Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:51:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:22:41 PM

Is there actually an updated version on the famous "Risto's long-term logarithmic BTC price extrapolation chart", is the old one from last year's bubble still accurate or what's the most recent version? His predictions have often be shockingly spot-on!

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:06:38 PM

My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

But I am done trying to elucidate the likes of you, and will leave now, never to return to this thread.

This guy is a legitimate troll. You can read his introduccion post, well I did 2 times and I still don't fully get it, just as this post. At least the guy is somewhat hilarious.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:44:13 PM

My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

But I am done trying to elucidate the likes of you, and will leave now, never to return to this thread.

This guy is a legitimate troll. You can read his introduccion post, well I did 2 times and I still don't fully get it, just as this post. At least the guy is somewhat hilarious.

You really don't know how late it is, do you?

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
AnnoyMint

Activity: 21
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:19:18 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 10:33:14 PM by AnnoyMint

Of course you do not get it.  Only inferior minds resort to blatant ad hominem.  And a see you have added the incorrect qualifier "somewhat" to the word hilarious.  And I see no reason for this short shrifting and understatement.

In the early 90s I developed a comedy algorithm  and had extensive conversations with notable comedians about it's use and sought their help to tune it as far as I could before more important projects eventually had to take center stage, if you will forgive the pun.

I must stop to point out that puns, as a form of humor, are almost always the playground of the overtly and astutely intelligent, so I do not expect you to actually see the humor in that flawless comedy execution immediately uppost.  Appropriately this is reminiscent of a conversation I had with Pauly Shore concerning my own development of the comedy algorithm.

To:Paul SHore
Dear Mr. Shore,

As we discussed in our 3rd, 4rth, and 6th emails my comedy algorithm is nearing a perfect balance but I am having to work out some finer details on certain equations and feel you exemplify certain flaws I have discovered, and I offer this information to you at no charge, Indded, it is respect for your work in spite of your serious limitations which drives me to tell you these things.  The problem is I have charted the progress of your comedy and see there is no way for it NOT to fall under the weight of it's own juvinillity by early August 1997 at the latest.

Foremost you must begin to employ greater numbers of *PUNS* in your repertoire or you will lose the brightest of your fans.  Your reliance on:

• Awkward situational gaffes
  • Roles like  'Nicky' in "The Wedding Band"
  • The ginger afro wig
  • The affectation "buuuuuudy"
  • Stoner humor

Is revealing your ignorance of "appealing to the lesser half of the apple" fallacy and is, as I mention up-email, unsustainable.

-AnnoyChuckle

To: AnnoyChuckle

Dude.

How the hell did you get my NEW email address??  Jesus Christ, man, you have a problem. I'm only addressing ONE thing. I don't have red hair, and Carrot Top, who I GUESS you are confusing me with, is NOT wearing a wig.

Go Away.  The next email will be from my lawyer.

As I predicted his relevance faded markedly after his Chuck Betts role in "The Curse of Inferno". I must now point out this was, exactly as I predicted, in 1997.

But I do not currently have time to talk to you about this as I have important tweaks to make to my bullet point list theorum.  This will be my last post for the foreseeable future.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:32:39 AM

My husband and I were careful not to invest either because of the relationship with drugs, money laundering back in 2012.  We waited until we heard that some money laundering rules were at least being put into place before making our first purchase in 2013 right before the April bubble.  Unfortunately we did not go "all in" at that point and just put our feet in the water so to speak. Wink  I feel like fear of the government cost us a few thousand, if not hundred thousand, at this point.  At least we are involved now and it is still early!

You are most likely incapable of understanding exactly how too late it is at this time, but it is too early to say for sure how late it actually is lately, and when the time comes you will be surprised at how early some of us (me in particular) were able to determine how late it actually is.  Lately I have been giving this topic some thought, especially early in the morning when I awake, which in your part of the world would be very late at night, but I actually experience day earlier than you ever could because of the rotational bias of the spherical solar satellite on which we reside being more attuned to my early waking than yours.  It is simply too late for you.

You really don't know how late it is, do you?

I am now fully shamed at the realization of how very late I am.  I realize how futile it even is to try to even try to wake up in the morning.  By the time I wake up I am so late up compared to where the important and smarter people in the world reside that I might as well just put my head back on my pillow and cry.     Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:54:25 AM

Already my favorite satircal troll of all time. This guy puts Proudhon to shame.

Sorry Proudhon.

I don't think we should understate Proudhon's contribution to the field of satirical trolling.  His career reached its apex in January 2014 when he successfully trolled the International Business Times (20 million unique monthly readers): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412280.msg4862368#msg4862368

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:53:31 AM

Already my favorite satircal troll of all time. This guy puts Proudhon to shame.

Sorry Proudhon.

I don't think we should understate Proudhon's contribution to the field of satirical trolling.  His career reached its apex in January 2014 when he successfully trolled the International Business Times (20 million unique monthly readers): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412280.msg4862368#msg4862368

There's even a song about/dedicated-to Proudhon on Youtube. How many trolls can claim that?
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:06:04 AM

Of course you do not get it.  Only inferior minds resort to blatant ad hominem.  And a see you have added the incorrect qualifier "somewhat" to the word hilarious.  And I see no reason for this short shrifting and understatement.

In the early 90s I developed a comedy algorithm  and had extensive conversations with notable comedians about it's use and sought their help to tune it as far as I could before more important projects eventually had to take center stage, if you will forgive the pun.

I must stop to point out that puns, as a form of humor, are almost always the playground of the overtly and astutely intelligent, so I do not expect you to actually see the humor in that flawless comedy execution immediately uppost.  Appropriately this is reminiscent of a conversation I had with Pauly Shore concerning my own development of the comedy algorithm.

Dear Mr. Shore,

As we discussed in our 3rd, 4rth, and 6th emails my comedy algorithm is nearing a perfect balance but I am having to work out some finer details on certain equations and feel you exemplify certain flaws I have discovered, and I offer this information to you at no charge, Indded, it is respect for your work in spite of your serious limitations which drives me to tell you these things.  The problem is I have charted the progress of your comedy and see there is no way for it NOT to fall under the weight of it's own juvinillity by early August 1997 at the latest.

Foremost you must begin to employ greater numbers of *PUNS* in your repertoire or you will lose the brightest of your fans.  Your reliance on:

• The ginger afro wig
  • Stoner humor

Is revealing your ignorance of "appealing to the lesser half of the apple" fallacy and is, as I mention up-email, unsustainable.

-AnnoyChuckle

Dude.

How the hell did you get my NEW email address??  Jesus Christ, man, you have a problem. I'm only addressing ONE thing. I don't have red hair, and Carrot Top, who I GUESS you are confusing me with, is NOT wearing a wig.

As I predicted his relevance faded markedly after his Chuck Betts role in "The Curse of Inferno". I must now point out this was, exactly as I predicted, in 1997.

But I do not currently have time to talk to you about this as I have important tweaks to make to my bullet point list theorum.  This will be my last post for the foreseeable future.

Sorry Proudhon.

+1

Although Proudhon was my first troll. He'll always have a place in my heart and he's stood the test of time.
av123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:20:19 AM

Dear Mr. Shore,

• The ginger afro wig
  • Stoner humor

-AnnoyChuckle

Dude.

Please post more. Thank you.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:20:53 AM

Sorry Proudhon.

but what if this IS PROUDHONS SOCKPUPPET??  Huh  Shocked  Grin

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:59:28 PM

I can define a unit called the wachtwoord which is 160 BTC. Right now 1 wachtwoord is already trading @ $100k USD (625*160). Capiche?

In this case one wachtwoord should come to the next Malla party, since the unit's worth is higher than the threshold BTC100! Smiley

Haha  Cheesy

Just so everyone's clear, I merely defined the wachtwoord to make a point to a guy that found it impossible to conceive any single unit could be worth 100k USD (and 160*625=100k). I didn't disclose anything about my holdings Wink
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:30:17 PM

Lol at the comedy algorithm.
Well going back on top a bit, for these that do agree with that Microsoft chart and are making analogy to it saying we are about 5 years in on that graph... but really, how do you know? Like  the blockchain is compromised and everyone abandons BTC, or it gets superseded by a superior coin with better anonymous features... stuff like that. How are you guys so sure and calm sleeping millions of dollars (for these that do have a lot of BTC, not me... I can wait) while these could happen?

kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:46:56 PM

Lol at the comedy algorithm.
Well going back on top a bit, for these that do agree with that Microsoft chart and are making analogy to it saying we are about 5 years in on that graph... but really, how do you know? Like  the blockchain is compromised and everyone abandons BTC, or it gets superseded by a superior coin with better anonymous features... stuff like that. How are you guys so sure and calm sleeping millions of dollars (for these that do have a lot of BTC, not me... I can wait) while these could happen?

I'll try to answer. The blockchain is pretty much unhackable. It's been tried many times and on more than a few occasions all sorts of bo0th white hat and black hat hackers have tried. Nobody has so far succeeded. If quantum computers become a reality.. which is looking ever further away - this MAY change.

2nd. Because bitcoin is 'programmable' it can adopt a new feature if the Devs write it into the code.. and people adopt the new wallet.
Oh, and something called network effect.

The next 24 hours are critical!
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:58:16 PM

Price prediction based on a dream: 18.000$ in 2016. Posted for future reference Cool
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:04:37 PM

Price prediction based on a dream: 18.000$ in 2016. Posted for future reference Cool

$18,000? This fits with my goal of $6,900 in 2015.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:57:21 PM

Maybe Dec 2016

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

What model is this based on?
I would sell 10% at that point  Smiley

All you need to hit a right prediction is to make many of them at random. Then, once one hit, you point to it and say-aha!
This is the method that many economists are using or so it seems...
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:45:20 PM

we will see 5000 this year
next year ATH at least 10000, probably higher (20000 - 50000)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:50:52 PM

I don't see how $5000 is possible, but I am not a betting man.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:05:16 PM

I don't see how $5000 is possible, but I am not a betting man.

I don't think 5000 USD/BTC is likely to occur in 2014. I'd be willing to bet €1000 against that.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: