Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:11:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058399 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:10:18 AM

I'm now offering 1000 / 1500 DVC to each person who votes to add DVC / BTC to Cryptsy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408884

EDIT: if anyone wants to donate DVC to help keep this alive (or so I can increase the reward - I want 1000 people voting for it on Cryptsy) 1M8A5WqBuQYU8yBfWeEp9jZTMzCfHxv5Bg

FWIW, Cryptsy used to do DVC/BTC. Now they do XPM/BTC and LTC/BTC. I'm not sure why they removed the BTC link though.

I just tried Crypsy for the first time today and haven't been very impressed so far....

My intital deposit of just a few thousand Devcoins took a few hours to show up in my acccount.

When I was attempting to enter some trades, some of them would show up immediately and others would not.

However, I guess that I am going to stick around because of the closeness of the DVC/LTC trading pairs compared to other sites.

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:31:55 AM

I have a thought on Devtome articles that I would like to share but Im still new enough to have no idea really, so any correction will be received with an attempt at grace  Cool

I know I am allowed use and to link to articles I have published elsewhere (basically) and that anyone can then reuse my work as long it is  attributed, but where do I stand if I republish my own work? Do I attribute it in the same way, using Devtome as the source? If so, this could be quite a valuable tip for increasing Devtome content on the search engines (related to quality of inbound links and relevancy etc) or am I being kind of sneaky?

for example: Im still working on a "Bitcoins for idiots" blog in my spare time (its going to take a while), cataloging my less than spectacular exploits (beginning with the first scammers I fell for) on its own site. Some of my posts I could use this content I can use and link back to Devtome, or I could create the articles on Devtome first, and then use them on my blog attributed... (I guess referring to others work on Devtome would also have the same effect.)

Any thoughts on this in terms of impact on raising awareness, and in the long term - the future advertising/marketing revenue?

What you're asking will most definitely work. But it works *better* if the content is different between the two sources. ie. do a re-write of the article for Devtome, so that you don't get caught up in the duplicate content penalty (there are ways around this, but they are much more involved). This will actually increase the value of BOTH articles.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
max2838

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:49:12 AM

Hoping someone can help. I added a lot of content this round but wasn't added to the spreadsheet. What do I need to do?

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:max2838

Thanks for your help!
dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:28:34 AM

Are those your reviews of the books on kindle? Are they original or were they used on Amazon as well?

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
max2838

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:58:47 AM

It was taken from a book that I published. The content can only be seen via purchasing on Amazon or on Devtome.
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:15:42 AM

What you're asking will most definitely work. But it works *better* if the content is different between the two sources. ie. do a re-write of the article for Devtome, so that you don't get caught up in the duplicate content penalty (there are ways around this, but they are much more involved). This will actually increase the value of BOTH articles.

I see how what are saying would work, but it isn't really in the true spirit of "original" works to rework and article that way so I think it probably isn't in line with my personal ethos. (I am not suggesting its wrong, just not what I want to do with my own original work)

I am trying to work it so it benefits Devtome, not just to double to populate one or the other with the same things. I also don't think my blog is a "reputable source" yet - its the ravings of a Bitcoin explorer STILL learning that scammers are attracted to newbies coming into to bitcoins (and other currencies) like butterflies to a candle. I figure while I am learning to singe a few wings, documenting the journey might benefit others Wink - Devtome gains nothing by quoting it in any way.

Thank you for your response though, Its got me thinking about why this was even an issue for me and I think it's because I really don't want to just pulp out words and that is the obvious temptation with Devtome paying so well for each word, but I also have to be a bit professional about it and recognise the value. So the most ethical? (for me) thing to do would be use portions of my more factual Devtome articles as references for my less than stellar blog posts and include back links in the attributions.

Can anyone let me know if this will be in breach of the license? I have read it but the above is based on my understanding, which could be wrong

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:45:37 AM

I see how what are saying would work, but it isn't really in the true spirit of "original" works to rework and article that way so I think it probably isn't in line with my personal ethos. (I am not suggesting its wrong, just not what I want to do with my own original work)

I am trying to work it so it benefits Devtome, not just to double to populate one or the other with the same things. I also don't think my blog is a "reputable source" yet - its the ravings of a Bitcoin explorer STILL learning that scammers are attracted to newbies coming into to bitcoins (and other currencies) like butterflies to a candle. I figure while I am learning to singe a few wings, documenting the journey might benefit others Wink - Devtome gains nothing by quoting it in any way.

Thank you for your response though, Its got me thinking about why this was even an issue for me and I think it's because I really don't want to just pulp out words and that is the obvious temptation with Devtome paying so well for each word, but I also have to be a bit professional about it and recognise the value. So the most ethical? (for me) thing to do would be use portions of my more factual Devtome articles as references for my less than stellar blog posts and include back links in the attributions.

Can anyone let me know if this will be in breach of the license? I have read it but the above is based on my understanding, which could be wrong

To clarify, you're asking if you can write content on Devtome and then write blog posts that help push people to the Devtome articles? If so, that's definitely allowed, and is the alternative to doing two articles. I actually use this for cross-promotion between my own sites as well (ie. the main article will be on one site, and I'll do a short intro with a link to the full one), and from an SEO standpoint it is safe to do as well.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:55:30 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 04:08:16 PM by emfox

Hello, our admin team.

I am curious is there any strategy about the use of devcoin.org ? (I suppose it's our official main domain) like, I'd like to apply an faucet.devcoin.org for my faucet, or there will be forum.devcoin.org, pointing to future coinzen.org? anyone incharge of this? if any, I'd like to apply some subdomain. If not, I'd like to do this work. I think it'll promote our site, and increase awareness of our community, by widely using our main domain (so I can stop using the geeky d.evco.in)

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
melodiem

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:58:48 AM

To clarify, you're asking if you can write content on Devtome and then write blog posts that help push people to the Devtome articles? If so, that's definitely allowed, and is the alternative to doing two articles. I actually use this for cross-promotion between my own sites as well (ie. the main article will be on one site, and I'll do a short intro with a link to the full one), and from an SEO standpoint it is safe to do as well.

Cheers Ranlo! Yes you are on the same page I think, I am thinking of adding quotes of the Devtome text with attribution and links below, so my blog visitors don't need to go off the site to get the info, but there are links to do so if they want to explore further. A list of reference links at the bottom of the blog posts could be intended to drive them to Devtome when I finish with them though Wink

Thanks for your responses, they helped me chew this through.  Smiley

melodiem

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:01:19 AM

................ (so I can stop using the geeky d.evco.in)

I could give you faucet.kissmyweb.com but thats probably worse Cheesy

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:03:18 AM

Cheers Ranlo! Yes you are on the same page I think, I am thinking of adding quotes of the Devtome text with attribution and links below, so my blog visitors don't need to go off the site to get the info, but there are links to do so if they want to explore further. A list of reference links at the bottom of the blog posts could be intended to drive them to Devtome when I finish with them though Wink

Thanks for your responses, they helped me chew this through.  Smiley

No problem, and that's 100% allowed.

YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:28:28 AM

Be warned that if you deposit DVC to cryptsy there is a 12-24 hour wait to get access to your coins.
They will appear to be missing for that time and then will eventually show up. Just letting everyone know.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:38:14 AM

I'm now offering 1000 / 1500 DVC to each person who votes to add DVC / BTC to Cryptsy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408884

EDIT: if anyone wants to donate DVC to help keep this alive (or so I can increase the reward - I want 1000 people voting for it on Cryptsy) 1M8A5WqBuQYU8yBfWeEp9jZTMzCfHxv5Bg

FWIW, Cryptsy used to do DVC/BTC. Now they do XPM/BTC and LTC/BTC. I'm not sure why they removed the BTC link though.

I just tried Crypsy for the first time today and haven't been very impressed so far....

My intital deposit of just a few thousand Devcoins took a few hours to show up in my acccount.

When I was attempting to enter some trades, some of them would show up immediately and others would not.

However, I guess that I am going to stick around because of the closeness of the DVC/LTC trading pairs compared to other sites.

Bittzy78

Yes Cryptsy has issues - but the trade volume there is huge and having DVC / BTC trading there will only strengthen Devcoin.

They are working hard to fix these issues too - and you will always get your coins eventually.
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:04:34 AM

I thought I published over 50k words this round but only got 29 shares.  I could be wrong because I can't remember if I published Hengemaster Novel (http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=hengemaster_novel) in this round or in the round before.  Can someone please check?  Thanks.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:08:52 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 11:23:52 AM by Hunterbunter

People are dumping bitcoins too. Both bitcoins and devcoins have been available cheap lately.

A great time to be a buyer.

Place buy orders below current prices in steps downward, and as they sell put them back on the sell side above current prices going up in steps.

Nice income to be made that way.

It goes in waves, a while back all my sell orders up through 193 Satoshis per coin got bought, then came this downward move where more and more cheaper and cheaper buy orders are getting taken up giving me more devcoins with which to replenish my sell orders ready for the next upswing.

-MarkM-

yes this is a great idea, and I've been doing this too (to a smaller degree, as I don't have as many devcoins as you!). I've actually just been using the shotgun bot you created the bounty for...vircurex got back to me, by the way, and basically said "nope, 100 is the limit until we upgrade our servers, then we make it 500", then basically ignored all my further questions, which kind of sucks. I've still been able to do clears and place 1000 orders still, though, before it actually detects it, but I don't know if that's enough for you. (here for those who want to try it: https://github.com/hunterbunter/vircurex-python-shotgunbot)

Smeagol,1SMEAGqpm9JSpJ6JZaM5dEBptPTNahpFa,3-Rating Comments(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=rating_smeagol_31)

How many characters are required to get 5 shares?  (I think I still have one page to go for rating anyway, sorry)

It might be a syntax error - you're supposed to put comments in brackets eg http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=rating_alyssa85_27 - the example that says "here's one with many comments" I think is actually wrong, or was written before that bracket rule was put in place.

On a related note, does anyone know how to see any comments from raters on their own writing? I for one would find it helpful to find ways to improve my content.
Hunterbunter

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:12:18 AM

I thought I published over 50k words this round but only got 29 shares.  I could be wrong because I can't remember if I published Hengemaster Novel (http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=hengemaster_novel) in this round or in the round before.  Can someone please check?  Thanks.

Have a look at your ratings here: http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/devtome

Just put your username and round 31, and have a look at the end; looks like rating was the problem.
matt608

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:20:01 AM

Have a look at your ratings here: http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/devtome

Just put your username and round 31, and have a look at the end; looks like rating was the problem.

Oh...  some of what I published was 'draft' material, so I suppose that's fair. 
Hunterbunter

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:27:16 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 11:42:58 AM by Hunterbunter

I thought I published over 50k words this round but only got 29 shares.  I could be wrong because I can't remember if I published Hengemaster Novel (http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=hengemaster_novel) in this round or in the round before.  Can someone please check?  Thanks.

Oh...  some of what I published was 'draft' material, so I suppose that's fair.  

Yeah, after reading some of the comments left by raters for other writers - things like (incomplete) and giving a 30, I went back and deleted all bookmark pages like the one for a chapter in progress! The rating is supposed to be for the author, with a random article given as an "example" of work, but it wouldn't surprise me if those scores actually reflected the article linked more than all the articles combined...some writers are just so prolific!

EDIT:

can I just say, I god damn love python: http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/devtome/31/hunterbunter

can do it in the url so you can link it directly now...took about 1 minute to write and 3 minutes to test. (Yours would have been http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/devtome/31/matt608 if I'd thought of it sooner)
notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:59:34 AM

A new open source exchange at https://openex.pw/ has quite a few trading pairs, but not Devcoin yet. If you have a minute could you please send an email (only once) to admin@openex.pw and express your interest in having a currency that supports open source development, on an open source exchange. After all it only seems right.... Grin

Thank you.

matt608

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:24:15 PM

I thought I published over 50k words this round but only got 29 shares.  I could be wrong because I can't remember if I published Hengemaster Novel (http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=hengemaster_novel) in this round or in the round before.  Can someone please check?  Thanks.

Oh...  some of what I published was 'draft' material, so I suppose that's fair.  

Yeah, after reading some of the comments left by raters for other writers - things like (incomplete) and giving a 30, I went back and deleted all bookmark pages like the one for a chapter in progress! The rating is supposed to be for the author, with a random article given as an "example" of work, but it wouldn't surprise me if those scores actually reflected the article linked more than all the articles combined...some writers are just so prolific!

EDIT:

can I just say, I god damn love python: http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/devtome/31/hunterbunter

can do it in the url so you can link it directly now...took about 1 minute to write and 3 minutes to test. (Yours would have been http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/devtome/31/matt608 if I'd thought of it sooner)

It's completely reasonable for an incomplete work to not receive the highest rating, as there is clearly room for improvement, but if I may say so my incomplete novel draft had some really good chapters in it (mixed in with the not so good ones), and overall I would say is much better than some of my complete stories which I wrote a long time ago and published to Devtome in the same round.  So it does seem a little unfair to get a such low rating automatically for incompleteness when there is some really good stuff included in that incomplete story.  E.g. chapter 11 I am quite pleased with:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=hengemaster_novel#chaper_11
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: