Bitcoin Forum
July 24, 2024, 07:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031115 times)
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:33:09 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 01:53:37 AM by Coinmama2014

Those with nothing but negative remarks and scorn for the work others have done should be strongly discouraged. If someone does anything at all of their own accord for qrk it should be a positive thing. Ask yourself what you yourself have done for qrk before commenting on those that have tried and continue to try things.

Amen! Grin

I mean are there really only a handful of people reading this thread? There is thousands of wallets holding qrk?  where are these people and how to reach them and get them involved?

One thing I will say of my own experience in getting the mobile wallet project accomplished... In trying to get attention for the project, I wrote to every single member of the Quark Foundation Forum to ask them to comment on the thread- what a pest I became, lol. But sometimes this is the sort of thing required to get something done, especially when peoples attention may be elsewhere- The wallet is finally just about done, but the point here is that if you really want to get attention or answers to your ideas, you might need to write to people on an individual basis:)

A new companion coin (side chain of qrk) that has a development pot held by escrow and can only be released by votes of those holding the coin could be another option. If the purists don't want features like anon pos etc etc.... then fine. Let's have a companion coin as suggested by a few others before. Create it with 360M - have 60M held by escrows to funds years of development. QRK investors will have to come to the board and claim them.... this will bring qrk investors to the board and get them involved.

On your idea of the Qrk superblock, unfortunately this is strikingly similar to the monetary policy of the Federal Reserve (a.k.a, "QE" or "Quantitative Easing", and many other labels for the same thing)-- Creating new money for the purpose of keeping the system from collapsing(although they don't say it quite like this, they say it is for building infrastructure and supporting the banks to lend more (ala "tarp")),  dilutes the money supply by creating more $$ (or Quark in the case of a "Super Block" ), and only gives the appearance of fixing things in the short term- Long term its not enough, and the $ (or qrk) is worth less because you just changed Quarks inflation model--Of course I understand that the Superblock idea isnt entirely the same as what the fed does, i.e., creating money into debt, but nonetheless it changes things long term for Quark and not all beneficial..

However the idea of a "companion coin" in some form is interesting, seems this warrants more exploring and discussion.

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
BitQuark

Activity: 716
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:56:55 AM

On your idea of the Qrk superblock, unfortunately this is strikingly similar to the monetary policy of the Federal Reserve (a.k.a, "QE" or "Quantitative Easing", and many other labels for the same thing)-- Creating new money for the purpose of keeping the system from collapsing(although they don't say it quite like this, they say it is for building infrastructure and supporting the banks to lend more (ala "tarp")),  dilutes the money supply by creating more $$ (or Quark in the case of a "Super Block" ), and only gives the appearance of fixing things in the short term- Long term its not enough, as the $ (or qrk) is worth less because you just changed Quarks inflation model--Of course I understand that the Superblock idea isnt entirely the same as what the fed does, i.e., creating money into debt, but nonetheless it changes things long term for Quark and not all beneficial..

However the idea of a "companion coin" in some form is interesting, seems this warrants more exploring and discussion.

Thank you Coinmama2014, that is what I am referring too. QE is not the way to go, it will do more harm than good. Just look at the current "QE-infinity", where the US Gov was pumping $85 Billion a month into back loans and they just reduced it down to $75 Billion a month. Yes the stock market is at an all time high, but what do you think will happen once they reduce QE down to $0...the market will have to make a correction and we are talking about a loss of at least 50%...maybe even more! I know cryptos are a little different, but the concept and end result will be very similar.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:22:40 PM

On your idea of the Qrk superblock, unfortunately this is strikingly similar to the monetary policy of the Federal Reserve (a.k.a, "QE" or "Quantitative Easing", and many other labels for the same thing)-- Creating new money for the purpose of keeping the system from collapsing(although they don't say it quite like this, they say it is for building infrastructure and supporting the banks to lend more (ala "tarp")),  dilutes the money supply by creating more $$ (or Quark in the case of a "Super Block" ), and only gives the appearance of fixing things in the short term- Long term its not enough, as the $ (or qrk) is worth less because you just changed Quarks inflation model--Of course I understand that the Superblock idea isnt entirely the same as what the fed does, i.e., creating money into debt, but nonetheless it changes things long term for Quark and not all beneficial..

Thank you Coinmama2014, that is what I am referring too. QE is not the way to go, it will do more harm than good. Just look at the current "QE-infinity", where the US Gov was pumping $85 Billion a month into back loans and they just reduced it down to $75 Billion a month. Yes the stock market is at an all time high, but what do you think will happen once they reduce QE down to $0...the market will have to make a correction and we are talking about a loss of at least 50%...maybe even more! I know cryptos are a little different, but the concept and end result will be very similar.

QE is to mostly service debt? We have no debt. Yes it can seem similar but actually it is not the same thing at all.

It is better to think of the superblock as a time machine. The devs instead of premining or instamining a development fund are doing it now. It's actually even fairer because the riches qrk holders will contribute more by dilution of their share but will be rewarded accordingly. This is not like QE really i don't think.

We need to dig much deeper and show the negatives and positives the super block would have. I am sure i can come up with a lot more positive points that people can find negative points. Also we need an alternative if we don't go with that.

Yes i do prefer the companion coin idea more. It would bring back those outside of the community holding qrk if they want to claim their companion coins and get them involved.

However as you see, even discussing such radical changes..... thousands of people holding qrk and yet a handful of people even view the thread. They are sitting there waiting for their qrks to magically become worth 100x more.

Companion coin where you need to be active within the community over time as well as owning quark  is the answer. ROI projects should follow directly whilst we have people active.

You're not going to get devs and project managers working their asses of to make a bunch of investors who do nothing rich. Just won't work like that. If the investors want to get rich they need to become involved or put their qrks to ROI projects.

BitQuark

Activity: 716
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:58:02 PM

I think the companion coin idea would be the best way to go.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:35:57 AM

This post is from quarkfx, what do you guys think? Quark can use some technological updates, i would donate couple k quarks for this if it makes quark better.

People on the bitcoin IRC treat this as some really valuable developments, maybe we can implement some of its ideas?

https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:39:15 AM

This post is from quarkfx, what do you guys think? Quark can use some technological updates, i would donate couple k quarks for this if it makes quark better.

People on the bitcoin IRC treat this as some really valuable developments, maybe we can implement some of its ideas?

That could come in for the companion coin for sure.

righteousfire

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:49:02 AM

QE is to mostly service debt? We have no debt. Yes it can seem similar but actually it is not the same thing at all.

It is better to think of the superblock as a time machine. The devs instead of premining or instamining a development fund are doing it now. It's actually even fairer because the riches qrk holders will contribute more by dilution of their share but will be rewarded accordingly. This is not like QE really i don't think.

We need to dig much deeper and show the negatives and positives the super block would have. I am sure i can come up with a lot more positive points that people can find negative points. Also we need an alternative if we don't go with that.

Yes i do prefer the companion coin idea more. It would bring back those outside of the community holding qrk if they want to claim their companion coins and get them involved.

However as you see, even discussing such radical changes..... thousands of people holding qrk and yet a handful of people even view the thread. They are sitting there waiting for their qrks to magically become worth 100x more.

Companion coin where you need to be active within the community over time as well as owning quark  is the answer. ROI projects should follow directly whilst we have people active.

You're not going to get devs and project managers working their asses of to make a bunch of investors who do nothing rich. Just won't work like that. If the investors want to get rich they need to become involved or put their qrks to ROI projects.

Hi, I am a large holder of Quark since late November early December and this is my first post and first time on bitcointalk. You are right about what you have said with outside investors. I am middles age father of three children under 5 and run my own electrical contracting business in New Zealand. Time is valuable to me as I am very busy. It took me a pretty good long time to work out how to find this and learn how to post also. I was brought into quark through Kolin Evans/ Bill Still and have been a student of Bill Still for many years. I never dreamed the investment I made would have a 2500% decline/collapse in value and I have not sold even one quark ever as I was long term investing. Lots of people like myself have had a massive loss. Now when asked to spend even more to aid development its a huge ask as the loss has hurt us as a family and we are still repairing from this loss. I did invest more than I could afford to lose sadly.

I believe we need to come up with a remedy and what you have proposed makes good business sense. How can you run on an empty tank and why should anyone be expected to work for free. This is not reasonable nor logical nor rational. Quarks problem is the lack of incentive for developers to take it on board and innovate as its bankrupt and its trying to raise funds from people who have experienced a 2500% loss.

I believe your superblock idea is excellent and I this would remedy the problem with the lack of development funds. Innovation, innovation, innovation is what we need and that needs paid full time development team.

If we dont come up with something and fast Quark is doomed to be left behind the amazing innovation of these other coins. I for one can find no reason why any investor would   choose quark over the other coins once research has been done and found there is no development ability other than voluntary. that is just bad business plan.
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:25:14 PM

I don't like the superblock idea - how can you raise money and devalue the coin at the same time. I think the best way to help this coin is to give holders like myself more reasons to use it. If I can spend my quarks on something, and then buy back what I've spent, then I'm buying up cheap quark and spreading what I have around. Can I buy an amazon voucher with Quark for example? There is something like that for NXT.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:53:47 PM

A companion coin or partner coin that is similar to Quark, but with added anonymity features sounds intriguing ...Cryptohunter, can you lay out your idea of what this might look like so we can take a look at it again and maybe everyone can discuss it?

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:33:07 AM

Hi, I am a large holder of Quark since late November early December and this is my first post and first time on bitcointalk. You are right about what you have said with outside investors. I am middles age father of three children under 5 and run my own electrical contracting business in New Zealand. Time is valuable to me as I am very busy. It took me a pretty good long time to work out how to find this and learn how to post also. I was brought into quark through Kolin Evans/ Bill Still and have been a student of Bill Still for many years. I never dreamed the investment I made would have a 2500% decline/collapse in value and I have not sold even one quark ever as I was long term investing. Lots of people like myself have had a massive loss. Now when asked to spend even more to aid development its a huge ask as the loss has hurt us as a family and we are still repairing from this loss. I did invest more than I could afford to lose sadly.

I believe we need to come up with a remedy and what you have proposed makes good business sense. How can you run on an empty tank and why should anyone be expected to work for free. This is not reasonable nor logical nor rational. Quarks problem is the lack of incentive for developers to take it on board and innovate as its bankrupt and its trying to raise funds from people who have experienced a 2500% loss.

I believe your superblock idea is excellent and I this would remedy the problem with the lack of development funds. Innovation, innovation, innovation is what we need and that needs paid full time development team.

If we dont come up with something and fast Quark is doomed to be left behind the amazing innovation of these other coins. I for one can find no reason why any investor would   choose quark over the other coins once research has been done and found there is no development ability other than voluntary. that is just bad business plan.

Thanks for your reply, and i am sorry to hear that you lost money on qrk.  However i think qrk has a lot of good things going for it still. Investors will hold qrk, these are not your typical pump and dumpers that jump from coin to coin. The price of qrk can double with just a few BTC buys. First the superblock or companion coin should be forged so we get some development and project funds and get a lot more people back involved with the community. However the real future is ROI projects. Bill Still brought in real investors, if we give them some REAL investments ie services and businesses that return good margins on the qrk they invest into the project then they will invest.

Need a development pot, need more involvement from the qrk community, need ROI projects with good returns for investors.  I.E. a p2p qrk centric exchange.... either funded with QRK or BTC... fee's go to investors.. That's just one idea, paid gaming site with prizes, qrk to amazon vouchers with small fee.... i mean there must be limitless ideas or ROI services that can be set up.

I think we need to elect some leadership that the qrk community can get behind. Or a team at least. Vic and the other few can't be expected to turn qrk around with no development fund and no help from 99.999% of the community.  I mean getting QRK on shaq fu is fecking amazing work from these guys. It's great how big and outside of the box these guys think. Imagine if they had some funding and some support.

Max is the dev, but clearly is not hands on. He is not a project manager or community manager. These positions are critical to a coin to unite the community.

pt7

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:14:14 AM

Note to self: Do not buy a currency or asset again based on a pitch from someone on radio, TV, or YouTube.  Lesson learned and yours truly is to blame if persistent in disproving the definition of insanity.
pt7

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:17:25 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 05:05:34 AM by pt7

Super blocks sounds like a good idea with the exception that it devalues the currency.  However, what if a Quark address was setup where contributions can be made with existing Quark for these super blocks?  A trusted member can then send tiny transactions with random large transaction fees from the fund. This can generate some excitement. I would expect the whales to do most of the contribution to the fund since they have the most to lose or gain.

I have not been following this thread for a while since I have sort of given up on this coin.  So please disregard if this already has been suggested.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:43:22 AM

In what way would making another coin benefit quark though? Why not add these features to quark its self?
PocketCrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 02:38:42 AM

Hello Quark Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your Quark investment.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

We currently support all coins on Mintpal and Cryptsy. Polo and Bittrex will be added in approximately a week.

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660696.0

Blockfolio  ~Bitcoin/Altcoin Portfolio App~ Charts & Price Alerts BCT thread
Download Now: Blockfolio App Twitter: @BlockfolioApp
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:57:47 AM

Thanks for joining this conversation. I am pleased to hear that you are open minded about discussion being opened here to the wider qrk community. Also a big thanks for all the work you have done for qrk and are still doing. Smiley

I still believe the super block is a great idea and would address a lot of the issues qrk has now. However, yes perhaps i'm wrong....let's build up a kind of list of pros and cons and weigh it in the balance.
LTC is a special case and if released today would not stand out at all. Doge again i see as a special case. It was the first big coin to the 3rd big wave of miners that came in for the dec super pump. It has been likened to the FTC of the 2nd wave. Also DOGE has very wealthy holders that are very involved with crypto and donate huge chunks to their projects. Right now doge and ltc have wide adoption and fame. QRK is very different in some very big ways i have mentioned, although is quite famous i think Smiley. QRK was made super popular by DI and bill. They reached out side of the crypto landscape and tapped into investors that have no association with crypto. This was great, but investors are not used to having to become so involved to make their investment work out:)

QRK is a special case. No other coin has most of it's investors sitting outside of the crypto community. If the super block does not happen. We then HAVE to push for ROI projects with Bill involved. The QRK core team is as good if not better than most other coins. The problem is they don't have the funds nor community support behind them. As a core brain storming some or even just one great project that will return nicely to investors is now vital. Once this is successful and people see these opportunities are ...... well ...great opportunities, then it will spiral.

The mining and security of the chain is but one issue. Even if that was solved i still see a great need for building a larger and more dedicated community around qrk at the core to push it up to the top 5 coins. Coins that i view are competing with qrk have

1. larger active communities
2. more whales and crypto wealthy involved and in tune with the crypto scene
3. more features and gadget that create hype sucking in more members to their communities bringing more BTC, ideas and energy.
4. full time devs funded by their premine or instamine.

the super block if handled correctly would really just start QRK as i now see it should have been started. With a large development pot that can not be dumped out at any time, but rather it release is dependent upon continued success and support.

I mean are there really only a handful of people reading this thread? There is thousands of wallets holding qrk?  where are these people and how to reach them and get them involved?

A new companion coin (side chain of qrk) that has a development pot held by escrow and can only be released by votes of those holding the coin could be another option. If the purists don't want features like anon pos etc etc.... then fine. Let's have a companion coin as suggested by a few others before. Create it with 360M - have 60M held by escrows to funds years of development. QRK investors will have to come to the board and claim them.... this will bring qrk investors to the board and get them involved.

Let's do something anyway, even discussion is great. Even debate and argument is better than the thread and community looking like it is dead even if it is not and the core is active.

PR is everything in crypto.

Those with nothing but negative remarks and scorn for the work others have done should be strongly discouraged. If someone does anything at all of their own accord for qrk it should be a positive thing. Ask yourself what you yourself have done for qrk before commenting on those that have tried and continue to try things.

I agree with most of your points - and I think the investors from outside the crypto community cause difficulty for exactly the reason you state - they simply don't participate because they are not used to having to engage with their investments.

I agree that a development fund would be great. I also completely agree that many other coins have developers that are funded by their instamines. This has produced a substantial disparity in the financial resources available to Quark vs other coins.

I agree that a partner coin could potentially work. I also agree that it could have different features and a different market segment target.

I agree and we are working on the solution - just a word on real fundamental crypto, it doesn't need constant scams an gimmicks its either a good buy and investment or it isn't.

as we asses perceived problems, we are going to try to find perceived solutions, one is that our lead Dev did not have a huge buy in, so I want to look at that and also try to wrap a few solutions up at the same time.

hopefully we will be able to give an update on progression soon, things look good, Quark is amazingly stable and following a lot of traditional economic models whereas other Crypto deviate.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:58:46 AM

Hello Quark Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your Quark investment.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

We currently support all coins on Mintpal and Cryptsy. Polo and Bittrex will be added in approximately a week.

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660696.0

looks interesting will check it out.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:09:47 AM

I agree with Georgem. QRK was based on a fast distribution idea of 6 months and that's what people signed on for. If it fails, then it fails...If it succeeds then it succeeds. QRK was a test and IMHO I wouldn't change anything. If people aren't satisfied with the current situation then they should move on to something else...point is buyers of QRK knew what they were getting into and if they didn't, then they didn't do their research. I lost lots of money with QRK but that's all water under the bridge now and I've moved on.

If it fails it fails? ?I am 100% sure no other real qrk investors take that attitude. We need serious discussion based on real pros and cons. I have yet to hear any real negative for the super block or any real alternative. If it fails it fails is not an alternative for people holding qrk.  

People come into failing companies every day and turn them around. You don't say to investors you knew we ran our business like this, it's an outdated model that looked good once, so we will stick with it and if it dies it dies? we don't want to change anything. We're dying but you signed up for it like this so we won't change it?? can't see that kind of announcement bringing new interest and investment to qrk.

Please let's be sensible.

1. the goal is for qrk NOT to fail. This is obviously the first thing we all naturally agree on. If you are not bothered if qrk fails then there is no need for you to be here, get back to bitquark.

Let's work through this logically as possible.

1. we want developments, and services
2. you need developers and project managers, coders, marketing
3. developers/project managers need incentive - either big investments and holdings of QRk - now or as payment after they created or payment in some other form.
4. Most of the qrk whales are not devlopers/project managers for qrk. They simply bought QRK waiting magically for it to go 100x in value ... a lot have forgotten they own a few hundred bucks of it.

So this is where we are. We want things done with no money to pay for it right? Those holding the qrk will not develop, market, create projects.... nor will they give their qrk away. There are no new blood miners coming in either.

What are the options,

1. we ask the qrk whales to donate  = not going to happen
2. we all donate a small amount of qrk and build a development pot= not going to happen because everyone looks at everyone else to do it and does not want to be the only fools giving money away when they will get no more benefit from it than those that don't donate.

3. we all agree that we give 10% of holdings and every single person has a guarantee that any rewards gained will be proportional to what he gave. This is what the super block would do.

A companion coin is probably the key here. It should be created with 330M coins, you can claim them 1 for 1 with qrk. However not only must you have the qrk in your wallet you must be active here and the coins are released to you gradually over time for staying active. This would bring the qrk whales into this board and get them active. This is when we need to have ROI projects ready for their eyes to read about.

If we don't change anything, this is long long road with no fuel in the car. We are up against coins that have devs with pockets loaded full of the coins they are developing for..... let's get serious now ...

We want developments and projects - how are we going to get them.... super block, companion anon coin that actually has some funding for the development and service creation, roi projects?

I hope we can soon start to create a real list of postives and negatives to these new ideas and get a vote going.

Perhaps the new chain should have a voting facility built into the block chain as i have heard some other coins have.

totally understand where you come from and respect your opinion - also but we have to look at the basic economics, Crypto is a currency not a stock or equity - when it drops in price we don't panic and shift the economy, the distribution period was 6 months,  and Quark is very young and got very exuberant based on previous events, however the fundamentals still make Quark one of if not THE leader in this growing field of junk.

and i say that with quiet admiration, i love all the junk , i find it beautiful.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:20:16 AM

If you really are genuine , then, you may be interested in the solutions we have moving forward, we are not asking anyone for capital at all, also if you are genuinely new i need to tell you there is no innovation of other currencies, you should understand that most of what goes on here is fake, i know how hard that makes things for new users.

but the only answer is study, but i do understand how hard that can be when you are working and spending your energy, this is why in the future i hope to review communication policy and try to be at least a voice that speaks some sanity.

the exuberance was a problem, but we need to focus on a period a little longer than 1 or 2 months. that of course does not help you now, i understand this.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:40:59 AM

I agree with Georgem. QRK was based on a fast distribution idea of 6 months and that's what people signed on for. If it fails, then it fails...If it succeeds then it succeeds. QRK was a test and IMHO I wouldn't change anything. If people aren't satisfied with the current situation then they should move on to something else...point is buyers of QRK knew what they were getting into and if they didn't, then they didn't do their research. I lost lots of money with QRK but that's all water under the bridge now and I've moved on.

If it fails it fails? ?I am 100% sure no other real qrk investors take that attitude. We need serious discussion based on real pros and cons. I have yet to hear any real negative for the super block or any real alternative. If it fails it fails is not an alternative for people holding qrk.  

People come into failing companies every day and turn them around. You don't say to investors you knew we ran our business like this, it's an outdated model that looked good once, so we will stick with it and if it dies it dies? we don't want to change anything. We're dying but you signed up for it like this so we won't change it?? can't see that kind of announcement bringing new interest and investment to qrk.

Please let's be sensible.

1. the goal is for qrk NOT to fail. This is obviously the first thing we all naturally agree on. If you are not bothered if qrk fails then there is no need for you to be here, get back to bitquark.

Let's work through this logically as possible.

1. we want developments, and services
2. you need developers and project managers, coders, marketing
3. developers/project managers need incentive - either big investments and holdings of QRk - now or as payment after they created or payment in some other form.
4. Most of the qrk whales are not devlopers/project managers for qrk. They simply bought QRK waiting magically for it to go 100x in value ... a lot have forgotten they own a few hundred bucks of it.

So this is where we are. We want things done with no money to pay for it right? Those holding the qrk will not develop, market, create projects.... nor will they give their qrk away. There are no new blood miners coming in either.

What are the options,

1. we ask the qrk whales to donate  = not going to happen
2. we all donate a small amount of qrk and build a development pot= not going to happen because everyone looks at everyone else to do it and does not want to be the only fools giving money away when they will get no more benefit from it than those that don't donate.

3. we all agree that we give 10% of holdings and every single person has a guarantee that any rewards gained will be proportional to what he gave. This is what the super block would do.

A companion coin is probably the key here. It should be created with 330M coins, you can claim them 1 for 1 with qrk. However not only must you have the qrk in your wallet you must be active here and the coins are released to you gradually over time for staying active. This would bring the qrk whales into this board and get them active. This is when we need to have ROI projects ready for their eyes to read about.

If we don't change anything, this is long long road with no fuel in the car. We are up against coins that have devs with pockets loaded full of the coins they are developing for..... let's get serious now ...

We want developments and projects - how are we going to get them.... super block, companion anon coin that actually has some funding for the development and service creation, roi projects?

I hope we can soon start to create a real list of postives and negatives to these new ideas and get a vote going.

Perhaps the new chain should have a voting facility built into the block chain as i have heard some other coins have.

totally understand where you come from and respect your opinion - also but we have to look at the basic economics, Crypto is a currency not a stock or equity - when it drops in price we don't panic and shift the economy, the distribution period was 6 months,  and Quark is very young and got very exuberant based on previous events, however the fundamentals still make Quark one of if not THE leader in this growing field of junk.

and i say that with quiet admiration, i love all the junk , i find it beautiful.

Hi DI, If you, Vic and some other core members had a decent sized development pot I know you guys could do a lot for qrk. The super block is merely a time machine opportunity to provide qrk the funds it requires to compete with other well funded coins, the funds it should have had from the start. You guys can not work for nothing and why should people work to make others wealthy? ROI projects are the future, but we have to work towards that. I think a companion coin to qrk totally transparent with a development pot, run by core people here that have proven they have the talent and drive to get things done would be great. WC are looking at doing something similar but with an ipo you can only buy in with WC. QRK is one of my fav coins, and i think it has some the best people at the core, who really do think "bigger" than those in other crypto communities, they lack funding and time. You simply can't have these people held back like this and hoping they will be able to compete against people with huge resources.  If we had the ear of the investors and could provide them with great opportunities to get passive incomes from some outstanding services. They would love it.

It would just take somebody with influence like you or VIC to say okay wer're going to do this. Create an ANN, you would see a huge new wave of interest for qrk. This 3rd wave the biggest wave yet all missed out on mining qrk. This low price actually gives them a second chance at getting involved. I like a companion coin idea. If people want to see qrk remain pure with no changes to the coin....but many want full POS, ANON,  SMS, etc etc. The companion coin will give them all of that.

I was once part of an industry where many rejected change, said these changes were hype, fads, gimmicks, i too rejected these new changes. It was a BIG mistake. The old guard are there still, however their market share is about 1000th of what it could have been if they had jumped on the hype trains that took new players to super riches. Some of the largest players before are now tiny, although it was unthinkable they would ever be anything other than giants in the industry. This happened in a matter of a few years.

It is now or never for qrk. QRK will never die, but if you want to see it top 5 market cap. We need the outside investors more involved again and a core with some funds to work with or it will be a very slow progress from here.

Let's do it. The ipo companion coin way WC are considering getting some development funds together is quite interesting, may be more so that a sidechain or super block.

If we could just get everyone to donate to a huge pot so you guys could quit your jobs and work full time with qrk that would be great. However we know that is not going to happen.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:54:42 AM

Hi DI, If you, Vic and some other core members had a decent sized development pot I know you guys could do a lot for qrk. The super block is merely a time machine opportunity to provide qrk the funds it requires to compete with other well funded coins, the funds it should have had from the start. You guys can not work for nothing and why should people work to make others wealthy? ROI projects are the future, but we have to work towards that. I think a companion coin to qrk totally transparent with a development pot, run by core people here that have proven they have the talent and drive to get things done would be great. WC are looking at doing something similar but with an ipo you can only buy in with WC. QRK is one of my fav coins, and i think it has some the best people at the core, who really do think "bigger" than those in other crypto communities, they lack funding and time. You simply can't have these people held back like this and hoping they will be able to compete against people with huge resources.  If we had the ear of the investors and could provide them with great opportunities to get passive incomes from some outstanding services. They would love it.

It would just take somebody with influence like you or VIC to say okay wer're going to do this. Create an ANN, you would see a huge new wave of interest for qrk. This 3rd wave the biggest wave yet all missed out on mining qrk. This low price actually gives them a second chance at getting involved. I like a companion coin idea. If people want to see qrk remain pure with no changes to the coin....but many want full POS, ANON,  SMS, etc etc. The companion coin will give them all of that.

I was once part of an industry where many rejected change, said these changes were hype, fads, gimmicks, i too rejected these new changes. It was a BIG mistake. The old guard are there still, however their market share is about 1000th of what it could have been if they had jumped on the hype trains that took new players to super riches. Some of the largest players before are now tiny, although it was unthinkable they would ever be anything other than giants in the industry. This happened in a matter of a few years.

It is now or never for qrk. QRK will never die, but if you want to see it top 5 market cap. We need the outside investors more involved again and a core with some funds to work with or it will be a very slow progress from here.

Let's do it. The ipo companion coin way WC are considering getting some development funds together is quite interesting, may be more so that a sidechain or super block.

If we could just get everyone to donate to a huge pot so you guys could quit your jobs and work full time with qrk that would be great. However we know that is not going to happen.

I agree with a lot of what you say and i can say we have solutions in focus, just deciding on details, one thing i do want to address.

I am all about change and innovation, but we have to put it in context, Quark is a building block (even the name suggest it) the Brick has been the same for 1000's of years even if that Brick is 3d printed its still a brick you see?

so we can do "things" with the building blocks, we have the freedom, we always have , we just haven't been able to fully realize it.

some "features" have merit, but a lot of things derive from misunderstanding and lack of education , it really takes a lot of energy to fully understand this market.

this is why i have always focused on education, because when you are the one that has fundamentals on your side and you are not the scam , the job is simple, the opponents have to spend a lot of energy distracting or confusing people all we have to do is point them in the right direction, and fortunately people actually want to learn.

so i think we have a solution that can do a lot of what you are kind of pointing at and will be a great middle ground, we just have to work out means and details.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: