Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:17:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP BUY WORLDWIDE]BTMine v1 Miner 200GH/s BTC 2.4  (Read 97003 times)
twib2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Helperizer

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:30:55 PM

Could someone please post some pics or diagrams of how the wiring should be done. I am having lots of problems getting this thing to work and I want to make sure I am wiring it correctly. thanks in advance.
I did take pics last night but I left my phone at home.  Hopefully you can see how I did it - I'll annotate the pics to try to make it more clear.

At first, I had mine hooked up wrong, but then I pulled the PSU connector board out and read carefully, and it went together and started just as labeled.  4 PCIe and 2 EPS were labeled correctly for the connectors, at least on my board.  IIRC, the PSU connectors closest to the networking side were a "sandwich configuration," meaning that (ignoreing the large 24pin connector), they went PCIe-EPS-PCIe, and you can see or feel for the side that has the catch for the locking connector.  Just put together so the locking connector work and you should be set.  The other PSU connector was different, and I can't remember now the layout.  But it's been hashing well (though I blew a PSU - don't put cheapo ones on; they can't hack the surges; I'm only running one blade right now until I get home and can replace the PSU).

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mchu168

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:32:35 PM

Could someone please post some pics or diagrams of how the wiring should be done. I am having lots of problems getting this thing to work and I want to make sure I am wiring it correctly. thanks in advance.

I can't take a pic, but I unscrewed the control board from the case so that I could get a good look at the sockets before I powered up.  I have a 2 PSU setup, so I used one ATX connector, 2 6pin PCI-E connectors, and 1 8 pin EPS ? connector per PSU for each "side" of the control board. The PCI-E sockets on the control board are actually 8 pin but I had trouble getting the little extra 2 pin dongle thingy on my Corsair CX750 PCI-E cables to fit along with the normal 6 pin plug. The machine seems to be running fine with only the 6 pins plugged in.

Hope this helps.
PaintShopPro6

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:34:16 PM

Hi All,

I honestly believe that this company is working almost around the clock to get orders shipped, but are running into one problem after another.

It is clear that customers have received their products from the 6th, but 7th and beyond have had issues.

We requested a refund because we just ran out of time and patience, but I wanted to thank btmine for working hard.

I know it is frustrating for buyers to have delays like this. It was for me, but still I appreciate their hard work.

Our refund to paypal did go through.

Fortunately, this means one more order from Jan 7 that can be shipped to a later order. Hopefully you all get your units asap.
MaZo360

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:50:15 PM

What boggles my mind is the guy here that says "he doesn't do Skype"

Sorry buddy but your dealing with an international company, people are telling you they reply over skype with no issue, but you don't do skype. If you were so worried about your $2k or 2 btc you'd download the friggin software.

I don't get people.

Anyway I hope more people cancel so I get my unit faster. And if you think there is no ROI on these units, even better.  Get your refund now.

I don't skype I was successful in contacting them via Email. You just have to know what time to do it. I also jumped on paypal so getting money back is not an issue. They had no problem giving back refunds. The thing that got me though is If it shipped why would  they be so willing to give back refunds? That's what don't make sense. If the item is in rout getting a refund is hard unless you plan on returning the item.
I have just asked them same question and was told I could get a refund before the package has left HK (which to me makes no sense either).
motd2k

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:59:26 PM

Sorry buddy but your dealing with an international company, people are telling you they reply over skype with no issue, but you don't do skype. If you were so worried about your $2k or 2 btc you'd download the friggin software.

I don't get people.

Anyway I hope more people cancel so I get my unit faster. And if you think there is no ROI on these units, even better.  Get your refund now.

I don't skype I was successful in contacting them via Email. You just have to know what time to do it. I also jumped on paypal so getting money back is not an issue. They had no problem giving back refunds. The thing that got me though is If it shipped why would  they be so willing to give back refunds? That's what don't make sense. If the item is in rout getting a refund is hard unless you plan on returning the item.
I have just asked them same question and was told I could get a refund before the package has left HK (which to me makes no sense either).

Presumably they have an export office in Hong Kong
mvalley

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:04:31 PM

Right now the market is flooded with mining gear (mostly from Asia) who use gen 1 chips with top performance of ~200 GH/s

Sorry guys, but this price of more than $2000  per such an "antique" unit was well suited for the beginning of year 2013.

Actually you can buy mining contracts worth 200 GH/s with less than your price.

So don't buy it then... and leave the ones that have CHOSEN to do so alone.

it is an antique, right now Bitmain machines are going for BTC 2.2, and only draw about 1/3 of the power, this will give it a lot longer service life

https://www.bitmaintech.com

The antminers are the best deal right now at 2.2. I could only buy one because I'm out of BTC. I wish I would instant buy more BTC but coinbase now caps it at 1BTC per day.

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
udt89

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:12:49 PM

I don't get people.

Anyway I hope more people cancel so I get my unit faster. And if you think there is no ROI on these units, even better.  Get your refund now.

If they can take your money via email (paypal) they should have the ability and courtesy to reply via email. I don't see why I have to go install some third party video conferencing software?

I am glad that you know how to 'deal internationally'. Guess I am just too old to keep up with the times

I deal with international employees everyday via skype. It's much easier for them
PaintShopPro6

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:28:52 PM

Right now the market is flooded with mining gear (mostly from Asia) who use gen 1 chips with top performance of ~200 GH/s

Sorry guys, but this price of more than $2000  per such an "antique" unit was well suited for the beginning of year 2013.

Actually you can buy mining contracts worth 200 GH/s with less than your price.

So don't buy it then... and leave the ones that have CHOSEN to do so alone.

it is an antique, right now Bitmain machines are going for BTC 2.2, and only draw about 1/3 of the power, this will give it a lot longer service life

https://www.bitmaintech.com

The antminers are the best deal right now at 2.2. I could only buy one because I'm out of BTC. I wish I would instant buy more BTC but coinbase now caps it at 1BTC per day.

I was looking at those myself, but they may not ship until the 25th and I am scared of some shipments not going out for the holiday on the 26th. Accordingly, I did my profitability calculations for a Feb 1 start date and am showing a 0.8 BTC loss. If they ship out immediately (they say shipements start saturday), then it is closer and depending on diff increases and BTC price profitability becomes much more likely. Of course, none of my calculations take into account resale price.
pmq

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:39:08 PM

I was thinking about your problem further and I am sure you have already checked this possibility.  Be sure that you have plenty of clearance in front of an behind your miners that they can get plenty of cool fresh air in and room to blow the hot air out and way from them.  If they are placed near a wall or furniture, hot air from one could be circulating into the other unit?

Mtnminer

One of my btminers is overheating, haven't had the time to take a closer look yet. Anyone with the same problem?
I have two in the same room, one is showing temperatures of 35 and 42, the other around 62 and 70 before shutting down due to temp.
Both fans seem to be working, will take it apart in a few hours.
I have the 2nd generation ones, heat sinks facing each other.
Checked, the fans are working correctly, one is sucking air in and the other blowing out.
Machines are in the same room, ambient temp less then 20C (before running them), clearance from walls 1+m, parallel to each other with more then 1m separation.
Hot air from one is not reaching the overheating miner.

Currently in the process of moving them to a hosting provider, going to disassemble the overheating one there. Planning to separate the blades, adding extra fans etc.

On the overheating one, make sure the heatsink is properly seated upon the chips (making contact).
Everything looked OK, didn't notice anything wrong. And the problem seems to be solved also.

Moved the thermocouple sensor a few inches to the intake side (now it's the same as on the second machine).
Also made a cardboard air duct around the intake fan - blades, temperatures seem stable, hashing for 3+ hours.
greenbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:29:50 PM

Been waiting 3 days for a refund, they keep saying "it's coming, please wait."

BEWARE OF THIS SELLER!
Professoruss

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:12:12 PM

Anyone with a 1/8 order get any updates?

ZClassic Block Explorer|BTC: 1Hu6oYgiLeFySD9QjNs9vmDycC4bzWFsQo | LTC: MBHLcCcgq9wV1KtPPPA4egkWU839KCsgGq | ZEC: t1TtiE4yZjqpBSkzJWAS3jKB54t9fMQ9nm4 |ZCL: t1PSxBAKfvXK2EDJPwMQfsBWH4on94fULLV
sailem09

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:30:42 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 04:54:35 AM by sailem09

Anyone with a 1/8 order get any updates?

yeah apparently they wont be leaving for 3 to 4 days from HK.
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:00:23 AM

maybe they exchanged BTC to RMB/USD already
and now are limited when buying them all back for refunds
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:48:26 AM

BEWARE OF THIS SELLER!

You purchase with BTC? I don't think they keep it on hand. I am still waiting.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:29:30 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 03:12:44 PM by Pistachio

EDIT: I think I have the connections right. Here are some pics of the main board setup.

mtnminer

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:42:56 AM

Most everything looks good, but the question I would have is the ribbon connection in picture #9 does not look seated very well?

Good Luck

Mtnminer
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:45:12 AM

Yes, that ribbon cable needs a good squeeze..  A mini bear hug.

Is that first picture a 6 pin pcie plugged into an 8 pin hole?  I can't see the bottom to know if it has the 7/8 pins soldered in.

udt89

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:54:22 AM

Pistachio

You using your own PSU? One or two?

I plan to use one PSU and would like some guidance how you're doing things
twib2

Activity: 280

Helperizer

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:36:37 AM

I think I have the connections right. Unfortunately, now neither module hashes and the fan will not turn on. Here are some pics of the main board setup.

Any ideas? You can see from the pictures the state of things after its 10,000 mile journey.

Your connections look fine, but you really should use the 6+2 for the PCIe power.  Also, I can't quite see the far right PCIe connection.  If you have a real 8-pin cpu connection, vice the 4+4, that's what I used.  Posting my pics from yesterday shortly.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
BeerPimp

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:46:38 AM

I think I have the connections right. Unfortunately, now neither module hashes and the fan will not turn on. Here are some pics of the main board setup.

Any ideas? You can see from the pictures the state of things after its 10,000 mile journey.

Your connections look fine, but you really should use the 6+2 for the PCIe power.  Also, I can't quite see the far right PCIe connection.  If you have a real 8-pin cpu connection, vice the 4+4, that's what I used.  Posting my pics from yesterday shortly.

Earlier in the thread someone posted pictures of their larger first version miner.  They removed the stock psu and replaced them.  They had pictures of before and after.  Both only used a 6pin PCIe.  Not saying that is the right way just pointing it out.

Before:

After:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: