Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:52:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 334 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 941375 times)
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:57:33 PM

Just to remind about myself  Grin IMO, nothing changed, I think price will continue to swing inside this channel.

What does the latest surge means? Still possible for a bullish outcome short-mid term?

Also, what do you guys think about this?

we will see. Looks like it is falling off the edge ever so slowly...but what do I know...

Not necessarily. As I see this year, it's very close to the mean right now and it could easily stay still here for several days or weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:39:57 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 06:44:41 PM by molecular

Not sure if I did everything ok (I used a simple 200MA, 1w chart) but seems to me case is closed:

Not sure what you mean. That the 200 WMA is broken to the downside for good?

Anyhow: I think something's wrong with that 200 week moving average you are showing. I think it's wrong (it's too damn high). Maybe not enough data or something.

looks like this on bitcoinwisdom:

and like this on bitcoincharts:

(both bitstamp weekly)

on bitcoinwisdom I'm reading $235.54 for the 200 WMA.

bitcoinwisdom bitcoincharts is doing it right, btw: not displaying the line at all if there's less than 200 samples in the past.

EDIT: correction

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:42:33 AM

Not sure if I did everything ok (I used a simple 200MA, 1w chart) but seems to me case is closed:

Not sure what you mean. That the 200 WMA is broken to the downside for good?

Anyhow: I think something's wrong with that 200 week moving average you are showing. I think it's wrong (it's too damn high). Maybe not enough data or something.

looks like this on bitcoinwisdom:

and like this on bitcoincharts:

(both bitstamp weekly)

on bitcoinwisdom I'm reading $235.54 for the 200 WMA.

bitcoinwisdom is doing it right, btw: not displaying the line at all if there's less than 200 samples in the past.
Yes, that's why I said I don't know if I did anything right - this chart has the line very high IMO too.

Anyways, I think we will go parabola soon if we hold 230...
8up

Activity: 618

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:02:06 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 11:25:32 AM by 8up

I came to the conclusion, that 200 MA is a minor support/resistance line compared to the pre-bubble(s) support line (lasting for 2.5 years). Coincidentally they are close to each other at current valuation.

Keep in mind, that this market is heavily manipulated and big investors will also try to protect their bitcoin holdings. This is why I'd like to call this line the "defense line".
Therefore my best guess is, we will see a mild rally from here (to around $350) and a third retest of this line until bitcoin is ripe for real bubble-mode. This finally could happen coincidentally (or planned!) after block size solution will be found and halving is just around the corner in early summer 2016. Storytelling (for the masses) is an important part of bitcoins' success!

Always wrong until not.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:21:31 AM

I came to the conclusion, that 200 MA is a minor support/resistance line compared to the pre-bubble(s) support line (lasting for 2.5 years). Coincidentally they are close to each other at current valuation.

Keep in mind, that this market is heavily manipulated and big investors will also try to protect their bitcoin holdings. This is why I'd like to call this line the "defense line".
Therefore my best guess is, we will see a mild rally from here (to around $350) and a third retest of this line until bitcoin is ripe for real bubble-mode. This finally could happen coincidentally (or planned!) after block size solution will be found and halving is just around the corner in early summer 2016. Storytelling (for the masses) is an important part of bitcoins' success!

325, 450

Scary stuff.

205-210 must NOT break...
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:24:28 AM

325, 450

Scary stuff.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

8up

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:30:52 AM

325, 450

Scary stuff.

You're right. Could easily go as high as $450. But in any case. The "defense line" must not break. Otherwise... Hell yeah. At least no one will demand a block size solution by then.  Grin

Always wrong until not.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:42:26 AM

Theodore Modis is right - BTC is following log growth (S curve) and not an expo one. It seems that it normalised now to an S curve:

The "defense line" must not break. Otherwise... Hell yeah. At least no one will demand a block size solution by then.  Grin
Though I have a feeling we will retest it before going upwards again...
8up

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:24:49 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 12:35:13 PM by 8up

Theodore Modis is right - BTC is following log growth (S curve) and not an expo one. It seems that it normalised now to an S curve:

The "defense line" must not break. Otherwise... Hell yeah. At least no one will demand a block size solution by then.  Grin
Though I have a feeling we will retest it before going upwards again...

This (S curve thing) sounds legit. BTW: I don't expect it to retest the line in the short term. One more week of stability (flowing around 223-233) and then an impulsive up-tick like in May 2014 seems more reasonable.

Always wrong until not.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 12:37:09 PM

Drawing a trend line in that manner is nonsense because as long as the current price is higher than some other price in the past there will always be a possibility to do that.  The empirical extrapolation power of a trend line is proportional to how closely it follows the actual price. Doing that at price extrema you then get the worst possible one you can draw.
In other words a trend line only makes sense if it appears the price tries to "stick" to it, otherwise it's useless to do it.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:42:29 PM

[...]

[...]

bitcoinwisdom is doing it right, btw: not displaying the line at all if there's less than 200 samples in the past.

(aside)

I wrote a crude little extrapolation script on TV, i.e. takes an average definition, and, if set to a history length N that is beyond the available data a time instant n, it calculates the 'undefined' segment up to n by giving equal weight to the /available/ values at point n over length N (the extrapolation part), and from the point on when there is enough data for N, it shows the average in a different color to mark that the values are now based on sufficient data. I'll see if I can dig it up, might be helpful for cases like this.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:48:19 PM

Drawing a trend line in that manner is nonsense because as long as the current price is higher than some other price in the past there will always be a possibility to do that.  The empirical extrapolation power of a trend line is proportional to how closely it follows the actual price. Doing that at price extrema you then get the worst possible one you can draw.
In other words a trend line only makes sense if it appears the price tries to "stick" to it, otherwise it's useless to do it.
Can you draw one of yours??
8up

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:54:54 PM

I suppose, if it is "nonsense" lies in the eye of the beholder. Am certainly interested in some of your interpretations/examples of the current situation/trend.

Always wrong until not.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:14:59 PM

What the lines represent, is actually the curve fitting of a specific series of (at first glance random) numbers over a diagram that represents the price of an asset (in this case BTC). Imagine it like you have a car that follows a specific route while driving in a desert where there's no road at all. The function is a y=f(x) where there are several ways to determine if the car is accelerating or decelerating (usually taking the 1st & 2nd derivatives).

Unfortunately, the case is not as simple as it seems, for most of the assets and/or stocks. Chances are you're reverse engineered the curve right (or a sophisticated program like Matlab did it for you) nevertheless, it seems that most of the time the predictions about the price going north or south is respective to outside of this world factors.

The most intriguing story I've ever read for the last couple of months (maybe more) was the one of Martin Armstrong who has been successful in predicting several crashes in the past couple of decades while claiming he has found the way to calculate the "circles" history makes. This may sound bogus to people like me and I've even tried to defy it presenting scientific facts based on Deterministic Chaos theory of Edward Lorenz, but despite my efforts, and contrary to science, his model seems to be working.  Cheesy

If this is happening, and this guy is for real; I really want to meet him for he managed to solve the greatest mystery of the Universe and he deserves a Nobel Prize. This simply works for -literally- EVERYTHING! For what its worth; I'm still watching his space for 2015.75; even though, just today, he tries to rephrase / clarify his prediction.

Tick Tock...  Roll Eyes

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
8up

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

What the lines represent, is actually the curve fitting of a specific series of (at first glance random) numbers over a diagram that represents the price of an asset (in this case BTC). Imagine it like you have a car that follows a specific route while driving in a desert where there's no road at all. The function is a y=f(x) where there are several ways to determine if the car is accelerating or decelerating (usually taking the 1st derivative).

Unfortunately, the case is not as simple as it seems, for most of the assets and/or stocks. Chances are you're reverse engineered the curve right (or a sophisticated program like Matlab did it for you) nevertheless, it seems that most of the time the predictions about the price going north or south is respective to outside of this world factors.

The most intriguing story I've ever read for the last couple of months (maybe more) was the one of Martin Armstrong who has been successful in predicting several crashes in the past couple of decades while claiming he has found the way to calculate the "circles" history makes. This may sound bogus to people like me and I've even tried to defy it presenting scientific facts based on Deterministic Chaos theory of Edward Lorenz, but despite my efforts, and contrary to science, his model seems to be working.  Cheesy

If this is happening, and this guy is for real; I really want to meet him for he managed to solve the greatest mystery of the Universe and he deserves a Nobel Prize. This simply works for -literally- EVERYTHING! For what its worth; I'm still watching his space for 2015.75; eventhough he tries to rephrase / clarify his prediction.

Tick Tock...  Roll Eyes

I also read it. IMO it works as long as most/many others can not see the pattern he describes. Once people start to see/become "enlightened", his model will fall apart. I guess he even knows this.

There is enough room left for an exciting up- and downswing in the next quarter. So little doom after a mild rally and consecutive retest of the defense line or huge doom as soon as the defense line is breached. So totally in line with MA.

Always wrong until not.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:39:58 PM

What the lines represent, is actually the curve fitting of a specific series of (at first glance random) numbers over a diagram that represents the price of an asset (in this case BTC). Imagine it like you have a car that follows a specific route while driving in a desert where there's no road at all. The function is a y=f(x) where there are several ways to determine if the car is accelerating or decelerating (usually taking the 1st derivative).

If this is happening, and this guy is for real; I really want to meet him for he managed to solve the greatest mystery of the Universe and he deserves a Nobel Prize. This simply works for -literally- EVERYTHING! For what its worth; I'm still watching his space for 2015.75; eventhough he tries to rephrase / clarify his prediction.

Tick Tock...  Roll Eyes

I also read it. IMO it works as long as most/many others can not see the pattern he describes. Once people start to see/become "enlightened", his model will fall apart. I guess he even knows this.

There is enough room left for an exciting up- and downswing in the next quarter. So little doom after a mild rally and consecutive retest of the defense line or huge doom as soon as the defense line is breached. So totally in line with MA.

EXACTLY! I'm happy that -at least- another one gets it. It's like tampering with the initial conditions of a chaotic model. After one (or many) start playing with the "pendulum" then the pendulum will follow another (unpredictable) trajectory. Like I said, I may be wrong, but I think it's worth waiting to see what's gonna happen Smiley

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:42:04 PM

Armstrong's response would probably be along the lines of 'People will always be people' and that the forces he forecasts are bigger than any government/bank therefore he doesn't seem to have any worry of his cycles being 'discovered' by masses of people. As people acting like people is what gives his model credibility. I hope I'm not scrambling that too badly!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:42:30 PM

What I fail to grasp is why so much drama if EVERYTHING falls? Short the hell out of everything and the speed you will make dollars will compensate for the value it may lose in real life terms...

Pffff, these old school traders (MA, Thomas Dorsey) who hate to be on the short side of the market.

Also, there is a thing called hedging....

EDIT: The trader's nightmare is a stable market, not a turbulent one.

O καλός o καπετάνιoς στη φoυρτoύνα φαίνεται.
8up

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:53:03 PM

What I fail to grasp is why so much drama if EVERYTHING falls? Short the hell out of everything and the speed you will make dollars will compensate for the value it may lose in real life terms...

Pffff, these old school traders (MA, Thomas Dorsey) who hate to be on the short side of the market.

Nice quote, klee. I guess it is peoples (including an overhelmingly number of bitcoiners) wish for positivity/growth vs. negativity/death. Not seeing, that plus and minus make the thing whole. To be seen as a prophet by the masses (maybe MA blind spot!?) one needs to preach "positivity".

Always wrong until not.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:38:49 PM

Well if the market goes down we can win some money but if the market goes up we can all become very rich. The payoff is asymetric.

edit: I talk about the BTC market specifically.
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 334 »
  Print  

Jump to: