Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:44:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 [2091] 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:57:40 AM

Yes please and stop quoting that piece of sh*t

Ignore him.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:59:50 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 10:16:09 AM by bitcoinpaul

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=506298.0

Did anyone see this yet?...hopefully nobody has easy to know passwords...

The dictionary approach for passwords is, in my opinion, a bad idea. No Nxt client should use something like that. It pretends security for the average user.

For the nxt client devs: Just implement an automatic password generator (with mouse movement maybe?) and use an encrypted (with a password made by the user) wallet file for local storage of the accounts.

edit:

BCNext made brain wallet in Nxt on purpose. Russian government says, that those, who use any crypto, is a terrorist.

So wallet.dat is a proof that you have account in Nxt, so you are terrorist. Whilst brain wallet mean that you do not leave any trace on your hard disk.

Ok, then make it a prominent option.
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:59:56 AM

What is an ETA for Wesleys one click installer client? This is an absolute priority.

The client is there and working perfect, tested it over and over.

I think it will be integrated by J-L in the first new version that comes out.

zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:00:03 AM

No it directly critized Justabit and Nifty and portrayed them as working for this charity. They aren't working for this charity at all, they used it as a marketing tool. Back in December we sent JustaBit and Nifty to the Bitcoin conference in Miami where they made a lot of connections and helped put NXT on the map and this is how they are to be repayed?
If someone had issues iwth it they should've taken it public, sending PMs to people to get their votes while lying is downright fuckedup.

Same strategy Salsacz used against me. He quote mined shit and said things out of context to make people uncertain about certain things, while at the same time chatting with me on Skype about the same things acting like nothing Smiley This community is far from healthy.
But I no longer give a fuck as it has become beyond evident for anyone with a average IQ

What are you going to do?  I don't think people should talk behind other peoples' backs, but people are people.  This community is just as healthy as any other community.  Some people just aren't going to get along.

This statement makes 0% sense. You can't just say "oh this community is as healthy as any other community because they are both communities!"
We're talking about shady people using disgusting strategies to get in control of the marketing fund. That's pretty bad.

I know you own a lot of NXT so you want to downplay anything that could cause NXT to implode, but ignoring reality is not the way to go. I've talked to several good founders about this and they all agree and are sick of hoarders themselves.

Welcome to politics. If something is being voted on this is the kind of shit that happens. It's a candidates job to prepare and counter.
Sorry you lost the election.

Haha brush it under the rug as "politics", haha what a great community.
And no, I did not intend to counter at all. I was nominated and volunteered because I've been one of the main NXT proponents for 3 months and because I wanted to make sure the hardworkers of NXT get what they deserve; ACTUAL PAY.

I don't give a flying fuck if I'm in the committee or not. What I am saying is that if this shit keeps going then NXT is going to die. I've warned of this for over a month now and nothing has happened. No new devs, no new bounties, no new anything and we just lost 2 of our most important marketers to this bullshit.

What do you want us to do?  Redo the election?  We didn't tell them to bad mouth anyone.

There was just a 3-5 million NXT bounty by a large stakeholder.  What more do you want?

Exactly he did offer a bounty but he also asked that we implement such features that if we succeed to implement them value of NXT will go up 1000 times. So not bad, you give 10% and you watch your wealth increase up by 1000 times. Pretty selfish if you are asking me.
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 10:00:38 AM

All  clients should have password management system.  The client should generate cryptographically secure passwords and save them on hard disk in wallet.dat  ...
- I'm strongly disagree with this. This feature should be an option.

BCNext made brain wallet in Nxt on purpose. Russian government says, that those, who use any crypto, is a terrorist.

So wallet.dat is a proof that you have account in Nxt, so you are terrorist. Whilst brain wallet mean that you do not leave any trace on your hard disk.

It's a very good argument but then make password management the default with a way to opt into brain wallet only at your own risk.

Too many newbs think they can get away with a weak password not realizing there's pretty much 100% certainty of being hacked if you do so.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:01:12 AM

What if we only can lease a maximum of 50% of our nxt forging power (or x% amount)? This would help get a low standard deviation for forging fee while if someone want its full forging power for all his nxt, he would still have to run a node.

You are assuming it was "part of the plan" to have a very large number of people running nodes.

The "plan" as far I as understand it now was to have a relatively small number of "super nodes" controlling the network.

The vision of Nxt is/was really to compete with Ripple rather than with anything else.

I don't know if his idea is a good idea. Could we discuss possible routes and the implications for Nxt, please.
zorke

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:01:54 AM

What is an ETA for Wesleys one click installer client? This is an absolute priority.

Yes but is it a one click installer for new people?

If we have that than we need to push it and market it to the newcomers.
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:03:02 AM

I make a lot of assumptions? In this case I see ONE assumption. I wont speculate on the exact amount, but I make a eduated guesstimate above 10M

Yes, you make a lot of assumptions.

Sorry, had to post this.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 10:06:48 AM

I don't know if his idea is a good idea. Could we discuss possible routes and the implications for Nxt, please.

In my opinion the concept of TF is mostly a good one (i.e. to get a very large tx throughput) so I would think that the first thing is for the community to decide whether it agrees with that or not (all other decisions really depend upon this one).

If as a community with think it's more important to have people forging with Raspberry Pis then we would be scrapping TF altogether (realistically it is *one or the other* even though marketing people want to have both).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:11:42 AM

Ok, here's the current NXT distribution as of today.

https://i.imgur.com/Idzj6lQ.png

As you can see, it's pretty horrible. The whales rule almost 85% of the whole coin, and I guess most of them are the initial investors.

Excluding the ~85% of the total NXT the whales have, here's the distribution of the remaining 15%:

https://i.imgur.com/nSwqIuM.png

Many coins are on exchanges. People don't know how to use a client so they leave there NXT on them.

We don't know what the actual distribution is.
marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:12:36 AM

In my opinion the concept of TF is mostly a good one (i.e. to get a very large tx throughput) so I would think that the first thing is for the community to decide whether it agrees with that or not (all other decisions really depend upon this one).

If as a community with think it's more important to have people forging with Raspberry Pis then we would be scrapping TF altogether (realistically it is *one or the other* even though marketing people want to have both).

Apart from ruling out Raspberry PIs, do you have a more generic idea about the hardware/network requirements TF would impose on forging nodes?
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:13:04 AM

Yeah i know it is not fair.

The people that post here and working their ass of should be the real millionaires or at least big stake holders.

if nobody give them bounty, rewards, donation they leave coz they have no goal to be any longer and help out or work.

This is what will kill nxt people don’t care any more and good people leaving like uniqourn, justabit, nifty and so many others that left.

So I think if founders will any profit they have to start working themselves or donate to the workers.

Either way nxt will die coz of disinterest of the founders and the workers look at me for example, I am getting rich by doing nothing this is not right.

I just have to sell my daily nxt (which is hard coz i have no buyers)
zorke

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:13:44 AM

Guys what about the distribution?
Somebody was revealing top 60 accounts holdings spreadsheet a month ago for a week or so. Did the distribution change any since? It is well obvious that we have whales unloading and keeping the price down for last couple of weeks.
It would be interesting to see these distribution numbers at the moment.

As you can see, it's pretty horrible. The whales rule almost 85% of the whole coin, and I guess most of them are the initial investors.

Excluding the ~85% of the total NXT the whales have, here's the distribution of the remaining 15%:

Yes this does look bad.

Like I sad in my previous post last night they better start sharing this wealth or there is a possibility that they might take their millions of NXT in the near future and shove them up their ass, because it might worth that much. You guys don't get me wrong I would hate to see this happening because I like this project, but I am smart enough to see that the NXT project is currently in a sort of crisis.

Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:13:46 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Idzj6lQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/nSwqIuM.png

Many coins are on exchanges. People don't know how to use a client so they leave there NXT on them.

We don't know what the actual distribution is.

yes we do but lets ignore it Cheesy
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:15:30 AM

Asset Exchange Enhancement Proposal

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FsyumJLmQ9ckLNkHlmW1oPRGOoK3oAg_pVjFz3s0fNw/edit?usp=sharing

With even more feedback, some have suggested that perhaps relying on an external website is not good (although it *should* be secure, perhaps someone can find a way to abuse this?)

With this in mind, I added slides 5-7 to show how this could be done without external URLs, only using Aliases. NXT already provides all the tools needed for this to work, clients just have to be able to interpret it. If people think this is a good idea, hopefully we can have a discussion going on the standard formatting.

IMO, this is important because it removes the ability of squatters to hold important asset names at ransom from the community.

Pandaisftw

Hey there. Just wanted you to know I liked your platform and voted for you. Sorry you didn't get in.

Thanks for the kind words. I did not campaign when I saw the list of people on the infrastructure committee were all much more talented than me. I know some of them personally, and I am sure they will do a great job to ensure that NXT will have proper funding for any infrastructure related projects.

With regards to the recent discussions, I think that everyone should probably take a step back and not get too emotional. I volunteer my time because I believe that NXT represents the future of cryptocurrency, not as a coin, but as a cryptoplatform. I don't expect to get paid (but a big thank you to the anonymous donators!) because what I do will only help increase the value of my stake. Also a hint to all those who feel that "nothing" is going on and NXT is "stagnating": there is actually a lot going on, but it gets forgotten easily within 10 pages of this mega-thread. James is right, even if you cannot program, there are tons of other projects to be involved in - and not all of them "community" oriented. There are business projects like NMAC or DGEX that released shares recently. This is pretty exciting, and I only expect that as time goes on, more and more companies, founded by members of this community, will pop up because the AE provides an extremely low barrier of entry.

So if you have a good idea, try to find a good group of like-minded people, and execute it. If you're still looking for ideas, volunteering to help out with community projects is really a good way to start. Try to break the AE on the testnet, and post your results. You can even think of new ways to contribute that no one else has. I sometimes have crazy ideas myself, but they are all in the name of improving NXT Wink

Pandaisftw

NXT: 13095091276527367030
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 10:16:32 AM

Apart from ruling out Raspberry PIs, do you have a more generic idea about the hardware/network requirements TF would impose on forging nodes?

It's going to come down to just how many txs we are wanting to process per minute (and you should think of it has per minute rather than per second as your transactions still have to be put into blocks).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:18:42 AM

That is exactly what I mean.

But we need a discussion about what that means for Nxt as a whole, for the value, for the decentralization aspect, for marketing (decentralization, raspberryPis, ...), for what ever. I don't know.

It is a major decision.
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:20:06 AM

good news, I have lobbied to add NXT on https://www.litebit.eu/

NXT will be ADDED NEXT WEEK !!!!

this is big becausse you can buy NXT with mistercash, ideal, etc...

this is a new gateway to fiat also. MARKETING, GO PROMOTE IT PLS

Pin

NXT: 12088507821025750338

Good news NXT is added. you can buy and sell NXT for fiat here:

https://www.litebit.eu/en/

a second gateway to gold and silver will be added next week:

http://www.bitgild.com/

I have put a lot of hours in NXT but donations are disappointing. Sad

NXT: 12088507821025750338

Have you seen their markup? If you buy 10,000NXT it will cost you $555,20.  Roll Eyes
That's about 20-25% above market price.

Great that initiatives are deployed, but these prices are crazy if you ask me.

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:20:25 AM

It depends on how much currency they control.  NXT is currently susceptible to 51% currency attacks because TF isn't fully implemented yet.  If someone is able to control 51% of the currency currently forging, they can attack NXT.

The probability that someone is going to buy that many Nxt (51%) then attack the network destroying his own wealth is close to zero. And what happens to Nxt prices if someone starts buying that many Nxt? It will cost much more than the current 0.05 cents to get to 51%

It's just theoretical possibility but really irrelevant concern. 

That's the beauty of POS. An economical safety net against such attacks. With pools, we should have a great TF algo to compensate the partial loss of it.
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:20:38 AM

Yes but is it a one click installer for new people?

If we have that than we need to push it and market it to the newcomers.

Wesleyh has a windows app, just unzip and run.

You can even install it on USB stick and run it from there.

Pages: « 1 ... 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 [2091] 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: