Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:59:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 [2262] 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722553 times)
CripLib

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:41:08 PM

Update on the DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin MasterNode Services problem, as it is of interest to the whole Darkcoin Community:

Thank you for your support.

Lib

UPDATE:

I have just received a reply from DZ's partner as follows:

Hi CripLib,

I was never fully brought on board for the darkcoin masternodes and don't actively participate in it / have never, while I was planning on it I was never contacted with what I needed to do.

--Thomas

My reply:

Hi CripLib,

I was never fully brought on board for the darkcoin masternodes and don't actively participate in it / have never, while I was planning on it I was never contacted with what I needed to do.

--Thomas

Thank you, Thomas, for your reply. I am so sorry that it took so long for you to clarify it. I'll let the community know it.

Can you please help us get in touch with DZ, or at least understand what is going on with him. as he has been your partner for such a long time, as it seems, it is natural that you are possible to help as here.

Thnak you.

What we can do now:

- We must be clear as who here wants to ACT for a solution, and we must form a group;
- This group must contact the forum admins and request them disclose DZ's IPs information in order that he is tracked down;
- With the knowledge of DZ's real location, start the criminal procedures needed according to his Jurisdiction;
- If he is in the United States, for example, the possible scam victims should take this whole thread to be printed certified as a document in any local (English speaking) Notarial Service or in any United States Consulate, in order to keep the evidences protected.

Let's exchange PMs. let's act.

INSTANT GAMBLING  .!..PRIMEDICE.... 0.91% HOUSE EDGE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR BITCOIN GAMBLING WEBSITE
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

Update on the DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin MasterNode Services problem, as it is of interest to the whole Darkcoin Community:

Lib

UPDATE:

Hi CripLib,

--Thomas

My reply:

Hi CripLib,

--Thomas

Thank you, Thomas, for your reply. I am so sorry that it took so long for you to clarify it. I'll let the community know it.

Can you please help us get in touch with DZ, or at least understand what is going on with him. as he has been your partner for such a long time, as it seems, it is natural that you are possible to help as here.

Thnak you.

What we can do now:

- We must be clear as who here wants to ACT for a solution, and we must form a group;
- This group must contact the forum admins and request them disclose DZ's IPs information in order that he is tracked down;
- With the knowledge of DZ's real location, start the criminal procedures needed according to his Jurisdiction;
- If he is in the United States, for example, the possible scam victims should take this whole thread to be printed certified as a document in any local (English speaking) Notarial Service or in any United States Consulate, in order to keep the evidences protected.

There are 7, possibly 8 100DRK Masternode shares awaiting fulfillment here:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/new-masternode-share-9-partners-wanted-100drk-each-1-month-renewable-agreement.1785/

I charge NO FEES (just your share of server costs) and can exchange real-world contact details if required.
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:48:02 PM

Is it clear that DZ is a scammer and not just dead or in hospital or something?
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:55:10 PM

Lib

UPDATE:

Hi CripLib,

--Thomas

My reply:

Hi CripLib,

--Thomas

Thnak you.

What we can do now:

Just wanted to post this here really quick. DarkcoinTalk will never share a users IP address.

If you have been scammed/stolen, it is your responsibility to remedy the situation.

Sorry.

P.S. I also think your jumping to conclusions way too fast.
libivan

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:55:53 PM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/new-masternode-share-9-partners-wanted-100drk-each-1-month-renewable-agreement.1785/

I charge NO FEES (just your share of server costs) and can exchange real-world contact details if required.

with this kind of problem I wouldn't trust ANYONE, unless there's any trustless mechanism available (e.g. http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2aopdl/trustless_coin_leasing_system_that_would_allow )

the thing is, even his long time "partner" is giving lame excuses now...

it's a bad image for the whole darkcoin community. that's the reason why people want government regulations for cryptocurrencies... the scammers Sad
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:58:03 PM

FWIW, I sent DZ 750 DRK and then decided to increase my DRK holdings and set up my own masternode myself. I requested a refund of the 750 DRK stake and received it within 48 hours. Maybe I was just lucky, I don't know. Just feel like I should post that here.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:00:29 PM

with this kind of problem I wouldn't trust ANYONE, unless there's any trustless mechanism available (e.g. http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2aopdl/trustless_coin_leasing_system_that_would_allow )

it's a bad image for the whole darkcoin community. that's the reason why people want government regulations for cryptocurrencies... the scammers Sad

What exactly has government regulation done to protect people from the illegal machinations of banks and the rest of the financial sector? You should have a word with some Cypriots about government regulation...

If you are in the EU, laws have already been passed that state clearly that when you deposit money in a bank, it no longer belongs to you.

Regulation is a joke at the expense of the taxpayer, it exists to protect big business, not to protect the little people.
illodin

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:02:37 PM

AnonyMint's at it again:

This is very preliminary, but it appears to me that all anonymous coins based on unlinkability will not be able to solve the very serious double-spend threat.

If am correct, this is both a major and fundamental solution for longest chain rule of proof-of-work, but it also eliminates unlinkability as a anonymity solution.

Sorry to say. Again this is preliminary, and needs more peer review.

My proposal is that you don't trust the longest chain until considerable n confirmations have transpired, because the majority will be trying to unwind those bogus double-spends. So in my proposal, not only do you not deliver goods until a payment has n (usually 1 - 6) confirmations, but also you don't accept payment from a transaction (history) unless the prior transaction has much more than n (say 100 or so) confirmations. Abstractly the smoothing filter applies from both directions.

Note that CryptoNote ring signatures (and probably Zerocash and Zerocoin also) breaks the type of unwinding in my proposal because derivative transactions are unlinkable.
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:04:00 PM

Any opions on  xpool.ca . Are they fair with their share distribution my s1 says my best share was 1,679,761,040 but my share count was only 6,500,000 for the shift?

I tried it for 3 or 4 days, I was getting about half the DRK I would be getting if I was mining DRK directly... Then as soon as I left they had a bumper run with URO and I missed out on a decent payout...

So my advice would be, give it a week before coming to any conclusions...

Our SHA shift just paid out it's largest payment yet (21.2723 DRK), 2x the payout as last shift due to some hot coins on SHA256 right now. They're still hot to so next shift will likely be a good one too but only if more SHA256 miners hop on.

Cheers!
sorry I'm unfamiliar with how payouts work, my s1 shows best share. If my best share is larger than than total shares paid for shift what happens there ? Is the shares on the pool different the the  shares my s1 recognizes?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:06:45 PM

AnonyMint's at it again:

This is very preliminary, but it appears to me that all anonymous coins based on unlinkability will not be able to solve the very serious double-spend threat.

If am correct, this is both a major and fundamental solution for longest chain rule of proof-of-work, but it also eliminates unlinkability as a anonymity solution.

Sorry to say. Again this is preliminary, and needs more peer review.

My proposal is that you don't trust the longest chain until considerable n confirmations have transpired, because the majority will be trying to unwind those bogus double-spends. So in my proposal, not only do you not deliver goods until a payment has n (usually 1 - 6) confirmations, but also you don't accept payment from a transaction (history) unless the prior transaction has much more than n (say 100 or so) confirmations. Abstractly the smoothing filter applies from both directions.

Note that CryptoNote ring signatures (and probably Zerocash and Zerocoin also) breaks the type of unwinding in my proposal because derivative transactions are unlinkable.

So, wait until the network has confirmed the transaction a number of times then... like everyone already does.

Not seeing an issue here for Darkcoin.
ibcrypto

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:08:12 PM

Wallet App on this rig would do DRK right...

https://www.blackphone.ch/
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:11:42 PM

The "trustless" systems thus described (like multisig) have their own issues. What happens if someone dies? I think there is a "two out of three" or similar setup that could help with that, but it's still not perfect (particularly if one of the people involved has more coins at stake than the rest; the two with less could collude and take the coins from the guy with more, etc).

Interested to hear more ideas though. (also considering offering my own services, but yeah, always that trust thing) Edit: or just use crouton's.
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:13:55 PM

FWIW, I sent DZ 750 DRK and then decided to increase my DRK holdings and set up my own masternode myself. I requested a refund of the 750 DRK stake and received it within 48 hours. Maybe I was just lucky, I don't know. Just feel like I should post that here.

Yes, ddink7 is right. It's early to make assumptions: It would make no sense that DZ acted dishonestly, he had a lot to earn as MasterNode admin, and he has shared so much of his personal info.

I am sure something unexpected happened to DZ and everything will be fine in the end.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:14:02 PM

Wallet App on this rig would do DRK right...

https://www.blackphone.ch/

Sounds like you can install Google Play, or just use discrete apks.

https://support.blackphone.ch/customer/portal/questions/8035103-can-i-use-normal-apps-from-the-android-store-

So you should be able to use the existing android wallet.
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:15:49 PM

Any opions on  xpool.ca . Are they fair with their share distribution my s1 says my best share was 1,679,761,040 but my share count was only 6,500,000 for the shift?

I tried it for 3 or 4 days, I was getting about half the DRK I would be getting if I was mining DRK directly... Then as soon as I left they had a bumper run with URO and I missed out on a decent payout...

Our SHA shift just paid out it's largest payment yet (21.2723 DRK), 2x the payout as last shift due to some hot coins on SHA256 right now. They're still hot to so next shift will likely be a good one too but only if more SHA256 miners hop on.

Cheers!
sorry I'm unfamiliar with how payouts work, my s1 shows best share. If my best share is larger than than total shares paid for shift what happens there ? Is the shares on the pool different the the  shares my s1 recognizes?

Best share is different to shares on a pool.

In the CGMiner display, it'll show the current coin difficulty (67.6 Million is how it shows LTC right now, although you divide that by 65536 to get the actual difficulty of 1031 at this moment).
And under Best Share, it says my best is 5.23 Million.
So what does that mean?  The best hash one of my GPUs on that PC made was roughly 1/12 of a complete valid hash?  What if my Best Share was 1 million or 10 million?  Would one of my hashes be closer to a correct answer if a higher number is showing in Best Share?

The Best Share shows the difficulty value corresponding to the lowest hash value that your miner has computed so far.

The concept is simple, but it is difficult to explain. The difficulty determines the highest hash value that can solve a block. If your miner computes a hash value that is lower than that maximum, then you have solved a block.

Keep in mind that there is some ambiguity in the term "difficulty". Generally, when people refer to the difficulty, they are referring to the value that determines the maximum hash value that will solve a block. However, when someone refers to the difficulty of a particular block, they really mean the difficulty value that corresponds to the block's hash value . In other words, if a block's difficulty is X, then it has a hash value that would have solved the block the difficulty were X. A block doesn't really have a difficulty, but sometimes it is useful to refer to the hash value in terms of difficulty.

If your Best Share is more than the current difficulty, it means that you have solved at least one block.
If your Best Share is more than the current share difficulty, it means that you have gotten at least one share.

illodin

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:17:23 PM

Not seeing an issue here for Darkcoin.

That's right, as I understand it the issue is with "unlinkable" transactions like CryptoNote.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:18:56 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 03:31:48 PM by thelonecrouton

The "trustless" systems thus described (like multisig) have their own issues. What happens if someone dies? I think there is a "two out of three" or similar setup that could help with that, but it's still not perfect (particularly if one of the people involved has more coins at stake than the rest; the two with less could collude and take the coins from the guy with more, etc).

Interested to hear more ideas though. (also considering offering my own services, but yeah, always that trust thing) Edit: or just use crouton's.

I agree, multisig introduces as many problems as it solves. At the end of the day if you are doing business with someone you ideally need to know your partners well. There is no cryptographic wizardry that eliminates the possibility of someone deciding to act like an ass.

edit, WRT illodin's post below: smart contracts cetainly shift the trust elsewhere (eg. into software) but they don't eliminate it. Nothing is without risk and you still need to do your due diligence.
illodin

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:20:02 PM

There could be a smart contract created that expires in 30 days (or whatever duration you choose to run the MN), and after 30 days it sends the coins back. No idea how to do that though, probably something that could be done with BitHalo / BlackHalo.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:22:26 PM

Any opions on  xpool.ca . Are they fair with their share distribution my s1 says my best share was 1,679,761,040 but my share count was only 6,500,000 for the shift?

Cheers!

Only confirmed shares are paid. Confirmed shares, are shares that you've submitted and contributed to the finding of a block and that has matured during the shift.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:23:50 PM

All those waiting to "buy back in" when the next development is announced, your numbers are mounting. You know what that means - liquidity crisis.

Even with the current price sink there's only about 10,000 DRK on the orderbook. When all these "I'll buy back when the price hits x" or "...when RC4 is announced" folk decide to go long they're going to be fighting over vapour because there's barely any volume in the current dip and so the volume in the asks will dry up like a puddle of meths on a car bonnet in death valley.

The trades right now are all in single or double figures. 1, 2, 10 and 20 DRK shots. The market is illiquid. I'm sorry, but you can't buy in at 8 or 7 or 6. Look what happened last night as soon as any significant liquidity appeared (around 1.5k) - munched in a few minutes.

In short, it's not price you people should be worrying about, it's liquidity. And right now there isn't any cos nobody's selling.

Exactly. If you consider in the amount of those people that will also then setup a MN, in addition to the already increasing number, the fight shall be a hard one.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 ... 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 [2262] 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: