Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:06:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:38:53 PM

go for a PSU that is at least 600W and you will be able to get an extra 20GH from your antminers. (equal to mining an extra 0.2-0.3BTC and well worth it)

get a single 12V rail with 550W on it. PSUs with 2 rails are a pain in the ass because you cant run an antminer using just the pci-e cables (usually the 12V2 rail) and need to also use the ATX mobo connection (usually the 12V1 rail)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:58:05 PM

WWAN not accepting remote login
the eth1(WAN) setup fine, luci & SSH login fine.
I set additional Wifi(WWAN) & firewall(WAN/WWAN), the internet link is fine & hashing can confirm by pool. how ever I can not get login if only wifi is connected. both web page (luci) & ssh login did not have response from antminer.
anyone have idea? Huh

I have no idea, but if it's any consolation, myself and others have run into similar behavior with the WWAN interface.

I've not been able to properly configure the WWAN's on any of my Antminers Sad Afraid I'm going to hose the network settings and not be able to get back into the device if I screw something up while troubleshooting Sad

Seeing the same as you; not able to access config over WIFI, only via WAN.

I have a couple of the next batch of Antminers on order that I understand now have a factory reset button - I'll troubleshoot further once I have that safety net available.

Same problem, although I have found that wrt doesn't like having both wireless and Ethernet on the same subnet but even with different subnets the problem still occurs.

in case you miss my update, my wifi/WWAN login did works (back to live) after I power-off and power-on cycle.
but seems using REBOOT command(ssh) or bottom(web UI) would not enough.

I have tried with a power cycle, and did it again just in case I screwed it up first time, I just end up timing out at the Lua LuCi Interface black screen before you can login. Would you care to share your /etc/config/network file?

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
FreeGiz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:08:59 PM

I set additional Wifi(WWAN) & firewall(WAN/WWAN), the internet link is fine & hashing can confirm by pool. how ever I can not get login if only wifi is connected. both web page (luci) & ssh login did not have response from antminer.
anyone have idea? Huh

I have no idea, but if it's any consolation, myself and others have run into similar behavior with the WWAN interface.

I've not been able to properly configure the WWAN's on any of my Antminers Sad Afraid I'm going to hose the network settings and not be able to get back into the device if I screw something up while troubleshooting Sad

I have a couple of the next batch of Antminers on order that I understand now have a factory reset button - I'll troubleshoot further once I have that safety net available.

Same problem, although I have found that wrt doesn't like having both wireless and Ethernet on the same subnet but even with different subnets the problem still occurs.

in case you miss my update, my wifi/WWAN login did works (back to live) after I power-off and power-on cycle.

I have tried with a power cycle, and did it again just in case I screwed it up first time, I just end up timing out at the Lua LuCi Interface black screen before you can login. Would you care to share your /etc/config/network file?

I am currently under eth1, maybe later by PM.

another hint, I found that I need to apply hostname of WIFI interface to make my router always assign same ip for antminer.
ineedit

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:49:00 PM

anyone have idea? Huh

I am currently under eth1, maybe later by PM.

another hint, I found that I need to apply hostname of WIFI interface to make my router always assign same ip for antminer.
Thanks for the PM.

Your network config file is far simpler than mine, I will try it later as there is nothing in it that should cause any problems but I want to prove that I can reset the Ant to default and always be able to get to it.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
kmarei

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:57:57 PM

Question about the power supplies
I have a whole bunch of 300w power supplies extra at work
I was thinking I use 1 300w power supply per blade
So for my 1 antminers, I would use 4 of these power supplies?

What's the current draw per blade?
So I check they have enough power on the 12v line

Don't really care about power efficiency as our lease agreement at work includes unlimited power Smiley
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:06:46 PM

Don't really care about power efficiency as our lease agreement at work includes unlimited power Smiley

No.

I had been provided some no-name thermaltake 600w for each blade... 5 of them have burnt out so far. Please don't skimp on the PSU. Why would you spend 2k+ on a miner and not the extra $20 bucks to get a quality psu?
CroverNo01

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:53:50 PM

Hi,

Need some help both my miners have now lost there IP due to a new router being put in.

I have tried multi subnets with IP scanner and still can't find either.

Is there a way to rest these back to default ?

Thanks
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:21:40 PM

Hi,

Need some help both my miners have now lost there IP due to a new router being put in.

Thanks

Is your router setup the same as your last one?  192.168.x.1?

If your previous router was reached at 192.168.1.1 for example, you're going to need your new router to be accessible at 192.168.1.1 this is a result of how the WAN setting for the Ants are done.  When you set them up, you specified the gateway as whatever your old routers IP was (192.168.1.1 in my example), if you get a new router and it's not on that same IP then the miners won't be able to reach it.

As far as a reset, if you got your miners in the 2nd or 3rd GB (or later), there should be a small round button on the small PCB that has the ethernet jack on it and various ribbon cables.  Look on the bottom of that small board, on the end where the ribbon cables are.  I believe the procedure is to power on the miner with that button held down for a minimum of 10 seconds.  I've never done it, so I con't know if there is a beep or anything to let you know if it was a success.

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
kmarei

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:01:09 PM

No.

I had been provided some no-name thermaltake 600w for each blade... 5 of them have burnt out so far. Please don't skimp on the PSU. Why would you spend 2k+ on a miner and not the extra $20 bucks to get a quality psu?

I'm not trying to skimp
I would have preferred using individual power supplies so if any power supply goes down
Only one blade is affected
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:32:41 PM

It's around 15 amps per blade. I'm not sure what happens when you only power one blade. The controller board is mounted to one of the blades, and probably powered from it; if that one is unpowered the entire rig is very likely down.
arphon

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:38:51 PM

For those who are interested in wi-fi solutions, I used an AirTies 4310 to connect my antminer to wi-fi network.

http://s28.postimg.org/lm2in1fdl/22222.jpg

I first set up my miner by connecting it  directly to modem/switch by  ethernet cable.  I didn't fiddle with the wi-fi network settings on antminer web gui page.
So When the below setup steps completed, antminer ran on normal ethernet cable settings actually.

complete the setup while 4310 is connected to your modem/switch via Ethernet cable and do not pull it out till the end of step 3.
You might have to press "AirTouch" button on 4310  during the setup if you're installing network assistant on win7.
It might take you a while till you get this done right  and see 4310 on network assistant's network structure.

You should see the images below in the network assistant window :

1. Refresh until you can see 4310 in the network structure.

http://s27.postimg.org/lpped56a7/image.jpg  

2. Click on the 4310 image to open the context menu. Select "Advanced Settings". You may be asked to enter a password. try blank if you didn't set it up before.

http://s15.postimg.org/w7iws8fzb/image.jpg

3. You will see window for advanced settings opened. Select Wireless Settings sub menu under  WIRELESS on the left.
Change operation mode to "Universal repeater".  then hit the "Refresh AP list" button. Find your wireless network on list.
Click on it. Enter the password and connect to it. After you see "connected" on the line of your wi-fi network,
pull out the ethernet cable  from the modem/switch and plug it in the antminer.

http://s30.postimg.org/qovqu0kkt/image.jpg

AntMiner Alternate Wi-Fi Mining

http://s24.postimg.org/a8a7ae5dt/009_wifi_bridge.jpg http://s9.postimg.org/d4vj990fv/010_wifi_bridge_box.jpg http://s17.postimg.org/a2ui6eyy3/011_builtin_Ethernet.jpg http://s22.postimg.org/4upnr48cd/012_bandwidth_Use_24hours.jpg

Even though the Bitmain AntMiner supports built-in Wi-Fi mining, to get the best out of the miner while running Wi-Fi at home, here is an easy solution for you and we tested it for over 24-hours and so far it’s working.

You can use any similar items to make it work.  We picked readily available item at the US BestBuy Sotre.  Netgear Model#: WNCE2001-100NAS.  (Price was $49.99)

If you happens to be living in a dorm, apartment or wherever you can only access to the internet via Wi-Fi, this will make the Bitmain Antminer believe it’s connected to the wired Ethernet and this will not stress the miner.  

Bandwidth use during the last 24-hours or more like 36 hours happened to be RX: 38.86 MB (161800 Pkts.) & TX: 14.68 MB (105524 Pkts.)

We purchased the above item to test it out with the Bitmain AntMiner and it worked!

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:40:43 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 11:26:22 PM by smooth

Anyone else have this much variance?  Is it a firmware issue?

Very similar issue here. Two ants, one with approx 0 "HW" errors, the other with ~1.5% error rate using the formula posted above. In my case the hash rate on the one with the errors is slightly lower, but still within spec.

Temperatures are similar, no overclocking, etc.
CroverNo01

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:03:54 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Is your router setup the same as your last one?  192.168.x.1?

If your previous router was reached at 192.168.1.1 for example, you're going to need your new router to be accessible at 192.168.1.1 this is a result of how the WAN setting for the Ants are done.  When you set them up, you specified the gateway as whatever your old routers IP was (192.168.1.1 in my example), if you get a new router and it's not on that same IP then the miners won't be able to reach it.

As far as a reset, if you got your miners in the 2nd or 3rd GB (or later), there should be a small round button on the small PCB that has the ethernet jack on it and various ribbon cables.  Look on the bottom of that small board, on the end where the ribbon cables are.  I believe the procedure is to power on the miner with that button held down for a minimum of 10 seconds.  I've never done it, so I con't know if there is a beep or anything to let you know if it was a success.

Sadly my miners are from group buy 1 and 2 and do not carry the button Sad

My router is the same address but I set both miners to connect via WIFI before I changed over and tested as I had zero downtime and now I can't see them

My network goes - Router 192.168.1.1 - Acesss point 1 on VLAN 2 192.168.3.1 - Access point 2 on VLAN 2 192.168.10.253 - Then both miners are attached via WIFI

1 miner is actually running while the other is not but I still can't even see the miner that is workings IP all the way though my network even via Wireshark

Any ideas total puzzled
kmarei

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:39:23 AM

It's around 15 amps per blade. I'm not sure what happens when you only power one blade. The controller board is mounted to one of the blades, and probably powered from it; if that one is unpowered the entire rig is very likely down.

No I mean I use one 300w power supply for blade 1
One 300w power supply for blade 2 and controller

And the same for the second antminer
So 4 x 300w power supplies

Most 300w power supplies put out more than 15A
So, in theory, it's a valid setup
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:06:28 PM

No I mean I use one 300w power supply for blade 1
One 300w power supply for blade 2 and controller

And the same for the second antminer
So 4 x 300w power supplies

Most 300w power supplies put out more than 15A
So, in theory, it's a valid setup

of the 300W, how much 12V? you need about 16-20A of 12V per blade if not overclocked, and 20-24A per blade if overclocked

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
bkc888

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:42:04 AM

I got my Bitmain today and it looks like a 5 year-old was in charge of putting on WAYYY to much thermal paste and it leaked through the boards to the chips.

Thermal Paste got EVERYWHERE

WTF do i do?

kmarei

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:20:48 AM

of the 300W, how much 12V? you need about 16-20A of 12V per blade if not overclocked, and 20-24A per blade if overclocked

Scratch that Smiley
Just found a bunch of hp server power supplies
82.3 amps on 12 volt line Smiley
So one power supply per antminer s1 system

Interesting thing about the specs
At 110v the 12v line only puts out 70A, while drawing 10 amps from the wall socket
But at 220v it puts out 82.3 amps, and drawing 6.7amos from wall socket

Good thing I have both options in the server room Smiley

FYI the power supply is model DPS-800GBA
ineedit

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:44:56 AM

I got my Bitmain today and it looks like a 5 year-old was in charge of putting on WAYYY to much thermal paste and it leaked through the boards to the chips.

Thermal Paste got EVERYWHERE

WTF do i do?

Don't power it up, just clean the extra paste off with alcohol wipes such as a screen clean wipe, dry and then power up.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 07:21:42 AM

Or you could remove the heatsink and clear all the existing thermal paste and reapply a proper amount of high quality brand thermal paste.

bkc888

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:31:11 PM

I sshed into my bitmain via putty and now I cant change the freq file.

Error is permission denied. Any ideas?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: