Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:16:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 07:55:13 PM

These stores do not and can not get started by people who are not selling coins. (unless they already have money)

Bullshit, you can start as a mail-order type of store, placing free ads on Kijiji, Craig's list, maybe even e-bay on days when they have make a free auction promotions. You don't need to rent a storefront aka website etc until you are making enough sales to justify such expenses.

And pray tell, is Ebay Devcoin friendly?
Do people on Craigslist have them?

And how am I buying these things to sell on these sites?

Please think before posting.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 07:57:08 PM

U still don't understand what incentive is lol try to google it. noone said anythign about force.

No, YOU go Google incentive. A coin that is for holding incentivises no one but hoarders. And hoarders are doing nothing for anyone but themselves.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:57:43 PM

Ofcourse they wold not dump but how are these things coming into to existance? Surely through the bounty program?

NO. I am starting the Book store AND the Silver store.

And I am someone who writes a lot, and in the past (one round I wrote in EVER) I sold my coins.

And I will need to sell more this round if I plan on starting a silver and book store.

Like I said you cannot account for the general population which are not in your situation because your use-case is quite different than most people here... like I said its great your into the project and I will be very happy when you DO open up your stores, but you've been saying these things for a long time and they never happened yet so I will be there the first day you do it to take back my words. Until then we don't have any stores and we have dumping. The general population will open stores if you offer them bounty.

Remember there are people coming in with cash to buy devcoin at these rates so by more people holding it directly correlates with upwards pressure on the coin and then a higher CAP whcih increases likelyhood that some of the bounties get taken up by willing participants and it becomes self-fulfilling at that point.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 07:58:04 PM

People buy a lot of coins, the price goes up.
People sell a lot of coins, the price goes down.

People hoard, nothing happens. The other people need to be present 100x more than the hoarders.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 07:58:52 PM

but you've been saying these things for a long time

I started saying this about 2 weeks ago. You are fucking trolling.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:02:12 PM

You will be able to open a store up by selling your devcoin at these rates? Your bookstore too? How long do you think it will take and what price do you think you will be at maybe 2 or 3x lower than here? You think everyone is like you that will spend their own cash upfront to open up stores when they see that the value keeps dropping? It will only happen if there are more buyers than sellers. How many sellers do we have? Who are the buyers? Only buyers I see are new people coming with cash/btc, and thats very few.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:02:20 PM

My first post about Silver:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293125.0
September 12, 2013, 08:35:03 PM

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:03:58 PM

Well maybe we can let the rich folk, the authors, prove this theory about how much they will benefit the community with the bitcoins or fiat they dumped their devcoins for.

We could suspend share payments to authors completely, since we already massively overpaid the entire devtome sector of our economy for quite a while now.

The stinking rich authors, using the proceeds of their dumping of their devcoins, will easily rake in enough wealth to pay for more authors if they feel that they need more authors in order to carry out their task of working on devtome, since they will have all kinds of income from the businesses they started plus also all kinds of income to share out that devtome earns from the ads on its pages...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:06:26 PM

You will be able to open a store up by selling your devcoin at these rates? Your bookstore too?

Yep. Just got over 20 Books in the mail, I am reading them and will write summaries to create my own book, and I will post the rough draft on Devtome. All purchased with my leftover devcoins from my first round in May, traded for BTC about two weeks ago at near current rates.

I have another 10-16 books on the way. And a list of over 350 books to buy. If I write over 80k words, my work should carry over and I should definitely make enough to be able to support a small silver store (for the small DVC community), and eventually it will grow as the DVC community grows.

Here's the books I have so far:

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:07:39 PM

We could suspend share payments to authors completely, since we already massively overpaid the entire devtome sector of our economy for quite a while now.

I've only been involved for 2 rounds. 1 I wrote 64,000 words. 1 I wrote 13,000... And I came here before about half the authors.

So that is just plain NOT TRUE.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:08:43 PM

Well maybe we can let the rich folk, the authors, prove this theory about how much they will benefit the community with the bitcoins or fiat they dumped their devcoins for.

The stinking rich authors, using the proceeds of their dumping of their devcoins, will easily rake in enough wealth to pay for more authors if they feel that they need more authors in order to carry out their task of working on devtome, since they will have all kinds of income from the businesses they started plus also all kinds of income to share out that devtome earns from the ads on its pages...

-MarkM-

lol good idea... maybe there needs to be a tutorial typed up on how the price of this crypto would rise fall with authors in mind since it is unique to the crypto community. By using nice pictures and diagrams we can easily convey the message across all spectrum of people here from those who get it to those who need more time. Offer a bounty for this?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:12:14 PM

You will be able to open a store up by selling your devcoin at these rates? Your bookstore too?

Yep. Just got over 20 Books in the mail, I am reading them and will write summaries to create my own book, and I will post the rough draft on Devtome. All purchased with my leftover devcoins from my first round in May, traded for BTC about two weeks ago at near current rates.

I have another 10-16 books on the way. And a list of over 350 books to buy. If I write over 80k words, my work should carry over and I should definitely make enough to be able to support a small silver store (for the small DVC community), and eventually it will grow as the DVC community grows.

Here's the books I have so far:

How are you planning to sell these books for devcoin? I thought your just writing these for more devcoin on devtome? Are you creating a website portal for your bookstore? How are you funding that, or are you an expert web developer? i usually charge $30-$50 per hour after an estimate so not sure how much you would have to write to make a bookstore which may be atleast 25-50 hours of work depending on how flash it is. Silver store the same thing? Have you done a business analysis interms of risk/cost margins of profit vs cost to run? I don't get it.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:15:23 PM

How are you planning to sell these books for devcoin? I thought your just writing these for more devcoin on devtome? Are you creating a website portal for your bookstore? How are you funding that, or are you an expert web developer? i usually charge $30-$50 per hour after an estimate so not sure how much you would have to write to make a bookstore which may be atleast 25-50 hours of work depending on how flash it is. Silver store the same thing? Have you done a business analysis interms of risk/cost margins of profit vs cost to run? I don't get it.

First I will just sell them on Bitcointalk, but that's once I get through at least 20 books, and can list my summaries and a picture of all the books.

But before that, the silver shop will have started, and I will be able to use money from that to get more books. And even hire other people. And the proceeds I get from Devtome will continue to add to that.

I will probably even be able to publish myself and others if they want.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:18:21 PM

I buy devcoins. I have offers to buy at every satoshi of price from one satoshi all the way up to, as I write this post, 38 satoshis.

I offer to buy more when I have bitcoins on the exchange to offer with, which is basically when someone buys one of my sell offers. I have sell offers at every satoshi of price from 41 satoshis all the way up to something like 385 satoshis or so.

Right now people aren't buying my sell offers so I am not adding more buy offers, trade has been very slow lately.

In the past, usually periodically people would buy all my offers all the way up over 200 satoshis, sometimes even over 300 satoshis, which is why I have sell offers up that high.

I have tried several times to get the price up to 40 satoshis by buying all sell offers that were offering to sell for 40 or less satoshis, but someone or someones seem to keep insisting they want to sell for less than 40 so finally I have had to just let them go ahead and do that, hoping that once they run out "we" can start trying again to get the price back up to 40 or higher.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:21:40 PM

I buy devcoins. I have offers to buy at every satoshi of price from one satoshi all the way up to, as I write this post, 38 satoshis.

I offer to buy more when I have bitcoins on the exchange to offer with, which is basically when someone buys one of my sell offers. I have sell offers at every satoshi of price from 41 satoshis all the way up to something like 385 satoshis or so.

Right now people aren't buying my sell offers so I am not adding more buy offers, trade has been very slow lately.

In the past, usually periodically people would buy all my offers all the way up over 200 satoshis, sometimes even over 300 satoshis, which is why I have sell offers up that high.

I have tried several times to get the price up to 40 satoshis by buying all sell offers that were offering to sell for 40 or less satoshis, but someone or someones seem to keep insisting they want to sell for less than 40 so finally I have had to just let them go ahead and do that, hoping that once they run out "we" can start trying again to get the price back up to 40 or higher.

-MarkM-

Well once people see that there is a company that tests the silver FOR YOU on camera, and allows you to go and view that video on YouTube whenever you damn well please... I think you will see a few Bitcoins turn into Devcoins. Smiley

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:28:44 PM

-MarkM-

Thats the problem its not someone but entire batches of people who are eager to sell at current rates instead of eager to buy.

FinShaggy: I offer that for your store idea we create a bounty so that once you have created it you recieve your payment which would be the upfront cost of getting it going but not including the cost of creating a website portal which you own so I don't think it shoul dbe compensated for.

I do believe we have to find a way to limit writer's shares to be in line with the rest of what people are getting and focus more on the bounty program so people will find ways to get bounties done instead of write stuff that noone will read and is substantially of less value than what the bounties would provide for devcoin.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:30:04 PM

And once I start publishing my history books, I will add about a gram of silver just for novelty value. And I will be getting a tiny print replica of these coins. So I can basically just have the tiniest little circle/square of silver, and "punch" the image onto the coin Smiley

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:32:36 PM

-MarkM-

FinShaggy: I offer that for your store idea we create a bounty so that once you have created it you recieve your payment which would be the upfront cost of getting it going but not including the cost of creating a website portal which you own so I don't think it shoul dbe compensated for.

I do believe we have to find a way to limit writer's shares to be in line with the rest of what people are getting and focus more on the bounty program so people will find ways to get bounties done instead of write stuff that noone will read and is substantially of less value than what the bounties would provide for devcoin.

That would be cool. I've thought about getting a bond thing going if I can afford both.

While we do need to figure out how to make shares more equal (again, a lower cap is really a good solution in the short run) we also need to figure out how to make the other programs as proactive as devtome.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:35:57 PM

-MarkM-

That would be cool. I've thought about getting a bond thing going if I can afford both.

While we do need to figure out how to make shares more equal (again, a lower cap is really a good solution in the short run) we also need to figure out how to make the other programs as proactive as devtome.

Great now we are on the same page. Feels good doesn't it? Smiley
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 08:37:17 PM

-MarkM-

Great now we are on the same page. Feels good doesn't it? Smiley

Yeah, but we can't cap at like 5 shares, or there is no incentive to add extensive information to Devtome. I could write 100k words and never come back.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: