Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:57:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827241 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 04:54:36 PM

So history is something that might need some attention, and offcourse the Api ip whitelist while you're add it ;-)))

Seems to be working here but I'll definitely look into it.

PS: on github there's also an "MultiMiner-1.1.18.app" version. What is this .app thingy?

It's for running the MultiMiner on OS X.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:08:42 PM

As a heads up, I got this from Coinchoose:

Nevermind - I see it is down.  Looks like the block explorer I am using (http://explorer.litecoin.net/) is down which means I will work on bringing up a daemon for this one as well.  It will be about 8 hours (depending how long it takes to download the full blockchain).

So, it will be a while before they fix it. Going to update my rigs and go manual I guess.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
atomicchaos

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:22:03 PM

As I was on my 18th rig out of 23 updating to version 18, Litecoin just popped back into Coinchoose and it's working again...

Just a heads up.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:37:12 PM

As I was on my 18th rig out of 23 updating to version 18, Litecoin just popped back into Coinchoose and it's working again...

Just a heads up.

Please let me know what I can do to help you manage this many rigs.

Regarding the Litecoin issue, there are changes in 1.1.18 and .19 (in the works) to handle downtime for CoinChoose and CoinChoose coins better. How would you like to see something like this handled, optimally?

My thoughts are, when MultiMiner goes to switch strategies, if it queries CoinChoose.com and any coins you have configured are missing, it will not switch strategies. This would be an option that the user would enable. This seems like a simple and straight forward fix.

The only issue is, what if a user puts in a coin that never returns to CoinChoose.com? The strategies would never kick in and without any decent feedback to the user about why.

I'll give it some more thought but I'm definitely open to suggestions. And I'm also open to suggestions for making it easier for you to manage that many rigs.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
atomicchaos

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:49:23 PM

Please let me know what I can do to help you manage this many rigs.

You've already helped, and I really appreciate all the hard work you've put in! At some point when you are caught up with all the features you've recently added, an update function both for your app, and separately, CGminer would obviously be a great add.

Regarding the Litecoin issue, there are changes in 1.1.18 and .19 (in the works) to handle downtime for CoinChoose and CoinChoose coins better. How would you like to see something like this handled, optimally?

I wonder how often it would happen that Coinchoose loses a feed, but I agree, that if a coin is missing, it would make sense to add an option (checkbox in coin settings?) to either allow it to ignore when coins disappear, and mine the last most profitable coin until it updates again, or if you choose, drop any coin from the strategy that is missing, and mine the highest still on the list. Maybe it would be easier to program a preferred coin to default to if data from coinchoose is not 100% valid? For me, this would be Litecoin.

I suppose a notification of the issue might be a neat feature to build into the app too if/when this happens so the operator knows action may be required.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:53:33 PM

Maybe it would be easier to program a preferred coin to default to if data from coinchoose is not 100% valid? For me, this would be Litecoin.

Great idea. I'll include that as well as the notification.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 08:24:56 PM

I like to suggest to make it as flexible as possible.
Maybe a switch option: Set Auto OFF and use "default" coin /OR/ keep Auto ON with best coin info still available.
Depending on the coins you activate you sometimes just want to have a fallback, but i can imagine some people want to keep Auto on and go on with the highest available.
And at the coins config screen a switch to signal what your default coin is.

When users opts to switch Auto off when coin info mailfunctions, then switch auto back on again when all is okay again (but only when it was set at start offcourse).
OR switch back on manual, but then some sort of notification is also needed here.

That's basically what I have planned. The options for CoinChoose "issues" would be: keep on going with the info you have OR stop strategies until the issue is fixed OR fall back on backup coins the user specifies. With some sort of notification that this stuff is going on.

skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:10:33 PM

EDIT:  I just checked and its switching coins just fine but for some reason the mobile app won't read it correctly and still says its offline which I know its not.

Can you PM me your MobileMiner info?

PM sent.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:23:37 PM

Allright here is the result of the command you gave me:

The command i use when i start the miners is  "-S erupter:all " as said by the maker of bfgminer is a much better working command and this far he was right
I am not sure if that solves the issue for not allways find all devices proper, i think using both command might have given weird results
However each time i use the batch command to start the miner it did find all devices as it should
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:26:17 PM

Allright here is the result of the command you gave me:

Thanks for confirming. So bfgminer is not detecting all of your devices when using the -S all parameter. Can you please do another one, either screenshot or copy + paste, of the command you type and full output to see all devices returned? e.g. bfgminer -S erupter:all -d?

atomicchaos

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:53:49 PM

Just curious if it would be possible to add a selection under the coin/pool menu to be notified when a block is found? I understand that most people pool mine and this would benefit very very, but I do solo mine coins and its nice to be notified if a block is found. It could be setup to be an option to turn on or off.

Very low priority, just a thought..

I also had an odd issue on my .18 version machines this morning, all of them crashed when I clicked anything, but it was working fine up to that point. I did not get any error info as when I clicked on details it came up "CGminer is not responding" and closed.

I restarted and things are fine, just wanted to give a heads up since it impacted all the .18 machines I had, not sure if it was a memory leak or not.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:03:54 PM

Just curious if it would be possible to add a selection under the coin/pool menu to be notified when a block is found? I understand that most people pool mine and this would benefit very very, but I do solo mine coins and its nice to be notified if a block is found. It could be setup to be an option to turn on or off.

I'll check it out. Can you let me know more details about how you have things setup to solo mine? I've never solo mined before and wasn't sure if it was possible with cgminer + MultiMiner. I noticed a thread the other day where a fellow was talking about creating his own setup that sounded very much like MultiMiner, but he wants to solo mine. I wasn't sure if MultiMiner would fit the bill.

This is the thread in question.

Beyond that if you are able to give me some basic steps that will help me reproduce your setup and get the feature in there for you.

I also had an odd issue on my .18 version machines this morning, all of them crashed when I clicked anything, but it was working fine up to that point. I did not get any error info as when I clicked on details it came up "CGminer is not responding" and closed.

I restarted and things are fine, just wanted to give a heads up since it impacted all the .18 machines I had, not sure if it was a memory leak or not.

That's not good. Please let me know any details you can if this happens again. Can you try checking the Event Viewer in Windows? That may have additional error information that could prove useful.

There is a bug in .18 that is fixed in .19 but it should only happen when a coin is missing from CoinChoose.com and you click to Stop mining.

atomicchaos

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:26:38 PM

\I'll check it out. Can you let me know more details about how you have things setup to solo mine? I've never solo mined before and wasn't sure if it was possible with cgminer + MultiMiner. I noticed a thread the other day where a fellow was talking about creating his own setup that sounded very much like MultiMiner, but he wants to solo mine. I wasn't sure if MultiMiner would fit the bill.

When you solo mine, your accepted blocks only change when you find a block. So it would just send a message out when ever the accepted field changes. Obviously, this would be pointless for pool mining.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:31:19 PM

When you solo mine, your accepted blocks only change when you find a block. So it would just send a message out when ever the accepted field changes. Obviously, this would be pointless for pool mining.

What does the setup in MultiMiner look like? What do you enter for pool info?

atomicchaos

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:11:43 PM

What does the setup in MultiMiner look like? What do you enter for pool info?

My thought process was that it would be a check box for notification for accepted blocks under the coin menu for each pool screen (under adjust profitability %?). If it's unchecked it will act as if it does not, which would be the default behavior. If it's checked, it would sent a notification each time a block is found (when accepted increments by 1).

Again, if it's a big change, don't bother, as it would only help a very small percentage of the miner population, although I'm sure many solo mine the smaller Alts..

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 07:37:37 PM

My thought process was that it would be a check box for notification for accepted blocks under the coin menu for each pool screen (under adjust profitability %?). If it's unchecked it will act as if it does not, which would be the default behavior. If it's checked, it would sent a notification each time a block is found (when accepted increments by 1).

I think you are misunderstanding my question, or I'm misunderstanding your responses. I am totally down for what you are requesting and where you are saying to put the setting and how to do it. A-okay there.

What I am asking is how do I solo mine, today, with MultiMiner. I've only done pooled mining with any of the tools (cgminer, bfgminer, etc, etc) so I am uncertain of the setup process to get started solo mining. I'm not necessarily interested in doing it myself beyond testing, but want to be able to let users know if MultiMiner works with solo mining and how.

Thanks and sorry if I am/was not explaining myself well  Cheesy

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 08:45:07 PM

Can you please set "--api-allow W:127.0.0.1" at the beginning of the commandline so we can overrule this at the end as optional command?
Or maybe a solution would be to don't set at all if allready in config or Multiminer extra command?

Getting ready to implement something for you here and I have a question first: how are you planning on connecting to the miners? MultiMiner can spin up anywhere from 1 to N number of copies of cgminer (or bfgminer), depending on your devices and what coins you is mining and your strategy settings. MultiMiner automatically starts with port 4028, and then increments that number and uses 4029 for the next, etc.

So I guess my question is, are you going to be able to work with that if I add support for white-listing more IPs? I just want to make sure before I start actually making changes.

atomicchaos

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:48:34 PM

I think you are misunderstanding my question, or I'm misunderstanding your responses. I am totally down for what you are requesting and where you are saying to put the setting and how to do it. A-okay there.

What I am asking is how do I solo mine, today, with MultiMiner. I've only done pooled mining with any of the tools (cgminer, bfgminer, etc, etc) so I am uncertain of the setup process to get started solo mining. I'm not necessarily interested in doing it myself beyond testing, but want to be able to let users know if MultiMiner works with solo mining and how.

Thanks and sorry if I am/was not explaining myself well  Cheesy

Ah, I did misunderstand. To solo mine, you point to your local IP address hosting your wallet, if on the same machine, you'd point to 127.0.0.1 and the port you configured in the coin.conf file. If you have 24 rigs (yes I just added more), you point to the IP address of your wallet host, assuming you allowed your local subnet, or a specific range of IPs.

I already use multiminer for solo mining, and have it setup under the pool section.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 08:51:21 PM

Ah, I did misunderstand. To solo mine, you point to your local IP address hosting your wallet, if on the same machine, you'd point to 127.0.0.1 and the port you configured in the coin.conf file. If you have 24 rigs (yes I just added more), you point to the IP address of your wallet host, assuming you allowed your local subnet, or a specific range of IPs.

I already use multiminer for solo mining, and have it setup under the pool section.

Awesome thanks for that. What about the username and password? Does that also match the values used in your conf file?

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 08:56:38 PM

I'll be out of town (getting real sun!) for the weekend so I wanted to put out a quick official release since .18 is a pre-release. This also includes another crash fix for coins missing from CoinChoose.com.

There aren't many changes if you are already on v1.1.18, but you may want to install .19 if you want that one extra crash fix. It's a rare crash, and would require a set of conditions in addition to mining a coin missing from CoinChoose.com, but again I just wanted to get this out before I disappear for a few days.

MultiMiner v1.1.19

• Fixed an additional crash when a coin goes missing from CoinChoose.com while mining
  • Don't show the coin column as a drop-down when strategies are enabled

Changes from the v1.1.18 pre-release if you skipped that one:

• Add descriptive tooltips to toolbar buttons and column headers
  • Fixed a crash if the app switches coin strategies while the user is entering a new coin
  • Fixed an error starting mining: index was out of range
  • Fixed an error mining a coin that is currently missing from CoinChoose.com

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: