Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:15:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
acs26

June 27, 2013, 02:21:19 AM

Sorry I was inactive, once again. Getting prepared for college life again (One-two months away). Anybody need their service/business in the main thread? Or they need their thread?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metazilla

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:27:55 AM

Hey acs26, just noticed this part of the first post should be changed:

To get on a donation list, an open source developer can message me or post in an active devcoin thread. They could also post in the original induction thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18498

Since I'm now in charge of the share list, this should be changed to something like this:

To get on a donation list to receive shares of devcoin, an open source developer should message the share administrator or post in this thread. For more information on developer shares, see the devtome page.

Code:
To get on a donation list to receive shares of devcoin, an open source developer should message [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=91796]the share administrator[/url] or post in this thread. For more information on developer shares, see the [url=http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin#developer]devtome page[/url].

tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:04:11 PM

I haven't had a chance to write anything for round 25.  Anybody know when round 25 ends?  I hope the payout is better than round 24. 140,955 per share which was $13 per share came in where I predicted at less than $3 per hour.

I'm hesitant to even bother but it's good for the devcoins I do have to get more content out there so I'll try to put some effort into it.  I wonder if we'll get lots of writers from emerging countries as $3 per hour is still really good money out there.  Should be interesting.

So wait the previous round has been paid out? I got nothing and should have had at least 8 shares, ffs -.-
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:54:11 PM

I haven't had a chance to write anything for round 25.  Anybody know when round 25 ends?  I hope the payout is better than round 24. 140,955 per share which was $13 per share came in where I predicted at less than $3 per hour.

I'm hesitant to even bother but it's good for the devcoins I do have to get more content out there so I'll try to put some effort into it.  I wonder if we'll get lots of writers from emerging countries as $3 per hour is still really good money out there.  Should be interesting.

So wait the previous round has been paid out? I got nothing and should have had at least 8 shares, ffs -.-
No, don't panic (although I'm assuming you did receive communication on you dvc address in the end? Recall you posting about it previously):

Currently ~block 95,188

Round 23 started block 85k and ended block 89k, Payments block 92k to 96k (i.e. currently paying out)
Round 24 started block 89k and ended block 93k, Payments block 96k to 100k (should start paying out about 3rd July)
Round 25 started block 93k and ends block 97k, Payments block 100k to 104k
Round 26 started block 97k and ends block 101k, Payments block 104k to 108k
etc
Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:58:14 PM

I'm pretty sure the shares haven't paid out yet.

EDIT: I'm slow.
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:24:00 PM

No, don't panic (although I'm assuming you did receive communication on you dvc address in the end? Recall you posting about it previously):

Currently ~block 95,188

Round 23 started block 85k and ended block 89k, Payments block 92k to 96k (i.e. currently paying out)
Round 24 started block 89k and ended block 93k, Payments block 96k to 100k (should start paying out about 3rd July)
etc

Nice one!

Yeah I did have communication about confirming my address, thanks for checking.
ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:47:54 PM

Currently ~block 95,188

etc

Thats very helpful since I was wondering block payments! theres around 1800 blocks to go till round 25 ends I think

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:24:16 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 06:27:39 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Post Deleted.

I got a complaint from the mod saying I was off topic.

I can respect that so I deleted my own post.

I am absolutely into devcoin, more than any other coin, its the only alt coin i regularly put hard earned cash in and accumulate.  There's something about it I can't put my finger on - I feel something big will happen with devcoin.

And I'm not talking about all the good it does and the fact it's the only coin smart enough to develop a business plan, but it's shocking other coins with much more cash aren't even talking about it.

I think we will soon see some major cash coming into devcoin for this reason so even if I were to ever start my own coin I would absolutely keep devcoin in my top crypto-coin investment choices cause as you say, at today's price, it's cheaper than starting your own coin.

It's just the namebrand itself, it can take many years to become well known but so far devcoin has done a great job even in that department.

Sorry for going off topic with that post.  Didn't see it - Won't happen again.  

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:04:14 AM

personally i prefer devcoin because it caters to developers which is the way of the future. It already is a father coin so it has recognition in the community. Its already near zero so better off investing in this than creatig a new one with just a namechange
weisoq

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:03:39 PM

are there still plans for an open transactions for grannies - or idiots like me - and/or any way to gauge asset volumes at price, as well as prices on OT even if it's view-only?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 01:22:54 AM

are there still plans for an open transactions for grannies - or idiots like me - and/or any way to gauge asset volumes at price, as well as prices on OT even if it's view-only?

What do you mean?  I don't understand what you're asking?  Thanks in advance.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:23:11 AM

How do I join in the administrative work in DVC?  Is there a web link or is it by invitation?
Aegis (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 87

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:28:20 AM

Hey acs26, just noticed this part of the first post should be changed:

To get on a donation list, an open source developer can message me or post in an active devcoin thread. They could also post in the original induction thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18498

Since I'm now in charge of the share list, this should be changed to something like this:

To get on a donation list to receive shares of devcoin, an open source developer should message the share administrator or post in this thread. For more information on developer shares, see the devtome page.

Code:
To get on a donation list to receive shares of devcoin, an open source developer should message [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=91796]the share administrator[/url] or post in this thread. For more information on developer shares, see the [url=http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin#developer]devtome page[/url].

Changed it. Sorry for doing it so late.

How do I join in the administrative work in DVC?  Is there a web link or is it by invitation?

Normally by invitation. (Pretty sure, but I could be wrong.)
- acs26
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 08:51:57 AM

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:25:13 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 10:56:30 PM by Unthinkingbit

The new devcoin admins, in decreasing order of seniority, are Notabot (Fheenix on devtome), TaxReturn, Alyssa85, Acs26, and Ranlo. They were given the options of:

1) Signing up writers, along with Fuzzy Bear, Weisoq and any other signing administrators. The work would be split according to the writers' name, for example if there were three, the first signing administrator would handle A-E, the second F-K, and the third L-Z.

2) Check to see that articles meet the devtome requirements.

3) Awarding the tiny (fraction of a share) bounties, and checking that paid maintenance work is being done.

4) Investor relations. Charting the growth in words and page views. When we have advertising revenue, determine the net present value of writing a devtome article and chart the growth in revenue.

5) Make up your own job.

Acs26 was additionally given the option of continuing to admin the Aegis account.

Notabot chose investor relations, and made the charts and statistics page at:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_stats

TaxReturn, Alyssa85, and Ranlo chose to check articles. Acs26 chose to continue to admin the Aegis account.

The post of Promotion Administrator has been eliminated.

Admins are chosen by invitation. I look over the posts on the devcoin threads, especially the main one, and if someone who gets generation devcoins is polite, makes several informative posts, and/or helps newbies, then I'll ask that person to be an admin. If someone messages me with a request to be an admin, I'll look over their posts if I haven't already.

Edit: I rescinded the offer of other administrative work to FinShaggy.

ashleysly

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:02:15 PM

The new devcoin admins, in decreasing order of seniority, are Notabot (Fheenix on devtome), TaxReturn, Alyssa85, Acs26, and Ranlo. They were given the options of:

1) Signing up writers, along with Fuzzy Bear, Weisoq and any other signing administrators. The work would be split according to the writers' name, for example if there were three, the first signing administrator would handle A-E, the second F-K, and the third L-Z.

3) Awarding the tiny (fraction of a share) bounties, and checking that paid maintenance work is being done.

4) Investor relations. Charting the growth in words and page views. When we have advertising revenue, determine the net present value of writing a devtome article and chart the growth in revenue.

5) Make up your own job.

Acs26 was additionally given the option of continuing to admin the Aegis account.

TaxReturn, Alyssa85, and Ranlo chose to check articles. Acs26 chose to continue to admin the Aegis account.

The post of Promotion Administrator has been eliminated. I offered FinShaggy the option of other admin work, and he chose to concentrate on writing. The offer to FinShaggy for other admin work is open, he can choose something if he ever wants to.

Admins are chosen by invitation. I look over the posts on the devcoin threads, especially the main one, and if someone who gets generation devcoins is polite, makes several informative posts, and/or helps newbies, then I'll ask that person to be an admin. If someone messages me with a request to be an admin, I'll look over their posts if I haven't already.

Having admins doing option 2 is very good as it can prevent people abusing the generation share from devtome by writing faux articles.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:19:20 PM

5) Make up your own job.

The post of Promotion Administrator has been eliminated. I offered FinShaggy the option of other admin work, and he chose to concentrate on writing. The offer to FinShaggy for other admin work is open, he can choose something if he ever wants to.

Having admins doing option 2 is very good as it can prevent people abusing the generation share from devtome by writing faux articles.

Yep, and with that said, if anyone happens to run across anything problematic, you can notify me and I will check it out and get a hold of the poster if I also agree there is an issue.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
weisoq

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:22:06 PM

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

Thanks mark got that, no volume info/transaction history? (Vlad, this is what I was referring and long term plans or ideas I've read and listened about to enable dummies to access and use open transactions. I can't really go into more detail without just cutting and pasting other links to OT as I'm still learning about it).

Devtome admin - that's great. Appreciate some or all of you have already been working on such checks for a while, so have those roles now actually begun?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:27:20 PM

so have those roles now actually begun?

They have! It will take us a little bit to get situated though, and get everything rolling well. And we can always still use some help from the community in policing things.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
daggerismo

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:39:35 PM

i want earn some Devcoins by writing, i already registered on devtome, now what? i mean, what i need to do now to start writting and earn some dvcs?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: