Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP BUY WORLDWIDE]BTMine v1 Miner 200GH/s BTC 2.4  (Read 97003 times)
Bhosted

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:45:05 AM

Well I finally got my unit,

Samething as other users came with screws on the bottom of the box, also Mine had a big dent where the network cable is suppose to plug into the tplink,, the dent seems to have damaged the tplink controller as it was bent inwards. After pulling it open to double check everything before turning on, for the most part everything seemed to be in place and no capacitors were loose or anything, powered it up two fans came on but nothing for the tplink. Pulled it out from the case and started to fiddle with the usb power side bending the cable and noticed that it lighed up when i slightly bent the cable towards the board. so it seems it had a short. i used a tie strap to keep it slightly bent, and it seemed to work, got into system config and configured to my router and it started hashing and was doing pretty well at stock giving roughly 218 or so. Went to bed woke up this morning only to see a red led light on the case. Seems as if one of the PS's died, i sitched the cables around for the other PSU and managed to bring the system back online, with only one side hashing of course. So now it looks like I definately have to replace the PSU's.

But my questiion to the users here is which PSU has been confirmed to work and be stable without burning out ?

I had the same problem with the TP-LINK and after 10 days I did receive a new TP-Link via DHL today. I paid .02 for shipping
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sailem09

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:09:28 AM

Sorry to hear this, I hope you get your refund, it will cost a lot to ship them back.  What happened to them, what kind of damages?

Mtnminer

All 3 miners received, all 3 broken beyond repair. Asked for money to be refunded on paypal. We'll see what happens.

I'm not sure the address will fly to ship back, i asked the seller to confirm this. Also stated I want money to ship back.

I filed a claim with paypal that is now in my favor.

Cords cut, capacitors broke off, tplinks busted, cases bent, etc.. 2 of them nothing inside was connected to the case. 3rd was ok, but broken parts.

I am on the same boat as you regarding paypal. I shipped them back the broken parts for repair and they still haven't accepted delivery.

How much did shipping cost? I'm waiting to hear from paypal on shipping back. I'll let them know that they aren't taking delivery.

Its $378 to ship the hunk of junk from SoCal back to china.

and $118 to send a small 3lb box which they still haven't accepted delivery of.

BTmine asked me to ship back the boards that where defective and they are MIA at there location even do they knew my stuff was arriving this week.
PancakeStack

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:34:54 AM

Take your laptop over to the Miner and connect an ethernet cable into it and connect the other side to your laptop.  Then...

https://i.imgur.com/lBFnQSD.jpg

Pick your Local Area Connection (you should only have 1, but I run my desktop via NIC Teaming so it says #4).  The icon will look the same.  Double click of course.

https://i.imgur.com/41rvSdo.jpg

Click the Properties button (highlighted)

https://i.imgur.com/fnEs0on.jpg

Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click properties.

https://i.imgur.com/veTsV7n.jpg

Check Use the Following IP Address:

https://i.imgur.com/fKvfEV2.jpg

You can hit ok as you do not need any other setting for setting up the miner.  You will have to go back to this and set it to Obtain Automatically when you have the miner setup.

Next open whatever web browser of your choice.

https://i.imgur.com/CWPV5zL.jpg

YOUR IP will be the one on the case.  It should bring you here.

Click Network up top and click the edit button.

https://i.imgur.com/e3GD2DQ.jpg

Then set the IPv4 address to 192.168.1.(Whatever number so you can connect to it instantly).
(EXAMPLE since you have 192.168.1.XXX subnet).
IP Address: 192.168.1.20
Gateway (Router IP): 192.168.1.1  (or if you have UVerse or anyone else that uses 192.168.1.254 for their modems).
Custom DNS: Whatever you set for gateway.

https://i.imgur.com/JBlEasc.jpg

Click save and apply.  It should eventually become non-responsive and at that point you can connect your Miner to your router and can access it from the PC.  You will use the IP Address you set to connect to it.  Also remember you need to turn your laptop back to DHCP (Obtain IP Address Automatically).

Thank you so much for detailing exactly what to do!!!!

Followed everything to the t, but when I reset to obtain auto and then tried to access the ip I set, it could not connect.

Any thoughts on what to do now?

Thanks so much for this.  I'll quote the whole thing so others might see it as well who are as newb to this as I am
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:53:40 AM

Sorry to hear this, I hope you get your refund, it will cost a lot to ship them back.  What happened to them, what kind of damages?

Mtnminer

All 3 miners received, all 3 broken beyond repair. Asked for money to be refunded on paypal. We'll see what happens.

I'm not sure the address will fly to ship back, i asked the seller to confirm this. Also stated I want money to ship back.

Cords cut, capacitors broke off, tplinks busted, cases bent, etc.. 2 of them nothing inside was connected to the case. 3rd was ok, but broken parts.

I am on the same boat as you regarding paypal. I shipped them back the broken parts for repair and they still haven't accepted delivery.

How much did shipping cost? I'm waiting to hear from paypal on shipping back. I'll let them know that they aren't taking delivery.

BTmine asked me to ship back the boards that where defective and they are MIA at there location even do they knew my stuff was arriving this week.

also have mine boxed ready to go back but hesitant to spend 300+ on freight if they arent signing for it. paypal says they need a signature for goods valued over 250 to refund.

space for rent, shilling for sats
PancakeStack

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:22:03 AM

Just thought I'd post some good news in this thread.  I received one miner yesterday.  Both of the Avalon boards were loose and jumping around in the case but amazingly nothing was broken.  there was a pile of screws and a few transistors in the bottom of the case as well (which apparently must have been from another machine.  One of the Avalon boards wasn't hooked up.  Once both boards were attached I was able to mine at full speed (averaging around 200gh/s on the guild site)
greenbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

Sorry to hear this, I hope you get your refund, it will cost a lot to ship them back.  What happened to them, what kind of damages?

Mtnminer

When you opened the case to paypal, did you link to the first page of this for the product page?
greenbtc

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:14:34 AM

Mtnminer

also have mine boxed ready to go back but hesitant to spend 300+ on freight if they arent signing for it. paypal says they need a signature for goods valued over 250 to refund.

What's the option for a refund if we can't ship it back? (they aren't accepting them...?)
M3kk

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:13:46 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 12:31:17 PM by M3kk

Got my unit today..

Should do a cable managament, i dismounted all, and remounted, should resolder a cap, but its ok overall..

I have some questions:
-at "--avalon-fan 20" the "20" means 20% fan speed?
-What dificulty i should se on pool?
-What is the last FW, and from where i can donwload (openwrt for 704N, with cgminer).
-What pool i should use? Ty Smiley.

LE: Got the firmware.. Updated to 20131229, cgminer 3.9.0.
U can get the update from here: http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon/latest/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin
mchu168

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:03:05 PM

I've managed to get both of my units hashing at 200Gh/s+, however occasionally the hash rate will drop to 35-40Gh/s without warning with very high HW error rate.  A reboot fixes the problem, but I'm forced to reboot the machines 2-3 times a day (and lose valuable mining time!).   This happens on both miners.

Any thoughts?
Bertuzzi

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:55:02 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 08:52:52 AM by Bertuzzi

-
dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:02:13 PM

How can I declare wanted criminals in China?

i can give you their address, if you return mine by throwing it though their window at the same time ill add a btc bounty Smiley

mtnminer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:10:53 PM

If it is the factory power supplies like mine, they are getting weak on output.  I reduce my frequency to 1300 and this seems to solve the problem.  I am giving up a little speed, but gaining over all.  I am about to order some new upgraded power supplies!

Mtnminer

I've managed to get both of my units hashing at 200Gh/s+, however occasionally the hash rate will drop to 35-40Gh/s without warning with very high HW error rate.  A reboot fixes the problem, but I'm forced to reboot the machines 2-3 times a day (and lose valuable mining time!).   This happens on both miners.

Any thoughts?
mchu168

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:13:15 PM

If it is the factory power supplies like mine, they are getting weak on output.  I reduce my frequency to 1300 and this seems to solve the problem.  I am giving up a little speed, but gaining over all.  I am about to order some new upgraded power supplies!

Mtnminer

I've managed to get both of my units hashing at 200Gh/s+, however occasionally the hash rate will drop to 35-40Gh/s without warning with very high HW error rate.  A reboot fixes the problem, but I'm forced to reboot the machines 2-3 times a day (and lose valuable mining time!).   This happens on both miners.

Any thoughts?

Interesting - I've been running at 1500Mhz using 2 Corsair CX750s per box.  If the hash rate drops keep occurring, I may try to take it down to 1400Mhz.  Thanks!
Guava

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:17:01 PM

If it is the factory power supplies like mine, they are getting weak on output.  I reduce my frequency to 1300 and this seems to solve the problem.  I am giving up a little speed, but gaining over all.  I am about to order some new upgraded power supplies!

Mtnminer

I've managed to get both of my units hashing at 200Gh/s+, however occasionally the hash rate will drop to 35-40Gh/s without warning with very high HW error rate.  A reboot fixes the problem, but I'm forced to reboot the machines 2-3 times a day (and lose valuable mining time!).   This happens on both miners.

Any thoughts?

Interesting - I've been running at 1500Mhz using 2 Corsair CX750s per box.  If the hash rate drops keep occurring, I may try to take it down to 1400Mhz.  Thanks!

What firmware are you using?
If the latest firmware doesnt solve it use crontab to restart cgminer automatically.

In System -> Schedule Tasks

Copy and paste to last line

0 */4 * * * /etc/init.d/cgminer restart
0 20 * * * /sbin/reboot

This will restart cgminer every 4hr and reboot miner every 20hr.

1J1VmJKZbeEvNCxTtpcouini15RDkMchRP
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:31:16 PM

If shipping broken units back is not working out, it might make more sense to see if there is a trusted member here who could do the repairs nearby (same country would be good). This is what was done with Drillbit boards that needed some repairs. Drillbit paid for the repairs in that case. I don't know if BTMine will offer to do this but it would go a long way in terms of building some trust back.
dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:41:06 PM

If shipping broken units back is not working out, it might make more sense to see if there is a trusted member here who could do the repairs nearby (same country would be good). This is what was done with Drillbit boards that needed some repairs. Drillbit paid for the repairs in that case. I don't know if BTMine will offer to do this but it would go a long way in terms of building some trust back.

id prefer not to waste any more time with this junk and invalidate my paypal claim. the way btmine chooses to communicate also fills me with no confidence of this ever working out.

mtnminer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:43:05 PM

Great idea, I would be glad to list this on my wiki for anyone willing to do for a fee or as "warranty" work if BTmine agrees.  If no one is interested, I would be as a former RF Engineer.  It would be great if we had several people who could offer this service.

These Chinese units will soon be flooding the market and sadly, I do not believe our experience will be unique.  That's is why I created the wiki.
http://www.newworldz.net/Chinese_Avalon_Clones

mtnminer

greenbtc

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:29:46 PM

id prefer not to waste any more time with this junk and invalidate my paypal claim. the way btmine chooses to communicate also fills me with no confidence of this ever working out.

I don't know how everyone's came, but mine wasn't even repairable. One of the units was completely unsecured and had broken part of the PCB in shipping...So I can't just desolder and solder something back on.

Soo....what's the recourse for people who don't want to pay $400 to ship something back and then have it refused to be signed for?
mchu168

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:52:43 PM

Mtnminer

Any thoughts?

What firmware are you using?
If the latest firmware doesnt solve it use crontab to restart cgminer automatically.

In System -> Schedule Tasks

Copy and paste to last line

0 */4 * * * /etc/init.d/cgminer restart
0 20 * * * /sbin/reboot

This will restart cgminer every 4hr and reboot miner every 20hr.

Awesome tip - I will definitely look at getting the latest firmware and possible setting up a scheduled reboot.  Again, this forum rocks!
Reckman

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:53:07 PM

I have had many dealings with BTMine, and I can say they are extremely trustworthy.

Yes, quality is not perfect, but it is from my experience it is acceptable considering the warranty and price. 99% of their issues come from the shitty screws / socket used for the heat sink connections to the case.

I have received several refunds for canceled orders, and damaged units.

Anyways, I look forward to them reopening business.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: