Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:05:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722721 times)
fusecavator

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

He's only wasting his own money. There are plenty of good domains out there, and ironically his aren't two of them.
InternetApe

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:49:05 PM

I was actually going to contact him about doing the marketing, but was busy over the weekend and didn't respond and he got his panties all in a bunch.

Oh Well after seeing his responses i'm glad I didn't.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:00:49 PM

IMO BlackCoin could be serious threat to DarkCoin. As a community we should take it seriously:

1. If BC implement DarkSend, DRK could be doomed
2. BC multipool is going to use X11 (this is already happening, it is just a matter of days)
3. I think that more "average Joe" kind of people will consider DarkCoin just a copy of BC because they will firstly hear about blackcoin, which is a big hype nowdays, and they have great  marketing(Apple is big copy-cat, but people find it innovative ).

Pumps (and dumps) happen in altcoin-land all the time. Stop panicking. And if BC tried to mine DRK, they wouldn't impact price much. The more hashes they contribute, the fewer total coins there will be per day.

+1

Epic pump... make no mistakes, epic dump will follow. There is nothing special warranting that price. Auroracoin anyone?

Pumpers have been slowly buying @ 500-1000 satoshi, then Twitter campaign for a couple weeks and careful buy support to pump slowly.
Only question, is it still a greed phase, or delusion:

Result: With careful sales pumpers can get 50-100 times return.
It's not all bad if the new floor ends up higher than before, just a lot of suckers loosing by buying at high prices and holding.

LTC looking like a long-slow pump n dump Grin

LTC profitability is quite high compared to Jan. This must be all the scrypt clones, x11, scrypt-n, etc alternatives as people diversify their mining in anticipation of scrypt ASICs or just chasing new pump n dumps.

Looks like mining is the factor that gets you launched, from there its all about value add and USP.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:05:03 PM

Where is the best place to buy (or sell) darkcoin.
I am getting a bit sick of computerised trading programs jumping in front of me at CRYPTSY.

What other exchanges are good?
fusecavator

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:11:35 PM

Where is the best place to buy (or sell) darkcoin.
I am getting a bit sick of computerised trading programs jumping in front of me at CRYPTSY.

What other exchanges are good?
I like poloniex
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:17:16 PM

New coin symbol/logo text looking good at www.darkcoin.io

Still too many big scary words underneath it though.

To be frank, I think the whole page needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.  The background especially needs to go.

New logo is looking AWESOME! Love that!  Tbh I don't mind that background, but the page gets worse as you scroll down.
mattmct

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:20:49 PM

We don't need a separate donate anyhow.  Much better to have a subdomain on the official domain. http://foundation.    nice and easy, and there is no way in doubting its "officialness" when it's a subdomin and part of the official domain.

Btw, I found some spare cash, and just put in an order for 500 more DRK Smiley + updated my node to RC1.  Exciting times ahead!
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:38:16 PM

Off the top of my head:

• Have this thread locked to all but eduffield and internetape, because it's basically a goatfuck at this point.

I strongly disagree with this. This forum is the epicenter of cryptocurrency discussion on the internet. When a coin moves off bitcointalk, it's usually the beginning of a slow death (the best exception to date has been DOGE, but they used another accessible platform, reddit). Many (most?) of us would not have found this coin if it wasn't for this thread and its high activity (which bumps it to the top). I agree with banning branding talk here, but not with shutting it down.

Keeping Darkcoin on the front page of these forums wouldn't be difficult, but it should be done in a way that this huge cluster of a thread is not the first thing people see.  

Small, concise bites of positive information regarding updates, rollouts, new features, status, etc. on a regular basis.  Hit it hard then drop it.  Show people constant progress with a new headline subject line that they can chew on every week (or every few days or whatever), taking care not to tread into spam territory.  Hammer and reinforce the main tenets of privacy, anonymity, security etc. and why we are different and better than any other coin on offer, in every new thread.  While we're at it, direct as much traffic to darkcointalk as possible.

There is a lot of baggage (and a lot of good info, of course) in this thread.  It's too big and too messy to expect a newcomer to digest.

-Chris

Yes, excellent idea to guide the conversation via changes in the header/title for the week.  Actually, I don't think anyone has ever done that before.  Something like totally obvious, like "this week, what do you see as the pros and cons of anonymity?"  Something that guides the conversation toward why DRK is great "Ways to get storefronts to embrace DRK"  If a subject seems exhausted, we could change it on a daily basis, but always guiding it, and maybe have a suggestion topic thread on Darkcointalk.org Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
jakecrow

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:56:58 PM

The new logo is making it very geeky and immature. I think we're too old for playing transformers. Aren't we ?

I guess this is what Lims called "modern design". You guys are cute. I'd be interested to know more about the creator esp age and background/situation. That guy have evident 3D skills but it looks so very much.. antisocial. Same goes for the majority of bitcointalk registered members. Typical coders and geeky people aren't so famous for their fashion sense and aethetics, nor necessarily communication experts. But this is really getting caricatural !

The identity choice is bad and I'm not hoping for an improvement from now. I hope Darkcoin anonymity feature will be enough to make it rocking on long term. But it's a risky bet.

Not meant to hurt just the sharp truth. As I've been always successful in my own ventures and tired of BS talking, I wish you guys personnal success. If you can work as much as you like to argue and pretend knowing things, I'm sure this will be easy for you.

Just my 2mil..
Good luck.

Geez man. I don't necessarily disagree with your ideas but for someone who loves to talk about how successful they are I'm afraid your interpersonal skills are very lacking. You'd probably get a better response if you sounded less egotistical :/.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:01:03 AM

Im not too happy with the new logo either, it looks like its a mashup of the old logo with the new design that was chosen, personally i would have liked the new one in its original form in Black and White.

Now, on a side note, how many black coins should i aim to keep if i want to become a millionaire?  Grin

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:06:34 AM

Is there a mission statement and a vision statement anywhere?
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:07:42 AM

Sale permanently cancelled. Domain names now only for the developers of darkcoin(eddufield and internetape) Sorry for the intrusion.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:09:23 AM

Off the top of my head:

• Have this thread locked to all but eduffield and internetape, because it's basically a goatfuck at this point.

I strongly disagree with this. This forum is the epicenter of cryptocurrency discussion on the internet. When a coin moves off bitcointalk, it's usually the beginning of a slow death (the best exception to date has been DOGE, but they used another accessible platform, reddit). Many (most?) of us would not have found this coin if it wasn't for this thread and its high activity (which bumps it to the top). I agree with banning branding talk here, but not with shutting it down.

Keeping Darkcoin on the front page of these forums wouldn't be difficult, but it should be done in a way that this huge cluster of a thread is not the first thing people see.  

Small, concise bites of positive information regarding updates, rollouts, new features, status, etc. on a regular basis.  Hit it hard then drop it.  Show people constant progress with a new headline subject line that they can chew on every week (or every few days or whatever), taking care not to tread into spam territory.  Hammer and reinforce the main tenets of privacy, anonymity, security etc. and why we are different and better than any other coin on offer, in every new thread.  While we're at it, direct as much traffic to darkcointalk as possible.

There is a lot of baggage (and a lot of good info, of course) in this thread.  It's too big and too messy to expect a newcomer to digest.

-Chris

Yes, excellent idea to guide the conversation via changes in the header/title for the week.  Actually, I don't think anyone has ever done that before.  Something like totally obvious, like "this week, what do you see as the pros and cons of anonymity?"  Something that guides the conversation toward why DRK is great "Ways to get storefronts to embrace DRK"  If a subject seems exhausted, we could change it on a daily basis, but always guiding it, and maybe have a suggestion topic thread on Darkcointalk.org Smiley

Right.  "How Darkcoin's DarkSend feature achieves anonymity and why this is superior to xyz method."

I would prefer an entirely new thread for each topic though.  I suspect it would be easier to keep the discussion focused and it would give us a valid reason to hit different forums or subsections (depending on the particular topic) without looking like spam kiddies.

Again,  this is the sort of strategy discussion that should be kept behind closed doors until it's ready to be rolled out.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:19:35 AM

"How Darkcoin achieves anonymity and why this is superior to xyz method."

You'll be needing the FAQ section  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=538464.msg5931533#msg5931533
Kai Proctor

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:22:48 AM

The new logo is making it very geeky and immature. I think we're too old for playing transformers. Aren't we ?

I guess this is what Lims called "modern design". You guys are cute. I'd be interested to know more about the creator esp age and background/situation. That guy have evident 3D skills but it looks so very much.. antisocial. Same goes for the majority of bitcointalk registered members. Typical coders and geeky people aren't so famous for their fashion sense and aethetics, nor necessarily communication experts. But this is really getting caricatural !

The identity choice is bad and I'm not hoping for an improvement from now. I hope Darkcoin anonymity feature will be enough to make it rocking on long term. But it's a risky bet.

Not meant to hurt just the sharp truth. As I've been always successful in my own ventures and tired of BS talking, I wish you guys personnal success. If you can work as much as you like to argue and pretend knowing things, I'm sure this will be easy for you.

Just my 2mil..
Good luck.

Geez man. I don't necessarily disagree with your ideas but for someone who loves to talk about how successful they are I'm afraid your interpersonal skills are very lacking. You'd probably get a better response if you sounded less egotistical :/.
+1
<sarcasm>A condescending tone and a hint of arrogance: The recipe for a good marketer.</sarcasm>
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:29:53 AM

Off the top of my head:

-Chris

Yes, excellent idea to guide the conversation via changes in the header/title for the week.  Actually, I don't think anyone has ever done that before.  Something like totally obvious, like "this week, what do you see as the pros and cons of anonymity?"  Something that guides the conversation toward why DRK is great "Ways to get storefronts to embrace DRK"  If a subject seems exhausted, we could change it on a daily basis, but always guiding it, and maybe have a suggestion topic thread on Darkcointalk.org Smiley

Right.  "How Darkcoin's DarkSend feature achieves anonymity and why this is superior to xyz method."

I would prefer an entirely new thread for each topic though.  I suspect it would be easier to keep the discussion focused and it would give us a valid reason to hit different forums or subsections (depending on the particular topic) without looking like spam kiddies.

Again,  this is the sort of strategy discussion that should be kept behind closed doors until it's ready to be rolled out.

Good reason to head over to darkcointalk.org and reserve this space for announcements
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:34:53 AM

"How Darkcoin achieves anonymity and why this is superior to xyz method."

You'll be needing the FAQ section  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=538464.msg5931533#msg5931533

That's nice, I'll be there in a minute Wink

Dang, I've already been there, LOL

I need to turn my brain in for a new one, LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:37:08 AM

Just my 2mil..
Good luck.

You come off as a dick.

Just my 2bil...
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:40:15 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 01:41:58 AM by Propulsion

I think it's important to use both communities. DarkcoinTalk as a dedicated place for Darkcoin specifically, and here because the majority of cryptocurrency users look here first.
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:30:53 AM

New coin symbol/logo text looking good at www.darkcoin.io
Still too many big scary words underneath it though.
Wholeheartedly agree.  Love the coin and the logo but the words "THE ONLY PRIVACY-CENTRIC CRYPTOGRAPHIC CURRENCY. DARKCOIN PROVIDES ANONYMOUS TRANSACTIONS WITH A DECENTRALIZED IMPLEMENTATION OF DARKSEND." sound a little too ominous and scary to the mass market.

Even something simple like, "Safe, Secure, and Anonymous for Everyone." might be better.
Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: