Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:51:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:52:18 PM

It is not too late to get in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

had I invested in Bitcoin before the insane price increase. It's specially annoying as I saw it a lot of times back in 2009, but I don't want to be involved in criminal shit I though... ahh fuck.

You didn't research it very thoroughly if you thought it was criminal. If it's any consolation, thousands of people researched it more than you did and even contributed to the community without buying in. There may be hundreds of reasons, that you didn't have money at the time, that paypal blocked your account and you got burned etc. etc.

The question is how many thought "omfg $100, I really should have bought some earlier, I'll wait until they get less expensive" and are kicking themselves now. The major exchange turned out to be a scam, China decided aganist merchant adoption, and not once did we dip under $400 for very long.

Oh yeah I didn't. I thought "all this people will eventually get screwed". Like they would trace back the coins to the owners and shit. Also I just was scared away by the paedo and drugs stuff, so yeah I just forgot about it and thought it was "some deep web shit".

My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
AnnoyMint

Activity: 21
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:41:51 PM

My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

But I am done trying to elucidate the likes of you, and will leave now, never to return to this thread.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

But I am done trying to elucidate the likes of you, and will leave now, never to return to this thread.

Time will tell.  I am not worried.  I haven't lost anything and have gained a decent amount in one year so it is all good regardless.

But I have a feeling we are still VERY early in this.   Grin

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:11:39 PM

If you are a latecomer and full of grief, just swallow that, and inform yourself now. Imagine what bitcoin can do from its current state, based on bitcoin properties and how the world works. If it looks good, jump in. Know, reason and feel, act.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:48:13 PM

My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

Time will tell.  I am not worried.  I haven't lost anything and have gained a decent amount in one year so it is all good regardless.

But I have a feeling we are still VERY early in this.   Grin

Please ignore that newbie troll acct, BitChick.  Everyone involved in Bitcoin knows that whether it takes 2 yrs, 5 yrs, or even 10 yrs, bitcoin will at the very least do another 80-100X the current exchange price.  It's silly to think that the ~2M bitcoiners worldwide currently involved is all that there will ever be involved, ever.  A laughable thought, actually.  If and when the Bitcoin market ever plateaus, I believe at least 250M+ bitcoiners worldwide will be involved.  And that's a very conservative estimate, to say the least.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:54:20 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 07:12:36 PM by Peter R

My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

Time will tell.  I am not worried.  I haven't lost anything and have gained a decent amount in one year so it is all good regardless.

Please ignore to that newbie troll acct, BitChick.  Everyone involved in Bitcoin knows that whether it takes 2 yrs, 5 yrs, or even 10 yrs, bitcoin will at the very least do another 80-100X the current exchange price.  It's silly to think that the ~2M bitcoiners worldwide currently involved is all that there will ever be involved, ever.  A laughable thought, actually.  If and when the Bitcoin market ever plateaus, I believe at least 250M+ bitcoiners worldwide will be involved.  And that's a very conservative estimate, to say the least.

LOL, check the post history for AnnoyMint.  This is a spoof account parodying another infamous profile here at bitcointalk--it's actually pretty funny.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:56:47 PM

And the troll of the year award goes to...  Cheesy

Thank you, kind sir, you made me literally LOL

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:10:23 PM

Please ignore to that newbie troll acct, BitChick.  Everyone involved in Bitcoin knows that whether it takes 2 yrs, 5 yrs, or even 10 yrs, bitcoin will at the very least do another 80-100X the current exchange price.  It's silly to think that the ~2M bitcoiners worldwide currently involved is all that there will ever be involved, ever.  A laughable thought, actually.  If and when the Bitcoin market ever plateaus, I believe at least 250M+ bitcoiners worldwide will be involved.  And that's a very conservative estimate, to say the least.

LOL, check the post history for AnnoyMint.  This is a spoof account parodying another infamous profile here at bitcointalk--it's actually pretty funny.  

Yes.  I know.  The post was way too short to be the real "Annonymint."  Wink I just can't help but respond for some reason?

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:59:46 AM

How could a single unit of something be so valuable?.... How could a single BTC have the purchasing power of 100K dollars?

How can a single metric tonne of gold be worth so much?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
qwerty555

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:52:00 AM

How could a single unit of something be so valuable?.... How could a single BTC have the purchasing power of 100K dollars?

How can 10,000 pcs of printed paper and a good story be worth 1 million dollars of tinned beans?

How can 9 banks with a total capitial of under $1trillion be exposed to derivative losses of $200 +++trillion?

http://www.businessinsider.com/9-banks-combine-for-over-200-trillion-derivatives-exposure-2012-4

That is why the system needs to change.

Edit  that is now  $290 trillion for just 5 banks

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=largest+derivative&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=TFfLU_SHBeWD8QfyyoC4DA#channel=sb&q=total+derivative+exposure+2014&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1389103

As of May 18th, 2011 (the last BIS update available, which covers the period up to January 1st, 2011), the total notional value of all global OTC or over-the-counter (meaning non-exchange traded instruments where there is huge 'counter-party' risk) derivatives is now $601 trillion dollars US.

http://www.bis.org/publ/otc_hy1105.pdf

The actual total is probably closer to $1 quadrillion, as at the end of 2008, both the BIS and the IMF simply changed to a 'value to maturity' model, which is a 'mark to model' method, not the truthful 'mark to market' model for valuing notional derivative contract value. At the time of this change, the total was $1.1 quadrillion for OTC derivative types.

This is the same trick that the private banks and firms have used for the last 15 years to hide massive losses and claim false profits to trigger executive bonuses (it used to be illegal, until the laws were changed under the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations).

If even 25% of these contracts go bad, you are talking about $250 or so trillion needed to be covered. ( this is if the total is $1 quadrillion) The global GDP is only 55 to 60 trillion a year. The definition of economic depression is a 5% drop in GDP over 2 consecutive years.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:32:26 AM

If even 25% of these contracts go bad, you are talking about $250 or so trillion needed to be covered. ( this is if the total is $1 quadrillion) The global GDP is only 55 to 60 trillion a year. The definition of economic depression is a 5% drop in GDP over 2 consecutive years.[/i]

To whom do they need to pay?

If we, the taxpayers, are the ones receiving the reward of our "good" bets, then we should be happy with the 250,000,000 million, since that would about double the wealth of every taxpayer in the world! Smiley

If we, the taxpayers, are not receiving the money, why should we be held accountable for paying "Bank A" the amount equal to all our net worth combined, especially as the counterparty, Bank B, that is on the winning side, is provably owned by the same people as "Bank A"?

If my left pocket makes a bet, valued at the size of the world, with my right pocket, on the condition that whichever pocket wins, the rest of the world must pay everything that they have to this pocket, well, let's just say I have been hospitalized for less Wink

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:34:18 AM

In some countries, like India, gold is part of daily life and built into some aspects of religious and culture displays of faith, status and acknowledgement or reinforcement of social connections. Therefore, the price of gold is driven by the need imperative to buy gold jewellery.

We need to make Bitcoin part of all religions or social displays ( Grin). BTC donations at the end of sermons, BTC as birthday presents, BTC as dowry, etc. 1 BTC for the boatman.

The scarcity and high price of BTC is the thing that would ironically reinforce its desirability, and the circular path is laid.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:43:51 AM

In some countries, like India, gold is part of daily life and built into some aspects of religious and culture displays of faith, status and acknowledgement or reinforcement of social connections. Therefore, the price of gold is driven by the need imperative to buy gold jewellery.

We need to make Bitcoin part of all religions or social displays ( Grin). BTC donations at the end of sermons, BTC as birthday presents, BTC as dowry, etc. 1 BTC for the boatman.

The scarcity and high price of BTC is the thing that would ironically reinforce its desirability, and the circular path is laid.

Where do you need to cross a river frequently? I want to be your boatman  Grin
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:53:20 AM

Where do you need to cross a river frequently? I want to be your boatman  Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon's_obol
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:30:06 PM

I can define a unit called the wachtwoord which is 160 BTC. Right now 1 wachtwoord is already trading @ $100k USD (625*160). Capiche?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:29:06 PM

I can define a unit called the wachtwoord which is 160 BTC. Right now 1 wachtwoord is already trading @ $100k USD (625*160). Capiche?

In this case one wachtwoord should come to the next Malla party, since the unit's worth is higher than the threshold BTC100! Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

In this case one wachtwoord should come to the next Malla party, since the unit's worth is higher than the threshold BTC100! Smiley

rpietila, did you update the bitcoin wealth distribution recently?
Do you care to comment on how NY-proposed rules will affect bitcoin in a short or longer term? Do they even matter?
I hope that eventually some jurisdiction will dedicate itself to people with larger possession of bitcoin (say, 20-100 BTC and above) and provide better rules, taxation, etc.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:25:39 PM

What is the XMR treshold? Tongue

When my XMR stash is worth 100 BTC i'll come for sure Smiley
edit: that will take a while though...
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:42:23 PM

rpietila, did you update the bitcoin wealth distribution recently?
Do you care to comment on how NY-proposed rules will affect bitcoin in a short or longer term? Do they even matter?
I hope that eventually some jurisdiction will dedicate itself to people with larger possession of bitcoin (say, 20-100 BTC and above) and provide better rules, taxation, etc.

The bitcoin wealth distribution does not materially change if the price remains constant.

Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: