Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:36:23 PM

Yeah, after reading some of the comments left by raters for other writers - things like (incomplete) and giving a 30, I went back and deleted all bookmark pages like the one for a chapter in progress! The rating is supposed to be for the author, with a random article given as an "example" of work, but it wouldn't surprise me if those scores actually reflected the article linked more than all the articles combined...some writers are just so prolific!

Is there somewhere I can read the ratings on my work? (not that I have any issues, just love the idea of critical feedback!)

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paul3

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:15:55 PM

Is there somewhere I can read the ratings on my work? (not that I have any issues, just love the idea of critical feedback!)

Try this search query: https://www.google.com/webhp#q=site%3Adevtome.com+%22Writer%2C+Article%3A+0-99%22

In the URL you can see the round or you add your username to the query: https://www.google.com/webhp#q=site%3Adevtome.com+%22Writer%2C+Article%3A+0-99%22+melodiem
melodiem

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:31:27 PM

Try this search query: https://www.google.com/webhp#q=site%3Adevtome.com+%22Writer%2C+Article%3A+0-99%22

In the URL you can see the round or you add your username to the query: https://www.google.com/webhp#q=site%3Adevtome.com+%22Writer%2C+Article%3A+0-99%22+melodiem

Thankyou! I did a search on Devtome, didnt think of google lol

dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:51:46 PM

Just a small update on the DevTome / DevCoin Information Site I have been putting together.  (http://www.madrabbitproductions.com/DevCoin)

1) Added share history graph for those who have share histories
2) Updated the site to handle the round change over where there will be three active rounds at a time (Payout, Previous and Current)
3) Added a spot for DevTome writer stats, these will be parsed and updated in the coming days
    a) Trying to figure out best way to show the data and what is most used
    b) Want it to help those who write for DevTome write better (ratings, categorization and what not)
4) Updated to check the Previous Round Account and Receiver Files if they changed since the end of the round (or since the last parse)
5) Updated to CSS 3 and HTML 5
6) Trying to deal with Google Charts and it's inability to be responsive.
7) Just fixing small things and adding more data as I find it and think it may be prudent
Cool Also added DVC / LTC and LTC / BTC under the DevCoin info from Cryptsy in case you would like to firgure out how much DVC can go to BTC through LTC (Just remember the .3% fees!)
9) Building a faucet as well to add to the site
10) Figuring out a final resting place (Domain Name) for the site once all the kinks are worked out!
11) Looking into a Block Chain explorer as well since I have to have the daemon running for the faucet! Smiley

Chad

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:24:39 PM

I'm now offering 1000 / 1500 DVC to each person who votes to add DVC / BTC to Cryptsy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408884

EDIT: if anyone wants to donate DVC to help keep this alive (or so I can increase the reward - I want 1000 people voting for it on Cryptsy) 1M8A5WqBuQYU8yBfWeEp9jZTMzCfHxv5Bg

FWIW, Cryptsy used to do DVC/BTC. Now they do XPM/BTC and LTC/BTC. I'm not sure why they removed the BTC link though.

I just tried Crypsy for the first time today and haven't been very impressed so far....

My intital deposit of just a few thousand Devcoins took a few hours to show up in my acccount.

When I was attempting to enter some trades, some of them would show up immediately and others would not.

However, I guess that I am going to stick around because of the closeness of the DVC/LTC trading pairs compared to other sites.

Bittzy78

Yes Cryptsy has issues - but the trade volume there is huge and having DVC / BTC trading there will only strengthen Devcoin.

They are working hard to fix these issues too - and you will always get your coins eventually.

Yeah, I was having several WTF is going on here moments before the Devcoins finally showed up.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:29:16 PM

I'm now offering 1000 / 1500 DVC to each person who votes to add DVC / BTC to Cryptsy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408884

EDIT: if anyone wants to donate DVC to help keep this alive (or so I can increase the reward - I want 1000 people voting for it on Cryptsy) 1M8A5WqBuQYU8yBfWeEp9jZTMzCfHxv5Bg

FWIW, Cryptsy used to do DVC/BTC. Now they do XPM/BTC and LTC/BTC. I'm not sure why they removed the BTC link though.

I just tried Crypsy for the first time today and haven't been very impressed so far....

My intital deposit of just a few thousand Devcoins took a few hours to show up in my acccount.

When I was attempting to enter some trades, some of them would show up immediately and others would not.

However, I guess that I am going to stick around because of the closeness of the DVC/LTC trading pairs compared to other sites.

Bittzy78

Yes Cryptsy has issues - but the trade volume there is huge and having DVC / BTC trading there will only strengthen Devcoin.

They are working hard to fix these issues too - and you will always get your coins eventually.

Yeah, I was having several WTF is going on here moments before the Devcoins finally showed up.

just simply DONT USE craptsy...

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:35:34 PM

Bittzy78

The trade volume there on DVC / LTC is huge.

It has its problems - but it is also the largest cryptocurrency exchange out there.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:38:47 PM

It has its problems - but it is also the largest cryptocurrency exchange out there.

I agree. That's free market for you.

All the wrongdoings and problems that appear with cryptsy give other developers the opportunity to create a better exchange and grab market share away from cryptsy.

It will sort itself out sooner or later. :-)

Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 07:39:40 PM

I agree. That's free market for you.

All the wrongdoings and problems that appear with cryptsy give other developers the opportunity to create a better exchange and grab market share away from cryptsy.

It will sort itself out sooner or later. :-)

I hope that CEX.IO decides to expand their trading and allow more alt coins to be traded.

Their platform rocks...

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:21:00 AM

It was taken from a book that I published. The content can only be seen via purchasing on Amazon or on Devtome.
Might not be this issue, but did you 'prove' that earlier? When content is from an existing published book/article, you need to provide some means of confirming it's yours (system to protect author copyright) - usually just an temporary edit to original hosting site. Otherwise will show up as copied in checks. If you ask whoever signed you up or one of the article admins they can help with this.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:40:52 AM

It was taken from a book that I published. The content can only be seen via purchasing on Amazon or on Devtome.
Might not be this issue, but did you 'prove' that earlier? When content is from an existing published book/article, you need to provide some means of confirming it's yours (system to protect author copyright) - usually just an temporary edit to original hosting site. Otherwise will show up as copied in checks. If you ask whoever signed you up or one of the article admins they can help with this.
Why do we allow pre published that is commercial to be paid by devtome anyway? Shouldnt thr material be original and non commercial?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:45:50 AM

Why do we allow pre published that is commercial to be paid by devtome anyway? Shouldnt thr material be original and non commercial?

Well, the deal is that once it's posted on Devtome it's open source. In other words, if you are selling a book and post the same book on Devtome, you're now offering it completely free as well. So it's to help promote the open source writing. I think.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:16:17 AM

Well, the deal is that once it's posted on Devtome it's open source. In other words, if you are selling a book and post the same book on Devtome, you're now offering it completely free as well. So it's to help promote the open source writing. I think.

I would agree if it was the whole text and not just a portion copied from a commercial novel.  But it isn't my call Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
melodiem

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:11:27 AM

I have a devtome question...

I just realised I have made typo's in the names of my articles (its a u behind a q ...what can I say?)

Anyway, I know if I delete the content and remake the page it will fix it but will this mess with the article/word count thingies??

This wont be the last dummy question but it might be one of my dumbest.. sorry and thanks in advance Smiley

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:13:26 AM

I have a devtome question...

I just realised I have made typo's in the names of my articles (its a u behind a q ...what can I say?)

Anyway, I know if I delete the content and remake the page it will fix it but will this mess with the article/word count thingies??

This wont be the last dummy question but it might be one of my dumbest.. sorry and thanks in advance Smiley

Nope, just make sure you re-link the new names on your user page and you're good-to-go. The receiver files are already generated so if you are expecting payouts from round 31, don't worry: they are already, for all intents and purposes, locked right now.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
melodiem

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:44:08 AM

Nope, just make sure you re-link the new names on your user page and you're good-to-go. The receiver files are already generated so if you are expecting payouts from round 31, don't worry: they are already, for all intents and purposes, locked right now.

Cheers!

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:38:57 AM

That gives the nasty incentive to double post material and get paid twice because they are using negligibility pg reader to know any better... as far as I know being negligible doesnt clear you from doing a crime so why would it be allowed here?

Think about ppl buying on webapps that offer extra work to allow you to read via kindle or something .. doesnt make sense to allow it.
melodiem

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:55:16 AM

Facebook wouldnt let me post a link to Devtome, or to Devcoin.org, and forze my messenger!!!  Cry

I was in messenger sending the link to a friend, and tis big red warning comes up that the addy I am entering is dangerous and I cant proceed until I remove it ..but I cant remove it either fckrs!!!!

(no I didnt screenshot...Im an idiot ok?) anyway I can post to the wall, but not send messages, (still cant) didnt dare try to send it in a post after that.

Fckrs...

Still got my message across (and if anyone is interested in graphics with the devtome/devcoin addys on them let me know) but still.... fckrs!!

Does anyone know why they would be blocking Devcoins/Devtome? (both were in the message so not sure which one triggered it either)

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:12:56 AM

Facebook wouldnt let me post a link to Devtome, or to Devcoin.org, and forze my messenger!!!  Cry

I was in messenger sending the link to a friend, and tis big red warning comes up that the addy I am entering is dangerous and I cant proceed until I remove it ..but I cant remove it either fckrs!!!!

(no I didnt screenshot...Im an idiot ok?) anyway I can post to the wall, but not send messages, (still cant) didnt dare try to send it in a post after that.

Fckrs...

Still got my message across (and if anyone is interested in graphics with the devtome/devcoin addys on them let me know) but still.... fckrs!!

Does anyone know why they would be blocking Devcoins/Devtome? (both were in the message so not sure which one triggered it either)

A member, FinShaggy, appears to have (possibly) caused this (I say possibly because I'm not 100% sure, but he was the person sending out a lot of PM's to people so I think he's the one that got it flagged as spam).

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:22:54 AM

Fckrs...

A member, FinShaggy, appears to have (possibly) caused this (I say possibly because I'm not 100% sure, but he was the person sending out a lot of PM's to people so I think he's the one that got it flagged as spam).

I'm sorry to hear about that.

Other Devcoiners have reported the same problem - I'm 90% sure it's Devtome and I'm also 90% sure it is because someone was spamming FB. FB are ruthless with "spam" and it may take a long time for the link to be removed as spam.

We need to find a good URL redirection / cloaking service to share Devtome links on FB!
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: