Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP BUY WORLDWIDE]BTMine v1 Miner 200GH/s BTC 2.4  (Read 97003 times)
sailem09

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:32:41 AM

Back on my fan pb, I can't force a RPM. It keep going up and down idk why. I set temp target to 50, it's now 52° and fan are decreasing speed.

raaaaaah Roll Eyes

Some numbers seems to be reversed. Try higher target instead of lower.

It's like i can't force cgminer to a fix % fan. I set the temp target at 60 but same problem, it starts hashing with fans at 2600rpm, with --avalon-fan 50 and go down to 2150 and 2060 and 1980 etc etc etc, then stop.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/862849Sanstitre.png

and now its stopped

Just got my machine running  its only hashing at 140gh but I am having the same problem as you after about 6 minutes the fans stop spinning also I dont have any fan RPMS listed under the cgminer status window.

When ever I apply --avalon-fan 20 or any other number they speed up for like 2 seconds then they slow back way down.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:44:13 AM

Back on my fan pb, I can't force a RPM. It keep going up and down idk why. I set temp target to 50, it's now 52° and fan are decreasing speed.

raaaaaah Roll Eyes

It's like i can't force cgminer to a fix % fan. I set the temp target at 60 but same problem, it starts hashing with fans at 2600rpm, with --avalon-fan 50 and go down to 2150 and 2060 and 1980 etc etc etc, then stop.

and now its stopped

Just got my machine running  its only hashing at 140gh but I am having the same problem as you after about 6 minutes the fans stop spinning also I dont have any fan RPMS listed under the cgminer status window.

When ever I apply --avalon-fan 20 or any other number they speed up for like 2 seconds then they slow back way down.

did u flash them ? I did because it was impossible to connect; that's maybe the pb ?
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:11:12 AM

can someone post a cgminer conf page without OC working fine with stock psu's ?

Underclock it to 1300 maybe your psus are weak and it fails, leave the avalon fan config field empty. It will take fans up to 100% but they will calm down slowly, your temps are out of hands. Let it run on fans auto mode for things to eaven out. Rpm will drop top 2200 which is quite low.
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:25:04 AM

Got my 2 today that I paid in BTC.
Neither has the PSU I paid for, even after being this late. I will be reopening my paypal dispute, this is unacceptable.

did not get the PSU? that won't be good.

No PSUs , loose parts, and the replacement power board they sent me for my broken one was crushed and broken itself during shipment. very very unhappy
and it was shipped dhl
pinwc4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:25:24 AM

My miners that I ordered on the 7th finally arrived today Smiley  It was stuck in Shipment Information Received limbo for 3-4 days before it started moving fast.  

I am happy to report that the included power supplies worked fine on 120V for me.  Each miner is pulling about 8-9 Amps across 120V.  

However like many others there were various minor issues.  I ordered 4 and I think all 4 boxes had loose screws rattling around.  Only 1 of the 4 had both blades still attached.  2 had 1 blade completely loose and 1 had only 1 screw left.  And only 2 of them came with antenna's, though I would not run them wireless even if I could so I do not care.  

I had 1 bank of 16 on a miner reporting 0 in the status.  It turned out to be the connector on the board itself, the one of the sockets pushed out.  Something others may want to watch for.

I also have 3 banks across the miners that are running at only half the speed of the others.  Not quite sure why yet.  I touched up various solder joints on the backplane but that did nothing and I do not see any shorts.   Huh

Overall though they are performing pretty well.  Once I solve the problem with those 3 banks I will be happy.
twib2

Activity: 280

Helperizer

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:31:26 AM

My miners that I ordered on the 7th finally arrived today Smiley  It was stuck in Shipment Information Received limbo for 3-4 days before it started moving fast.  

I am happy to report that the included power supplies worked fine on 120V for me.  Each miner is pulling about 8-9 Amps across 120V.  

However like many others there were various minor issues.  I ordered 4 and I think all 4 boxes had loose screws rattling around.  Only 1 of the 4 had both blades still attached.  2 had 1 blade completely loose and 1 had only 1 screw left.  And only 2 of them came with antenna's, though I would not run them wireless even if I could so I do not care.  

I had 1 bank of 16 on a miner reporting 0 in the status.  It turned out to be the connector on the board itself, the one of the sockets pushed out.  Something others may want to watch for.

I also have 3 banks across the miners that are running at only half the speed of the others.  Not quite sure why yet.  I touched up various solder joints on the backplane but that did nothing and I do not see any shorts.   Huh

Overall though they are performing pretty well.  Once I solve the problem with those 3 banks I will be happy.

For your half-speed modules, I have a theory that if they are the kind with two fuses in parallel, one of the fuses might have blown.  I haven't been able to test that since all of my fuse problems have been with the "earlier" board with a single "FUSE1"-labeled fuse.  The two in parallel aren't labeled, but are the two small components labeled with a "P" in the top left corner near the large capacitor.  You might check that next time you have it apart.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
sailem09

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:13:59 AM

raaaaaah Roll Eyes

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/862849Sanstitre.png

and now its stopped

did u flash them ? I did because it was impossible to connect; that's maybe the pb ?

No I didn't flash it the firmware that it came with is 20131110
c2391118

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:22:29 AM

I received DHL number from 1/8/2014 order today... just 12 days later.

If not a secret, where are you from and you paid with Paypal or BTC?

Just received ems tracking number. But how track it?

Seller write number as EE*********CN ems. Does anybody know what post office this?
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:23:21 AM

So after the concerns of some of the people from this thread, here is what I put together. These 2 are the PSU that I purchased to run the miner.

This is the speck of the PSU. I wanted to know if there was anything I was missing in terms of why it is not working? Anything can help.

I then dismantled the whole Power distribution board. I saw no damage to the board. This is what it looks like.

This is how i set it up. At the ESP I tried both locations. Are the PCIe's location specific? The CPU goes in well.

So over all I can run it when the Blade is not connected nor the fan. But I hooked it up to the other side and it ran ok.
I disconnected the fan so only the fan on the PSU moves. Then I plug in the blade and the PSU just powers down. I got the stock PSU running fine and hashing away on one blade. I'm just thinking of getting a 1200w single rail to make this problem go away. If anyone else has an idea I would love to hear it. I feel myself loosing money everyday.. Damn...

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
twib2

Helperizer

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:29:39 AM

This is how i set it up. At the ESP I tried both locations. Are the PCIe's location specific? The CPU goes in well.

So over all I can run it when the Blade is not connected nor the fan. But I hooked it up to the other side and it ran ok.
I disconnected the fan so only the fan on the PSU moves. Then I plug in the blade and the PSU just powers down. I got the stock PSU running fine and hashing away on one blade. I'm just thinking of getting a 1200w single rail to make this problem go away. If anyone else has an idea I would love to hear it. I feel myself loosing money everyday.. Damn...

For the ESP locations you need to run the CPU 8-pin connector from each power supply to those - both EPS connectors have to be populated.  So, what you'll have is *EACH* PSU supplying the 24-pin, the 8-pin CPU (also called EPS), and 2 PCIe connectors.  In my second pic, you can see that I do have the EPS hooked up.  You absolutely need this or it won't power up.  Most likely that is the root of your problems, and you should be up and running in no time.

Good luck!

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
twib2

Helperizer

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:33:25 AM

So, has anyone with these btmine units actually gone up to 1600 MHz?  I saw it was mentioned earlier, but I'm not sure it wasn't just suppostion, especially with other similar clones only running 1250 or 1300 MHz.  Right now I'm happy with 1500 MHz running solid for 2 days straight.  No high error rates or temps.  But, if I'm throwing perfectly usable cycles on the floor, well, I'd rather not - comes from my SETI/BOINC/Prime days...  Wink

Guava

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:55:22 AM

You could have shorted something. 8pin EPS and 6pin PCIE doesnt have 12V on the same side.

BTW, my power board doesn't look like yours. You have more connectors on yours  Huh.

1J1VmJKZbeEvNCxTtpcouini15RDkMchRP
Guava

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:00:29 AM

So, has anyone with these btmine units actually gone up to 1600 MHz?  I saw it was mentioned earlier, but I'm not sure it wasn't just suppostion, especially with other similar clones only running 1250 or 1300 MHz.  Right now I'm happy with 1500 MHz running solid for 2 days straight.  No high error rates or temps.  But, if I'm throwing perfectly usable cycles on the floor, well, I'd rather not - comes from my SETI/BOINC/Prime days...  Wink

I have mine OC dynamically (--avalon-auto). Usually stays on 1450.

1J1VmJKZbeEvNCxTtpcouini15RDkMchRP
twib2

Helperizer

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:06:10 AM

You could have shorted something. 8pin EPS and 6pin PCIE doesnt have 12V on the same side.

BTW, my power board doesn't look like yours. You have more connectors on yours  Huh.

That's odd - I didn't notice that before; he does have a different board with more connectors than mine, too.  If grumpy619 remembered which way the stock PSUs were wired we could rule out using the wrong one, but since he tried both, then it must not be that.

No worries on mixing the PCIe and EPS connectors - it must have some protection built in because mine simply wouldn't start when they were hooked up in the wrong locations.  Once I fixed that, it started up just fine.

twib2

Helperizer

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:08:19 AM

I have mine OC dynamically (--avalon-auto). Usually stays on 1450.

Good to know, thanks.  I was contemplating that but was thinking that with my low temps it might go up higher than I was comfortable with.  Incidentally, I initially started with 1450 manually but it didn't like that at all - it kept restarting and seemed to be aiming for a whopping 15 GH/s or so.  On 1500, no such problem and it was happy as a clam.

twib2

Helperizer

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:13:52 AM

That's odd - I didn't notice that before; he does have a different board with more connectors than mine, too.  If grumpy619 remembered which way the stock PSUs were wired we could rule out using the wrong one, but since he tried both, then it must not be that.

No worries on mixing the PCIe and EPS connectors - it must have some protection built in because mine simply wouldn't start when they were hooked up in the wrong locations.  Once I fixed that, it started up just fine.

Based upon the layout of my card, I'd have guessed that the upper right location (the one he currently has EPS in) is unused and that the correct one to use would be the one on the left.

Another thought is that some PSUs have both a dual-4pin EPS and a full 8-pin EPS.  When that's the case, I've always used the full 8-pin, but in this case maybe he could hook up both if he has them.  I'm guessing though that mere 700s would not provide them.  I'm running a CoolMax 1000ZU and a Corsair HX1050 (yes overkill - but the controller side already ate up one CoolMax 1000ZU, so I'm of the yes-I'll-happily-overprovide-power camp...).

mtnminer

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:18:01 AM

Thank you for the bit of information, I order two without power supplies and three with.  I let you all know what works out best for me.

Mtnminer

My miners that I ordered on the 7th finally arrived today Smiley  
grumpy619

Merit: 255

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:21:26 AM

Based upon the layout of my card, I'd have guessed that the upper right location (the one he currently has EPS in) is unused and that the correct one to use would be the one on the left.

Another thought is that some PSUs have both a dual-4pin EPS and a full 8-pin EPS.  When that's the case, I've always used the full 8-pin, but in this case maybe he could hook up both if he has them.  I'm guessing though that mere 700s would not provide them.  I'm running a CoolMax 1000ZU and a Corsair HX1050 (yes overkill - but the controller side already ate up one CoolMax 1000ZU, so I'm of the yes-I'll-happily-overprovide-power camp...).

So do you think a single 1200 will work for these units. I also plan on adding a knob that I can control the fan manually. Let me know what you think I already have a design that I might try to create tomorrow.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
twib2

Helperizer

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:40:31 AM

So do you think a single 1200 will work for these units. I also plan on adding a knob that I can control the fan manually. Let me know what you think I already have a design that I might try to create tomorrow.

I do not think a single 1200 would work for this, just on power alone.  Then there's the complication of both sides needing the 24-pin PSU connector (though you could get a splitter for that).  I'm thinking a good, solid 1350 could do it.  But these are just guesses.  If you're like me and have a MicroCenter in the area, they have a great return policy both for unneeded and nonworking results.  So far I've given them back 2 CoolMax 1000ZUs and 2 SolidGear 750 Neutrons.  Wink

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:48:04 AM

Got my 2 today that I paid in BTC.
Neither has the PSU I paid for, even after being this late. I will be reopening my paypal dispute, this is unacceptable.

did not get the PSU? that won't be good.

No PSUs , loose parts, and the replacement power board they sent me for my broken one was crushed and broken itself during shipment. very very unhappy

So not only this, but neither of the 2 I got hashes at anything close to full speed.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: