Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 [2096] 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
Jerical13

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:35:49 PM

good news, I have lobbied to add NXT on https://www.litebit.eu/

NXT will be ADDED NEXT WEEK !!!!

this is big becausse you can buy NXT with mistercash, ideal, etc...

this is a new gateway to fiat also. MARKETING, GO PROMOTE IT PLS

Pin

NXT: 12088507821025750338

Good news NXT is added. you can buy and sell NXT for fiat here:

https://www.litebit.eu/en/

a second gateway to gold and silver will be added next week:

http://www.bitgild.com/

I have put a lot of hours in NXT but donations are disappointing. Sad

NXT: 12088507821025750338

Hell Yeah. Thanks Pin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:42:08 PM

I just had a bit of an overwhelming meeting with the outside investor.

He is the creator and owner of this/these projects:

https://www.trackprotect.com/
http://www.sustainsound.org/
http://www.rhosmovement.com/

Basically, he wants to use Nxt as a vehicle for his business and to power his system of distributing music.

I just spent two hours talking with him and he is immensely energetic and serious about this.

He sees the potential úse of Nxt and digital property and talks will continue.

From both a marketing perspective as a purely investment perspective, this could be a significant step forward for Nxt!

Music is the #1 attracting factor for users anywhere and we would be tapping into a worldwide userbase with these guys.

Even better is that his development cycle is almost finished already (I saw his already working product) and he is looking for a good "fit".

He is OK with me sharing this, because he wants to be open about his project. Have a look and see what it is all about.

As a musician and instrument maker myself +1 or +1440

And agreed... Music is pretty universal. It would be a huge attracting factor.

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:50:30 PM

Is the issue all about the speed of tx? If we want higher speed we have to use less nodes or hubs with better equipments. If we want lower speed we can have more small nodes running with cheaper equipments. How about security? Which one has more security for the network?

This could be more interesting when we consider the "parallel chains" idea.

Perhaps we can "have our cake and eat it to" by having say an NHS (NXT high speed) parallel chain that is only being forged by powerful hubs capable of handling huge amounts of TPM whilst the main part of the network could be forging standard NXT on low-grade hardware.

Smiley

so we get our security from the chain that everyone can access (since security is a function of the distribution of the stake) and our performance from a more specialized chain that wouldn't be very secure on its own but doesn't need to be since the security comes from the accessible chain. wow thats smart.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Jerical13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:56:14 PM

Ok, here's the current NXT distribution as of today.

https://i.imgur.com/Idzj6lQ.png

As you can see, it's pretty horrible. The whales rule almost 85% of the whole coin, and I guess most of them are the initial investors.

Excluding the ~85% of the total NXT the whales have, here's the distribution of the remaining 15%:

https://i.imgur.com/nSwqIuM.png

Many coins are on exchanges. People don't know how to use a client so they leave there NXT on them.

We don't know what the actual distribution is.

Very valid point.
Jerical13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:05:32 PM

What is an ETA for Wesleys one click installer client? This is an absolute priority.

The client is there and working perfect, tested it over and over.

I think it will be integrated by J-L in the first new version that comes out.

Yes but is it a one click installer for new people?

If we have that than we need to push it and market it to the newcomers.

Wesleyh has a windows app, just unzip and run.

You can even install it on USB stick and run it from there.

Wich makes me think, lets create some usb sticks with that app and hand them out to people.  marketing...

I don't know about this strategy Pin. I tried something similar a few years ago (ink pins with my business info printed on them). Didn't work out to well, could have spent the money more effectively. No one really cared about the branding on the pens, they just got free pins at my expense.
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:13:39 PM

Texas Bitcoin Conference NXT Marketing Brochure
http://nxt.sx/images/resources/NXT-Brochure-4.pdf

And thank you again, generous donor, in funding 5000 copies of this to be printed at Austin, TX for my pickup there on Tuesday.

NxtMinnow, I will be sending you what I don't use in Austin for you to hand out in San Francisco.  Mail 'em on to the next Conference when you're done with them.

Now we have 4500 brochures with these outdated texts  Wink

NXT goes full open source April 4, 2014

Speaking of exchanges: Cryptsy is coming!

ongoing events: full open source code April 4;
listing of NXT on Cryptsy

Aren't we still going full open source on April 4 with the 0.8 version of the code, which has the database software?  What is open source today is the not fully functional 0.7 version, right?  So the point is still valid.  

Unfortunate we printed a few days before getting listed on Cryptsy, but anybody motivated to check will find us on Cryptsy now and this lends the brochure credibility.  The key is what Big Vern said, which is right there.

All 5000 of these will get distributed somewhere, and who knows which one will be the one that falls in a key hand to make a key connection for NXT?  I have been thinking that we should start mailing batches of 100 of these brochure out to the various Bitcoin meetups:

http://bitcoin.meetup.com/

I will be making a proposal to the marketing committee for postage to do this...
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:16:06 PM

So it is about TPS (or TPM).

Some random thoughts:
Should we aim high and make TPS one of the big distinction form other crypto currencies? Are we realistic with such a high TPS - do we really need it? It could be a VISA alternative. Do we get there? Maybe only if great things are made on top of Nxt the next months. Will there be great things on top of Nxt if we are called the next ripple, which is mostly a negative conjunction in the crypto world? Do we ever get there when we cannot market the super-decentralized-idea, raspberryPis and nice things? Are we the business solution of crypto currencies? Do businesses need cryptos? The business world is still very hesitated in regards to crypto currencies - if we fail in the business world in the next month and decided today to go this route, Nxt would be dead? How realistic is it to establish Nxt big in the business world? Are there other possibilities with ultra hight TPS, if not business related? Can we aim for both worlds? Maybe 200 TPS? (Could parallel blockchains help?) Can we aim high with all the other stuff without hight TPS?

How important is ultra hight TPS? What are your opinions? What did I forgot?

I want a big discussion about this.

The system that provides the fastest transactions securely will surpass Bitcoin as the number once currency. TF and high TPS is the #1 reason for the recent surge in interest in NXT in my opinion. In fact many people think it's already implemented and are out there talking around 'the water cooler' about this. The other factor will be easy FIAT conversion, which means being somewhat friendly to the banking system. Ease of use for regular people is also very very important. Ripple is beating NXT already in all of these areas. So to beat ripple and the others NXT needs to win on these fronts AND be more decentralized and free-standing.

The real question is if the goal is for NXT to be the currency that takes Bitcoin's place, or if it's happy as a 2nd or 3rd tier system that co-exists with other Alt currencies and becomes known as merely a decentralized platform to trade your fake money for different fake money that no one wants or needs or can use except for speculation. Once the current coin boom ends there will probably be a few cryptos that survive and interest in exchanges will die down. People may exchange real world assets with the AE but it's really hard to get people to change old habits. And unless AE gets accepted by the banking system AND the government, centralized exchanges will still be needed for FIAT conversion. The one way around that problem is to be so awesome as a form of currency that easy conversion to FIAT is not needed. That means popular usage amongst buyers, suppliers and consumers. Then everyone can HODL their NXT and not worry about converting. Volatility/Stability is also an issue here, where BTC is obviously lacking.

There's a VERY limited amount of people who dream about issuing their own currency or starting an IPO or even investing in one, but EVERYBODY needs to spend money and EVERYBODY would consider using an alternative that works easier and better than credit and debit cards and also protects against identity theft. EVERYONE also needs a way to perform fast, secure MICRO-TRANSACTIONS on the internet. Being able to quickly send .25 can potentially solve music and movie piracy, revive the online newspapers and allow people to monetize internet content.

Once these important fronts are won, then people might start looking more closely at the other features, such as AE, Aliasing, etc. But if no one is using NXT for the everyday stuff, no one may discover them or they will discover them on another platform like Ripple, Ethereum, EMunie etc. It's a very darwinian thing going on right now. The fittest will survive.

My two cents, or should I say .5 NXT

NXT: 4957831430947123625
Jerical13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:22:53 PM

Some random thoughts:
Should we aim high and make TPS one of the big distinction form other crypto currencies? Are we realistic with such a high TPS - do we really need it? It could be a VISA alternative. Do we get there? Maybe only if great things are made on top of Nxt the next months. Will there be great things on top of Nxt if we are called the next ripple, which is mostly a negative conjunction in the crypto world? Do we ever get there when we cannot market the super-decentralized-idea, raspberryPis and nice things? Are we the business solution of crypto currencies? Do businesses need cryptos? The business world is still very hesitated in regards to crypto currencies - if we fail in the business world in the next month and decided today to go this route, Nxt would be dead? How realistic is it to establish Nxt big in the business world? Are there other possibilities with ultra hight TPS, if not business related? Can we aim for both worlds? Maybe 200 TPS? (Could parallel blockchains help?) Can we aim high with all the other stuff without hight TPS?

As far as needing Cryptos, no they don't really need them. There have been businesses before cryptos. But NXT as a platform could be a very useful and profitable tool for businesses. Especially the businesses willing to take the risk and invest themselves in early stages. It would also be profitable to the NXT community and network to incorporate private business in future plans. I am not for sure that Tps is going to have any effect on influencing  business to participate though, depending on the target business. I think finding ways to reduce their risk and reduce initial start up costs and to facilitate easy transfer and extension  from traditional modes of business into the crypto business is a more realistic approach to get private enterprise involved. Tps is a way to do this, but it would only have promise to a certain demographic of businesses (and I would assume that this demographic is small), so in that respect it is not, from my perspective, a high priority.

As a broader and more general mode of influencing business I think usability issues hold the highest priority; usability both for the client and the AE.
Jerical13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:32:49 PM

I didn't understand what buyer/seller verified means.
What I mean is that when you are leaving feedback via AM, you will be required to enter a Tx id, where the sender (buyer's) account must match your account # and the receiving account must match the account where you are sending the feedback AM (the sellers account).  If those match up, the feedback is sent via AM.

I'm wondering if escrow/reputation is the best model for the SR type use case, and if there could be an alternative model.
Would the names of products and quantities sold be publicly available on the blockchain? Somehow I think this will draw unwanted attention.
Nothing would show up on the blockchain except the amounts of Nxt and the public feedback, all other messages would be encrypted.

How would disputes be resolved?  Outsiders can't know if the seller has sent the product. Either the seller or buyer can try to scam.
With Escrow AT, you would send your Nxt to seller via AT, at which point the Nxt is committed and you have two choices, release the funds to the seller or release the funds to the genesis block or charity (whereas neither party would benefit).  You wouldn't have the choice to get them back and the seller wouldn't have incentive to scam you since the funds would go elsewhere if you don't get your product.

Seller can sell to himself and give good feedback.
Yes, but they would have to go through the trouble of sending Nxt, leaving feedback, and it would all be traceable, and there would be no purpose with Escrow AT.

So this is a burn escrow, which doesn't need outsiders to resolve disputes. And it doesn't use the asset exchange, because sales are not public.

I didn't understand how the buyer finds the sellers and the products to be sold.

That is what we need to work on, a decentralized market.  Personally I would prefer a torrent style file that downloads a marketplace to your client where it would be viewable.  The marketplace could be hosted on several seeding/forging machines.

My vision for a decentralized anonymous marketplace has the following features, in order of importance.

1. Security
2. Anonymity
(3. Fraud-prevention)

The market would be hosted nowhere, each seller would host his own market on his own computer. No centralized weak point. Outsiders don't know what is being sold. Even the buyers don't have a clear picture of all available products and amounts being sold. Each seller would only know his own sales.

Security would come from the p2p nature of the Nxt network, encryption of all messages, and optionally the users could use Tor. Coins can be mixed by the users using the existing mixers for Bitcoin or Nxt, not directly by the anonymous market software.

Fraud-prevention can be done with non-technical means such as forum discussions and word-of-mouth reputation.

I agree with this simple approach. Any escrow or other peer to peer security needs could be filled by private enterprise, with out complicating the network internally by trying to provide these services as features. Free use and open sourcing of the gateway could help to facilitate businesses to get involved.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:38:47 PM

The system that provides the fastest transactions securely will surpass Bitcoin as the number once currency. TF and high TPS is the #1 reason for the recent surge in interest in NXT in my opinion. In fact many people think it's already implemented and are out there talking around 'the water cooler' about this.

Did we solve the fast transaction problem yet? Unfortunately, I think you still need to wait for some confirmations.
Jerical13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:44:18 PM

I just had a bit of an overwhelming meeting with the outside investor.

He is the creator and owner of this/these projects:

https://www.trackprotect.com/
http://www.sustainsound.org/
http://www.rhosmovement.com/

Basically, he wants to use Nxt as a vehicle for his business and to power his system of distributing music.

I just spent two hours talking with him and he is immensely energetic and serious about this.

He sees the potential úse of Nxt and digital property and talks will continue.

From both a marketing perspective as a purely investment perspective, this could be a significant step forward for Nxt!

Music is the #1 attracting factor for users anywhere and we would be tapping into a worldwide userbase with these guys.

Even better is that his development cycle is almost finished already (I saw his already working product) and he is looking for a good "fit".

He is OK with me sharing this, because he wants to be open about his project. Have a look and see what it is all about.

Right on. Keep us posted. Don't let yourself feel too overwhelmed. Need any help just ask.
BrianNowhere

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:50:22 PM

I didn't understand what buyer/seller verified means.
What I mean is that when you are leaving feedback via AM, you will be required to enter a Tx id, where the sender (buyer's) account must match your account # and the receiving account must match the account where you are sending the feedback AM (the sellers account).  If those match up, the feedback is sent via AM.

I'm wondering if escrow/reputation is the best model for the SR type use case, and if there could be an alternative model.
Would the names of products and quantities sold be publicly available on the blockchain? Somehow I think this will draw unwanted attention.
Nothing would show up on the blockchain except the amounts of Nxt and the public feedback, all other messages would be encrypted.

How would disputes be resolved?  Outsiders can't know if the seller has sent the product. Either the seller or buyer can try to scam.
With Escrow AT, you would send your Nxt to seller via AT, at which point the Nxt is committed and you have two choices, release the funds to the seller or release the funds to the genesis block or charity (whereas neither party would benefit).  You wouldn't have the choice to get them back and the seller wouldn't have incentive to scam you since the funds would go elsewhere if you don't get your product.

Seller can sell to himself and give good feedback.
Yes, but they would have to go through the trouble of sending Nxt, leaving feedback, and it would all be traceable, and there would be no purpose with Escrow AT.

So this is a burn escrow, which doesn't need outsiders to resolve disputes. And it doesn't use the asset exchange, because sales are not public.

I didn't understand how the buyer finds the sellers and the products to be sold.

That is what we need to work on, a decentralized market.  Personally I would prefer a torrent style file that downloads a marketplace to your client where it would be viewable.  The marketplace could be hosted on several seeding/forging machines.

My vision for a decentralized anonymous marketplace has the following features, in order of importance.

1. Security
2. Anonymity
(3. Fraud-prevention)

The market would be hosted nowhere, each seller would host his own market on his own computer. No centralized weak point. Outsiders don't know what is being sold. Even the buyers don't have a clear picture of all available products and amounts being sold. Each seller would only know his own sales.

Security would come from the p2p nature of the Nxt network, encryption of all messages, and optionally the users could use Tor. Coins can be mixed by the users using the existing mixers for Bitcoin or Nxt, not directly by the anonymous market software.

Fraud-prevention can be done with non-technical means such as forum discussions and word-of-mouth reputation.

I would be a lot of money that if crypto goes mainstream, mixers will be made illegal. I base this on imagining what would happen if I started a FIAT mixing service. I'd find myself on a fast train to federal pound me in the ass prison. It's money laundering 101.

I do not believe anonymity should be built into any protocol because of this. It should be a layer on top that can be removed or altered for compliance, leaving the network intact.

I don't believe complete anonymity is necessary for crypto. In fact it's the best way to get it banned completely. As long as average users could only be tracked through heavy forensics by authorized officials examining bank records and following a trail, I think crypto provides plenty enough anonymity.

Law enforcement do need certain tools for tracking terrorists and criminals. There needs to be sensible laws put in place for all of this.

^[GS]^

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:54:27 PM

Hello, I think I is necessary a new API getDeadline(Account) to be used instead of doing all the time "getForging(secretPhrase)".
Is not good to be all the time sending the secretPhrase, just to get the deadline.

Nearly no difference between getForging(secretPhrase) and startForging(secretPhrase), both are "secretPhrase" not safe.

Code:
public final class StartForging extends APIServlet.APIRequestHandler {

static final StartForging instance = new StartForging();

private StartForging() {}

@Override
    JSONStreamAware processRequest(HttpServletRequest req) {

String secretPhrase = req.getParameter("secretPhrase");
        if (secretPhrase == null) {
            return MISSING_SECRET_PHRASE;
        }

Generator generator = Generator.startForging(secretPhrase);
        if (generator == null) {
            return UNKNOWN_ACCOUNT;
        }

JSONObject response = new JSONObject();
        response.put("deadline", generator.getDeadline());
        return response;

}

@Override
    boolean requirePost() {
        return true;
    }

}

Code:
public final class GetForging extends APIServlet.APIRequestHandler {

static final GetForging instance = new GetForging();

private GetForging() {}

@Override
    JSONStreamAware processRequest(HttpServletRequest req) {

String secretPhrase = req.getParameter("secretPhrase");
        if (secretPhrase == null) {
            return MISSING_SECRET_PHRASE;
        }
        Account account = Account.getAccount(Crypto.getPublicKey(secretPhrase));
        if (account == null) {
            return UNKNOWN_ACCOUNT;
        }

Generator generator = Generator.getGenerator(secretPhrase);
        if (generator == null) {
            return NOT_FORGING;
        }

JSONObject response = new JSONObject();
        response.put("deadline", generator.getDeadline());
        return response;

}

@Override
    boolean requirePost() {
        return true;
    }

}

They could do something more simple? Smiley
or is the only way?
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:57:02 PM

Law enforcement do need certain tools for tracking terrorists and criminals. There needs to be sensible laws put in place for all of this.

You know even the term "money laundering" would make zero sense to someone from the 19th century (and money has been around for thousands of years).

Perhaps you are from the US?

Many other countries in the world don't "give a fuck" about money laundering (to them money is not "dirty or clean" it is just "money").

And what is considered criminal in one country is not in another (as for "terrorists" you do know that Nelson Mandella was labelled as that for many years and the US *agreed*).

If the US wants to become the "land of big brother" that is up to them - but I am not interested in being a part of that.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Jerical13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:59:38 PM

Some random thoughts:

The system that provides the fastest transactions securely will surpass Bitcoin as the number once currency. TF and high TPS is the #1 reason for the recent surge in interest in NXT in my opinion. In fact many people think it's already implemented and are out there talking around 'the water cooler' about this. The other factor will be easy FIAT conversion, which means being somewhat friendly to the banking system. Ease of use for regular people is also very very important. Ripple is beating NXT already in all of these areas. So to beat ripple and the others NXT needs to win on these fronts AND be more decentralized and free-standing.

The real question is if the goal is for NXT to be the currency that takes Bitcoin's place, or if it's happy as a 2nd or 3rd tier system that co-exists with other Alt currencies and becomes known as merely a decentralized platform to trade your fake money for different fake money that no one wants or needs or can use except for speculation. Once the current coin boom ends there will probably be a few cryptos that survive and interest in exchanges will die down. People may exchange real world assets with the AE but it's really hard to get people to change old habits. And unless AE gets accepted by the banking system AND the government, centralized exchanges will still be needed for FIAT conversion. The one way around that problem is to be so awesome as a form of currency that easy conversion to FIAT is not needed. That means popular usage amongst buyers, suppliers and consumers. Then everyone can HODL their NXT and not worry about converting. Volatility/Stability is also an issue here, where BTC is obviously lacking.

There's a VERY limited amount of people who dream about issuing their own currency or starting an IPO or even investing in one, but EVERYBODY needs to spend money and EVERYBODY would consider using an alternative that works easier and better than credit and debit cards and also protects against identity theft. EVERYONE also needs a way to perform fast, secure MICRO-TRANSACTIONS on the internet. Being able to quickly send .25 can potentially solve music and movie piracy, revive the online newspapers and allow people to monetize internet content.

Once these important fronts are won, then people might start looking more closely at the other features, such as AE, Aliasing, etc. But if no one is using NXT for the everyday stuff, no one may discover them or they will discover them on another platform like Ripple, Ethereum, EMunie etc. It's a very darwinian thing going on right now. The fittest will survive.

My two cents, or should I say .5 NXT

I don't know. It depends on why people want a fast transaction. If the sole reason is for point of purchase sales slow transaction speed of the network could potentially be overcome be other means. I think that the overall structure of NXT allows for more responsiveness and flexibility of use, and that fact will allow for people to identify more innovative ways to solve problems. NXT has more uses than Bitcoin does. This is what we have to make people aware of. This is the strength of NXT, and should be the focal selling point.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:01:32 PM

You know even the term "money laundering" would make zero sense to someone from the 19th century (and money has been around for thousands of years).

Perhaps you are from the US?

Many other countries in the world don't "give a fuck" about money laundering (to them money is not "dirty or clean" it is just "money").

And what is considered criminal in one country is not in another (as for "terrorists" you do know that Nelson Mandella was labelled as that for many years and the US *agreed*).

My wife launders money quite often. Coz she doesn't check the pockets before laundering my pants...
Jerical13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:03:28 PM

[

[/quote]

I would be a lot of money that if crypto goes mainstream, mixers will be made illegal. I base this on imagining what would happen if I started a FIAT mixing service. I'd find myself on a fast train to federal pound me in the ass prison. It's money laundering 101.

I do not believe anonymity should be built into any protocol because of this. It should be a layer on top that can be removed or altered for compliance, leaving the network intact.

I don't believe complete anonymity is necessary for crypto. In fact it's the best way to get it banned completely. As long as average users could only be tracked through heavy forensics by authorized officials examining bank records and following a trail, I think crypto provides plenty enough anonymity.

[/quote]

This is another reason to promote private enterprises providing these services.
BrianNowhere

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:06:35 PM

Texas Bitcoin Conference NXT Marketing Brochure
http://nxt.sx/images/resources/NXT-Brochure-4.pdf

And thank you again, generous donor, in funding 5000 copies of this to be printed at Austin, TX for my pickup there on Tuesday.

NxtMinnow, I will be sending you what I don't use in Austin for you to hand out in San Francisco.  Mail 'em on to the next Conference when you're done with them.

Now we have 4500 brochures with these outdated texts  Wink

NXT goes full open source April 4, 2014

Speaking of exchanges: Cryptsy is coming!

ongoing events: full open source code April 4;
listing of NXT on Cryptsy

I learned this the hard way with business. Edit out all data that has a short shelf life. Make stickers for that stuff that you can attach as needed. Stickers are cheap.

You might be able to use stickers to salvage your existing brochures as well. Just stick them over the old data. Grueling and shitty job though. Pay your kids. Also, for this reason, try and keep all expiring data on the back of the brochure so you can quickly attach your stickers. Opening and closing a lot of brochures is not fun.

mkmen

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:10:15 PM

Aren't we still going full open source on April 4 with the 0.8 version of the code, which has the database software?  What is open source today is the not fully functional 0.7 version, right?  So the point is still valid.  

No, the full source code (stable 0.7 and develop 0.8) has been already released by Jean-Luc and is available here https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/all
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:13:39 PM

What if we only can lease a maximum of 50% of our nxt forging power (or x% amount)? This would help get a low standard deviation for forging fee while if someone want its full forging power for all his nxt, he would still have to run a node.

You are assuming it was "part of the plan" to have a very large number of people running nodes.
The "plan" as far I as understand it now was to have a relatively small number of "super nodes" controlling the network.
The vision of Nxt is/was really to compete with Ripple rather than with anything else.

Been thinking.... how different is this for NXT compared to Ripple or Bitcoin, Ripple has its servers, Bitcoin now has its pools and its really the pools that control the network.

NXT has a huge advantage here - the pool is the node, you don't need thousands of computers providing mining power to the pool..... your stake is the equivalent of GHs but all you need to do is loan it to an entry to forge with and wait to receive the returns.

The people who run the nodes supporting a community of forgers who have leased their stake to it will have to invest in a reliable network kit, do this efficiently and provide a return - to me its like putting your stake in a bank and waiting for some interest.

People who have a large investment in NXT would run a node to secure the network as would others, I think CIYAM is right, they will buy their own stakes or like exchanges use their NXT working capital to forge with, and there is nothing wrong with this....\

Clearly in the case of an exchange I hope an enlightened exchange owner will eventually offer a return on the forging to customers so they also store their NXT there and earn 'interest' on it.

Other people will set up services like NXT IO (i have 60k in there - call me a fool if you like but I will trust them) because we need something, unfortunately NXTPool already folded because of lack of support, which I can understand when you have to send your NXT to them, which is why we need leasing.

and at the moment all we have is debate.

People are also bitching and moaning about forging/fee's not being viable etc...

I have stated before that there are platforms which do this for less than 1 euro cent per TX today, no they are not decentralised (well they are clustered) they provide full transaction confirmation in real time (<10s) between 2 parties, run at over 300 tps and plans are in place for 1000tps+

NXT has the opportunity to deliver at this cost base or less, but if people want to make money with NXT, we have to get this FORGING! sorted so platforms like NXT-io, and hopefully many others can be in place in a way that people can trust, because if we have the network the transactions will come..

Pages: « 1 ... 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 [2096] 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: