Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 [2090] 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:35:19 AM

I make a lot of assumptions? In this case I see ONE assumption. I wont speculate on the exact amount, but I make a eduated guesstimate above 10M

Yes, you make a lot of assumptions.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:38:04 AM

No it directly critized Justabit and Nifty and portrayed them as working for this charity. They aren't working for this charity at all, they used it as a marketing tool. Back in December we sent JustaBit and Nifty to the Bitcoin conference in Miami where they made a lot of connections and helped put NXT on the map and this is how they are to be repayed?
If someone had issues iwth it they should've taken it public, sending PMs to people to get their votes while lying is downright fuckedup.

Same strategy Salsacz used against me. He quote mined shit and said things out of context to make people uncertain about certain things, while at the same time chatting with me on Skype about the same things acting like nothing Smiley This community is far from healthy.
But I no longer give a fuck as it has become beyond evident for anyone with a average IQ

What are you going to do?  I don't think people should talk behind other peoples' backs, but people are people.  This community is just as healthy as any other community.  Some people just aren't going to get along.

This statement makes 0% sense. You can't just say "oh this community is as healthy as any other community because they are both communities!"
We're talking about shady people using disgusting strategies to get in control of the marketing fund. That's pretty bad.

I know you own a lot of NXT so you want to downplay anything that could cause NXT to implode, but ignoring reality is not the way to go. I've talked to several good founders about this and they all agree and are sick of hoarders themselves.

Welcome to politics. If something is being voted on this is the kind of shit that happens. It's a candidates job to prepare and counter.
Sorry you lost the election.

Haha brush it under the rug as "politics", haha what a great community.
And no, I did not intend to counter at all. I was nominated and volunteered because I've been one of the main NXT proponents for 3 months and because I wanted to make sure the hardworkers of NXT get what they deserve; ACTUAL PAY.

I don't give a flying fuck if I'm in the committee or not. What I am saying is that if this shit keeps going then NXT is going to die. I've warned of this for over a month now and nothing has happened. No new devs, no new bounties, no new anything and we just lost 2 of our most important marketers to this bullshit.

What do you want us to do?  Redo the election?  We didn't tell them to bad mouth anyone.

There was just a 3-5 million NXT bounty by a large stakeholder.  What more do you want?

No, I no longer care.
The 3-5 million NXT bounty JUST happened and it is very specific to a handful of people. Which is fine.
But it doesn't in any shape way or form show that any of what I've said is wrong.

But hey, keep ignoring the cancer in the community and soon big things will demolish all of NXT.
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:38:18 AM

All the message said was that marketing funds shouldn't be used on charity.
I agree with this.  We can't save the world. ....
- I 100% agree with this too.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:39:18 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 09:50:38 AM by BrianNowhere

I don't give a flying fuck if I'm in the committee or not. What I am saying is that if this shit keeps going then NXT is going to die. I've warned of this for over a month now and nothing has happened. No new devs, no new bounties, no new anything and we just lost 2 of our most important marketers to this bullshit.

Now you are just talking out of your ass. I saw two developers today volunteer their services and they weren't whining about not getting paid, they just wanted to be a part of it. Wesleyh has created an amazing client, which is the #1 thing keeping me around right now.

If the marketers who didn't win stop marketing because they didn't get tapped for a civic duty type job then they were probably doing it for the wrong reasons. Seems to me you yourself were hoping to get elected so you could benefit financially from your position. Whoever you helped "get paid" would have been in your debt. Personally I'm glad you didn't win and won't miss you if you go. No one here owes you anything.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:39:33 AM

What about recently news BTC-E adding Nxt?

There were news? Someone asked in the trollbox and admin's response was: "No. It is not an altcoin".
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:40:12 AM

FinCEN getting involved in cryptocurrency is a huge blow to Bitcoin in the US and NXT as well.   If NXT implements NXTcash as a truly anonymous transfer service, we can expect FinCen to arrest James as a terrorist.

I am only partially joking.
will I get internet access from jail?

James is a machine Grin
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:40:37 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

and watch when that 85% is running to the exit (which they eventualy will do soon), omg that door will be much to small! Cheesy

Weren't you supposed to sell your 100 million NXT a couple weeks ago?

busy with that.

you retards do not seem to understand it take alot of work and time to sell 100M specialy when noone is interested to buy. market is so thin i would kill nxt over and over and scare every one away (that would make me the bagholder)

it will take months to sell all unless i dump 50 to 60 times but than price will go to zero every time

I don't see any NXT moving out of the large accounts.  What's your account number?

whales nxt sitting on exchange for ages now so you wont see movement what you see is left over

how can you see movement when nooone is buying?
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:41:19 AM

No it directly critized Justabit and Nifty and portrayed them as working for this charity. They aren't working for this charity at all, they used it as a marketing tool. Back in December we sent JustaBit and Nifty to the Bitcoin conference in Miami where they made a lot of connections and helped put NXT on the map and this is how they are to be repayed?
If someone had issues iwth it they should've taken it public, sending PMs to people to get their votes while lying is downright fuckedup.

Same strategy Salsacz used against me. He quote mined shit and said things out of context to make people uncertain about certain things, while at the same time chatting with me on Skype about the same things acting like nothing Smiley This community is far from healthy.
But I no longer give a fuck as it has become beyond evident for anyone with a average IQ

What are you going to do?  I don't think people should talk behind other peoples' backs, but people are people.  This community is just as healthy as any other community.  Some people just aren't going to get along.

This statement makes 0% sense. You can't just say "oh this community is as healthy as any other community because they are both communities!"
We're talking about shady people using disgusting strategies to get in control of the marketing fund. That's pretty bad.

I know you own a lot of NXT so you want to downplay anything that could cause NXT to implode, but ignoring reality is not the way to go. I've talked to several good founders about this and they all agree and are sick of hoarders themselves.

Welcome to politics. If something is being voted on this is the kind of shit that happens. It's a candidates job to prepare and counter.

And no, I did not intend to counter at all. I was nominated and volunteered because I've been one of the main NXT proponents for 3 months and because I wanted to make sure the hardworkers of NXT get what they deserve; ACTUAL PAY.

What do you want us to do?  Redo the election?  We didn't tell them to bad mouth anyone.

There was just a 3-5 million NXT bounty by a large stakeholder.  What more do you want?

No, I no longer care.
The 3-5 million NXT bounty JUST happened and it is very specific to a handful of people. Which is fine.
But it doesn't in any shape way or form show that any of what I've said is wrong.

But hey, keep ignoring the cancer in the community and soon big things will demolish all of NXT.

I'm not sure what I'm ignoring, but ok.

You're always going to have people in a community that don't get along or that do something that the others don't agree with.  I don't condone spreading lies or talking behind peoples' backs.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Eadeqa

Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:41:35 AM

It depends on how much currency they control.  NXT is currently susceptible to 51% currency attacks because TF isn't fully implemented yet.  If someone is able to control 51% of the currency currently forging, they can attack NXT.

The probability that someone is going to buy that many Nxt (51%) then attack the network destroying his own wealth is close to zero. And what happens to Nxt prices if someone starts buying that many Nxt? It will cost much more than the current 0.05 cents to get to 51%

It's just theoretical possibility but really irrelevant concern. 

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Emule

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:41:42 AM

FinCEN getting involved in cryptocurrency is a huge blow to Bitcoin in the US and NXT as well.   If NXT implements NXTcash as a truly anonymous transfer service, we can expect FinCen to arrest James as a terrorist.

I am only partially joking.
will I get internet access from jail?

James is a machine Grin

looking forward to first delivery of that machine Grin

bla bla bla
Emule

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:42:25 AM

+1
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:43:45 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

and watch when that 85% is running to the exit (which they eventualy will do soon), omg that door will be much to small! Cheesy

busy with that.

you retards do not seem to understand it take alot of work and time to sell 100M specialy when noone is interested to buy. market is so thin i would kill nxt over and over and scare every one away (that would make me the bagholder)

it will take months to sell all unless i dump 50 to 60 times but than price will go to zero every time

I don't see any NXT moving out of the large accounts.  What's your account number?

whales nxt sitting on exchange for ages now so you wont see movement what you see is left over

Transfer NXT back into your account and show us.

BTW, the exchange accounts don't have 100 million NXT.  They have close to 50 million NXT total.  Where is your other 50 million NXT?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Emule

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:46:51 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

busy with that.

Transfer NXT back into your account and show us.

Cheesy Cheesy

ok now i see you are just a kid so i wont call you retarded much to learn so naive
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:46:59 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 07:25:53 AM by abctc

All  clients should have password management system.  The client should generate cryptographically secure passwords and save them on hard disk in wallet.dat  ...
- I'm strongly disagree with this. This feature should be an option.

BCNext made brain wallet in Nxt on purpose. Russian government says, that those, who use any crypto, is a terrorist.

So wallet.dat is a proof that you have account in Nxt, so you are terrorist. Whilst brain wallet mean that you do not leave any trace on your hard disk.

█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:47:48 AM

Guys what about the distribution?
Somebody was revealing top 60 accounts holdings spreadsheet a month ago for a week or so. Did the distribution change any since? It is well obvious that we have whales unloading and keeping the price down for last couple of weeks.
It would be interesting to see these distribution numbers at the moment.

Ok, here's the current NXT distribution as of today.

As you can see, it's pretty horrible. The whales rule almost 85% of the whole coin, and I guess most of them are the initial investors.

Excluding the ~85% of the total NXT the whales have, here's the distribution of the remaining 15%:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Speaking of which, aren't YOU one of THEM?

(and go to hell PIE fatsos)
Eadeqa

Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:50:53 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

busy with that.

Why the fuck do you keep responding to him?

It's well known the guy doesn't own more than few thousand Nxt

Move on

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:51:44 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

busy with that.

Move on

Sorry.  I was bored.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:55:13 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

busy with that.

Move on

Exactly do not respond to an idiot and he will stop it. He is feeding of your posts!
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:56:36 AM

What is an ETA for Wesleys one click installer client? This is an absolute priority.
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:57:35 AM

It depends on how much currency they control.  NXT is currently susceptible to 51% currency attacks because TF isn't fully implemented yet.  If someone is able to control 51% of the currency currently forging, they can attack NXT.

The probability that someone is going to buy that many Nxt (51%) then attack the network destroying his own wealth is close to zero. And what happens to Nxt prices if someone starts buying that many Nxt? It will cost much more than the current 0.05 cents to get to 51%

It's just theoretical possibility but really irrelevant concern. 

The same kinds of things are said about Bitcoin's 51% attack vulnerability. We're supposed to be assured by the "unlikelihood" that a mining pool owner would go against their self interest to double-spend. Ignores the fact that some people just want to see the world burn, or there may be a larger financial reward waiting for the person who destroys Bitcoin.

Just because something is unlikely is not really good enough when you are talking about a financial system.  NXT's competitors are considering these types of things and so should we.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
Pages: « 1 ... 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 [2090] 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: