Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:04:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RazorLove Cryptocurrency Services - DBL, CENT, & FOO/BAR Updates  (Read 153354 times)
bob131313

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:20:34 PM

Will just leave this here....

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

― Warren Buffett
lonesoul

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:22:39 PM

I know this is a crazy question but, is there any CENT mining pool out there left alive?

If you have trouble transferring CENT in, you can try transferring CENT from one Cryptsy account to another via your trade key.  That worked for me.

Transferring from 1 cryptsy user to another is all good because you are transferring between the same blockchain (the one cryptsy is on)  so theres no worries with coins being lost there.

With regards to a pool, having a pool at the moment would essentially be pointless due to the block reward currently being 1CENT per block.

the only way to get extra coins now is to Buy some, Stake them and then wait 9 days for the 10% interest rate :-)

How do i stake them in wallet? that is not updated, stil loading, blocks.!

thats the million dollar question - Currently my wallet is staking coins, but it says its 8000 blocks behind, so im not entirely sure if my blocks will stay or if they will end up becoming orphans

I'm sorry i cant really help with the question, we really need someone that has read the code to explain it throughly

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
lonesoul

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:23:37 PM

Will just leave this here....

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

― Warren Buffett

You should all be really fearful! I've got a bag of steak mushrooms and prawns sat next to me ready for dinner tonight and if the wife thinks she is getting any she has completely under estimated my greed :-)

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
galtbit

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:28:47 PM

I know this is a crazy question but, is there any CENT mining pool out there left alive?

If you have trouble transferring CENT in, you can try transferring CENT from one Cryptsy account to another via your trade key.  That worked for me.

Transferring from 1 cryptsy user to another is all good because you are transferring between the same blockchain (the one cryptsy is on)  so theres no worries with coins being lost there.

With regards to a pool, having a pool at the moment would essentially be pointless due to the block reward currently being 1CENT per block.

the only way to get extra coins now is to Buy some, Stake them and then wait 9 days for the 10% interest rate :-)

Thank you for clearing that up for me.  What I don't understand is what the term "stake" means.  I currently hold coins on Cryptsy and not a wallet.  Is the only way to get the 10% to have the coins transferred to a wallet? Sorry for the questions, but this coin has been all over the place and I am trying to get a grasp on what to do.
mike77777

Activity: 464

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:47:26 PM

Thank you for clearing that up for me.  What I don't understand is what the term "stake" means.  I currently hold coins on Cryptsy and not a wallet.  Is the only way to get the 10% to have the coins transferred to a wallet? Sorry for the questions, but this coin has been all over the place and I am trying to get a grasp on what to do.
Read ths FAQ:
http://centcoin.org/pennies-cent-f-a-q/
 if you dont want to read all posts in this topic. And stake isnt 10% now.
lonesoul

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:52:33 PM

If you have trouble transferring CENT in, you can try transferring CENT from one Cryptsy account to another via your trade key.  That worked for me.

Transferring from 1 cryptsy user to another is all good because you are transferring between the same blockchain (the one cryptsy is on)  so theres no worries with coins being lost there.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.  What I don't understand is what the term "stake" means.  I currently hold coins on Cryptsy and not a wallet.  Is the only way to get the 10% to have the coins transferred to a wallet? Sorry for the questions, but this coin has been all over the place and I am trying to get a grasp on what to do.

Yup the only way to "Stake" the coins are to have them in a wallet, holding them on cryptsy means you wont gain any more.

I believe the term "Stake" comes from the fact that coins in your wallet are temporarily taken from you, your CPU then attempts to create a PoS block and then broadcasts that block to the network. if successful you get your stake coins and the interested generated.(1% of the stake coins)

So you have to have some initial coins or if your a poker player/gambler - Stake money :-)

thats my personal understanding of it, I havent read anything official to say that is correct or not.

As for actually getting the stake, you need to transfer coins into your wallet and then leave them for 9 days - when you open your wallet again after 9 days the computer will start trying to stake - you can normally tell this is happening because the CPU usage for the wallet will jump alot - when the wallet is doing nothing by sitting idle it normally moves from between 0-4% of my cpu, when its staking it jumps massively to 45-50% of the cpu.

It will attempt to stake all coins older than 9 days in the chunks they were depositted in - So if you ended up sending in 5 lumps for 10million coins - you would end up seeing chunks of 10 million vanish from your account, move to the savings interest field and then move back over to the savings field once successful  your register will end looking like this after a while (if you have enough income transactions ;-) )

Also as previous poster mentioned, the interest isnt 10%, sorry not sure where i got the 10% from >.< from the looks of the coins that have been staking today, the chunks are 124,000,000 in size and im getting 124,000 coins interest per chunk

the reason the transactions show as 0 at the moment is because it seems that it wants to finish staking the entire wallet before it sorts itself out and starts to display the correct numbers on the front screen

galtbit

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:01:57 PM

Thank you mike an lonesoul.  I understand now. 
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:06:48 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 03:19:57 PM by Petr1fied

• At 9 days: Original transaction amount * 1.0009 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 10 days: Original transaction amount * 1.001 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 11 days: Original transaction amount * 1.0011 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 12 days: Original transaction amount * 1.0012 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 13 days: Original transaction amount * 1.0013 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 14+ days: Original transaction amount * 1.0014 = approximate returned amount.

You're not going to get anywhere near a 10% R.O.I. At most you'll get 0.14% in a single cycle.

@lonesoul: Looks to me like you're totally wasting your time. You're 8654 blocks behind the rest of the network and therefore staking on your own little fork.
Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:40:16 PM

Would like to know this too. Is there any working pool atm? If there is let me know. Or maybe even someone could create it?
Could create it myself, but my server is at work so it can't have any DDos atacks.There is too much risk to lose very valuable information.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
bluestang

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:51:38 PM

Ok, people...THINK!  How the hell you going to have a pool with a coin that has a reward of 1 per block and has NO DECIMAL PLACES?   Huh

Cryptsy Trade Key: 3d74ea28a32572a77c108116c46ba67a65834bfc
lonesoul

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:00:24 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 04:17:12 PM by lonesoul

• At 9 days: Original transaction amount * 1.0009 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 10 days: Original transaction amount * 1.001 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 11 days: Original transaction amount * 1.0011 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 12 days: Original transaction amount * 1.0012 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 13 days: Original transaction amount * 1.0013 = approximate returned amount.
  • At 14+ days: Original transaction amount * 1.0014 = approximate returned amount.

You're not going to get anywhere near a 10% R.O.I. At most you'll get 0.14% in a single cycle.

@lonesoul: Looks to me like you're totally wasting your time. You're 8654 blocks behind the rest of the network and therefore staking on your own little fork.

Any idea on how I may resolve that issue? I've had varying wallets 10/10.2/10.2abe etc etc   I havent actually transferred any coins since before 29th Dec - so if i end up losing some staked coins thats no big hassle really.

but how would i go about getting myself on to the right fork? (I have already redownloaded the entire block chain on each wallet - those remaining 8000 odd blocks are whats left from the last time i redownloaded >.< 2 days ago)

(also its not 100% waste of time :-) i have to have my laptop on to work ;-) if i have it off the office get a little dubious about what im doing :-) )

ooh additional also! the current block height on the block explorer is 272,158  estimated blocks on my wallet is currently 271,969 (i opened up about 7 hours ago) - would this not suggest im on the correct fork or have i completely got my understanding of the forks wrong? also how would i end up creating my own fork! lol ima confused :-)  

Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:15:52 PM

Any idea on how I may resolve that issue? I've had varying wallets 10/10.2/10.2abe etc etc   I havent actually transferred any coins since before 29th Dec - so if i end up losing some staked coins thats no big hassle really.

but how would i go about getting myself on to the right fork? (I have already redownloaded the entire block chain on each wallet - those remaining 8000 odd blocks are whats left from the last time i redownloaded >.< 2 days ago)

Download the blocks I uploaded, the archive has been updated daily and is currently no more than 24 hours behind:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_GOSqs6Iq2MTVZNMUVBT0NlQ0U/edit?pli=1

I'll update it again but it'll probably take a couple of hours for me to to upload a new version of the archive.

ooh additional also! the current block height on the block explorer is 272,158  estimated blocks on my wallet is currently 271,969 (i opened up about 7 hours ago) - would this not suggest im on the correct fork or have i completely got my understanding of the forks wrong? also how would i end up creating my own fork! lol ima confused :-)  

Perhaps you started staking before your client was in sync so you create a stake block upon an old block and continue to build that chain yourself. Before you know it you've created your own fork which you yourself are verifying with each new stake block.

It's best to encrypt your wallet to ensure it can get fully in sync before allowing it to stake. You can unlock it once you're synced by going to Command Line Banking and entering:
Code:
walletpassphrase YourPassword TimeToUnlockWalletForInSeconds
lonesoul

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

Download the blocks I uploaded, the archive has been updated daily and is currently no more than 24 hours behind:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_GOSqs6Iq2MTVZNMUVBT0NlQ0U/edit?pli=1

I'll update it again but it'll probably take a couple of hours for me to to upload a new version of the archive.

Perhaps you started staking before your client was in sync so you create a stake block upon an old block and continue to build that chain yourself. Before you know it you've created your own fork which you yourself are verifying with each new stake block.

It's best to encrypt your wallet to ensure it can get fully in sync before allowing it to stake. You can unlock it once you're synced by going to Command Line Banking and entering:
Code:
walletpassphrase YourPassword TimeToUnlockWalletForInSeconds

Ahhhh thanks! I did try with your previous upload on another wallet, but ended up getting an error which caused it to crash. So i thought instead of bugging you (im sure you're getting alot of hassle - those that try to help tend too! so sorry if im annoying )  I thought i'd try the good old method of redownloading everything! - when im all back up on the right fork there'll be a small reward winging its was too you :-)  (so please do pm me your cryptsy key {I currently have 3.5bil on there so can send over a chunk that are definately on the correct fork {well the cryptsy fork})

I did wonder why it was managing to stake them so quickly (pre 8th fix they did take a while!)

I'll try again with the freshly uploaded versions when they get there.

thanks again for the help (send me your cryptsy trade key! :-) )

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:32:20 PM

Made some nice profits with this! Smiley

I think the XPM price is a good indicator of another CENT push. The price will probably drop back to its original level of 0.0033 before going up again.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Aur3

Embrace change

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:34:31 PM

Ok, anyone have config file of CENT so I can copy that to appDATA folder and mine PENNY solo using PigBank as server?

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
lonesoul

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:37:24 PM

Ok, anyone have config file of CENT so I can copy that to appDATA folder and mine PENNY solo using PigBank as server?

If you manage to get a block, you will receive 1CENT - mining is not profitable in anyway at the moment.  you'd be better off working out how much you would spend on electricity and then just spend the same amount buying the coin directly :-)

Aur3

Embrace change

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:42:04 PM

If you manage to get a block, you will receive 1CENT - mining is not profitable in anyway at the moment.  you'd be better off working out how much you would spend on electricity and then just spend the same amount buying the coin directly :-)
But isn't Penny needs miners for transactions?

lonesoul

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:45:39 PM

You need to look at Proof of Stake vs Proof of Work - have a read of this link - http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9082/what-is-proof-of-stake  it was helpful for me (although im 100% sure i dont understand 100% of it lol )

Aur3

Embrace change

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:05:31 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 05:53:50 PM by Aur3

If you manage to get a block, you will receive 1CENT - mining is not profitable in anyway at the moment.  you'd be better off working out how much you would spend on electricity and then just spend the same amount buying the coin directly :-)

You need to look at Proof of Stake vs Proof of Work - have a read of this link - http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9082/what-is-proof-of-stake  it was helpful for me (although im 100% sure i dont understand 100% of it lol )
Uh, thank you, now it all become clear to me.

---------------
Hey guys, what do you think now, is it better to build wall @...03 or is it enough and now it's better to eat ....04 side>?
Just sold UFO and got some 0.3BTC to invest into CENT, what is better option?

bikerleszno

Activity: 656
Merit: 501

XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:19:24 PM

If you manage to get a block, you will receive 1CENT - mining is not profitable in anyway at the moment.  you'd be better off working out how much you would spend on electricity and then just spend the same amount buying the coin directly :-)

You need to look at Proof of Stake vs Proof of Work - have a read of this link - http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9082/what-is-proof-of-stake  it was helpful for me (although im 100% sure i dont understand 100% of it lol )
Uh, thank you, now it all become clear to me.

---------------
Hey guys, what do you think now, is it better to build wall @...03 or is it enough and now it's better to eat ....04 side>?
Just sold UFO and got some 0.3BTC to invest into CENT, what is better option?

Definitely eat 04 wall because is too big Smiley

XBY - New Technology Coin (POSIGN) - https://xtrabytes.global
Telegram Group - https://t.me/xtrabytes_official
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: