Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003812 times)
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:51:46 PM

Silly meaningless passive inspirational quotes.  Full of sound and fury with absolutely no meaning.  Worthless in every way because you have a vested small time interest in making a profit.  If you lose a btc who cares right but 36 million as a whole community?  If you had that kind of money you would never invest 36 million into the coin unless there was proper due diligence, bond and the assurance that all regulatory laws were followed.  And yet out of your selfish greed to make a quick short buck you are advocating the entire bitcoin community to invest 36 total million dollars without oversight.  cockroach.

If you want the government to decide everything for you and protect every decision you make, go live in a mental asylum. Take some responsibility and do your own research. If you don't like the project, have the respect for others and dignity to leave and stop dirtying everything with disinformation. Every post you make is identical. We've told you a million times now that the $36m figure is a way off, but you refuse to listen. It's also been said numerous times that a prospectus will be released. This isn't equity, but you ignore that too.

Wow thats just a goddamn silly ass story, you know what I think you are a liar, thats my opinion.  You are trolling up and down this board trying to pump up the coin and for what?  Government fear mongering?  Is that your attempt to divert people from the truth that these guys are avoiding transparency and the SEC by breaking who knows how many countless laws.  These laws were created to protect people from fraud.  Yea you know what? the fracking police is part of the government and so is your mailman?  What the fuck does that have anything to do with Euretheum trying to raise 36 million from complete strangers without a single piece of documentation outside of a youtube video?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kovand11

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:52:23 PM

Since they take both BTC and 33% of the premine - what is stopping the Dev's from donating their own BTC - receiving 1.5X in Ether and all the BTC back through the foundation?

Quoting from vbuterin (Vitalik) on Reddit:

"The organization will absolutely not attempt to increase its reserve by investing BTC into its own fundraiser."

That means absolutly nothing. No way to know, who invested actually.
oldgascan

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:54:09 PM

Basically.....

Fuck off pricks. Goldman Sachs involvement? What assholes. It will be fun watching this one die.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:56:08 PM

Too greedy launch i think, i'll probably go for the first cheaper clone of ethereum Wink
Newmine

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:02:14 AM

There is a serious issue her nobody is talking about, my understanding is Ether is an open source project just like bitcoin, with added programming language. But being open source what's to stop anyone from creating a clone that sells contracts for less, lets say a wookiedoo-for-less? Obviously the problem of fixed rates was not addressed, and why another group of devs who won't charge 30000 bitcoins two months from now and release an alt client that will do the same thing and give miners more thus have a much better chain with the ability to execute contracts at a much lower price allowing a faster adoption... My point by example.. Apple had an operating system better than windows at the early start, bad management and greed at Apple lead everyone to Microsoft's hands...

So If wookiedoo-for-less comes along what to stop people from deserting leaving Ether investors at a huge loss? and don't tell me the people behind it, we are talking 30000 bitcoins here not 50

Another concern is all the ideas that are mentioned are not completely original, it's been mentioned in bits and pieces here on these forums, actually smart contracts are currently being implemented elsewhere, so you want people to invest for two months on "whitepaper" without a client or a chain. I have seen this whitepaper change three times already within a week, dagger in dagger out, pow or pos, ether or wookiedoo, founders known/unknown, that is not transparency, that looks like a last minute rush to squeeze as much btc out as possible. I seen people post here, and on redit, in favor of Ether, that's wonderful, I like the project too, but after following up on the people posting in favor most are related to this project somehow. Let's take a look at this guy who wrote an open letter to the foundation about having concerns on the IPO, he is a promoter, yes that's his job, actually his website turned out to be a promotion for Ether, although he attempted to look like a concerned outsider, he is obviously not. When his suggestions were answered the next day, he was happy and these wonderful people answered his concerns, so now it's a great time to invest. However, people did not like the price increase, and all the changes were scrapped. So he comes here with his 2 posts account, and still promotes, no mention about concerns anymore. So when people ask for transparency Do not tell them to F#$# off. You have a great project here, but, your promotion is shameless, throwing in the word genius left and right does not make an investor feel any better, and certainly is not enough for people to throw in the money.

I thought the same thing. If I was a developer, I would clone the source and ask for donations afterward or set up a fee structure that pays me. No pre-mine. No crowd funding. Put up my own sweat and cash and then try and get paid. Not vice versa.

Yes all the ideas have been thrown around. Bitshares is a prime source of inspiration as the former CEO of the co. creating Bitshares was fired and is now working with this team.
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:03:49 AM

Silly meaningless passive inspirational quotes.  Full of sound and fury with absolutely no meaning.  Worthless in every way because you have a vested small time interest in making a profit.  If you lose a btc who cares right but 36 million as a whole community?  If you had that kind of money you would never invest 36 million into the coin unless there was proper due diligence, bond and the assurance that all regulatory laws were followed.  And yet out of your selfish greed to make a quick short buck you are advocating the entire bitcoin community to invest 36 total million dollars without oversight.  cockroach.

If you want the government to decide everything for you and protect every decision you make, go live in a mental asylum. Take some responsibility and do your own research. If you don't like the project, have the respect for others and dignity to leave and stop dirtying everything with disinformation. Every post you make is identical. We've told you a million times now that the $36m figure is a way off, but you refuse to listen. It's also been said numerous times that a prospectus will be released. This isn't equity, but you ignore that too.

+1

Actually, for me personally, the less people invest, the better. I want to see as little dilution of my investment as possible. The 36 million is a high market cap, and meant to allow as many people to participate as possible up to a point beyond which further investment would dilute investment without the organization being able to use it to bring the product to market and add more features any faster, reducing the rate of ROI.

My concern is that people like gutshot5820, who feel they are qualified to make decisions for the rest of us with their crap 20th century laws, which stifle innovation, and lock out small time investors from participating in seed rounds, while protecting established crony interests, will scare off the project from offering this opportunity to the public. Believe me, they don't have to - they already have plenty of qualified investment which would be SEC compliant. This almost happened with eMunie.

Again gutshot5820, please leave - not just this thread, but this forum.
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:04:45 AM

I think there is a general sentiment that this deal for ethereum is just a scam to make their principals and friends rich.  The traders in coins are smarter than you think.  You can't just verbalize government fearmongering to replace solid transparency and documentation.  People are generally fair, especially traders and they know when they are getting screwed.  

The same two or three guys that are trying to pump up the coin and discredit anyone who questions the transparency or legality of the coin remind me of the shills on health care websites.  They act like they are customers and pump and pump their product and only later I realized they are company employees and pretty much the same one or two guys shilling for their company and interests.  The more aggressive they become, the more I realize they are full of shit.
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 12:08:59 AM

Wow thats just a goddamn silly ass story, you know what I think you are a liar, thats my opinion.  You are trolling up and down this board trying to pump up the coin and for what?  Government fear mongering?  Is that your attempt to divert people from the truth that these guys are avoiding transparency and the SEC by breaking who knows how many countless laws.  These laws were created to protect people from fraud.  Yea you know what? the fracking police is part of the government and so is your mailman?  What the fuck does that have anything to do with Euretheum trying to raise 36 million from complete strangers without a single piece of documentation outside of a youtube video?

I'm trying to "pump up" this coin because it's getting crazy unfair treatment right now. The people involved have been totally open about who they are. There's been months of coding work done, from what I can see. They've made a commitment to being transparent. Have you been in this community long? Do you understand how rare that is? God forbid Satoshi Nakamoto ever tried to post anything substantial on here. Can you imagine the backlash? And you do understand more information is coming, right? You need to relax for two seconds and give them time to read through all this and answer your questions. I don't think they expected this much attention and they sure as hell didn't expect some lunatic ranting and raving about calling the SEC all day about a developing thread on Bitcointalk. Btw, I saw fontase pumping coins, so you should call that up too so they can shut down Twitter.

Basically.....

Fuck off pricks. Goldman Sachs involvement? What assholes. It will be fun watching this one die.

gutshot5820

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:10:32 AM

Silly meaningless passive inspirational quotes.  Full of sound and fury with absolutely no meaning.  Worthless in every way because you have a vested small time interest in making a profit.  If you lose a btc who cares right but 36 million as a whole community?  If you had that kind of money you would never invest 36 million into the coin unless there was proper due diligence, bond and the assurance that all regulatory laws were followed.  And yet out of your selfish greed to make a quick short buck you are advocating the entire bitcoin community to invest 36 total million dollars without oversight.  cockroach.

+1

Actually, for me personally, the less people invest, the better. I want to see as little dilution of my investment as possible. The 36 million is a high market cap, and meant to allow as many people to participate as possible up to a point beyond which further investment would dilute investment without the organization being able to use it to bring the product to market and add more features any faster, reducing the rate of ROI.

My concern is that people like gutshot5820, who feel they are qualified to make decisions for the rest of us with their crap 20th century laws, which stifle innovation, and lock out small time investors from participating in seed rounds, while protecting established crony interests, will scare off the project from offering this opportunity to the public. Believe me, they don't have to - they already have plenty of qualified investment which would be SEC compliant. This almost happened with eMunie.

Again, please leave - not just this thread, but this forum.

More bullshit from you.  Now you are trying to fear monger people into thinking that all  government is bad and we should never obey the law because...who the fuk knows why?  Im not a big fan of government, but am I a fan of full disclosure and filing proper paperwork and bonds to insure that people don't get ripped off?  Hell yes.  Anyone who keeps repeating that government is bad bad bad because they dont want to file the correct paperwork and disclosures is obviously hiding something.  You are a cockroach, I read some of your previous posts and you obviously have an interest in ethereum being successful so you are willing to tell people that they are government lovers if they want transparency.  Frack you.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:10:57 AM

I am choosing to bookmark but not spend any more time on it for now. I am an average joe crypto lover and don't have the time or expertise to investigate or care about all of these features, checking into backgrounds, compare with other premined crap coins like ripple, nxt, or whatever.

If this coin has any potential at all, it will be worth investing in down the road as much as in the first week. I for one am choosing to be skeptical and not swayed by crypto founders, blockhain magic, or other wizardy.

Creating the platform with new features is one thing. Competing in the real world of hype, adoption, and social marketing with Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin is a completely different beast. Especially, when every coin is based on ever changing software. The software is secondary to the marketing and socialization at this stage in the ballgame.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
td services

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:13:37 AM

More bullshit from you.  Now you are trying to fear monger people into thinking that all  government is bad and we should never obey the law because...who the fuk knows why?  Im not a big fan of government, but am I a fan of full disclosure and filing proper paperwork and bonds to insure that people don't get ripped off?  Hell yes.  Anyone who keeps repeating that government is bad bad bad because they dont want to file the correct paperwork and disclosures is obviously hiding something.  You are a cockroach, I read some of your previous posts and you obviously have an interest in ethereum being successful so you are willing to tell people that they are government lovers if they want transparency.  Frack you.

It costs $800,000 in legal costs and filing fees to do an IPO. This money is much better used to fund development than to feed parasites.

Your content, vocabulary, and grammar all reveal an incredible lack of class.
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:17:44 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 12:49:24 AM by gutshot5820

Your entire persona reveals the type of character that will sell their soul to make a quick buck.  You will obviously lie and accuse people of false accusations and use fear and ridicule to make your points.  I see right through your silly ploy and you are the type of guy that makes me want to vomit.

I'm sorry for my language but I have a hard time controlling my emotions when I meet people that are insincere and try to act like they are righteous  I have not said one word to you and you have obviously attacked me several times for no reason.  i don't know who you are and what you are and what the real purpose of your attacks are but please leave me alone.
que23

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 12:18:08 AM

I am choosing to bookmark but not spend any more time on it for now. I am an average joe crypto lover and don't have the time or expertise to investigate or care about all of these features, checking into backgrounds, compare with other premined crap coins like ripple, nxt, or whatever.

If this coin has any potential at all, it will be worth investing in down the road as much as in the first week. I for one am choosing to be skeptical and not swayed by crypto founders, blockhain magic, or other wizardy.

Creating the platform with new features is one thing. Competing in the real world of hype, adoption, and social marketing with Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin is a completely different beast. Especially, when every coin is based on ever changing software. The software is secondary to the marketing and socialization at this stage in the ballgame.

Ethereum isn't an altcoin; it's a platform. They have few competitors in this space. Many could benefit from integrating, collaborating or partnering with Ethereum. Where you could build a business to take bitcoin, building a business on top of it is difficult. With Ethereum, you'll be able to do this.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 12:23:22 AM

Ethereum isn't an altcoin; it's a platform.

Ethereum is an altcoin. Just because it is a platform as well, doesn't mean its not an altcoin.

Mastercoin is a platform too, but its still an altcoin at the end of the day.

Saying Ethereum isn't an altcoin is misleading.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:25:15 AM

You two keep hamming it away with each other, Personally I think both of you are a complete joke.  Anybody who hassles people for questioning the legitimacy of requesting 36 million online from complete strangers is either getting paid as a shill by the company or has no sense of reality.

You have to be fuckin absolutey living in a bubble for hassling people that are questioning the legality of a totally strange entity asking strangers on the internet based off a youtube ad to invest up to 36 million.  Why dont you sell your home and car and give them all of your own money before asking the bitcoin community to give them 36 million upfront with no risk.  LMAO you are classic, you must think everyone on here is dumb that questions their motives.  I think its the exact opposite.

Please leave. There is no value to your existence.
Why don't you leave?  What kind of idiot encourages people to invest millions based off a youtube ad?  What is the harm in demanding more transparency and compliance with regulations?  Do you buy a used car without checking the  the engine or if a guy tries to sell you a diamond on the street do you immediately pay him based on his looks?  I highly doubt it, even small investments you would take the time to check it out before you handed over a single dollar.  And here you are apparently advocating everyone in the bitcoin community to give these guys millions with zero transparency or insurance that they are in compliance with  laws. So if for some reason they disappear once the money is transferred what then?  You and everyone will start crying because you didn't realize what you were getting in to. ARe you going to guarantee everyone's money with your pitiful life savings?   Not going to happen to you right?  Sure when its not your fracking money what do you care?  But if you you were going to buy anything worth of any remote value you would make sure that you are not getting scammed.  In a public forum where your money is not at risk, now its ok to just plow million into this entity with absolutely no assurance of whats going on?  Hypocrite, lets see you do this type of business deal everyday in your business life.  You dont fukin care right now and talk shit because it wont be your money and if you do, it will be a small negligible amount.

Edit: read your previous posts, now it all makes sense.  You have a vested interest in this coin succeeding.  No wonder you made that comment.  Only a shill or someone with principal interest would damn someone for questioning why there isn't more transparency for an entity asking for 36 million from internet strangers.

They are NXTers. And low tier to boot.  They are followers; you can't expect them to question authority.
I for one thank you for wording my doubts.

30,000 BTC or 300 BTC, does not matter - there is no wrong question when you're asking other people's money.
but if you're dealing with 30,000 BTC, no stone should be left unturned within legal and contractual framework.

LOL at all these requests. Here the disclaimer comes first. I am not investing a single cent in Ethereum for some other reasons. But

You guys are clueless about Bitcoin and crypto movements in general. Crypto movements  are grey areas, if the government understand them a bit more they will probably ban them outright. So you are pretty much on your own because you cant request them to provide you the impossible. If in the future Ethereum, and also NXT prove to be viable and working well; then all current fundraising, IPO laws, financial regulations, capital movement restrictions are  going to be re-written. If these laws hold strong, then that would mean all of these protocols will be banned. Either ways anything you are requesting now will be useless.

First rule of crypto invseting: only invest what you can afford to lose.

Oh great thanks for clarifying things, if you say it, it must be true.  Believe it or not, there are rules governing crowdfundraising 36 million dollars.  Just because they are not complying doesn't mean they are acting legally.  And so nice of you to let everyone know you will nothing to do with this coin, but oh yea go ahead and invest as much money as you want because buyer beware.  That's not how it works in the financial community, It's follow all regulations according to your federal law regarding crowd fundraising, file the appropriate documents, get verified and bonded and then release full disclosure transparency to all interested investors.  They lost their small time, we are just coin devs privilege once they decided to fundraise 36 million dollars.  Now, yes they can skirt the laws and unless someone actually starts an investigation, they can get away with it.  But believe me, if they did not follow proper procedure and someone loses even a bit of money they can get sued or shut down by the government, doesn't matter what country they operate out of.  That's why anyone thinking of investing a sizeable amount should think twice before investing a dime presale.  If they get shut down, guess who is long gone with their bitcoins.  So yea you are proving my point, buyer beware, but if some strangers are asking  you for 36 million and a pot of gold, dont you think it would be prudent to ask for due diligence?  Is everyone so blinded that they are just willing to ignore a simple principle to trust but verify?  Sick people.

I am not saying anything about valuation of Ethereum. What I say mainly is about the nature of crypto industry which I think Satoshi, Sunny King and BCNext understand well but not the guys from Mastercoin, Protoshares, Emuine and Ethereum. This basis only is enough for me to not invest in these ventures regardless of the valuations.

@nesco1805 : No I am not confused about securities and crypto; Mastercoin, Protoshares, Emuine and Ethereum guys are confused between these two concepts; and you and gutshot5820 confuse yourself because you think these guys are not confused. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:30:24 AM

It costs $800,000 in legal costs and filing fees to do an IPO. This money is much better used to fund development than to feed parasites.

So you are saying your company refuses to comply with rules and regulations to save money for development? LMAO you just made me laugh in public.  A venture capitalist could fund twenty coins like ethereum with 36 million and have money left over for a Mercedes for every employee.  Why don't you just raise 36.8 million who the fuk would notice anyways?  Whats another 800,000 among strangers, at least people would have peace of mind and know what they are getting into.  You are not only rude and crass but you are ignorant as well.

A rule of thumb, any company that refuses to comply with regulations to save money or save in fees.  If it is that easy to deceive the government, how much easier to steal your money?  Companies that skirt laws from inception will never last long.

Rule number two:  Never fuckin invest a dime into a company when the principle owners dont have one cent invested.

Rule number three:  Trust but ALWAYS verify
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:31:39 AM

Cointelpro is strong here.
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:40:44 AM

Since they take both BTC and 33% of the premine - what is stopping the Dev's from donating their own BTC - receiving 1.5X in Ether and all the BTC back through the foundation?

Quoting from vbuterin (Vitalik) on Reddit:

"The organization will absolutely not attempt to increase its reserve by investing BTC into its own fundraiser."

And of course I am inclined to trust him unequivocally no less than the US President himself. For example George W. and definite proof that Iraq has WMD's. Or Obama and his vow to close Guantanamo in 08'.
turtoro

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:44:20 AM

So you are saying your company refuses to comply with rules and regulations to save money for development? LMAO you just made me laugh in public.  A venture capitalist could fund twenty coins like ethereum with 36 million and have money left over for a Mercedes for every employee.  Why don't you just raise 36.8 million who the fuk would notice anyways?  Whats another 800,000 among strangers, at least people would have peace of mind and know what they are getting into.  You are not only rude and crass but you are ignorant as well.

A rule of thumb, any company that refuses to comply with regulations to save money or save in fees.  If it is that easy to deceive the government, how much easier to steal your money?  Companies that skirt laws from inception will never last long.

Rule number two:  Never fuckin invest a dime into a company when the principle owners dont have one cent invested.

Rule number three:  Trust but ALWAYS verify

1: This is the crpto market you dumbass, firm regulations are not established
2: please post your proof that princple owners have not invested "one cent"
3: you are neither trusting, or awaiting the inevitable verification that will drop on the ipo.

9/10 on your fud skills based merely on the fact that you have persistance in your 3 hour campaign of tomfoolery

I only heard about this project today, but your posts are laughable. Healthy skepticism is one thing and to be encouraged, but you seem to be coming at this with an agenda
td services

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:49:15 AM

So you are saying your company refuses to comply with rules and regulations to save money for development?

It's not my company. I am only a potential investor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: