Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:11:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:30:53 PM

However you should listen the trolls.. because they hit your weakpoints.. and you should know your weak points and make them strong. It's true that there is a big hole filled just with a lot of words. and is true that some dev could come with some kind of update. They are not gonna clone nem from a few words from a dev.

not sure what kind of update do you want. It was already said several times that we are working on proof of importance (poi) algorithm and integration. After that and a few small optimizations, we can start to set up a test net. (all the rest are more and less finished). That was an update because there was nothing concrete like a product or a white paper to show for the time being. Now if you choose not to trust that is what is going one, then it is an entirely different matter from having an update or not.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
NEM-Multi

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:36:44 PM

However you should listen the trolls.. because they hit your weakpoints.. and you should know your weak points and make them strong. It's true that there is a big hole filled just with a lot of words. and is true that some dev could come with some kind of update. They are not gonna clone nem from a few words from a dev.

not sure what kind of update do you want. It was already said several times that we are working on proof of importance (poi) algorithm and integration. After that and a few small optimizations, we can start to set up a test net. (all the rest are more and less finished). That was an update because there was nothing concrete like a product or a white paper to show for the time being. Now if you choose not to trust that is what is going one, then it is an entirely different matter from having an update or not.  

the guru has spoken and again just empty words
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:38:49 PM

poor you
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:45:32 PM

poor you

Probably Emule or Pinarello incarnation. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Picsou

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:05:35 PM

By doing small sentences, he has improved his english  Grin
CryptoniteToSuperman

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:16:22 PM

can i suggest launching the stakes as assets on the nxt asset exchange? with it launching tonight, if you issue the assets tonight/tomorrow you can gain a little publicity from by reaching people on there that may not have known about nem. it also seems the fastest and most user friendly asset exchange there will be at this time. a lot of your stake holders would be nxt holders also to so convenience comes into play also!

Now, that would be interesting. But there is no NEM-coins yet, so it could only be "name on the stakeholderlist" -asset ??
GHz1

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:50:02 PM

You can be a Nember of a club but you are a Nemster  Smiley

I thought of a hamster when reading Nemster.

I found the Nemsters.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jOHwjjhFTac/hqdefault.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOHwjjhFTac

++++++ New marketing idea ++++++

It would be cool if we made our own NEM hip hop video for promoting NEM to the younger crowd.
We can use the audio from the Black Sheep song The Choice is Yours and have someone change-up the lyrics: "You can get with NEM or you can get with them."
Do we need to get permission or would it be considered sampling/parody?

It would be AWESOME if we got the actual Black Sheep group to help us!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sheep_%28hip_hop_group%29

Here is their contact info: www.dresblacksheep.com/book.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:02:22 PM

can i suggest launching the stakes as assets on the nxt asset exchange? with it launching tonight, if you issue the assets tonight/tomorrow you can gain a little publicity from by reaching people on there that may not have known about nem. it also seems the fastest and most user friendly asset exchange there will be at this time. a lot of your stake holders would be nxt holders also to so convenience comes into play also!

Now, that would be interesting. But there is no NEM-coins yet, so it could only be "name on the stakeholderlist" -asset ??

No, utopian would issue "nem stake assets" on the nxt asset exchange, each nem stake asset represents ownership of one nem stake. The issuer (utopian) would hold all the assets on his nxt account waiting to be distributed to stake holders.

I would suggest a period of time to go by between the start of people sending nxt addresses and distribution of the assets, perhaps a week. So that everyone gets their stake asset at the same time, otherwise some may benefit kore then others due to heavy price swings immediatly prior to the first asset distributions.

Stake holders set up a nxt account and send utopian a pm on this forum from the account in the stake holder list, or a public post on a specific thread, containing the nxt address they wish there stake "asset" to be sent to. Utopian sends nem stake assets to everyone to trade them and then people can start trading them on the open market.

When it comes time to redeem the assets(at coin launch when a wallet has been released) who ever owns the assets at that stage and wishes to redeem there stake transfers the nem stake asset back to utopian with a message atatched containing the nem address they wish there coins to be sent to. The nem stake assets would represent the set amount of 156m coins and be redeemable at a 1:1 ratio. It would set a very very strong base price for them and you will see strong price rises every time something comes out like alpha beta releases.
Is the asset exchange thingy free or do you pay a set amount for an asset or bunch of assets thx Kod

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
CryptoniteToSuperman

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:12:28 PM

Another tought i have:

I was thinking that auction held, lets say 1. day of every month, with 5 stakes at a time for a year could keep the price a lot higher and be better PR, than auctioning 'em all at once. Weather it's in NXT-AE or not. And give the rest either for stakeholders or to charity on NEM's first birthday or something. Stakeholders could vote what is the best charity.
CryptoniteToSuperman

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:54:03 PM

Another tought i have:

I was thinking that auction held, lets say 1. day of every month, with 5 stakes at a time for a year could keep the price a lot higher and be better PR, than auctioning 'em all at once. Weather it's in NXT-AE or not. And give the rest either for stakeholders or to charity on NEM's first birthday or something. Stakeholders could vote what is the best charity.

people could just freely pm him through bitcointalk to buy at market price imstead of an auction and keep the sale of 135 odd stakes off the market and thus not effect the price with many sells. Alls he gota do is send the buyer of "auction" stakes a nem stake asset to buyers nxt account. Job done. Saves the hassle of originising an auction too. It will give the dumpers a good chance to dump at much lower prices to those who may hold the coin long term, as i will. People dont know what to pay at auction as a price hasnt been set yet. The price would be much better set on the open market then at auction, as many will with hold from bidding in the hope of getting cheaper stakes on the open market. I say no auction. Issue assets. Set base price on open market. Then utopian sells the "auction" stakes off the market. Job done and best price got for them. He can also hold some stakes for later sale after alpha and beta when he will get a much higher price.

So you are saying that we need to wait till June/July when the coin is released and then issue an asset and just change the price daily to follow the price on exchances. But if price rises to $0,1/NEM who would buy $100k/stake ? Then we will need to split stakes to not bigger than 10k NEM ($1000) pieces so enough people will afford to buy any. That asset is gonna be there a long time... Exchange volumes might stay too low... Or relay exclusively to NXT-system at first (it needs to get super-popular) and later on NEM's own Decentralized-Exchange ??
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:55:30 PM

I think an in house auction is preferable, I'm no good with Teck but auctions are more my thing.
There are several types of auctions, the ones i attend usually have similar formats.
>Buyer pays a deposit
>Buyer bids on 1 lot
>if buyer wins the lot he then pays the difference.

>multiple lots (say 10 Nem stakes)
>buyer pays a deposit
>buyer wins bid on 1 lot then is given the option to purchase the remains 9 lots. (it's called options)
>If buyer only wants 1 lot then the remaining lots are put back in the auction room.

An Alpha launch would obviously increase the price of a Nem stake. i understand haters, detractors and the like trolling Nem and the auction before alpha but nothing beats the buzz of an auction.
I say lets start an auction (soon) start the buzz and establish a base point. When Alpha is released then there is a measuring stick for further auctions . Regardless when, i'm very interested in the format of the auctions .

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
NEM-Multi

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:06:26 PM

Another tought i have:

people could just freely pm him through bitcointalk to buy at market price imstead of an auction and keep the sale of 135 odd stakes off the market and thus not effect the price with many sells. Alls he gota do is send the buyer of "auction" stakes a nem stake asset to buyers nxt account. Job done. Saves the hassle of originising an auction too. It will give the dumpers a good chance to dump at much lower prices to those who may hold the coin long term, as i will. People dont know what to pay at auction as a price hasnt been set yet. The price would be much better set on the open market then at auction, as many will with hold from bidding in the hope of getting cheaper stakes on the open market. I say no auction. Issue assets. Set base price on open market. Then utopian sells the "auction" stakes off the market. Job done and best price got for them. He can also hold some stakes for later sale after alpha and beta when he will get a much higher price.

So you are saying that we need to wait till June/July when the coin is released and then issue an asset and just change the price daily to follow the price on exchances. But if price rises to $0,1/NEM who would buy $100k/stake ? Then we will need to split stakes to not bigger than 10k NEM ($1000) pieces so enough people will afford to buy any. That asset is gonna be there a long time... Exchange volumes might stay too low... Or relay exclusively to NXT-system at first (it needs to get super-popular) and later on NEM's own Decentralized-Exchange ??

MuHaHaHaHa 0,1 Dollar one NEM Cheesy Cheesy  follow your GURU i have already 5 stakes and 20 sold ... i´m a multi millioair Cheesy

Guys don´t be stupid
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:33:20 PM

Another tought i have:

MuHaHaHaHa 0,1 Dollar one NEM Cheesy Cheesy  follow your GURU i have already 5 stakes and 20 sold ... i´m a multi millioair Cheesy

Guys don´t be stupid

You really like your Coin2 don't you ? Stop trolling here. Is anyone from NEM coming to troll the Coin2 thread ?
In the thread that you sold your 20 stakes you said plz no trolling. Why don't you take your own advice and don't troll here ?

To put it in your language: Verpiss dich !

To the people that bought those 20 stakes. Are you really that naiv ? No NEMs have been issued. You bought stuff that currently doesn't exist. How did he verify that he actually owns 20 stakes ? What if we we're to come up with a technical way to make sure people can't reddem multiple stakes? Do you think you'd get your money back if those oh so clever sock puppets weren't able to actually claim their stakes ? Hell no !
I'm not saying we are working on such measures. I'm saying think before you blindly trust people.

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

@patmast3r

Well said ! Wink But don´t care about that troll. Nobody does.

To keep the balance i send good vibes to you (and team)! Great work so far - go on!   Grin
NEM-Multi

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:59:56 PM

@patmast3r

To keep the balance i send good vibes to you (and team)! Great work so far - go on!   Grin

what work do you mean? I have seen nothing yet.

@ Patti: D

it does not say something like "fuck off" ---- VERPISS DICH----- I'm also a NEMster Smiley

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:03:47 PM

@patmast3r

it does not say something like "fuck off" ---- VERPISS DICH----- I'm also a NEMster Smiley

Even you can´t see it - something (NEM) is out there.

And now - VERPISS DICH
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:05:12 PM

@patmast3r

NEM-Multi

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:13:36 PM

So you can not tell me what good work you mean?

That's sad, I find your licking since over 200 pages only your ass each other off ... good work...good team...keep up the good work Cheesy

Follow your GURU Cheesy
CryptoniteToSuperman

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:14:07 PM

Another tought i have:

No the assets could be issued by 12 oclock tomorrow if utopian so wished and has the time. The infrastructure is there now to do it. Or atleast it will be to tomorrow. And the assets woundnt have to represent stakes ether.. They could represent the coins themselves so instead of issuing 1 stake token per person on asset exchange you could issue 156m nem coin tokens.

So u could sell 50 percent of your stake if you so wish to. The nem coin tokens would be issued on asset exchange and redeemable 1:1 for real nem coins at launch. If you can trade on mintpal you can trade on asset exchange. Its exactly the same thing. But decentralised. No need to be techy.

Its very easy. Why do an auction when you can list nem coin tokens on asset exchange and trade it like a real coin as if it was on mintpal. You buy what you want at market price same as any other coin thats launched on an exchange.

Come distribution of real coins. You send what ever nem coin tokens you own back to utopian along with a nem address and he exchanges the the nem coin tokens 1 for 1 with real nem coins!

This way everyone can trade their coins freely on open market, no need for auction as you would get the best price at the time judged by the market, which i bet you a nem stake would be more then what you would get if it was auction first then open market. The only people that would disagree in my opinion would be people who want cheap auction stakes.

Could we get a devs input on this please?

Edit:

As for doing an auction once a month for a year. Its a bit pointless. Whos going to bid 15 dollars for something they pay 10 dollars for on the open market. The auction price would ether be lower or the same price as the market value of the coin.

Oh, you mean the Maidsafe style. Sounds good, they nailed it. Something like $6000'000 in one day. Maybe after roadmap and alpha is out it could be bulls-eye for timing.
I'm gonna get some more beer and start dreaming...    Grin   Grin
sl0819

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:27:30 PM

So, what's the lowest price for one stake now?
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: