Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP BUY WORLDWIDE]BTMine v1 Miner 200GH/s BTC 2.4  (Read 97003 times)
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:36:41 PM

This is getting ridiculous. 

Ordered 1/8 (they said 1/9)
1/22 was sent a non functional tracking number, they said this is what they received from the shipping company, asked me to resend my address.
1/24 no emails, no responses.  I'm worried they went on Chinese New Years.

After seeing all these QC issues, being lied to that it was in stock, getting junk tracking numbers, I don't have much trust in these guys.

Has anybody heard from them in a few days?

spoke to them today via email, very responsive once you open a paypal claim.

im just going to return it, with it not starting assume the controller board is fried, although i can see no evidence of any damage.

Let us know how the return goes. Are they covering the return shipping? If not, how much is it to mail it back to China?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mtnminer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:38:26 PM

Order update, my first order of two (2) units on the 10th are stuck, evidently at a Hong Kong freight dock awaiting their turn to get on a DHL flight.  Some how my order of three (3) on the 14th found their way onto a DHL flight and are en route to Cincinnati U.S.A.

I spoke with Btmine and they were apologetic and polite saying they are sorry "because recently, China New Year is coming, a lot of goods, so transit shipment getting slow,don't worry"

I know I will have them very soon, but what repairs will have to do before getting them hashing well?  I am eager as you all are but, I must keep reminding myself of the longer wait for my unit from Bitmine Sweden promised in February, delayed till the end of March.  Butterfly Labs many, many promises and delays for the Monarch's and on and on.  I am not as far ahead as I wanted to be, but am still ahead!

Mtnminer
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:41:52 PM

1/22 was sent a non functional tracking number, they said this is what they received from the shipping company, asked me to resend my address.

After seeing all these QC issues, being lied to that it was in stock, getting junk tracking numbers, I don't have much trust in these guys.

im just going to return it, with it not starting assume the controller board is fried, although i can see no evidence of any damage.

Let us know how the return goes. Are they covering the return shipping? If not, how much is it to mail it back to China?

they tried to make me cover it, but it will cost me too much as these things are too heavy. waiting on an update if their dhl account can arrange a collection.

space for rent, shilling for sats
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:44:13 PM

1/24 no emails, no responses.  I'm worried they went on Chinese New Years.

they tried to make me cover it, but it will cost me too much as these things are too heavy. waiting on an update if their dhl account can arrange a collection.

Just curious, what PSUs were you using with it? If PP wants you to pay for shipping, it may be more profitable to sell off the modules on ebay or here on bitcointalk.
dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:47:06 PM

Just curious, what PSUs were you using with it? If PP wants you to pay for shipping, it may be more profitable to sell off the modules on ebay or here on bitcointalk.

stupidly i was using their stock psu's Sad i switched out to some 750w corsairs after it stopped working but the short appears to have killed more than the psus and the network card.

strangely the controller board still flashes activity lights getting instructions from cgminer, including fans changing speed.

Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:50:50 PM

stupidly i was using their stock psu's Sad i switched out to some 750w corsairs after it stopped working but the short appears to have killed more than the psus and the network card.

strangely the controller board still flashes activity lights getting instructions from cgminer, including fans changing speed.

The 750w corsairs may not have enough amps. Check to see if they have more than 60 amps each. I had the same kind of problem you describe with cgminer and it was just the PSU. At first I went overkill and bought two 1000w 80plus gold PSUs with 83a each. Then I tried a 750w thermaltake with 62a that turns out to do just fine. They have a $10 rebate as well right now. I hope this helps. A 35lb return to China sounds quite daunting.
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:00:56 PM

Same from Me, got a tracking number the 1/22 but this status is still :
Wednesday, January 22, 2014    Location    Time    
1    Shipment information received    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    09:15    

They asked me to cancell my dispute in paypal but I refused because I still didn't receive my item and this tracking is not a proof that I will receive it.
They answered that they are not responsible for DHL..

So I contact DHL support and they said me that this status only means that they printed the label with expedition info.
However if I don't have an update "Picking up by dhl", this means that the seller still don't send the package to DHL.

So today I sent to them this info and asked them to contact their logistic company to ask them to give my 2 miners to dhl but I didn't receive any answer.

For my experience, it looks more and more scam but ok some people received their unit so it is not. Since the 1/08 I received new excuses everydays but still have nothing from them...
I'm like you now, I'm not confident anymore with these guys and specialy when they asked me to cancel my dispute (you can only create one dispute by order) while they still didn't send me my miners....

Good luck to all and please update that topic to be sure people are aware of that ...

It took two-three days for my DHL tracking number to convert to picked up and start moving. Hopefully, they are on their way. I cannot say about the dispute process with PP. It sounds like if you don't cancel they will stop the shipment. If you do cancel the dispute, you may get nothing. Maybe they will let you wait to cancel until it shows up moving through the DHL system.
dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:20:22 PM

The 750w corsairs may not have enough amps. Check to see if they have more than 60 amps each. I had the same kind of problem you describe with cgminer and it was just the PSU. At first I went overkill and bought two 1000w 80plus gold PSUs with 83a each. Then I tried a 750w thermaltake with 62a that turns out to do just fine. They have a $10 rebate as well right now. I hope this helps. A 35lb return to China sounds quite daunting.

unless the thing has killed one of the new psus they are fine and rated at 62a and 63a each. both case fans spin up fine with these new ones which tells me they are ok, the dead ones dont get the case fans moving.

sirlimpy

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:10:18 PM

Excited to receive my package. I open up the box and remove my miner. At the bottom of the box I notice 4 loose screws in the corner. I pondered to where these could of come from where they could of come from to all end up next  to each other in the same corner.

To answer this riddle I decided to remove the side of the case. Upon do so imagine my surprise when I see this.

http://www.fleeop.com/asic/btmine.JPG

Imagine my shock at seeing the heat sink placed like that wedged between each other. I now realize where the screws should of went before the builder didn't put them in. I then try to move the board away. BUT I CAN'T!!! The board seems wedged in. I decide to remove both boards and attempt to de-wedge them outside the case. It is at this point I realize that it is not because they are wedged tight that I can't move them but, the fact that the person who built it has screwed 2 screws into each heat sink through the holes on the case for the bottom heat sink. So I can only imagine the person must of had to wedge them together and put real effort into managing to get the screws in.
mtnminer

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Trying to save on bubble wrap and securing them for shipping?  I hope not, but nothing else makes sense!

Mtnminer

Excited to receive my package. I open up the box and remove my miner. At the bottom of the box I notice 4 loose screws in the corner. I pondered to where these could of come from where they could of come from to all end up next  to each other in the same corner.

To answer this riddle I decided to remove the side of the case. Upon do so imagine my surprise when I see this.

Imagine my shock at seeing the heat sink placed like that wedged between each other. I now realize where the screws should of went before the builder didn't put them in. I then try to move the board away. BUT I CAN'T!!! The board seems wedged in. I decide to remove both boards and attempt to de-wedge them outside the case. It is at this point I realize that it is not because they are wedged tight that I can't move them but, the fact that the person who built it has screwed 2 screws into each heat sink through the holes on the case for the bottom heat sink. So I can only imagine the person must of had to wedge them together and put real effort into managing to get the screws in.
macher

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:33:40 PM

Order from 1/8/2014:

Waybill: XXXXX Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG
Friday, January 24, 2014 at 17:22
Origin Service Area:  HONG KONG - KWAI CHUNG - HONG KONG
Destination Service Area:  BRNO - BRNO - CZECH REPUBLIC, THE    

Friday, January 24, 2014    Location    Time    Pieces
6    Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    17:22    
5    Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    17:16    

Thursday, January 23, 2014    Location    Time    Pieces
4    Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    18:51    
3    Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    18:47    
2    Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    16:19    
1    Shipment picked up    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    15:16    
macher

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:49:06 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 06:01:32 PM by macher

Order from 1/8/2014:

Waybill: XXXXX Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG
Friday, January 24, 2014 at 17:22
Origin Service Area:  HONG KONG - KWAI CHUNG - HONG KONG
Destination Service Area:  BRNO - BRNO - CZECH REPUBLIC, THE    

Friday, January 24, 2014    Location    Time    Pieces
6    Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    17:22    
5    Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    17:16    

Thursday, January 23, 2014    Location    Time    Pieces
4    Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    18:51    
3    Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    18:47    
2    Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    16:19    
1    Shipment picked up    HONG KONG - HONG KONG    15:16    

Hi,

When was that tracking number created? When did you receive it from BTmine?

hi, 1/22/2014... pickep up day after (dhl info)
udt89

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:01:47 PM

Got shipping info Tuesday the 21st. Didn't see movement until the 23rd

Just arrived at my house. I already hear shit rolling around in the box.

Let's see how it goes
resort
Copper Member

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:21:50 PM

Hi guys I just recieved my miner today, after being stuck in customs since monday, my order was from 07 Jan.
Can someone please help me set it up since its my first btc miner, i've tried to setup workers on btc guild but can't get them running in cgminer... would appriciate some help in pm's or here on thread thanks-a-lot !!!
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:01:12 PM

btmine had declared only 150$ for customs

had to proove them what i paid, cost me 2 days Sad
udt89

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:09:15 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 08:42:59 PM by udt89

ok here is my unboxing.  but first, can someone tell me the best way to replace that capacitor?  I haven't soldered board components before so I will need to go buy a tool or two.  If you could explain it and tell me what to get to do it that would really help.  Also the ribbon cable has to be ATA33?  Is there anything else that would work?  I'm trying to remove the connectors off an old IDE cable and cut down the BTmine crap cable past the compromised area.  Will this work?

Was definitely opened by customs somewhere along the line. I swear NOTHING held in place.  Every screw was stripped or broke off in the blade.  I think i found 11 screws/pieces of screws.  They screwed the blades into the case basically right THROUGH the heatsink.  BTmine you really are a dick.

So basically I need to get that capacitor back on, figure out how to mount this correctly in the case, replace a cable because due to BTmine being a scumbag some cables ripped because it was a free for all in that box.  Not to mention electrical tape a lot of other smaller gashes in the power cables.  THIS IS ALL BEFORE I SEE IF IT  WORKS.

If i could do it all over again, refund first week and bought antminer.  I'm curious to see if this guy changes his name because i dont think there is one person in this thread that would buy from him again.
portron

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:41:24 PM

Paid with BTC, so that's not an option :\ They just seem to be ignoring my emails now.
mtnminer

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:46:16 PM

My first order from the 10th that has been stuck in Hong Kong was picked up and Departed Hong Kong.  Yeah, finally all 5 of mine are in transit!!!
My order of three on the 14th are in the states, cleared customs and are heading to the destination service area -- Delivery?

Mtnminer
coinjipsey

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:47:33 PM

I now have two left over factory PSU's (sama 600w) if anyone wants them, 0.05 btc for both.
mtnminer

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:57:14 PM

Has any one here in the United States received on of the miners delivered by DHL on a Saturday?  I am hoping some one can say yes   Huh

Thanks in advance for the answers

Mtnminer
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: