Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:46:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:24:53 PM

I have giving AMT enough time to deliver as have we all I believe. I have given them 48 hours before I proceed with legal action if they have not responded within that time period I will start the legal proceedings, unless someone else has already started a class action lawsuit against AMT, in which case, feel free to email me at athgaurd@hotmail.com as I am sure that I will be joining the law suit.  There is no excuse for the lack of communication and lack of ability to produce results. I run a few businesses and I am extremely busy, however even on my worst of days I still am able to respond to several emails/phone calls a day to my customers.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:29:04 PM

Why do you keep waiting? Put some pressure on them. Obviously at this point the lies are just bubbling over. They promised to start shipping last week. They tell people they are shipping to get them to order more. Those are fraudulent statements.
athgaurd

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:37:44 PM

I agree. It is more for the others that are looking to form a lawsuit against AMT so that there aren't all of these little lawsuits occurring and that several of us can come together and form a class action lawsuit. Attorney costs are typically lower per person and the response is usually better especially since I believe there are probably more than 1,000 people that have been taken advantage of.
majalen33

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:39:53 PM

I want to give then at least a day to respond
athgaurd

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:40:42 PM

48 hours is two days.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:41:12 PM

Really?
How many more days? They had enough!!!,

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
athgaurd

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:42:07 PM

Really?
How many more days? They had enough!!!,

I completely agree.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:42:33 PM

I agree. It is more for the others that are looking to form a lawsuit against AMT so that there aren't all of these little lawsuits occurring and that several of us can come together and form a class action lawsuit. Attorney costs are typically lower per person and the response is usually better especially since I believe there are probably more than 1,000 people that have been taken advantage of.

Could we all band together as a group and demand refunds for the units we purchased?

Could a lawyer represent us as a group of buyers (rather than a class action lawsuit)?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
athgaurd

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:43:49 PM

Could we all band together as a group and demand refunds for the units we purchased?

Could a lawyer represent us as a group of buyers (rather than a class action lawsuit)?

1. that is what we pretty much have been doing already, time for legal action.

2. That would be a class action lawsuit...
5craziest

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:13:41 PM

How do u join the legal proceedings?
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:14:55 PM

1. that is what we pretty much have been doing already, time for legal action.

2. That would be a class action lawsuit...

No, a class action lawsuit is much bigger than that. You also won't get anything back from it. Your best bet is to win a judgment against them individually or as a small group. Or they could be honest with answers for once Smiley
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:17:21 PM

Whether AMT cares or not about updating the customer base on this thread; it's amazing that they wouldn't post SOMETHING especially with all these legal threats coming about. It's not even JUST this thread: there are no responded emails or phone calls.

Reality check: They don't have anything NEW to update us with: therefore the lack of updates.
athgaurd

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:20:58 PM

If no one else has already done so and filed already.. I gave them 48 hours. In the meantime I'll do the ground work to get something together, I'm not a lawyer by any means though so if there is someone that has a little more legal sense it would be great if they stepped up, but I will start the process up today and move forward with it if I/we don't hear about a definite resolution within 48 hours.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:25:29 PM

If no one else has already done so and filed already.. I gave them 48 hours. In the meantime I'll do the ground work to get something together, I'm not a lawyer by any means though so if there is someone that has a little more legal sense it would be great if they stepped up, but I will start the process up today and move forward with it if I/we don't hear about a definite resolution within 48 hours.

Could we go to a small claims court as a group?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:28:36 PM

Not sure if this qualifies as SMALL CLAIMS. Cumulatively,  AMT has over $250,000 of our money.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:36:44 PM

Not sure if this qualifies as SMALL CLAIMS. Cumulatively,  AMT has over $250,000 of our money.

True, but each of your claims is under the limit (most likely). You ordered something, they haven't shipped it and they lied about shipping times. They will lose. Also file the actual complaints with all the relevant organizations, state AG, FTC.
They won't show up to your lawsuit so you will automatically win. Then you hire a collections agency to get it for you.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:42:10 PM

Dear AMT,

I have supported you publicly against claims that your company was a scam.  I am not some forum crazy.  I have two orders with you for 1.2 Th/s miners that I paid over $12,000 U.S. for.  I also have orders of similar size with Black Arrow and Butterfly Labs - I am not a neophyte who has unreasonable expectations.

There are only two things that I ask for from any company that I do a pre-order with: (1) a delivery date or date range, and (2) if you cannot meet your original delivery date promises, provide a revised delivery date and timely and complete updates as soon as you have information that indicates that you may not meet those delivery dates.  In fact, these requirements are law in the United States.    16 C.F.R. 435 (especially 435.2(b)).  For a serious delay, a refund needs to be offered.  This is NOT a consumer friendly law either.  It was essentially drafted by the Direct Marketing Association and adopted by the FTC to displace state laws that were more aggressive (pro-consumer).  So, it is an absolute minimum that AMT (and other companies selling pre-orders) should be able to follow this rule.

The FTC Guide explains further what must be provided in the event of a delay:

"If you cannot ship the merchandise by the definite revised shipment date included in your most recent delay option notice, before that date you must seek the consent of your customers to any further delay. You must do this by providing customers a "renewed" delay option notice. A renewed delay option notice is similar in many ways to the first delay option notice. One important difference: the customer’s silence may not be treated as a consent to delay.

A renewed delay option notice must include:

a new definite revised shipment date or, if unknown, a statement that you are unable to provide any date;
a statement that, if the customer chooses not to wait, the customer can cancel the order immediately and obtain a full and prompt refund;
a statement that, unless you receive notice that the customer agrees to wait beyond the most recent definite revised shipment date and you have not shipped by then, the customer’s order automatically will be cancelled and a prompt refund will be provided; and
some means for the customer to inform you at your expense (e.g., by providing a postage prepaid reply card or toll-free telephone number) whether the customer agrees to the delay or is canceling the order.
the following information when you cannot provide a new definite revised shipping date:
the reason for the delay, and
a statement that, if the customer agrees to the indefinite delay, the customer may cancel the order any time until you ship.
If you have provided an appropriate and timely delay option notice and the customer agrees to an indefinite revised shipment date, no additional delay notices are required."

See the Guide at: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

I want to reiterate that I am very reasonable, as I expect are most of your customers.  The following is all that anyone reasonable should want.  It is what any respectable company that takes pre-orders should provide, and it is what we are entitled to under the FTC mail order rule.  At its heart, the FTC rule is about communication and timely options if there are unanticipated problems.  I (we) just want to know what is going on, and AMT's silence in the face of what is now missed delivery dates (including some where AMT said it shipped, but no one has received product yet) is not providing me with a great deal of confidence.

Here is what I am asking AMT to do for me, and for all its other pre-orders that are delayed:

(1) Please provide formal revised absolutely guaranteed delivery date commitments for each of my two orders.

(2) If you cannot do that (if the delivery dates are uncertain because you are still working out issues), then a full and complete explanation of where you are at, what problems remain, and what steps you are taking.  With pictures to provide and back up the story (which I am willing to entertain if there is some real problem you are working on that could not have been anticipated).  In this case we need best guess timelines, and real, complete, information because you are (according to the FTC rule) asking us to wait an undefined period of time.  I would also want to see a clear picture of AMT's ability to complete this project: financially, and from a management perspective (who owns AMT, what commitment and investment is there that guarantees the obligations of AMT).

(3) If the delay is likely to be more than a few weeks, you must provide for a refund option.  In practical terms, I personally would rather have my miner but if the delay is substantial you need to offer the refund under the FTC rule (really, you need to provide this in any delay, but in practical terms a short delay of a week or less and I don't think anyone would care if that were the extent of it).  You can also offer some incentives for us to stick with you through the delay - increased mining capacity, 2 for 1, etc. depending on the delay but in that case I would expect to really understand what is going on and why you are so late (and why you said you were delivering 1.2 Th/s product when you in fact did not send any out to my knowledge).  

These required options and information should be sent to each customer individually.  

These are not unreasonable requests.  And they are required.  Please do the right thing and make me (and the rest of your disheartened but still hopeful) customers believe in you again.

Best regards,

[signature]

If you  

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:49:11 PM

do you know what got their attention? my ripoffreport post. when you google amt miners for some reason that website pops up first page. they do not want the bad publicity. here is the thing... josh is trying to make me sound like im being unreasonable. all i wanted was an update! i just wanted Josh to tell me when my miner would be coming and why it was so damn late. he would NOT do it. I have exchanged a LOT of emails with AMT today. They also did not like the idea of me filing a complaint with the FTC.

Let me tell you what AMT thinks. AMT believes we are dumb consumers who made purchases and now find ourselves in some predicament where we need the cash. Josh thinks I need the money because I have some kind of emergency. This could not be farther from the truth. At no point has it ever crossed AMT's mind that someone who gave them $6000 and never heard back from them might be concerned. No No... the dumb people out there made purchases they couldn't afford. AMT is doing nothing wrong. They are working their butts off only to please us. We should be thankful for all the hard work AMT is bestowing on us. I asked Josh if he looked down on everyone or just the people he takes money from.

These guys are so far detached from reality its disturbing. Alyssa sent me an email saying they have issued me a refund.

You know what pissed me off the most today? Josh told me i should "have a heart" when it comes to the reputation of his company. You know what that tells me? He has learned nothing from the months of begging for information I have done. It means nothing to AMT how much stress he has created for others. All he can think about is himself and/or his reputation. Did it ever cross that mind of his that "GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE ALWAYS PAYS OUT IN THE END". he didnt issue (supposedly) me a refund because he felt it was the right thing to do. He is giving me a refund to shut me up. what is wrong with AMT? How could someone so fucking stupid be running this company? How could there be more than 1 idiot responsible for the financial well being of AMT miners? These guys will not make it to the end of the year. This attitude of theirs will show itself in the quality of product they put out. Im just glad I am not getting a miner because I'm afraid of all the trouble i would have trying to get it to run. these guys do not care about you at all - not one bit. i'm done man... put a fork in me.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:07:05 PM

Then you hire a collections agency to get it for you.

Maybe this would be a cheaper alternative?  Can we hire a collections agency that is local?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:31:10 PM

The Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General complaint can be filed here

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/complaints.aspx?id=451

with enough reports I'm sure they will start an investigation.

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: