Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 02:20:15 AM

Trade volume on Poloniex was not this high for almost a year, at 1 day interval!  Shocked

Trade volume of almost all cryptocoins is going crazy in China, just check http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/btc38/ even coins that had almost no trade volume anywhere like a month ago are now traded for 10+ BTC. Does anyone have some conections with chinese exchanges, preferably BTC38 or some other that deals with altcoins?

90% of all the top 12 volume coins are coins which have been added recently to Shapeshift.io.

Huge profits have been made on these alts so a lot of that is spilling over into other alts.

I keep hearing that Chinese investors are doing this but I really see no proof of this.  It's possible but you can ignore this shapeshift effect where people can trade alts with no name, no email, zero identity so it's a money laundering dream.  That has a lot to do with this alt boom which I think is gonna explode later this summer, probably next month on July.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:32:36 AM

Trade volume on Poloniex was not this high for almost a year, at 1 day interval!  Shocked

Trade volume of almost all cryptocoins is going crazy in China, just check http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/btc38/ even coins that had almost no trade volume anywhere like a month ago are now traded for 10+ BTC. Does anyone have some conections with chinese exchanges, preferably BTC38 or some other that deals with altcoins?

90% of all the top 12 volume coins are coins which have been added recently to Shapeshift.io.

Huge profits have been made on these alts so a lot of that is spilling over into other alts.

I keep hearing that Chinese investors are doing this but I really see no proof of this.  It's possible but you can ignore this shapeshift effect where people can trade alts with no name, no email, zero identity so it's a money laundering dream.  That has a lot to do with this alt boom which I think is gonna explode later this summer, probably next month on July.

Explode like "bubble burst" or "to the Moon"?

Whatever the reasons are behind altcoin frenzy at China it is Huntercoin losing big time because of no presence there. Not really smart to ignore China, ingame they were fun and I'm so missing "Go" spammed at chat every damn block by chinese players.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:44:23 PM

So on death the 200 coins go where? Back to wallet would be nice Tongue

Icon

to the person that attacks you Smiley
glad you will attend http://blockchainworkshops.org/

maybe a good chance to unveil huntercoin Smiley

Explode like "bubble burst" or "to the Moon"?

Whatever the reasons are behind altcoin frenzy at China it is Huntercoin losing big time because of no presence there. Not really smart to ignore China, ingame they were fun and I'm so missing "Go" spammed at chat every damn block by chinese players.

i really don't care the price now.  the development will pay off sooner or later.

if you were a speculator, just buy as many as you can, HUC will not price less than NMC in the future.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:48:59 PM

Icon

Already been, unfortunately was not the sort of conference i assumed (i was a last minute replacement).
But i did manage to blurt out a very brief bit of info about huntercoin for about 30 seconds, completely off topic... and only a fraction of what i wanted to say.
I think it was mostly a pro etherium workshop and economists professionals

-

hardfork will be delayed a bit longer while we discuss if spell timers can wait till the next hard fork..

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:20:59 AM

Icon

Already been, unfortunately was not the sort of conference i assumed (i was a last minute replacement).
But i did manage to blurt out a very brief bit of info about huntercoin for about 30 seconds, completely off topic... and only a fraction of what i wanted to say.
I think it was mostly a pro etherium workshop and economists professionals

-

hardfork will be delayed a bit longer while we discuss if spell timers can wait till the next hard fork..

thanks for your frankness. sure, most speakers are not familiar to me.

nice to see HUC grows day by day.
bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:52:45 PM

I have posted just a quick thoughts on the matter so they are not perfect but unless a total noobie can start playing Huntercoin in few minutes without a need to have some cryptocoins then I think Huntercoin will never reach mainstream. We can go much more radical when it comes to free generals, like "Free to create, dies upon 6 blocks of inactivity or once it collects 10 HUC". Point here is to let people play for free at start and then if they like the game most will go through trouble of making Cryptsy or Poloniex or wharever account to buy HUC with BTC or whatever else. Many games today are freemium (free to play with premium features) and gaming industry is going that direction big time.

this is good point and a great idea.

snail, what do you think? could there be some way to get free game play with minimal features?

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:56:06 PM

good golly gosh

is HUC going to be the Best in Show for gaming coins in 2015?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 06:33:03 PM

I have posted just a quick thoughts on the matter so they are not perfect but unless a total noobie can start playing Huntercoin in few minutes without a need to have some cryptocoins then I think Huntercoin will never reach mainstream. We can go much more radical when it comes to free generals, like "Free to create, dies upon 6 blocks of inactivity or once it collects 10 HUC". Point here is to let people play for free at start and then if they like the game most will go through trouble of making Cryptsy or Poloniex or wharever account to buy HUC with BTC or whatever else. Many games today are freemium (free to play with premium features) and gaming industry is going that direction big time.

snail, what do you think? could there be some way to get free game play with minimal features?

There would have to be some mechanism to prevent bots from creating tons of free generals though, as has already keen mentioned. Maybe only a single free general could operate from an IP address, or one general per range of IPs. This world still probably be much to easy to spam...
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 10:52:36 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 12:02:56 AM by MithrilMan

Although I do not agree 100% about how to reach the goal, I definitely agree that to reach mainstream there should be a "low cost" mode that allows people to start using the game and than scale up if they want to compete to gain real hucs, and play fully the game.

Anyway for this to be technically possible, first the blockchain pruning must be implemented, otherwise the problem of blockchain bloating will kill the game.
my2c

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 11:01:43 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 01:15:37 PM by MithrilMan

There would have to be some mechanism to prevent bots from creating tons of free generals though, as has already keen mentioned. Maybe only a single free general could operate from an IP address, or one general per range of IPs. This world still probably be much to easy to spam...

If free hunters can do very little things, i don't think would be a problem, even because running lot of bots require anyway some hardware for that and if income is ~0 than there is no interest in creating them.
I think that a way to focus on few hunters is to implement more in depth the RPG concept of the game, i mean the fact that a hunter never die really, so you can register a name for the lifetime and just "revive" him (technically his address) whenever he "dies", and keep improving his stats and at that point we can do the opposite: making a new hunter costs you "a lot", but revive him doesn't (but every time hunter dies means that the hunter lose some stats like attack power and carrying capacity), so a player can invest for entering the game and then improve his hunter(s)

of course this is something that need to be thought deeply but i think it could works.

Another interesting thing could be that a free game could be on an alternative net (not testnet that's for test, but we could have a "playgroundnet" that runs on his own blockchain and reset every 7 days or so, this way new players can train on that net (and we could use that even for experimenting new things).

this special playgroundnet could be done premining most of the coins and distributing them to lot of address that could be claimed by anyone, could even be a centralized server since there is no exchange/money value linked to it, but at least could be useful for players that want to understand the game, and for mass testing purpose

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 11:36:21 PM

some update on my side:

I've simplified the player window, since now with the upcoming changes players->hunter(s) is no more valid but you can have just 1 hunter because of no hearts, I've removed the double grid and showed as a single grid, here it is:

I've still some work to do (renaming player to hunter of course, the term player is anyway always misleading when talking about the game) but it's all already working, with behaviours too
Of course removing the concept of 1-player => n-hunters would be too time consuming, so some quirk here and there is present (player name is still "playerName.0") but i don't think it's something worthy to be changed now.
Of course i've added the Life column and wrote life next to the names of the hunter on the map as you see in the next screenshot

And while i was in the mood, I've spent those nights working on a funny aspect that match my realtime chat and other thing I've in mind for the future of my client: chat bubbles in game

Technically it has been challenging because of some software libraries limitations but I've come up with a nice solution to render my baloons, if any programmers around here is interested in details let me know (technically chat balloons are rendered as HTML elements and then drawn over the map at the right position)
chat baloons stays on the map for actually 30 seconds before disappear (they fade out during time) and are visible only at a certain zoom level, to preserve performance

Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:45:27 AM

Easy fix, a time cap toon just like wow does Smiley Well sorta.
1. make a toon (last ~ 24 (maybe in block time ~ 2000 block/hours ) coin capped ~ 200 coins (color is pink or something to stand out so everyone else knows its a starter account) max (what ever it cost to buy 1 toon)
2. Toon can not be killed or destruct (kill others)
3. Toon can not get any coins back at spawn area like the rest of us after 30 blocks/log off
4. Toon works in those 24 hours to get his very own 200 coins to make a real account.

If player really wants to make a dupe account to get another 200 coins let him, that's alot of work to get ~ .95 cents

Just a quick and dirty suggestion, i am sure the numbers can be adjusted for what works..

Icon
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:44:01 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 03:23:43 PM by snailbrain

Good Suggestions guys, I will look through them more thoroughly later. But - please post on the huntercoin forum as it is difficult to keep track within 1 thread.

--

Huntercoin 1.3 HardFork - Major Update - Update before block 775000 < 2 Weeks

Implement "Game fees" - This allows fees to be paid which go to the gamefund - useful for the current update and future updates (attacks of different values).
Remove Hearts and Hearted Hunters (no value standard hunters). We'll add/change them in a future update.
Remove Death Upon Destruct
Allow Destruct and Waypoint at the same time.
Implement Life Steal Concept - If you hit with a destruct you will take their Hunters value and add it on your own. e.g. If your general costs 200 hucs and you hit someone worth 200 hucs, you will have a value of 400 hucs and they will die. Your Hunters value can be consider "Health". https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/blob/master/GameLogicChanges.txt
Display Hunters Value in the "Life" Tab when not poisoned from Disaster. If you are poisoned from Disaster it will tick down as before.
Hunters will spawn on Random Locations on the Map.
Reduce Carry Capacity to 100
Add Destruct Fee of 20 HUCs - This may seem expensive but is required to stop chain spamming destruct. This will be reduced once we implement Spell Timers or something else...
Remove Old Spawn/Bank Areas.
Make Banks Random - Banks will spawn in Random Locations on the Map.
Add Life Span for Banks - Banks will have a 25 to 100 Life Span. This is not currently displayed in the QT.
Reducing Spawn/Bank Refund from 30 to 2 Blocks - If you stay on a bank square for more than 2 blocks your coins will be refunded for your general (and any "life" you took from other hunters in PvP).
Add 5 HUC fee on top of the 200 Fee for Creating a Hunter. This Fee is added to the gamefund.
Reallow "20 byte rule" for merge mining. Requested by F2pool. This makes the code more consistent with other merge mined coins.
Make getauxblock support both sha256d and scrypt regardless of algo="" in huntercoin.conf. by f2pool.
Hunters Value will be refunded upon Disaster.

Source
https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin
Windows
https://mega.co.nz/#!cYtmxKTS!3qY4aNLgRF_llkhHRR2s86WzltmvgcfsxzdvBSi3KS4

bucktotal

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:53:15 PM

hey snail,

what's the game fund?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:04:08 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 02:16:33 PM by snailbrain

hey snail,

what's the game fund?

Hey buck,

it's an in game reserve of coins - i think it currently holds about 400k. no one has access to it (it's in the gamestate).

doing a game_getstate will show how much it has.

It will be used for NPCs and other in game rewards in a future update.

The coins come from coins at a disaster, the new destruct fee and character creation fee.. also in some very rare lifesteal scenarios.

bucktotal

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:54:19 PM

hey snail,

what's the game fund?

Hey buck,

it's an in game reserve of coins - i think it currently holds about 400k. no one has access to it (it's in the gamestate).

doing a game_getstate will show how much it has.

It will be used for NPCs and other in game rewards in a future update.

The coins come from coins at a disaster, the new destruct fee and character creation fee.. also in some very rare lifesteal scenarios.

pretty neat..

"gameFund" : 351801.30725456,
 "height" : 756176,
 "disasterHeight" : 742797,
 "hashBlock" : "e7e7783f952de9d1294adb675145fd130029a41c9c8c07e535c4440f556c804b"

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:23:32 PM

Hunters Value will be refunded upon Disaster.

forgot to add

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:51:25 AM

bug in update -- my fault for not syncing from scratch all the way through...

at the first disaster hardfork (255k?) - and the first reorg after it, chain will get stuck..

and possibly the next reorg after the next disaster.

Domob looking into it..

if you haven't updated.. hold

Ombc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Hey Nice too meet you! i'm Ombc :D

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:10:08 PM

Hey This game seems like a good game
Can i get from anyone 200 HUC's? to play the game?
I'm new to this and i want to play this game Smiley

addres : HMhiofZaTsKjUicMwNBR2tg4yFC92PoGic

Please anyone help my Smiley

Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:54:55 PM

bug in update -- my fault for not syncing from scratch all the way through...

at the first disaster hardfork (255k?) - and the first reorg after it, chain will get stuck..

and possibly the next reorg after the next disaster.

Domob looking into it..

if you haven't updated.. hold

... and if we have?

Icon

Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: