Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:09:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
silvercardbank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 08:30:30 PM

Hi , i know all you guys are working hard to promote devcoin and i think your doing a great job .
sure devcoin is going to have a good year this year .The problem so far as i see it ...not just with devcoin , but all the cryptocurrenceys in general including bitcoin: is there is nothing much out there to spend it on.!
 speculation seems to be the only reason to get involved.
i have been thinking of ways that could make devcoin more attractive and products that everyone needs on a daily basis that could be purchased with devcoin to get a jump up on all the other currencies out there.. i am in the uk and the product i have come up with is mobile phone credit.
when you buy a ten pound  top up voucher from a conveinance store the store owner makes 40 pence no doubt the payment processing teminal also makes about 60p so you only realy get nine pounds of airtime for your your ten. there are websites that you can use to top up anyones phone not just your own just buy simply entering their number. therfore if it is possible to buy airtime direct or wholesale direct from the phone networks and sell top up vouchers accepting devcoin by cutting the middle men out it should be possible to sell ten pounds credit for nine pounds which would be very attractive . the cryptocurency comming in for this service of course could also be sold on again at a mark up to keep it turning over and at the same time get a lot of atention to devcoin by word of mouth ebay advertizing ect. i have attempted to make a  demo website using a webbuilder as i am not a techie just to show the idea. not sure if i should post it here as i dont want to tout bussiness in here and kicked off.
i would like to get involved more somehow as i think devcoin is the only cryptocurrency that has a very long term future because its not just about making the money it,s about the people behind it and getting a fair share of work put in . none of the others do this so it really is a no brainer
looking forward to your thoughts any feedback. happy new year to all jason t
Hi. Don't know how that's done with mobile credit and accounts but it's a good idea, particularly for the younger demographic and particularly if there's some price or transaction advantage. I don't see any harm in showing a demo of a devcoin businees here Smiley - instead your biggest risk is if it's a good idea it might be copied and implemented before you're done, alternatively maybe someone with the skillset could help? I'm also in the UK and completely selfishly a local version of the giftcard enterprise would get regular business from me.

robcop: http://faucet.d.evco.in/

Thank you for your feedback, at the moment this is just an idea to help raise awareness of devcoin as no mobile network accepts cryptocurrency for pay as you go phone credit. also not just young people, but many that use pay as you go do do because they do not have access to a banking account to set up a contract with a provider. any of these people can set up a crypto account and those that have one already would find phone credit a usefull product to spend there coin on . just saying you can now top up your phone on any uk network using devcoin should get some attention. even if the site accepts other currencys also. to prevent copycats doing a better job and stealing the idea i have made a demo website that charges no fees or commision. juas accepting tips if you like the service just to see if there is any interest in the idea. buying airtime at a discount later could make it profitable and then switch to only accepting devcoin when there are some funds in the account and it is a little more known . any help or feedback is much appreciated. jasont   wwwcryptocredit.co.uk  and cryptocreditphones.com
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 08:32:05 PM

So you suggest that competition is wrong?

No. Just not the general idea behind Open Source.

You somehow seem to apply that the programmers can't be customers themselves?

The "... or choose not to..." was intended to remove that notion.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
novacadian

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 08:36:43 PM

Look I understand what you want to say, but...

“Understanding is the first step to acceptance...”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 08:38:37 PM

lol, damn I wanted to get in a philosophical debate with you, and you try to disarm me with this harry potter one liner.

Grin

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:39:25 PM

Good morning all!  I woke up to an unexpected surprise of a large DVC deposit that I have no idea who its from nor what its for.  If it was an accidental transaction, the sender can PM me with the exact amount sent so that I know they are the rightful owner and I will return it.  Thanks.  It was sent to the address in my signature.

I got one, too. I suspect it's about the issue below.

Notabot would stop selling his devcoins, and send all but 5 million back to people at the end of December, and then send all but 5 million back at the end of the round 30 payment at the end of January. For a year, round 31 to round 42 inclusive, a third of his earnings would be sent back.

Indeed that's what it's from. Notabot decided to not hold back 5 million as I recommended, he sent all his 20 million devcoins. I then sent it in turn in proportion to the current account 31 file. The payments are currently at:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/payment.csv

but that file changes once in a while so it's not a permanent record. The block record is permanent, and the transactions are in the following blocks:
http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/d9ff14adbc1f8cf78e7f4c8690aa215f2bf1fb53bbb7f04dfea13c82c0821941
http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/6f8c79db2d47849aae2fb0839d03ea0b45a6cca9e292ac52c1b99c960536f2c3
http://darkgamex.ch:2751/block/6376ded227406452c84b4218814c53522f3a1d4b70e0f5c25f2723840509f250

The next and last payment will be at the end of this payment round, about Jan 28, 2014.

novacadian

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:02:19 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 06:34:23 PM by novacadian

In the spirit of my understanding of Open Source, what follows is the script that handles incoming emails at http://trollkeep.com/forum/ . As it is not deemed eligible for a bounty until code is changed in the SMF code to allow outgoing emails to non-registered forum entities it is given as a labor of love and a test to see how much cooperation is to be found in this community.

Code:

#!/usr/bin/php -q
<?php

//                    GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
//                       Version 3, 29 June 2007

//    This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
//    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
//    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
//    (at your option) any later version.

//    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
//    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
//    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
//    GNU General Public License for more details.

//    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
//    along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
//
//    novacadian - Jan. 6, 2014

//DB access info
// Replace below value with the access name for the Database eg. "admin"
$dbuser 'MySQL User Name';
// Replace below value with the password for the Database eg. "password"
$dbpass 'MySQL Password';
// Replace below value with the database name for the Database eg. "smf_DB"
$dbname 'MySQL Database';
// Replace below value with the location the Database eg. "localhost"
$dbhost 'MySQL Location';

$from "";
$subject "";
$message "";
$to "";
$headers "";
$MaxSizeInKB 1024;
$email "";

// Open STDIN
$fp fopen("php://stdin""r");
if (!
$fp)
{
        echo 
"Nothing in Standard In!";

fclose($fp);
        exit();
}

//  MaxSizeInKB should be adjusted if a larger size is desired.
if ($MaxSizeInKB == -1)
{
        while (!
feof($fp))
        {

$email .= fread($fp1024);
        }
}
else
{
        while (!
feof($fp) && $i_limit $MaxSizeInKB)
        {

$email .= fread($fp1024);

$i_limit++;
        }
}
// Close STDIN
fclose($fp);
// Break STDIN's input into workable parts.
$lines explode("\n"$email);

// Flag used to terminate below for loop.
$parseheaders true;
// Move through the input from STDIN parsing needed data
for ($i=0$i count($lines); $i++)
{
        if (
$parseheaders)
        {

$headers .= $lines[$i]."\n";
                if (
preg_match("/^From: (.*)/"$lines[$i], $values))
                {

$from $values[1];

$words explode(" "$from);
                        for (
$x=0$x count($words); $x++)
                        {

$pos strpos($words[$x], "@");
                                if (
$pos == TRUE)
                                {

$tmp_words str_replace ('>'''str_replace('<'''$words[$x]));
                                        list(
$froma$fromb) = explode('@'$tmp_words);
                                }
                        }
                }
                if (
preg_match("/^Subject: (.*)/"$lines[$i], $values))
                {

$subject $values[1];
                }
                if (
preg_match("/^To: (.*)/"$lines[$i], $values))
                {

$to $values[1];
                }
        }
        else
        {

$message .= $lines[$i]."\n";
        }
        if (
trim($lines[$i])=="")
        {

$parseheaders false;
        }
}

//Below will get Member Name the email is addressed to so as to check against the SFM database.
$to str_replace ('>'''str_replace('<'''$to));
list(
$toa$tob) = explode('@'$to);
// Place the email address of sender at the bottom of the PM
$message.="\n\n===========================================================\nThis message was sent from: ".$tmp_words;

//Open the DB
$db mysql_connect('localhost','dbuser','$dbpass') or die("Database error");
mysql_select_db($dbname$db);

//Get the MemberID of the receiver of the email.
$query1 sprintf("select id_member from smf_members where member_name='$toa'");
$result mysql_query($query1);
$row mysql_fetch_row($result);
$memberid=$row[0];

//Check for the MemberID of the sender of the email
$query2 sprintf("select id_member from smf_members where member_name='$froma'");
$result mysql_query($query2);
$row mysql_fetch_row($result);
$frommemberid=$row[0];

//If no match is found have it send from Mailman. The Mailman account should be created in SMF. It happened
//to be instance 4 on the developmental site.
if ($frommemberid == FALSE) {$frommemberid=4;}

//Get a random number to place into id_pm_head so that id_pm can be looked up.
$tmp_id_pm_head=rand(1,500000);

//Place info in smf_personal_messages
$query3 sprintf("insert into smf_personal_messages (id_pm_head,id_member_from,from_name,subject,body) values
    (
$tmp_id_pm_head,$frommemberid,'$froma','$subject','$message')");

//Look up id_pm using the random number as key
$query4 sprintf("select id_pm from smf_personal_messages where id_pm_head=$tmp_id_pm_head");
$results =  mysql_query($query4);
$row mysql_fetch_row($results);
$id_pm=$row[0];

//Change id_pm_head to match id_pm
$query5 sprintf("update smf_personal_messages set id_pm_head=$id_pm where id_pm=$id_pm");
$result =  mysql_query($query5);

//Place info in smf_pm_recipients
$query6 sprintf("insert into smf_pm_recipients (id_pm,id_member,is_new,is_read) values ($id_pm,$memberid,1,0)");
$result mysql_query($query6);
//Close database
mysql_close($db);

// EOF

// If the write to the DB fails it would be a good idea to catch the email in caughtemails.txt to have a
// backup until the script is deemed bullet proof.
//$file = 'caughtemails.txt';
//$content.="\nFrom:".$from."\n";
//$content.="\nTo:".$to."\n";
//$content.="\nSubject:".$subject."\n";
//$content.="\nMessage:".$message."\n";
//$content.="\nTo MemberName:".$toa."\n";
//$content.="To MemberID:".$memberid."\n";
//$content.="\nFrom Name:".$froma."\n";
//$content.="From MemberID:".$frommemberid."\n";
//$content.="Sender Email:".$tmp_words."\n";
//$content.="\n\n==============================================\n\n";
//file_put_contents($file, $content);

?>

- Nova

[Edit: Had DB name hard coded.]

[Edit: This script does no longer meet the criteria of the project as far as the challenge–response that is requited by step 2. That is now being worked on and will be released once complete. - Jan 9, 2014]

silvercardbank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:04:57 PM

wow ! so devcoin would only need to go to a dollar and most of you guys on the list would be millionares.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:06:24 PM

wow ! so devcoin would only need to go to a dollar and most of you guys on the list would be millionares.

For many a few cent would be enough for that.

novacadian

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:10:33 PM

One is a personal friend of mine. My guess is there are a few more out there. Smiley

- Nova

dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

lol, damn I wanted to get in a philosophical debate with you, and you try to disarm me with this harry potter one liner.

Grin

LOL Worked for me Smiley heheh

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:13:39 PM

but don't let a market cap value decieve you.

That it might show 1 dollar one day is one thing,
to have would-be-millionaires dump their devcoins all at once to become millionaires and therefore crushin the devcoin price AND their dream is another thing.

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:17:16 PM

Hello everyone,

The forum @ http://162.243.37.115 now bans users from viewing your topics if they are on your ignore list.

Mabtc and I both tested the trollblocking feature, and it worked for both of us. Tenthirtyone gets the 48 share + 6 million devcoin troll blocking award, which is finished.

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:26:07 PM

Hello everyone,

The forum @ http://162.243.37.115 now bans users from viewing your topics if they are on your ignore list.

Mabtc and I both tested the trollblocking feature, and it worked for both of us. Tenthirtyone gets the 48 share + 6 million devcoin troll blocking award, which is finished.

Awesome!  That's a nice looking forum by the way!
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:27:17 PM

A few weeks ago I asked MAbtc to be an admin, but all the positions got taken so there wasn't anything to do. Then Tenthirtyone made the forum, and I needed a tester, so I asked MAbtc to test it and he agreed. He is now a tester admin and once the forum is finished he can choose another job.

dalamar96

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:33:46 PM

A few weeks ago I asked MAbtc to be an admin, but all the positions got taken so there wasn't anything to do. Then Tenthirtyone made the forum, and I needed a tester, so I asked MAbtc to test it and he agreed. He is now a tester admin and once the forum is finished he can choose another job.

Congratz MAbtc! Smiley

And Congratz to TenThirtyOne on the bounty Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
paul3

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:37:21 PM

I would like to make an improvement proposal regarding the title tags on devtome.com.

For search engines like Google it is important to have a descriptive title tag (<title>) for every page (see here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en). Devtome is generating the title tag for each page from the page id, p.a. http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now the title is "devcoin_bounty_now".

There seems to be a function in dokuwiki to use the first heading from each article to make have a proper title tag: https://www.dokuwiki.org/config:useheading. Most articles I had a look at where using headings.

This change should result in more visitors through search engines after some time.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:41:14 PM

Will the forum become the official discussionplace now?
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:43:23 PM

Hello everyone,

Awesome!  That's a nice looking forum by the way!

I noticed that when I wasn't logged in I was blocked from viewing any of the threads but when I logged in the blocking was removed. Is the forum supposed to block non-members from seeing the threads or is that just a glitch?

Nice looking forum Smiley

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Papacrusher

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:47:56 PM

I agree, that is a really nice looking forum.  Is there an ETA on it going fully live?

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:25:49 PM

I can tell you very honestly that I do not want Devcoin to be $1 tomorrow. I want it to be whatever its going to be worth on the basis of a thriving and large developer user base. I think the latter will take at least an additional 3 years of hard work while the coin stabilizes.

Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: