Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291882 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

Something tells me that an American knowingly running an illegal business from US soil shouldn't count on being protected by the corporate shield.  But regardless, I'm not suggesting you should sue, merely that there is no scenario in which any of the people involved would advise you to sue.  That's all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ru0chen

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:30:35 AM

@glendall 
You're right, what should we do next? I'll back you up
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:33:48 AM

@glendall  
You're right, what should we do next? I'll back you up

Unfortunately I don't have the money for legal options, I'm quite poor.

Jon Montroll will get what is coming to him, I do not forget.  I also don't even care about money much, but just on principle, I can not let someone steal from me and get away without with experiencing repercussions. They might even be a long time coming but he has something coming for him. I don't live in the U.S but I have a great memory.

Besides taking it upon myself to try to wake people up around here to smell the coffee (that they have been taken advantage of), there is not much publicly more I can suggest. I just hope the bigger bag holders take him to the courts or press criminal charges, and then instead of Jon Montroll's bullshit, we can actually hear how (or why) the community lost over 5 million dollars of BTC entrusted to him, and instead of living comfortably off of stolen funds, Jon could try out poverty, such as he brought to his customers.  This vampire really fucked over a lot of people and justice should find him.  

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
everbox

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:33:56 AM

Balance Stuck   53.28289435   Available   0.00000000   Withdrawn   3.50676123

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:43:04 AM

So ... since with Weex, it was an exchange where the $ balance in the exchange can never get less than the balance of $ in every account ... who stole the $ out of Weex?

You see, if someone puts $ into Weex, and then buys BTC, those $ (less a fee) go to the other person.
Thus it's not possible for the balance of $ in the exchange to get below the account $ balance of all accounts ... unless someone was stealing the $ ...

So ... anyone got more bullshit to spread about Weex and their scam associates Neo & Bee?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:25:07 AM

So ... since with Weex, it was an exchange where the $ balance in the exchange can never get less than the balance of $ in every account ... who stole the $ out of Weex?

You see, if someone puts $ into Weex, and then buys BTC, those $ (less a fee) go to the other person.
Thus it's not possible for the balance of $ in the exchange to get below the account $ balance of all accounts ... unless someone was stealing the $ ...

So ... anyone got more bullshit to spread about Weex and their scam associates Neo & Bee?
Ukyo hasen't exactly been detailed about what actually has happened, if funds got stolen or if he did use some of other peoples funds to invest in something that diden't work out as planned or if something other strange is preventing him from accessing the funds at the moment.
But if somehow funds actually got stolen from weexchange/bitfunder it would most likely have been on the BTC side and not on the USD/fiat side then i think.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:10:48 PM

I will fly to Dallas by this sunday ,and have a pointment with a lawyer by the following Monday. I think I need someone to gathering all people to against Ukyo, not only myself. However because I am not living USA, It is really costly for me to fly from London to Dallas again and over again.

Is there an update to this?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:56:11 PM

Ukyo hasen't exactly been detailed about what actually has happened, if funds got stolen or if he did use some of other peoples funds to invest in something that diden't work out as planned or if something other strange is preventing him from accessing the funds at the moment.
But if somehow funds actually got stolen from weexchange/bitfunder it would most likely have been on the BTC side and not on the USD/fiat side then i think.
That's my point Tongue

What happened to the fiat?

It's either there or was spent/stolen.

Oddly enough, bank accounts in the fiat world have VERY clear transaction histories.
So any vagueness about that is a DIRECT line to it being all a load of complete crap and lies.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:35:29 AM

Any signs from Ukyo or was he able to escape and hide somewhere?

Are there any lawsuits planned right now? I would start suing from Germany, but I think it's more effective if some US-based victim would start a lawsuit. I am certain we could collect some coins for legal fees. Anyone (preferably reputable) willing to lead/start a lawsuit?
thy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:58:59 AM

Any signs from Ukyo or was he able to escape and hide somewhere?

Are there any lawsuits planned right now? I would start suing from Germany, but I think it's more effective if some US-based victim would start a lawsuit. I am certain we could collect some coins for legal fees. Anyone (preferably reputable) willing to lead/start a lawsuit?
Ukyo was last active on the forum March 15, 2014 so he's still around even if he dont post in the open.

SOSLOVE868 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=111108 for example was traveling over from China a few days ago to talk to some local lawers in Dallas USA to try to at the least get some information from ukyo or possibly go further with lawsuit against ukyo if there is no progress i think. Maby people can join in on a joint venture if there isen't starting to come some meaningfull information soon, i think it's extremely bad handling of things from Ukyo and Graet sofar, that people for this long hasen't got more information on whats going on, especially for those that has 100 000's USD worth of BTC ivested in the Ukyo/Graet/Weexchange matter.

Sledge

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:38:52 PM

After speaking to someone in the know but who wouldn't divulge much, I am now convinced that Ukyo is being investigated along with others by the U.S. SEC and was forced to withhold people's funds and not talk about it until the investigation is complete. I further speculate that it is the same investigation into Satoshi Dice that is coming to light.

P.s. If you don't fully understand english and can't see the words "I am now convinced" and "further speculate", don't reply saying "this is bullshit" and look like a moron. I never said it is true, I am only sharing my current belief.
NotLambchop

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

After speaking to someone in the know but who wouldn't divulge much, I am now convinced that Ukyo is being investigated along with others by the U.S. SEC and was forced to withhold people's funds and not talk about it until the investigation is complete. I further speculate that it is the same investigation into Satoshi Dice that is coming to light.

P.s. If you don't fully understand english and can't see the words "I am now convinced" and "further speculate", don't reply saying "this is bullshit" and look like a moron. I never said it is true, I am only sharing my current belief.

After speaking to someone in the know but who wouldn't divulge much, I am now convinced that the moon is made of cream cheese. I further speculate that it is the same cream cheese is responsible for the alien capture of Apollo 11 and the consequent lizard invasion.

jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:04:39 PM

Ahh, so SatoshiDICE passthroughs have come back to bite us all in the ass. Beautiful. This also makes sense when you start reading the PDF that the MPEX founder posted yesterday.

I therefore blame MPEX and their 30BTC account signup fee! Of course, I probably would have been trading there without it... Tongue
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:55:47 PM

And around we go.  Cry
thy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:34:05 PM

Some of what you say is resonable but not all, surely AMC & ken slaughter was beeing looked at by the SEC and it seems likely that SEC looked at BTC-TC and Bitfunder to.

But if what you said where the case, then why would Bitfunder be that different from how BTC-TC worked when they winded it down ?
I could possibly see that what you say would be the case in a few specific cases for some of the issuers of stocks like for Activeminer/Ken Slaghters or TradeFortresses account/holdings/funds on Bitfunder/Weexchange that there funds would be frozen during a possible investigation, but for 99% of the normal users/investors on Bitfunder/Weexchange there would be no reason whatsoever to lock there funds up for this amount of time as there shouldn't be any problem for them to clear practically all users within a week or two.

What you say either don't make sense in relation to the fact that all users were allowed to withdraw 6.17% of there Weexchange balances, so possibly Ken Slaughter(that we know that SEC have been looking at) and Trade Fortress for example could have withdrawn funds then to.

NotLambchop

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:54:37 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 07:06:43 PM by NotLambchop

... Ken Slaughter(that we know that SEC have been looking at)...

Just a couple of nit-picking corrections:

1.  Ken claimed that he's being investigated by his state, Missouri Securities Division, not the SEC.
2.  There is no evidence of this claim being anything more than an excuse to keep his "shareholders" from trading, just Ken's word.  Ken Slaughter's "shareholders" have been subsisting on a steady diet of lies.  It's unreasonable to assume this claim to be an exception.

/sorry if a bit OT.
thy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:11:40 PM

... Ken Slaughter(that we know that SEC have been looking at)...

Just a couple of nit-picking corrections:

1.  Ken claimed that he's being investigated by his state, Missouri Securities Division, not the SEC.
2.  There is no evidence of this claim being anything more than an excuse to keep his "shareholders" from trading, just Ken's word.  Ken Slaughter's "shareholders" have been subsisting on a steady diet of lies.  It's unreasonable to assume this claim to be an exception.
Ok thought i saw he mentioning SEC somewhere, i must have remembered it wrong then, maby it was someone else, Ukyo? or so that mentioned SEC then in relation to Ken and AMC, but your right unless SEC officially states there investigating Ken or ActM or you work for them you can't know for sure whether it's true or not.

WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:22:29 PM

What you say either don't make sense in relation to the fact that all users were allowed to withdraw 6.17% of there Weexchange balances, so possibly Ken Slaughter(that we know that SEC have been looking at) and Trade Fortress for example could have withdrawn funds then to.
Ukyo said he allowed the users to withdraw the ~6% because he believed it was the right thing to do. The word "believed" makes it sound like he got into some trouble for dispersing those coins.
Did he open for withdrawal of the ~6% again btw?

Source:
Quote from: #weex
<nsa_> Are you able to say where the available coins came from btw?
<kanoi> yes but he wont Tongue
<Ukyo> Kanoi is correct that this get's into issues where I have to tread very carefully. Those were paid out because I believed it was the right thing to do.
thy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:53:37 PM

Ukyo said he allowed the users to withdraw the ~6% because he believed it was the right thing to do. The word "believed" makes it sound like he got into some trouble for dispersing those coins.
Did he open for withdrawal of the ~6% again btw?

Source:
Quote from: #weex
<nsa_> Are you able to say where the available coins came from btw?
<kanoi> yes but he wont Tongue
<Ukyo> Kanoi is correct that this get's into issues where I have to tread very carefully. Those were paid out because I believed it was the right thing to do.
I thought the withdrawal was still awaliable for those that haven't got there part of it yet, not sure thou.
Only 6.17% in total as far as i know thou so no second withdrawal(yet) of 6% or any other percentage and ukyo loan shareholder that requested a redeem yet havent(with a small exception, a few got some redeems the first days) got there coins and no interest has been payed after bitfunders closing, Ukyo owes around 2033btc to the shareholders in the loan as far as i know.

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:56:44 PM

Can't seem to be able to login to the WeEX claims site. Not sure how you're supposed to claim your 6% then.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: