Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71407 times)
Kgonla

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 08:57:12 PM

Got cash for someone willing to help out setting up 4 moonlander 2's and 12 gridseed on raspberry pi with eye boot 49 port hub.
I can get one moonlander in bfg 5.4.2 and 12 gridseed orbs in 5.5.0. But I want all devices in 5.5.0 if possible. When I start the
moonlanders in 5.4.2 all 4 run/hash, Then 3 shut down. Just stop hashing. Been reading for 4 days till 12pm. lol
Hair thinning.

Thanks in advance. Grin
https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/tree/futurebit2_driver appears to have bfgminer 5.5.0 with moonlander 2 support based on NEWS file content. It just hasn't been released so there aren't any pre-compiled binaries available.

But last entry from Stefano for bfgminer moonlander is one year old, if it have not been compiled yet I don't think it would be Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whiteogre

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:55:02 PM

Got cash for someone willing to help out setting up 4 moonlander 2's and 12 gridseed on raspberry pi with eye boot 49 port hub.
I can get one moonlander in bfg 5.4.2 and 12 gridseed orbs in 5.5.0. But I want all devices in 5.5.0 if possible. When I start the
moonlanders in 5.4.2 all 4 run/hash, Then 3 shut down. Just stop hashing. Been reading for 4 days till 12pm. lol
Hair thinning.

Thanks in advance. Grin
https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/tree/futurebit2_driver appears to have bfgminer 5.5.0 with moonlander 2 support based on NEWS file content. It just hasn't been released so there aren't any pre-compiled binaries available.

But last entry from Stefano for bfgminer moonlander is one year old, if it have not been compiled yet I don't think it would be Sad

Well, that's easy to test if it can be compiled:

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install git build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev
$ git clone https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer -b futurebit2_driver bfgminer_futurebit2
$ cd bfgminer_futurebit2
$ ./autogen.sh
(some complaining about version file)
$ ./configure --disable-other-drivers --disable-sha256d --enable-scrypt --enable-futurebit
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bfgminer 5.5.0 configuration options summary
------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFLAGS...............: -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -I/usr/include/ncursesw -pthread -g -O2 -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0 -pthread -I/root/bfgminer_futurebit2/libbase58 -I/root/bfgminer_futurebit2/libblkmaker
  LDFLAGS..............: -pthread -lpthread -lcurl -ljansson -lncursesw -ltinfo -lm -ludev -lusb-1.0 -L/root/bfgminer_futurebit2/libbase58/.libs -Wl,-rpath,\$$ORIGIN/libbase58/.libs,-zorigin -lbase58 -L/root/bfgminer_futurebit2/libblkmaker/.libs -Wl,-rpath,\$$ORIGIN/libblkmaker/.libs,-zorigin -lblkmaker_jansson-0.1 -lblkmaker-0.1
  Installation.prefix..: /usr/local

Enabled..Lowlevel....: usb vcom
  Disabled.Lowlevel....: ftdi hid mswin pci spi
  Enabled..Drivers.....: futurebit
  Disabled.Drivers.....: alchemist antminer avalon avalonmm bfsb bfx bifury bigpic bitforce bitfury bitmain cairnsmore cointerra compac cpu drillbit dualminer erupter gridseed hashbuster hashbusterusb hashfast icarus jingtian klondike knc kncasic littlefury metabank minergate minion modminer nanofury opencl proxy rockminer titan twinfury x6500 zeusminer ztex
  Enabled..Algorithms..: scrypt
  Disabled.Algorithms..: Keccak SHA256d
  Enabled..Options.....: ncursesw5
  Disabled.Options.....:
$ make -j4
$ ./bfgminer --version
bfgminer 5.2.0-243-gbbc9596a
  Lowlevel: usb vcom
  Drivers: futurebit
  Algorithms: scrypt
  Options: ncursesw5

So the final version in the bfgminer output doesn't match the version show after ./configure (which appears to be the correct one) due to some issue on how autogen.sh tries to guess the version script from a git cloned workspace. Otherwise, that result in a working bfgminer binary which is more recent than the latest released Moonlander 2 version and also contains the last changes made to that branch.
juggalonoke

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 04:53:59 AM

Hello I am new to mining and this is my very first attempt at it with the moonlander. It seems like a great product but im having issues keeping mine running as you can see below this is what it looks like for at MOST 3 minutes.
http://s138.photobucket.com/user/obliviousmuse/media/moonlander%20screenshot%202_zpszwancmvz.png.html

but then very soon after i end up with this screen...
https://s138.photobucket.com/user/obliviousmuse/media/moonlander%20screenshot_zpsnwvahi0y.png.html

mind you i am a COMPLETE NOOB and have no idea what im looking at really i was given this miner as a gift and am enjoying it other then not being able to keep it running. when it is hashing correctly i can see the work registering into my pool account. The Moonlander is fresh out of the box no changes it it at all. any help at all would be amazing please.

can someone please help me with this issue i still dont know what is making it happen and ive tried everything i can think of.
ejonathonw

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 11:01:52 AM

What does your command line look like?
juggalonoke

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 04:43:58 PM

still newer to all this what do you need to see?
ejonathonw

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:24:45 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2019, 05:36:05 PM by ejonathonw

Did you create a .bat file or edit the config file?
Also what kind of power supply are you using?
juggalonoke

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:39:44 PM

edited the Start_Moonlander2.bat file with

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://emc2.suprnova.cc:3366 -u juggalonoke.juggalonoke -p 1,d=1  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
pause

no matter what coin in the scrypt algo i mine my miner just stops and shows what my screen shots show
ejonathonw

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:43:47 PM

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://emc2.suprnova.cc:3366 -u juggalonoke.juggalonoke -p 1,d=1  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
pause

no matter what coin in the scrypt algo i mine my miner just stops and shows what my screen shots show
Have you tried setting the diff to something higher?
juggalonoke

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:10:12 PM

pause

yes i have. even with default values set up and mining to the recomended litecoinpool.org my lander will only mine for a most a few minutes before the second screen shot is what i see and i have to full close BFGminer and unplug the moonlander and restart BFGminer
ejonathonw

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:13:03 PM

pause

yes i have. even with default values set up and mining to the recomended litecoinpool.org my lander will only mine for a most a few minutes before the second screen shot is what i see and i have to full close BFGminer and unplug the moonlander and restart BFGminer
What kind of power supply are you working with?
juggalonoke

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:28:40 PM

pause

usb 3.0 thats built into my windows based tower
ejonathonw

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:37:44 PM

pause

Have you checked to be sure that the device manager isn't shutting the usb off?
juggalonoke

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:48:46 PM

pause

how?
ejonathonw

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:57:06 PM

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://emc2.suprnova.cc:3366 -u juggalonoke.juggalonoke -p 1,d=1  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
pause

how?
Open your device manager, right click on the com your usb is on, properties.  Check under the power managment tab.  There is an option in there
juggalonoke

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 08:39:43 PM

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://emc2.suprnova.cc:3366 -u juggalonoke.juggalonoke -p 1,d=1  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
pause

how?
Open your device manager, right click on the com your usb is on, properties.  Check under the power managment tab.  There is an option in there
this did not work its still doing the same thing.
ejonathonw

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 08:46:27 PM

pause

how?
Darn, any chance you have a usb Volt meter, so you can verify your port is putting out enough?  Or try running the Moonlander on like the 350mhz, or whatever the lowest mhz setting is.
juggalonoke

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:15:47 PM

pause

how?
Darn, any chance you have a usb Volt meter, so you can verify your port is putting out enough?  Or try running the Moonlander on like the 350mhz, or whatever the lowest mhz setting is.
no i dont have one at all.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:39:08 PM

Yea thats definitely an issue of not enough power on the port. Like others have said run it on the lowest frequency and see if it runs stable.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
juggalonoke

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 11:39:09 PM

Yea thats definitely an issue of not enough power on the port. Like others have said run it on the lowest frequency and see if it runs stable.
is there anything else it could be because im starting to think its not the moonlander but my PC and not the USB either because i have a CPU miner that i use for Magi and it is stopping on its own as well it looks like.
ejonathonw

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 12:40:18 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2019, 12:56:05 AM by ejonathonw

is there anything else it could be because im starting to think its not the moonlander but my PC and not the USB either because i have a CPU miner that i use for Magi and it is stopping on its own as well it looks like.
change this setting (--set MLD:clock=600)
to
(--set MLD:clock=384)
and see what happens.
by the by,

anyone got an idea what the AS:-4 is all about? never noticed it be - before
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: