Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:41:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628600 times)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:07:49 PM

Has anyone else had issues with a slow connection?

Site is slow at the moment, can't make any trades.
Will return in a day or so, Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:13:43 PM

I tried it after I read this post (so I don't know how it was before), but it was "slow as normal" Cheesy so ~5 seconds to load a page and the constant issue with lost connection as usual. But it was not that slow to make it impossible to trade.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:32:10 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 05:15:53 PM by Dargo

Kraken Support is probably the best when getting in touch with Dargo in this thread.
Yes, they were quite fast in responding but did not actually resolve the issue. Out of around 10 withdrawals I sent (both wire & SEPA) all got through pretty fast. But the only one that is missing - and sent to exactly the same account as the ones that got through - was for €900 so you probably understand why I'm a bit worried. Dargo replied it happens to 0,1% of their transfers - but from my point of view it's 10% now! After all it's year 2014, not 1914 and I just don't understand how a bank transfer can "get lost somewhere" for over 6 weeks.

I absolutely understand you and how you feel.
May I suggest you just try to keep one thing in mind: Kraken itself is most probably highly interested to have this resolved ASAP.
(Even if it for you clearly doesn't seem to look like that)

Keep us updated, please.
wishing you luck

I sent kravietz a PM yesterday, but wanted to respond here as well when I got a chance. We are constantly working to improve our service and this includes better support for missing transfer cases. Unfortunately in the case of missing transfers, we have to work with the banking system, which quite frankly is closer to a 1914 system than it should be. My guess is that for kravietz's case, Fidor is waiting to hear back from the receiving bank (per my post above), but we're trying to get a specific update on the case from Fidor.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:35:01 PM

I tried it after I read this post (so I don't know how it was before), but it was "slow as normal" Cheesy so ~5 seconds to load a page and the constant issue with lost connection as usual. But it was not that slow to make it impossible to trade.

Hi Serpens - I know you've had an ongoing connection issue. I asked you some questions a while back in the thread about your setup (OS, browser, browser settings, etc.), but I don't think you responded. If you let me know here or by PM, I'll see if that can help us resolve the issue.
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:02:21 PM

Hi Serpens - I know you've had an ongoing connection issue. I asked you some questions a while back in the thread about your setup (OS, browser, browser settings, etc.), but I don't think you responded. If you let me know here or by PM, I'll see if that can help us resolve the issue.
was that question towards me?
I am using chrome, windows 7, adblock, nothing exceptional.
But Kraken is usually slow like Serpens66 says, long load times.
But this time it was different, page was loading so long that I was logged out again. Couldn't trade, couldn't withdraw/deposit.
It seems to be back to normal now. Probably just a server hiccup.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
Joe200

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:05:04 PM

Where is Kraken incorporated? The laws of which jurisdiction govern Kraken?
kravietz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:25:20 PM

I sent kravietz a PM yesterday, but wanted to respond here as well when I got a chance. We are constantly working to improve our service and this includes better support for missing transfer cases. Unfortunately in the case of missing transfers, we have to work with the banking system, which quite frankly is closer to a 1914 system than it should be. My guess is that for kravietz's case, Fidor is waiting to hear back from the receiving bank (per my post above), but we're trying to get a specific update on the case from Fidor.

Banks may not be fully up to date with latest trends but they are definitely very good at one thing: processing and tracing money. I don't know about Fidor, but I've been doing wire transfers between all kind of banks across Europe and longest it took a week (!) from EU to Russia, with an intermediary in Austria. I called my bank again to check if they have seen anything coming from Fidor and it took them 2 minutes to locate one incoming transfer (one that got through) and nothing about the one that is missing. They suggested I contact Fidor and request "payment trace", which is a pretty standard practice as they explained. I obviously cannot do this because I'm not client of Fidor. This is why I find it very difficult to believe that Fidor could be holding an investigation for 6 weeks without any updates. So either Kraken has selected the worst bank in Europe as their payment processor, or Kraken is not telling the whole truth. Also you shouldn't be surprised that people get suspicious about missing wire transfers taking into account what was happening at MtGox last year and how it ended.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:50:55 PM

Banks may not be fully up to date with latest trends but they are definitely very good at one thing: processing and tracing money. I don't know about Fidor, but I've been doing wire transfers between all kind of banks across Europe and longest it took a week (!) from EU to Russia, with an intermediary in Austria. I called my bank again to check if they have seen anything coming from Fidor and it took them 2 minutes to locate one incoming transfer (one that got through) and nothing about the one that is missing. They suggested I contact Fidor and request "payment trace", which is a pretty standard practice as they explained. I obviously cannot do this because I'm not client of Fidor. This is why I find it very difficult to believe that Fidor could be holding an investigation for 6 weeks without any updates. So either Kraken has selected the worst bank in Europe as their payment processor, or Kraken is not telling the whole truth. Also you shouldn't be surprised that people get suspicious about missing wire transfers taking into account what was happening at MtGox last year and how it ended.

Hi Kravietz - Fidor has already run a trace on the deposit, but the trace itself won't fix anything. The banks have to get in touch in order to resolve the issue. The current status with your withdrawal is that Fidor has contacted your bank about the transfer through the SWIFT network and is now waiting for a reply from your bank (this is the update we received from them). I recommend that you contact your bank and ask them if they've received the message from Fidor. If they have, then ask them to please reply. If they say they haven't received the message, then I'd clarify with them how Fidor should contact them. 
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:06:10 PM

Time to remove all banks...
It's stupid that the customer has to play racing pigeon  >.<

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
kravietz

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:25:50 PM

Hi Kravietz - Fidor has already run a trace on the deposit, but the trace itself won't fix anything. The banks have to get in touch in order to resolve the issue. The current status with your withdrawal is that Fidor has contacted your bank about the transfer through the SWIFT network and is now waiting for a reply from your bank (this is the update we received from them). I recommend that you contact your bank and ask them if they've received the message from Fidor. If they have, then ask them to please reply. If they say they haven't received the message, then I'd clarify with them how Fidor should contact them. 

I talked to them today and they said they did not received anything from Fidor so far. I did not mention SWIFT, because I'm not really into banking technologies. If I call them tomorrow and they say they didn't get any SWIFT message then what - will you send me SWIFT specification and request that I teach the bank on SWIFT over telephone? I would rather expect that Fidor or Kraken gives a call to Metro Bank (+44 203 402 8312) and tells them exactly what the issue is, because proxying messages about allegedly queued SWIFT messages is not something an end user should be asked to do. Especially after 6 weeks of silence.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:47:26 PM

I talked to them today and they said they did not received anything from Fidor so far. I did not mention SWIFT, because I'm not really into banking technologies. If I call them tomorrow and they say they didn't get any SWIFT message then what - will you send me SWIFT specification and request that I teach the bank on SWIFT over telephone? I would rather expect that Fidor or Kraken gives a call to Metro Bank (+44 203 402 8312) and tells them exactly what the issue is, because proxying messages about allegedly queued SWIFT messages is not something an end user should be asked to do. Especially after 6 weeks of silence.

I'm not sure that phone number will really work. According to the contact page on Metro Bank's website it's the number for a customer to report a lost or stolen card. In order to do this by telephone, Fidor will need to know the person they need to contact and the number where this person can be reached. But I'd also ask about using the SWIFT network. You don't have to teach your bank about SWIFT. If you're talking the right person who can help you, then it's just a matter of asking what SWIFT message type Fidor should use to contact them. I understand that you feel you shouldn't have to do all this, and I agree, but I'm telling you what I think is the best way to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible, and that involves doing the things I'm suggesting.
kravietz

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:03:00 AM

I'm not sure that phone number will really work. According to the contact page on Metro Bank's website it's the number for a customer to report a lost or stolen card. In order to do this by telephone, Fidor will need to know the person they need to contact and the number where this person can be reached. But I'd also ask about using the SWIFT network. You don't have to teach your bank about SWIFT. If you're talking the right person who can help you, then it's just a matter of asking what SWIFT message type Fidor should use to contact them. I understand that you feel you shouldn't have to do all this, and I agree, but I'm telling you what I think is the best way to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible, and that involves doing the things I'm suggesting.

This is exactly the telephone number that I'm using when contacting my bank for general inquiries, not only blocking cards. If I ask them about SWIFT messages I have exactly the same chances of getting to the right person as you or Fidor with the difference that if I do, I can only kindly ask them to check their SWIFT email for any messages from Fidor. If you did run payment trace on this transaction, please send it to me over PM and I'll just go to the branch and ask to be contacted with someone who can read it.

P.S. you might think that I'm being a bit pain in the ass now, but please also understand that I've started to be one only after 6 weeks of patiently waiting for someone to do something.
CryptoMxM

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:31:47 AM

Just to re-up my question...
At today 190 days passed and the funds are not on my Kraken account, nor they are came back to my bank account...  Cry
I contacted your support a couple of days ago but I didn't receive any response. Dargo, can you speed up the process?
Thank you!

Hi CryptoMxM - I'll ask your support agent to get in touch with you, but I have some information that might help your case. Our COO and our support manager visited at the Fidor offices last week and one of the goals of the visit was to talk to them about how we can improve support for missing transfer cases. One thing we asked about is a case like yours where your bank has tried to contact Fidor about a missing deposit but hasn't had any response.

What we learned is that if your bank contacts Fidor through the SWIFT network, they MUST use a type MTn99 SWIFT message because Fidor doesn't respond to any other kind of message for correspondence with another bank. How it took so long to get this vital piece of information, I do not understand, but it should help resolve missing deposit cases.

For missing deposits, it's essential that your bank contact our bank, so what I recommend is that you talk to your bank and find out how they tried to contact Fidor. If they sent a message through the SWIFT network that wasn't type MTn99, then they need to resend the message as type MTn99. If they sent the message in some other way, let us know through your support ticket.

Waiting for banks to get in touch with each other seems to be a major source of delays in searching for missing transfers. The standard is that the sending bank must investigate, but in order to investigate, they have to contact the receiving bank (not necessarily the destination bank, it could be an intermediary bank). But sometimes it's difficult to get any response from the receiving bank. For missing deposits, other banks have had trouble getting a response from Fidor (probably because they sent a SWIFT message that wasn't MTn99), and for missing withdrawals, Fidor often has trouble getting a response from the receiving bank. So one general piece of advice for dealing with missing transfers is to get clarification from the receiving bank on how they should be contacted by the sending bank. If they say, "through the SWIFT network," then clarify with them exactly what message type should be used.  

Thank you for the reply. I'll try to explain the situation to my bank.
KrakenTrader

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:22:51 AM

@Dargo

...reading this on reddit...
kraken.com adds a layer of verfication and fraud defence: They demand a "ID-Selfie" for all future deposits in addition to a tier 3 or 4 verifaction
Just got this Info from the support. I do think that is a bit over the top due to the tier 3 verification allready demanding very personal info that only a legit customer should be able to obtain and show for.
What do you guys think? To much or ok? And furthermore: is there an alternative for €/BTC Exchange (no p2p selling but a real exchange)??

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/29qa7u/krakencom_adds_a_layer_of_verfication_and_fraud/

Is that's true, would you mind sharing some more info on that.
Thanks

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:33:47 PM

@Dargo

kraken.com adds a layer of verfication and fraud defence: They demand a "ID-Selfie" for all future deposits in addition to a tier 3 or 4 verifaction
Just got this Info from the support. I do think that is a bit over the top due to the tier 3 verification allready demanding very personal info that only a legit customer should be able to obtain and show for.
What do you guys think? To much or ok? And furthermore: is there an alternative for €/BTC Exchange (no p2p selling but a real exchange)??

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/29qa7u/krakencom_adds_a_layer_of_verfication_and_fraud/

Thanks
Do we have to send this now, even if we are tier 3/4 already?

There are no good alternative for €/BTC... I know just btc-e, bitcoin-central (paymium), bitcoin-24 and zyado.
The Volume from the first three is very low and the Orderbook thin. Zyado has most of the time a filled orderbook, but in most cases just 0,xBTC Orders every x cent.  https://www.zyado.com/?Mod=Orderbook And I'm very sure it's "fake", so some zyado employee create these orders. But you can buy and sell them and cashin and cashout. But I would not be surprised if it turns out as Scam.

KrakenTrader

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:51:39 PM

@Dargo

Thanks
Do we have to send this now, even if we are tier 3/4 already?

There are no good alternative for €/BTC... I know just btc-e, bitcoin-central (paymium), bitcoin-24 and zyado.
The Volume from the first three is very low and the Orderbook thin. Zyado has most of the time a filled orderbook, but in most cases just 0,xBTC Orders every x cent.  https://www.zyado.com/?Mod=Orderbook And I'm very sure it's "fake", so some zyado employee create these orders. But you can buy and sell them and cashin and cashout. But I would not be surprised if it turns out as Scam.

Let's hear what @Dargo got to say when he steps in.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:07:52 PM

@Dargo

Thanks

We've been requiring a higher standard of verification for deposits from certain German banks for a while now. Some German banks are being targeted by fraudulent activity and it's gotten to the point that we have to consider deposits from all German banks as higher risk and therefore as requiring a higher level of diligence on our part. For accounts verified to tier 2, this means that we cannot accept deposits from German banks unless the account is verified to tier 3 and the "ID selfie" is included with the verification documents. The "ID selfie" is a picture of you holding the ID used for tier 3 verification. For accounts verified to tier 3, we are also requiring the ID selfie for deposits from German banks. However, for older tier 3 accounts that have already established a good track record with us going back to at least the end of March 2014, we aren't requiring the ID selfie. An ID selfie isn't required for tier 4 customers since they already meet a very high standard of verification.

We understand that many of you find account verification to be invasive and troubling because of all the sensitive information and documents that are collected. We share your concerns and wish there was a better way. We strive to only ask for verification information that's necessary and to protect this information as if it were our own. All client verification information is encrypted and it requires access to multiple, highly secure systems to decrypt it.

The tier 3 documents are unfortunately not something that can only be supplied by a legit customer. It's entirely possible, though not easy, to forge the tier 3 documents or otherwise obtain them illegitimately. We think that the ID selfie is a reasonable way to require a higher standard that reduces the likelihood of illegitimate documents. Note that for a tier 3 account, the ID selfie doesn't ask you to submit anything that you haven't already submitted - i.e. an image of your ID and a picture of yourself (already on your ID). The ID selfie just asks you to put the two together. Keep in mind that you can always write "for kraken.com" on a piece of paper and hold that along with your ID in the selfie. This can help reduce the possibility that the image could be used for any other purpose if it fell into the wrong hands (but again, we take great precautions against this).

Please accept my apology for not posting about all this before, but the exact policy has been in flux up until very recently and I didn't want to confuse people with multiple posts stating incomplete or inaccurate information. 
Joe200

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:19:39 PM

Dargo,

In what country or state is Payward incorporated? The website only gives the location of the headquarters. I'd like to know what country it's actually incorporated in and by the laws of which country it's governed.

Thanks.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:40:59 PM

Dargo,

In what country or state is Payward incorporated? The website only gives the location of the headquarters. I'd like to know what country it's actually incorporated in and by the laws of which country it's governed.

Thanks.

Hi Joe - Payward, Inc. is incorporated in Delaware (US). We also have a subsidiary, Payward Ltd, based in the UK. As for the legal details, it would be best to create a support ticket with your specific question or concern (you don't need an account to do this) and we can put you in touch with our legal counsel. I hope this helps.

https://support.kraken.com
(click "Submit a request" to start the ticket and choose "Other" for the category.)
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:50:01 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 02:05:39 PM by Serpens66

in the last 4 hours 3times a strange trade.

on 15:15:12 +02:00   someone bought for €468.370.

and some hours before someone sold two times for ~435€.

Edit:
now a fourth time:
16:03:23 +02:00   buy   €463.78

Huh?

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: