Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
frienemy

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:18:08 PM

"Whatever happens happen, im not responsible for it and no one is."

As long as you believe this, you will continue to be a victim.

It's not belief, it's science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FanhvXO9Pk

Im not responsible of my dead end situation and rpietla is not responsible of his rich situation, so to speak.

Dammit, I have given similar speeches to friends of mine. I developed almost the same ideas when I was 17. But still it would be a mistake to assume that knowing about this predetermination, you are unable to change anything and become depressive and lethargic. You'll never know what's determined for you, therefore you have to step up if you don't want to go under, kind of "free will" that is preprogrammed and therefore not a free will. Always a hard thought to convey, but I think we're thinking almost the same. Just don't get freaked out by it and go on exploring the path that inevitably lies ahead of you. If the path leads nowhere, then only in the end you will be able to say you're fucked up with a cynical smile. You can't know until then. Maybe it's not as bad as you think now, although now you don't have any choice but to think what you think. I LOVE this topic Smiley

Kind of like bitcoin is determined to go up, but it doesn't matter which bitcoin philosophy we are following, we will only see in the end.

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:06:16 PM

Im not responsible of my dead end situation and rpietla is not responsible of his rich situation, so to speak.

Okay, I get a sudden urge to throw a beer bottle into the head of that guy... And of course that would be perfectly fine because it's all just a result of randomness and my unhappy childhood and bad genes.

I've watched 16 minutes of this shit, does he ever get to an tangible explanation to why I have no free will?

I think I will go and sit in the corner and do nothing but hope that randomness, faith and my unhappy childhood will make me rich!
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:14:04 PM

You may be right about yourself, but rpietila certainly is himself responsible for his good situation. He has received flak for his decisions to take a position in bitcoin, and will continue to do so for years. If he had followed the stream like most socalled experts, he would have had nothing by now.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:24:18 PM

You may be right about yourself, but rpietila certainly is himself responsible for his good situation. He has received flak for his decisions to take a position in bitcoin, and will continue to do so for years. If he had followed the stream like most socalled experts, he would have had nothing by now.

Your own situation you could blame on high taxes, inflation, uncovered government spending that you don't receive your part of, work prohibition, red tape preventing you from teaching english even if you have the comepetency. Thats government force in violation of rights, and the willing serfs giving them power and resources.

You could try working under the radar, no taxes, keep your proceeds in bitcoin. I have not done it, try on your own risk. Many grown up people regret that they never learnt english and don't want to go to a normal school. In reality, you have the right to the physical manifestation of your actions, including what you earn in trade.

ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:18:21 PM

Bitcoin isn't a cure-all. It can solve some issues regarding economy and politics, but it won't solve unemployment.
[snip]

Actually, since Bitcoin supports microtransactions it could help alleviate the unemployment problem by giving people the opportunity to earn money directly by things like blogging, coaching, putting their art on the internet, making useful youtube videos. Given the right changes in cultural outlook I see a whole new industry potentially springing up around stuff like that.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:57:09 PM

Unemployment, insofar as it is involuntary, is mostly the result of minimum wage laws. With Bitcoin it becomes pretty hard to enforce those laws. If a high school student who is unable to find work wants to sell her anime drawings that take her four hours to make for only $10 ($2.50 per hour) and get paid in bitcoins via Tor, who can stop her?
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:45:18 PM

Unemployment, insofar as it is involuntary, is mostly the result of minimum wage laws. With Bitcoin it becomes pretty hard to enforce those laws. If a high school student who is unable to find work wants to sell her anime drawings that take her four hours to make for only $10 ($2.50 per hour) and get paid in bitcoins via Tor, who can stop her?

Of course as long as an employer isn't paying hourly, someone can always sell something at a low enough price that the average pay clocks in at lower than minimum wage bitcoin or no bitcoin...  and lots of industries (construction, restaurant, dancing) use similar dodges with tips, hours, locker rentals, etc to avoid minimum wage laws and to avoid offering health insurance... I have not done statistical research but it seems like these laws sometimes just provide greater profitability to companies large enough to purchase clever lawyers.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:14:04 PM

So rpietila is starting a Bitcoin illuminati Rothchild Bildercoin group from hell. Meanwhile im unemployed and still don't have an entire BTC.  Financial freedoom Roll Eyes

What's your age range and your skills?  Rpietilla is in his late 30s I think (even though some of his pictures look older.. he he he), so he has had some opportunities (and most likely should admit luck) to have achieved a form of financial freedom - nonetheless, NO one's financial freedom is completely ensured unless they are sure that their assets are sufficiently diversified and hedged.  Also, the person must be able to live within the means of the passive income from the assets.  Accordingly, there may be a need to continuously monitor the status of such "financial freedom" - unless the wealth buffer remains sufficiently great in order to make any threat to "FF" a non-issue.

Im in my mid 20's and my skills aren't anything that can be moniterised, or that can give you more than peanuts, I like music and as you can see I can type in english but I cant teach it because my acccent is shit as I dont have any english friends. My country has the most unemployment in europe. Even if I had skills I would be fucked anyway. Bitcoin doesnt solve this.
Also, freewill is an ilusion, this is why is absurd to think people have done anything for themselves, is just a chain of events, no one is responsible of their situation, im not responsible of my situation and rich people aren't responsible of their situation. Freewill, freemarket, all an ilusion.

So you're either Spanish or Greek. I once worked in an foreign language school in Tarifa, Spain. The main teacher there could not pronounce one single English word a hundred percent correctly, still he was teacher. Even here in Germany, I had English teachers with very strong accent. So never mind, your English skills seem to be good enough for teaching. Furthermore, I myself do not speak to English speakers frequently, but I managed to strip off most of my accent myself. You can learn that, too.

Or if you like music, try to make something out of it. I learned to play the guitar when I was 13, all by myself, until now I haven't learned to play by musical score, but I nevertheless I give guitar lessons to beginners once in a while.

I agree that it's not always free will that leads to success or failure. Often the successful are predetermined to be successful because they have the predetermined personality to achieve (which is both a positive and a negative characteristic). I'm not a big "achiever", but I don't want to be one either, I'm content with keeping life simple. I don't need much money. Just try some things according to your abilities and in the end you will still live. If you are able to save a Euro or two and put it into bitcoin, in the end you might still achieve financial freedom. Even if you can't work against - as you might see them - big forces, which keep the successful on top and keep your spirit down, you can try to use the small forces in yourself to make the best out of it. The best for one might not always be perfect, but it's still better than a lifelong depression.

Thats correct, and no I can't be a teacher or get any job at 25 without experience, they always want experience. Im considering studying something this year just to not stay at home again and hopefully meet some girls too, but fuck it, I didn't enroll so i'll have to enroll in whatever spots are left in september.

And no Bitcoin will not achieve shit for me if I don't have any spare fiat to invest on it, which I don't. Basically the little BTCs are get are thanks to Stunna which is like the only way to get Bitcoins these days, he's doing God's work. Once he stops the adv campaing then im fucked.
Bitcoin will never go high enough for me to achieve financial freedom because for that you need at least what? 100 BTC, so not gonna happen.

Being on a dead end is awesome.

GiveBTCpls: 

You have made several points in your various posts around this topic of lack of free will and your current predictament(s). 

You seem to have such negative attitude about possibilities that it seems difficult to influence you otherwise b/c you seem set in your ways, in various respects, which in my thinking may cause your prophecy to become self-fulfilling.

If you are in your mid-20s, and you feel that you have NO hope, then you are going to be much worse in your 30s, 40s and 50s, if you are so lucky (or unlucky) to live so long.  I am nearing 50, so I cannot do as many things as I was able to do in my 20s, and I cannot make as many plans b/c of the age factor; however, when I was in my teens, I was just going with the flow, and by the time I was in my early 20s, I was making plans for my future.  One thing that I learned in my early 20s was to set goals and to attempt to make progress towards those goals on a daily basis.  Otherwise, there are so many distractions in life that can take you off course from your plan(s)/goal(s).

Figuring out some long term skills that you can learn in 3-5 years, and then applying those skills would NOT be too late in your 30s to have developed and followed through with a plan.

Also, with BTC, it is NOT all or NOTHING.  You are actually lucky to already know about BTC, and accordingly, you can figure out ways to earn or invest in BTC on a dollar cost average basis (or a regular basis to build your stock of it).  There is NO need to believe that the only way to profit from BTC is to own 100BTC or to go balls to the walls and put all of your nuts/eggs into the BTC basket. 

Your signature is another give away of your negative/victim mentality.    Few people want to give anything to beggars or to people without a plan b/c the one with the BTC is going to think that you will just pilfer away whatever they give, and so you do NOT deserve to receive the BTC.  In this sense, you have to work on creating an image in which people think that it is good to invest in you b/c you are investing in yourself and that you are making a plan and that you are following through with the plan that you made. 

Plans are NOT set in stone, and some parts of you plan should be flexible enough to evolve with changing circumstances.. .but NONETHELESS, it would be wise for you to create a meaningful long term plan that you can strive towards achieving, rather than mauling in negativity and lack of free will mumbo jumbo.  Certainly there are a lot of obstacles, and certainly, there are more obstacles for some people rather than for others - however in the end, you continue to have some control over your destiny, even when I agree that there are a lot of aspects that are outside of your control.  NONETHELESS, you can still work towards making advancements in your current condition through aspects of your life that you can control. 

On the other hand, if you create NO plan and you continue to believe that everything is futile and predetermined, you are likely going to have continuing bad luck in life.  So, think towards the positive and strive towards positive progress - otherwise you are fucked (to put it frankly).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:16:01 PM

That's baloney... Unemployment is much more complicated an issue than merely the level of minimum wage laws.

There are a variety of infrastructure issues and societal concerns about the distribution of wealth.  If companies and the rich decide how profits are distributed, then they are going to maintain high unemployment in order to exploit workers and there is NO incentive to invest in the infrastructure if there is NOT a decent system of government to protect various assets and making those kinds of infrastructure investments.  A very complex issue indeed, and bitcoin is NOT going to solve all of these kinds of political problems, even though bitcoin can contribute towards resolving some monetary corruption problems.. and to potentially provide a deflationary investment vehicle for the masses.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:37:52 PM

That's baloney... Unemployment is much more complicated an issue than merely the level of minimum wage laws.

There are a variety of infrastructure issues and societal concerns about the distribution of wealth.  If companies and the rich decide how profits are distributed, then they are going to maintain high unemployment in order to exploit workers and there is NO incentive to invest in the infrastructure if there is NOT a decent system of government to protect various assets and making those kinds of infrastructure investments.  A very complex issue indeed, and bitcoin is NOT going to solve all of these kinds of political problems, even though bitcoin can contribute towards resolving some monetary corruption problems.. and to potentially provide a deflationary investment vehicle for the masses.

yeah, the issue is split almost 50/50 at research institutions/universities about whether raising minimum wage is good or bad. there is no consensus, so what you believe is just what you believe.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:58:10 PM

yeah, the issue is split almost 50/50 at research institutions/universities about whether raising minimum wage is good or bad. there is no consensus, so what you believe is just what you believe.

Yeah right!!!!  50/50.  you are giving way too much credit to these stupid theories about minimum wage being the whoa is me problem in society.  There are much bigger problems regarding lack of community input and lack of investment and too much money and control going to too few at the very top.  This has been a problem for a long time, yet you can muddy the issue as much as you want by trying to suggest that there is some kind of meaningful split of opinion... when there is NOT.

Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:57:53 PM

Yeah right!!!!  50/50.  you are giving way too much credit to these stupid theories about minimum wage being the whoa is me problem in society.  There are much bigger problems regarding lack of community input and lack of investment and too much money and control going to too few at the very top.  This has been a problem for a long time, yet you can muddy the issue as much as you want by trying to suggest that there is some kind of meaningful split of opinion... when there is NOT.

You have some pretty bad economic intuitions.  It's a fairly fundamental tenet of economics that if you increase the price of something, demand for it goes down. 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:59:40 PM

You have some pretty bad economic intuitions.  It's a fairly fundamental tenet of economics that if you increase the price of something, demand for it goes down. 

Yes.  I understand basic economics, and I understand that there is more than one formula to be used to analyze a situation.  As you may understand, we do NOT use supply and demand to analyze all economic questions.

Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:37:37 AM

Yes.  I understand basic economics, and I understand that there is more than one formula to be used to analyze a situation.  As you may understand, we do NOT use supply and demand to analyze all economic questions.

So you're saying supply and demand do not apply to labor?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:49:47 AM

So you're saying supply and demand do not apply to labor?

I am saying that the situation and balance is much more complex.  If we have a large system in which the very wealthy are enjoying enormous profits, then the solution is NOT to give more to them and to leave lower income echelons to the "free market."  The problem is NOT only about minimum wage but a lot of aspects of the role of government and government regulation and the use of tax dollars.  The question is also political in the sense that the community needs to decide how to allocate wealth and public resources and what level of public services that it wants to provide and how much of those public resources to leave towards voluntary measures.

Bitcoin can play a role in some of these macro-economic factors b/c it changes some of the dynamics concerning the value of money and potentially provides more control to the people concerning their being able to save.

Supply and demand considerations do apply to labor and this is just one factor to consider when determining whether there should be a minimum wage, and if so how such minimum wage should be applied to various sectors of workers or communities... and whether there should be exemptions.

tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:57:41 AM

So rpietila is starting a Bitcoin illuminati Rothchild Bildercoin group from hell. Meanwhile im unemployed and still don't have an entire BTC.  Financial freedoom Roll Eyes

What's your age range and your skills?  Rpietilla is in his late 30s I think (even though some of his pictures look older.. he he he), so he has had some opportunities (and most likely should admit luck) to have achieved a form of financial freedom - nonetheless, NO one's financial freedom is completely ensured unless they are sure that their assets are sufficiently diversified and hedged.  Also, the person must be able to live within the means of the passive income from the assets.  Accordingly, there may be a need to continuously monitor the status of such "financial freedom" - unless the wealth buffer remains sufficiently great in order to make any threat to "FF" a non-issue.

Im in my mid 20's and my skills aren't anything that can be moniterised, or that can give you more than peanuts, I like music and as you can see I can type in english but I cant teach it because my acccent is shit as I dont have any english friends. My country has the most unemployment in europe. Even if I had skills I would be fucked anyway. Bitcoin doesnt solve this.

Bitcoin isn't a cure-all. It can solve some issues regarding economy and politics, but it won't solve unemployment. You can however use trading to make money - even if you start small. And I do live in Greece btw where unemployment is like 30% / young unemployment is over 60%.

The primary problem is not Bitcoin, the socioeconomic environment etc etc. These are excuses. 99% of the people don't have a vision of what they want to achieve. They live life as life comes to them instead of planning it. Once you have a proper vision, and reinforce it through your subconscious (subconscious programming, visualization etc), stuff will start falling into place. With no vision/purpose, you can't do much. Your body and mind are like a car that goes circles - with no destination.

Trading is too risky and not worth if you are playing with peanuts, whenever i've tried trading I fuck half it up of the times. Whatever happens happen, im not responsible for it and no one is. In a way we are just discovering our lifes which are already determined, this is a hard thing to grasp. This is also why objectively no one deserves to be poor or rich, or be be punished because they killed someone or what not. I mean of course we need to lock "the bad guys" for our own safety, but it's not their fault. Like a I said, it's a hard thing to grasp.

If you are interested in digital currency why not enrol in the MOOC Digital Currency course through Uni of Nicosia? The 3 month introduction is free and the rest of the Masters course is expensive but they are handing out grants to the underprivileged.

Otherwise, try experimenting with your attitude. A determined, positive outlook surely beats hopelessness, give it a try.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:45:50 AM

regarding unemployment:

the only thing I'd say causes more unemployment than minimum wage laws is the progress of technology. And that should be a good thing. Technology is freeing humans from stressful, monotone and harmful work. A cause for celebration. Productivity is going through the roof. The one reason why this is a cause for lament instead of celebration is that we have a system where you need to earn money in order to sustain yourself and the most accepted form of getting money is to work for it/have a job. Sooner or later something has to break, because the trend of accelerating progress in technology and the correlated trend of decreasing availability of jobs won't be stopping any time soon.

Yes, there will always be creation of new jobs, which didn't exist before but is the rate at which these are created really equivalent to the rate of job destruction caused by technology? I don't think so. 250 years ago technology displaced human labor from agriculture...into industry. Later the same happened to industry jobs and now most developed economies have a 70 - 80% share of service industry in their economies. Technology has already begun to displace human labor from there as well. But human labor has nowhere left to migrate.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2069

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:43:01 AM

I'm bullish and patient for both BTC and XMR. The only reason is I couldn't fill up my stash yet.
I don't complain if we hang around 3-digits until the end of this year.

Would you rather fall back into the 2-digits? Wink

It was my message, copied by spambot which is banned right now. I don't think we'll see that type of crash even in the worst case scenario. Below 600 is already a buy chance and waiting new lows could cost you more.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bling Bling

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:16:41 PM

What is this castle everyone's talking about? Is it some secret hideout for us real BitcoinMillionaires? Why hasn't anybody told me yet???

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
statoshi

Activity: 25
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:38:44 PM

Malla: http://bitcoinmagazine.com/10625/cryptocurrency-castle/
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: