Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:55:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058403 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:09:58 AM

Why demand devcoin over bitcoin?

Yes, but with devcoin:

You don't have to go thru the process of the free market to find someone who likes your work well enough to be willing to pay you in bitcoin.

So, you are free to just do what you like, free your mind, and just do the art... post it online... follow the devcoin rules, and voila, devcoins arrive in your wallet.

The issue is there still has to be value in Devcoin. If everyone is earning coins (180m a month) and nobody is buying, it doesn't matter if you have 10k or 10 trillion of them: they are worthless.

We need to find ways to get money in to the system. It's a lot like Bitcoin and what its problems were/are; people have to add money or the value goes down until it has none anymore.

We need people to promote the auction site as it is functional now. This way if bitcoins or litecoins are used to bid on devcoin funded auctions then it will directly be used to buy devcoins at market and put into the devcoin community fund. Imagine once we have say 10 btc a d ay being used to bid on devcoin auctions, then that 10 btc will be used to buy devcoins and slowly create speculative demand aswell as people front-run the buying. Now imagine if there are 4 or 5 businesses similar to my devcoinauctions.com, then demand has nowhere to go but up.. it is forced to rise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:11:40 AM

The issue is there still has to be value in Devcoin. If everyone is earning coins (180m a month) and nobody is buying, it doesn't matter if you have 10k or 10 trillion of them: they are worthless.

We need to find ways to get money in to the system. It's a lot like Bitcoin and what its problems were/are; people have to add money or the value goes down until it has none anymore.

Yes, but value in devcoin doesn't necessarily mean the value of the currency, but the value of all the stuff that is created by the developpers/artists.
(Ofcourse the latter will be reflected in the pricelevel of the first... but without the latter, the first one will not go anywhere.)

It's much like the problem wikipedia faces... they regularly ask for donations to keep everything running. They need to do this, and people gladly donate enough, because wikipedias content is very useful.

I think the value of devcoin will rise once we have a much better structure in our websites, so that artists, musicians, coders, writers, etc can find EXACTLY what they are looking for, and will therefor be thankful and possibly pay. I think the structure of devcoin content is still a mess, and missleading (where is the music, drawings, 3d art?)

It's great that devcoin exists... because it's unique and although we can't really say that it works well at the moment, we all have an expectation that some kind of true innovation for devcoin is around the corner.

We'll see.

Until then, I would love to see more integration of musicians, 3d designers etc...

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:16:48 AM

We need people to promote the auction site as it is functional now. This way if bitcoins or litecoins are used to bid on devcoin funded auctions then it will directly be used to buy devcoins at market and put into the devcoin community fund. Imagine once we have say 10 btc a d ay being used to bid on devcoin auctions, then that 10 btc will be used to buy devcoins and slowly create speculative demand aswell as people front-run the buying. Now imagine if there are 4 or 5 businesses similar to my devcoinauctions.com, then demand has nowhere to go but up.. it is forced to rise.

I am reading the "how to" as we speak: http://devcoinauctions.com/how-it-works-2/

I have to let this sink in a little...

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:17:10 AM

Why demand devcoin over bitcoin?

Yes, but with devcoin:

You don't have to go thru the process of the free market to find someone who likes your work well enough to be willing to pay you in bitcoin.

So, you are free to just do what you like, free your mind, and just do the art... post it online... follow the devcoin rules, and voila, devcoins arrive in your wallet.

This is true. I think if we can come up with other businesses that revolve around throwing money into Devcoin (whether directly as fiat or indirectly through other coins), that could help out as well.

Yes, but value in devcoin doesn't necessarily mean the value of the currency, but the value of all the stuff that is created by the developpers/artists.
(Ofcourse the latter will be reflected in the pricelevel of the first... but without the latter, the first one will not go anywhere.)

It's much like the problem wikipedia faces... they regularly ask for donations to keep everything running. They need to do this, and people gladly donate enough, because wikipedias content is very useful.

I think the value of devcoin will rise once we have a much better structure in our websites, so that artists, musicians, coders, writers, etc can find EXACTLY what they are looking for, and will therefor be thankful and possibly pay. I think the structure of devcoin content is still a mess, and missleading (where is the music, drawings, 3d art?)

It's great that devcoin exists... because it's unique and although we can't really say that it works well at the moment, we all have an expectation that some kind of true innovation for devcoin is around the corner.

We'll see.

Until then, I would love to see more integration of musicians, 3d designers etc...

I think the things you brought up are separate projects from Devtome. The hard part is how you reward for things like the art and music. How are they evaluated? How do you determine what one is worth compared to the others? Devtome brings in advertising revenue, which gives a direct valuation to content. The others don't do that.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:22:20 AM

I think the things you brought up are separate projects from Devtome. The hard part is how you reward for things like the art and music. How are they evaluated? How do you determine what one is worth compared to the others? Devtome brings in advertising revenue, which gives a direct valuation to content. The others don't do that.

Don't do that yet. Why shouldn't "they" be able to do that.

Well, how do you determine what a devtome text is worth compared to others? It's not a very brilliant solution there too.  Wordcount is not a measure of quality. We would need some kind of voting system, etc etc.

But that's why I love devcoin so much.

It has opened an infinite amount of possibilites with no real solutions YET.

But this might change. That's the main reason I buy devcoin.

I like what this coin / community wants to be... I don't care that they have not yet achieved their goal.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:52:13 AM

Don't do that yet. Why shouldn't "they" be able to do that.

Well, how do you determine what a devtome text is worth compared to others? It's not a very brilliant solution there too.  Wordcount is not a measure of quality. We would need some kind of voting system, etc etc.

But that's why I love devcoin so much.

It has opened an infinite amount of possibilites with no real solutions YET.

But this might change. That's the main reason I buy devcoin.

I like what this coin / community wants to be... I don't care that they have not yet achieved their goal.

The word count is only around 60% of the value. The rest is generated through ratings and popularity (which equates to advertising revenue). So really, we are already progressing further in terms of determining what it's worth.

I do feel that we need some more stringent rules on the shares, but the problem is that would require a more centralized group of people to handle evaluating text and such. I, for example, believe that a high-quality writer should be paid more than a low-quality one. The question the comes from where quality is derived from. As of right now that's based on popularity and ratings.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:20:30 AM

10 more votes will move us to 20th Wink

Very good melodiem. Soon we reach the goal.

Meanwhile I buy some more DVC. :-)

I bought some, too. Can't wait till DVC get's to the 20th.

Keep voting, we are at 20 now and rising Wink

williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:43:08 AM

Have you guys 'dev'd' anything or is it just a fun name?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:35:39 AM

devcoinauctions.com, devtome.com are the businesses and many other projects including coinzen.org which is our forum... you should join. There are bounties for you to work on.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:38:05 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 08:30:18 AM by Hunterbunter

Most of the dev'd stuff so far has been about building the framework to make future collaboration possible. There are always bounties open for open-source related stuff here: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now and on the official devcoin bounty thread on coinzen (a forum generated through dev bounties): http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,150.0.html

Right now the biggest project has been devtome: http://www.devtome.com a collection of writing works by 180+ writers. People write and get paid in devcoins, based on content reviews, pageviews and so on. This provides a platform for any author to write what they passionate about and get paid a share of devcoins for their effort. Their pay is moderated by popularity (usefulness) and ratings from people on this list: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_rater.

It's a slow process, but that's because it's more like an ion drive than a chemical rocket. Over time it picks up more speed, at the lowest cost possible, building upon the previous foundation at every step. One day, just like bitcoins were for many people when it first arrived, it will gain enough momentum for critical mass. Even though the price drops, people keep writing and increase competition for generation devcoins, because they become invested with the ideal, and their presence and long term interest forms the basis for the true value of devcoins.

Devcoins are unique in what they offer. Not just "another coin" (it predates most alt-coins, being created in 2011), but as a way of recording human-effort in a block-chain. Checkout http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/ and browse the different rounds with an empty username to see what has been created through the devcoin incentive. Most of it is all internal related, but at some point this will become external, and early investors will reap enormous returns.

Devcoin Auctions are the first real community inspired business that actively seeks devcoins, and create inputs to the devcoin price (http://devcoinauctions.com). There are many more to come.

Bitcoiners talk about going to the moon. Devcoiners aim for the stars.

(sorry)
spring.yu

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies is future

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:15:55 AM

Ok yes I can see you are trying to reduce the workload for forum admins and moderators and let the posters of the threads take responsibility of the site through their posts. So yeah again i'll look to see if this can be implemented on SMF as i got a few SMF forum sites running now and that would probably help out the admins on those sites to
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:32:53 AM

Ok yes I can see you are trying to reduce the workload for forum admins and moderators and let the posters of the threads take responsibility of the site through their posts. So yeah again i'll look to see if this can be implemented on SMF as i got a few SMF forum sites running now and that would probably help out the admins on those sites to

Coinzen.org?
jiefangqian

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:00:51 AM

Is there has plan to fork Mastercoin To Devcoin?

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:45:58 PM

can't believe devcoin fell back to these levels. one question to the devs: merged mining with btc is going to stay here forever?
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:27:23 PM

can't believe devcoin fell back to these levels. one question to the devs: merged mining with btc is going to stay here forever?

Forever is a most uncertain thing. Who knows. I mergemine IXC, DVC and NMC, and it's just peanuts but nonetheless welcomed.
It's not up to the devs to decide if merge mining stays... it's up to the pool admins.

But I would like to know who is selling all those DVC?
I assume that all the devtome writers are the last person to sell their 90% Devcoin at these prices.

So it must mainly be big holders of DVC who gave up on the coin and want to get rid of it as fast as possible.

I say this is a good opportunity to buy DVC...

Devcoin is not going away...

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 05:03:43 PM

Devcoin Auctions are the first real community inspired business that actively seeks devcoins, and create inputs to the devcoin price (http://devcoinauctions.com). There are many more to come.

Yes, but shouldn't devcoin auctions be devcoin only ?

That BTC and LTC are also allowed to purchase bids, doesn't really help devcoin, does it?

If it was devcoin only, then everybody would have to go to the exchanges and buy devcoin.

It's not really reassuring to say that all recieved BTC and LTC will be used to purchase devcoins. How do I know? Why trust anybody?

Why not circumvent BTC and LTC totally and go for devcoin only?

Then it would deserve the name devcoinauctions. Now not so much.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:41:15 PM

Forever is a most uncertain thing. Who knows. I mergemine IXC, DVC and NMC, and it's just peanuts but nonetheless welcomed.
It's not up to the devs to decide if merge mining stays... it's up to the pool admins.

But I would like to know who is selling all those DVC?
I assume that all the devtome writers are the last person to sell their 90% Devcoin at these prices.

So it must mainly be big holders of DVC who gave up on the coin and want to get rid of it as fast as possible.

I say this is a good opportunity to buy DVC...

Devcoin is not going away...

There are a lot of people who have been dumping their coins as soon as they get them. Many writers aren't here to help the project grow and get better; they are here solely to cash out ASAP as they go along.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 05:53:02 PM

There are a lot of people who have been dumping their coins as soon as they get them. Many writers aren't here to help the project grow and get better; they are here solely to cash out ASAP as they go along.

But that's really not very wise of them.

Well, atleast they provide some liquidity to the markets by doing so.

notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:23:16 PM

Well, at least they provide some liquidity to the markets by doing so.

And it's a good opportunity to acquire devcoins on the cheap. I've placed some low buy orders and am happy to reap the fruits of their labor.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 08:26:13 PM

Well, at least they provide some liquidity to the markets by doing so.

And it's a good opportunity to acquire devcoins on the cheap. I've placed some low buy orders and am happy to reap the fruits of their labor.

+1

I will start selling DVC when 1 DVC is in the 1000 satoshi range.

Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: