Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source  (Read 630809 times)
ufasoft (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 07:25:24 PM

BTW Ufasoft, you made a minor typo in your edit of your first post to reflect the version number.  You jumped from version 19 to 29.  ;-)
Thank you

I don't recall 7zip being used before. Why now? pita to install yet another utility to unzip something. Doesn't 7zip offer the normal .zip extension?
fug it not worthy
Just one reason, encrypted zip don't hide filenames inside it. So scanners can complain about "bitcoin-miner.exe" inside archive.
They report about it as a virus to hosting company.

Bitcoin donations: 18X598V8rVdjy3Yg1cjZmnnv4SpPthuBeT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul4games

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 07:31:37 PM

Ufasoft could you add an option to use gpu mining only when computer it's idle?
ufasoft (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 07:46:47 PM

How do you define this state "computer is idle"?

Does it mean "CPU usage is 0% during hour"?
No keyboard/mouse activity?

Anyway you can write your own program which detects "Idle" state and runs miner. then when it detects user activity it will stop the miner.

Bitcoin donations: 18X598V8rVdjy3Yg1cjZmnnv4SpPthuBeT
d3m0n1q_733rz

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 09:54:33 PM

You can use Windows scheduler if you're in Windows to only run the program when the system is idle.  Otherwise, you can set the miner for idle priority in task manager.

Funroll_Loops, the theoretically quicker breakfast cereal!
Check out http://www.facebook.com/JupiterICT for all of your computing needs.  If you need it, we can get it.  We have solutions for your computing conundrums.  BTC accepted!  12HWUSguWXRCQKfkPeJygVR1ex5wbg3hAq
Paul4games

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 11:34:53 PM

How do you define this state "computer is idle"?

Does it mean "CPU usage is 0% during hour"?
No keyboard/mouse activity?

Anyway you can write your own program which detects "Idle" state and runs miner. then when it detects user activity it will stop the miner.

No keyboard/mouse activity+cpu usage lower then lets say 25%.
village.idiot

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 03:34:59 AM

Need a little assistance here.

I've installed Windoze 7 on my mining rig with the latest drivers for my GPUs.
Added SDK so that GpuCapsViewer says I have OpenCL.
Odd that it says I have 2 devices, one being the CPU.
I have two 5770 graphics cards.

bitcoin-miner only detects my CPU.  What am I missing? Huh
Paul4games

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:27:21 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2011, 09:10:56 PM by Paul4games

I got the following reply from symatec:
We are writing in relation to your submission through Symantec's on-line Security Risk / False Positive Dispute Submission form for your software being detected by Symantec Software. After downloading bitcoin-miner.exe, install and scan it with Symantec's latest definitions we have been unable to reproduce this detection. Can we please ask you to ensure that you are using Symantec's latest virus definitions for detection? They can be found using live update or alternatively from the URL below.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html

Due to not being able to reproduce this issue we require the additional information below to progress the dispute.

* The message or a screen shot of the message received

* A specific URL to download the software

* Exact instructions on how to recreate issue

* Symantec product and version being used for detection

If this dispute is no longer valid please respond to this email and we will close off the dispute.

Please respond to this email within 14 days with all questions or requests above answered. Failure to respond to this email within 14 days will deem the Security Risk Dispute submission to be no longer valid and initiate a closure procedure. Once closed a new submission for the same issue can be opened up to two times. Each new submission is subject to the time frame for response of a further week from the submission date.

Sincerely,

Symantec Security Response

http://securityresponse.symantec.com

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.

timestamp: 1313170762

So could somebody confirm that symatec still detects bitcoin-miner?
And ufasoft could you add an backup pool option, so if the main pool it's down the miner to switch to the second pool?
d3m0n1q_733rz

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 03:38:30 PM

The SDK isn't required under Windows as the OpenCL is included in the ATI (AMD) drivers anymore.  If you had to download the SDK, then you don't have have the latest drivers from ATI.

Check out http://www.facebook.com/JupiterICT for all of your computing needs.  If you need it, we can get it.  We have solutions for your computing conundrums.  BTC accepted!  12HWUSguWXRCQKfkPeJygVR1ex5wbg3hAq
village.idiot

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 03:41:00 PM

The SDK isn't required under Windows as the OpenCL is included in the ATI (AMD) drivers anymore.  If you had to download the SDK, then you don't have have the latest drivers from ATI.
My cards are Gigabyte so I went to their site to get the latest drivers.
Where should I go?
d3m0n1q_733rz

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 03:44:11 PM

My cards are Gigabyte so I went to their site to get the latest drivers.
Where should I go?
To the people who designed the GPU. 
AMD
   Wink

village.idiot

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 03:47:24 PM

That's slick.
I was just looking that up.  I asked the question without even thinking about it.
Shame on me.
All I need is the OpenCL driver?
d3m0n1q_733rz

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 03:53:28 PM

Download the whole package.  It's included in it as you probably see after reading the contents of the download package listed on the download page.

village.idiot

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 03:57:12 PM

Was just about click the Install button for just the OpenCL when your post came up.  Aborted

Downloading the suite now.

Thanks
village.idiot

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 04:11:49 PM

Download the whole package.  It's included in it as you probably see after reading the contents of the download package listed on the download page.

That worked!  It sees both my cards now in addition to the CPU.

You're my hero for today!  Thanks

Now I've just got to figure out the command line(s)
d3m0n1q_733rz

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 04:51:44 PM

That worked!  It sees both my cards now in addition to the CPU.

You're my hero for today!  Thanks

Now I've just got to figure out the command line(s)
No problem.  ^_^  The command line is pretty straightforward.  What I'm using currently is Ufasoft for 3/4 cores and then Phoenix with the phatk2 kernel for the GPU card.  I left out the last core because it's used to process data for the GPU miner.  Should you go this route too, don't forget to specify worksize or the kernel will crash due to not containing a default.  Since you have 2 GPUs, I don't know for certain if you'll need one or two CPU cores to run them.  But I would set your CPU threads to (total CPU cores - GPU cores) and see if you get a better rate than just minus one core.

village.idiot

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 05:18:14 PM

Not knowing what I'm doing yet, I'm running separate terminals for each device so I can see what each is doing.  If I understand the -help, I think the -i will let me specify each device with its arguments in one command line.

CPU is running 4 threads.  Nothing has crashed so far.

Hash rate on GPUs is lower that acceptable but I was just looking into installing the msi overclock software to adjust that.

I'll try your suggestion on CPU cores

So does Phoenix with phatk2 give you better results than you can get with just bitcoin-miner?
d3m0n1q_733rz

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 02:40:18 AM

Not knowing what I'm doing yet, I'm running separate terminals for each device so I can see what each is doing.  If I understand the -help, I think the -i will let me specify each device with its arguments in one command line.

CPU is running 4 threads.  Nothing has crashed so far.

Hash rate on GPUs is lower that acceptable but I was just looking into installing the msi overclock software to adjust that.

I'll try your suggestion on CPU cores

So does Phoenix with phatk2 give you better results than you can get with just bitcoin-miner?
Actually, yes.  However, there is another miner that allows more control over the phatk2 kernel.  Specifically, it causes it to use different vector sizes back and forth to take advantage of processor command execution times.  I can't recall what it's called exactly and I'm too lazy to click back to the miner links, but it starts with a D.

Zenitur

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 03:12:39 AM

Ecли вы вылoжитe нoвыe иcxoдники, кoличecтвo вaшиx пoльзoвaтeлeй peзкo вoзpacтёт нa 1%.
d3m0n1q_733rz

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 03:39:56 AM

Ecли вы вылoжитe нoвыe иcxoдники, кoличecтвo вaшиx пoльзoвaтeлeй peзкo вoзpacтёт нa 1%.
Thank you for brightening up our mainly English-speaking forum chat with a little Russian.  I believe what my Russian friend here is saying is that, if you release the more up-to-date source code, more people will be apt to use and maybe improve upon your work thereby increasing the number of users who use your software by an estimated 1%.  However, I don't believe 1% is going to be all that big of a deal.

Zenitur

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:57:32 AM

I just think that authors speak Russian (I found russian words in their site, for example "poisk").

1% - I was talking about *nix users that will install ufasoft miner instead of minerd. Ufasoft Miner is better, but source code is available only for 0.10 version.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: