Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:19:39 AM

Up for discussion:  Proposed patch for maximum carrying capacity of individual hunters.  See http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=159.0 (and discuss there ideally).

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 10:32:12 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736537.msg8322482#msg8322482

(the gun is black, not sure why the sun made it look green)

If you have bought a gun from me here previously please PM me for your price.

Contact me with any question or concerns. This is a legal gun sale and will be shipped to your local FFL. If you need any help please PM me.

Wouldn't a rifle be more appropriate for "Hunter"coin  Tongue

I had the PS-90's for sale for HUC for a while, but they got sold! This is a good little Hunter gun too! For snakes n shit you need to blast!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621365.0

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
lakala

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:41:23 PM

HUC Chinese trading platform?

BitNet(VPNCOIN)第二论赠币:VikSbFcj3ogVByPajAYzvuAEoWir9shYNZ
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 02:46:24 AM

HUC Chinese trading platform?

Poloniex.com has the most volume.

We need more chinese exchanges that have volume.

If you do buy on Poloniex be sure to put your coins on the bid because someone is just unloading any time Bitcoins besides their own aren't at the top.

The whole network @ .00001 is worth 420BTC.. which is CRAZY low, but a good number for a "small beta community" <-- use that when talking about HUC.  We honestly don't need any limelight yet.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
TheUsualStuff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:27:57 AM

Just DL'ed the client. That was a barrel of fun Smiley

First impression, because it's obligatory:

The client works so much happier when it's synchronized. Has anyone thought of keeping the game off/hidden from the user when it's doing the sync from scratch, or blockchain from scratch? I was under the opinion that the responsiveness was just terrible, until it was done syncing. I almost wanted to trash the whole thing because I thought something was wrong, and think that keeping it hidden from me until it's ready for primetime would keep me from feeling like it's broken. I can't play steam games when they're downloading, so why can I see this one?

Also, what about scrolling to my pointer location? Is that possible? Like in AutoCAD, the scroll zooming always is focused on my pointer location.

Pretty cool project you guys have going on here, is it still being developed?

Also how about a little intro that pops up?:

Welcome to game!

-To play the game click on the game tab in your client, then click New and give your character a name

-You will then pick a color for your character, this is the same as picking your starting location, which means you will spawn in one of the four corners of the map. Green is bottom left, Blue is, Yellow is, Red is. Leave a chat message if desired.

-After that's done, your character will be created in one of the four corners corresponding to the color you chose when picking your character.

-To find your character, just double click its name under its tab. To move right-click your characters name once and then right-click on the location on the map you would like your character to move to.

-A path will spawn, and your character will follow that path in incremental units corresponding to (block time?), which means it will make one movement every time a block is found. Be careful when making your choice, as once a path is chosen, you cannot cancel it?

-The objective of the game is to move your character to coins on the map, or other characters to kill them. Killing characters will prevent them from collecting the coins, but will be at the cost of you sacrificing your own coin harvesting time, so choose wisely what you would like to do.

-To kill a character, ...?

-That's pretty much it, enjoy!

I don't have much to bring to you guys to help other than some miscellaneous thoughts, but this seems like a really cool idea that's struggling with its implementation.

Has anyone thought that the game can be integrated with jl777's supernet utilizing his telepods? My thought here is that a game can be played to secure ownership of a telepod, which might cause some freedom from the one movement/block design. Just trying to think of something that doesn't make this so painful to watch as my dude gets obliterated over and over in a turn-based nightmare. No fun there for me, maybe someone's having fun though Smiley . I've made like 5 dudes so far and they just keep dying and I don't even know why or how to stop it. I feel like a lot of it has to do with camping an area, any chance to randomize the spawn areas a little bit so someone that has no clue how to play can play for at least ten turns without getting murdered? Is there any way to get this off of a turn based-game system?

Or what about darkcoins masternodes, where instead of using them to secure anonymity, a specific node or group of nodes can run one 'map' so that less people are concentrated on one map and it sucks for anyone trying it out the first time or is just bored with the map they're on. Let's say that 10k HUC are needed for a node, and then the 'masternodes' can be allocated a certain percentage of the block reward, and that percentage is used as rewards on the 'map' that that node is hosting. Then there could be different maps, and you could even have one where no rewards spawn so there's very little incentive to camp it so it gives a kind of 'newbie area'.

IDK really, this seems like the coolest idea ever, maybe I have the wrong impression though. It just seems like the implementation is going through extreme growing pains.

Gonna keep trying to grab some coinsdying in the mean time though, and continue wrapping my head around your project.
bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:59:07 AM

thanks for your comments. really. good stuff.

post an address and i'll send you some coins to keep playing around
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 04:10:07 AM

This project is still alive and well.

If you don't have the Mirth client I strongly recommend you doing so!

http://www.mithrilman.com/huntercoin

Right now this is just a small beta community and I think it is best left that way until it isn't (I'm sure that will make much more sense in 2-5 years.)

TheUsualStuff

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:08:58 AM

This project is still alive and well.

If you don't have the Mirth client I strongly recommend you doing so!

http://www.mithrilman.com/huntercoin

Right now this is just a small beta community and I think it is best left that way until it isn't (I'm sure that will make much more sense in 2-5 years.)

Well that's good to hear that there's still development. I'll definitely check out the Mirth client.

I don't really know much about the project yet and I'm only on page 70 of the thread .. you guys had a brutal launch. I'm sorry that was such a tough time. Still looks like there's people around though, and it's still bringing in new interested people like myself.

When I find more time I'll catch up on the thread more, sorry if some of the stuff I'm talking about has already been talked about. I guess I see a whole lot here is all.

Something I like a lot about this project - I like what I can possibly see in the future of this. Maybe I'm wrong though and just any good cryptocurrency in general would be best suited to in-game currencies, and not "a distributed decentralised game and currency engine". I do think that the method which HUC has presented offers many more potential asset formations than a regular currency would yield in an in-game cryptocurrency scheme, and it seems to be a better choice to just using any cryptocurrency for in a game.

I think you might be able to secure funding much easier than an non blockchain-game integrated currency (if anyone were looking to do so). Like this collateral that is put aside for creating a character could probably be used to create an asset on the NXT asset exchange instead of incentivizing whales to pwn newbs all day and night. I think the multisig provided by jl777's telepods can be used to get this game out of clunky time-turn-based environment and move it to just a turn-based environment. Might be a big step, but someone who actually knows about programming might be better at telling me if it's possible or not. Unless that's what you're aiming for?

Guess I'll go read some more, before I ramble on .. already have a wall of text lined up Smiley
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 09:06:11 AM

as BayAreaCoins told you, i suggest my client (Huntercoin: Mithril Edition) that is an enhanced version of the qt wallet (works only under Windows) and has much of the feature you asking (and more because you aren't much experienced on the game and so you don't know the importance of seeing the enmies path, having alarms, etc..)

i should find time to writes a list of features, but atm i'm running out of time, i hoped community could help about this but atm informations about the client usage can be found just on my site, here some links for you:

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin is the landing page

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/GettingStarted contains some useful information about how to setup your configuration. this is based on an old version, i changed almost everything about GUI and features, but the First Launch section is still valid

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?board=8.0 is the place to ask for help about usage/setup or have support about any problems you have with my client (i monitor this thread too so you can write here, but centralizing support on that forum would be better)

I implemented some times ago a news system on my website, where i write what's new in each new release of my client and there you could find some information about how to use features, follow this link http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/News (read bottom to top)

about some features my client has, respect to the QT version:

- see enemies path, with block time indication
- set targets to follow their movements over time
- realtime chat (with creable private chat rooms)
- behaviour system integrated (some basic bot system, in the future will be much more behaviours)
- faster and better handling of multithread (you won't suffer the stuck QT suffers)
- better and user friendly Interface
- varius configurable audio Alarms (proximity alarm, disaster alarm, kill notifications, etc...)

there are much more things to talk about, but now I'm @ work and haven't much time so i can't tell more, i hope people will help with videos howto and some tutorials, while i keep improving the client but at the moment links i posted are all that I'm aware of (if people know some links that talks/explain something about my client, report it that i will add a link section on my website)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 09:21:39 AM

Just adding some direct reply:

Just DL'ed the client. That was a barrel of fun Smiley

First impression, because it's obligatory:

The client works so much happier when it's synchronized. Has anyone thought of keeping the game off/hidden from the user when it's doing the sync from scratch, or blockchain from scratch? I was under the opinion that the responsiveness was just terrible, until it was done syncing. I almost wanted to trash the whole thing because I thought something was wrong, and think that keeping it hidden from me until it's ready for primetime would keep me from feeling like it's broken. I can't play steam games when they're downloading, so why can I see this one?

my client, during synchronization, is not playable and let you instead play a simple custom version on Snake (i called it huntersnake), just to have some fun while you wait the game to be synched Smiley
here 2 screens:

Also, what about scrolling to my pointer location? Is that possible? Like in AutoCAD, the scroll zooming always is focused on my pointer location.

i do it, when you zoom in/out, your cursor position is considered the center of the zoom (it doesn't center the position in the middle of the screen, just consider it the focus of the zoom, like google maps)

Pretty cool project you guys have going on here, is it still being developed?

yes, at least both the official huntercoin team (on QT/daemon side) and me on my client version, are still developing

Also how about a little intro that pops up?:

Welcome to game!

-To play the game click on the game tab in your client, then click New and give your character a name

-You will then pick a color for your character, this is the same as picking your starting location, which means you will spawn in one of the four corners of the map. Green is bottom left, Blue is, Yellow is, Red is. Leave a chat message if desired.

-After that's done, your character will be created in one of the four corners corresponding to the color you chose when picking your character.

-To find your character, just double click its name under its tab. To move right-click your characters name once and then right-click on the location on the map you would like your character to move to.

-A path will spawn, and your character will follow that path in incremental units corresponding to (block time?), which means it will make one movement every time a block is found. Be careful when making your choice, as once a path is chosen, you cannot cancel it?

-The objective of the game is to move your character to coins on the map, or other characters to kill them. Killing characters will prevent them from collecting the coins, but will be at the cost of you sacrificing your own coin harvesting time, so choose wisely what you would like to do.

-To kill a character, ...?

-That's pretty much it, enjoy!
that's a good idea, i'll do it (i already had in todo list but maybe i'll set an higher priority)

I won't talk about tech aspect of the coin, is not my duty but it sounds to me that what you are asking would be a totally different coin, but here snailbrain can reply giving thoughts on that

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:08:12 PM

Well that's good to hear that there's still development. I'll definitely check out the Mirth client.

Did you download the blockchain separately that is alot faster.  The blockchain is being pruned right now.  Soon you will get up and running within 5 minutes.

If you'd like to download the blockchain

http://huntercoin.info/help/install

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 02:09:09 PM

digging through my experience in web programming, i came up with an idea that could be cool, i just implemented an ingame mini-tour that explain the various elements in the GUI and how to play
well, this is the idea, i just implemented 5 or 6 windows just to give a clue

here the video:

http://youtu.be/zZUiaV8kgsU

the tour start when clicking on the ? in the top-right icons group
I think that i'll add a popup when a game start where the user can chose to start the tour, so would be easier for newcomers to understand the game and my client
thoughts?

bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:00:07 PM

MithrilMan, you are a beast at this stuff  Shocked

your client is more awesome almost every day.

love the "take the tour" idea.
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 10:46:07 PM

MithrilMan, you are a beast at this stuff  Shocked

your client is more awesome almost every day.

love the "take the tour" idea.

thank you Smiley
luckily my job and my passion coincide, so i enjoy what i'm doing and results are better Smiley

TheUsualStuff

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:33:28 AM

as BayAreaCoins told you, i suggest my client (Huntercoin: Mithril Edition) that is an enhanced version of the qt wallet (works only under Windows) and has much of the feature you asking (and more because you aren't much experienced on the game and so you don't know the importance of seeing the enmies path, having alarms, etc..)

i should find time to writes a list of features, but atm i'm running out of time, i hoped community could help about this but atm informations about the client usage can be found just on my site, here some links for you:

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin is the landing page

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/GettingStarted contains some useful information about how to setup your configuration. this is based on an old version, i changed almost everything about GUI and features, but the First Launch section is still valid

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?board=8.0 is the place to ask for help about usage/setup or have support about any problems you have with my client (i monitor this thread too so you can write here, but centralizing support on that forum would be better)

I implemented some times ago a news system on my website, where i write what's new in each new release of my client and there you could find some information about how to use features, follow this link http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/News (read bottom to top)

about some features my client has, respect to the QT version:

- see enemies path, with block time indication
- set targets to follow their movements over time
- realtime chat (with creable private chat rooms)
- behaviour system integrated (some basic bot system, in the future will be much more behaviours)
- faster and better handling of multithread (you won't suffer the stuck QT suffers)
- better and user friendly Interface
- varius configurable audio Alarms (proximity alarm, disaster alarm, kill notifications, etc...)

there are much more things to talk about, but now I'm @ work and haven't much time so i can't tell more, i hope people will help with videos howto and some tutorials, while i keep improving the client but at the moment links i posted are all that I'm aware of (if people know some links that talks/explain something about my client, report it that i will add a link section on my website)

Hey thanks for that awesome write out. I've got one I'll be putting up shortly after these posts, can't wait to try out your client Smiley

my client, during synchronization, is not playable and let you instead play a simple custom version on Snake (i called it huntersnake), just to have some fun while you wait the game to be synched Smiley

Neat! I'm going to try it out tomorrow. Spent time today writing a bunch.

I won't talk about tech aspect of the coin, is not my duty but it sounds to me that what you are asking would be a totally different coin, but here snailbrain can reply giving thoughts on that

Yeah, I think a lot of what I had in mind would go more toward snailbrains other idea here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262599. Gonna post it here anyways though Smiley

Did you download the blockchain separately that is alot faster.  The blockchain is being pruned right now.  Soon you will get up and running within 5 minutes.

If you'd like to download the blockchain

http://huntercoin.info/help/install

Yeah I found that one, so much faster! <2 hours as opposed to probably days!
TheUsualStuff

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:39:38 AM

Personal Physical, Subconscious, Emotional, Mental, Social, Technical Brainstorm for Huntercoin - September 2014. Cheesy

I finally got through the whole thread and skimming some of the source code (still gonna dig deeper into that later hopefully). This won't be revised to the way I'd like it to
be revised, but I wanted to post it before I either forgot or just didn't want to post it. Sorry if it offends, and sorry if it fills you with wonder, and sorry if you feel
the need to skip over it. Most of all, enjoy this and know that I think this is the coolest project ever! Cheesy

Something I like a lot about this project - I like what I can possibly see in the future of this. Maybe I'm wrong though and just any good cryptocurrency in general would be
best suited to in-game currencies, and not a blockchain-based-game cryptocurrency. I do think that the method which HUC has presented offers many more potential asset
formations than a regular currency would yield in an in-game cryptocurrency scheme. That tells me that you might be able to secure funding much easier than an non blockchain-
game integrated currency. Like this collateral that is put aside for creating a character could very likely be used to create an asset on the NXT asset exchange. I think the
multisig provided by jl777's supernet can be used to get this game out of clunky time-turn-based environment and move it to just a turn-based environment. Might be a big step,
but someone who actually knows about programming might be better at telling me if it's possible or not.

I feel it needs to get away from just PvP only, and needs some kind of PvE environment.

The cryptocurrency is not really 'human mineable' because I'm a human, and I cannot mine the currency, as I keep getting killed by bots (not humans) who are doing the actual
mining of the currency, or netting a loss when mining the currency because people just kill me over and over again. So if you've been telling your friends that you made a
'human mined' cryptocurrency, I think you're wrong because humans can't mine it in the presence of non-humans whom you've not found a way to protect them from. In the times I
manage to actually get the coins, it's only because the coins are not being 'bot mined' at the time .. or are also not being 'whale-mined'. I don't call my shoes fireproof
because they're not on fire .. so why would I call this currency human-mined?

Maybe reconsider reducing block time to 15-20 seconds? It will allow for faster transactions and faster move times for players (god do we/they need it!). With pruning to be
implemented you can do this without worrying about the increased chain size.

Maybe consider "unlimited" coin supply (and no block halving)?  Or change to an emission like cryptonite, or Crypotnote where the emission is granular rather than step-wise? A
permanent very low inflation (</<<1% of total supply) at the tail end of the emission to account for lost coins (I just saw that >1000 were lost on a ssd. Isn't that >100
blocks of emission lost forever now?), keep the game(s) played, and the hashrate up. The game will be rough to play at that point, because people will only be around to camp
the spawn areas and kill people for the newb money. This will lead to zero people playing the game, because the incentive to play it involves only character creation. After
that, it's death and the loss of 10 HUC.

Miscellaneous PvE 'fights', like clickerheroes.com or something similar like another browser-based game. Take 1 out of the 10 huc it takes to make a hunter and put this toward
rewards for these 'random' click fights. Everyone can always win the click fights by just clicking. 'Lost' fights mean the reward goes to the battlefield (and that the 'loser'
was AFK). For engagement purposes, and replayability purposes mostly. Gives a reason to keep your hunter alive as long as possible. Set limits on maximum people per map as per
masternode map system. Allow queues for those maps, trimmed every 'x' hours to allow all a chance to enter. Might require black/white lists though.

Path planning that isn't autoplanned. I want to be able to map out my own path through a sweet pile of coins and come back 10 minutes later and ahve them all in my pocket, not
sit there and put in a new path every minute (which also costs me 10x more than it needs to). Like hold a keyboard button and click your path out and then allow that custom
path to be submitted rather than pick the one location you want to go to and go there. This one seems like something that someone has thought about before, maybe I missed
something? Is this already in the game? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg4977215#msg4977215

Allow a 50%-90% sacrifice to random board locations for instant cashing out?

Why not make it more roguelike turn based like it seems you were aiming for, and go all the way? Seems like you're halfway there already. Integrate a local game into this
game. Have both movement and coin collection tied to the blockchain, but make other things like ranged attacks/melee NPC attacks coupled with an experience system so that the
user can feel engaged. Death=knocked out for the local turn. Wake up and move on next block (no blockchain movement lost). Use something like action points where there's 5-10
local action points for every block on the blockchain (not accumulating, cap at 10 AP). Each 'turn' you can use those AP's for local game actions .. mostly to keep you
entertained while your character is in transit. Play with the PVP system: make it appear as if the character's local 'camp' was 'raided' or maybe just flat out killed
depending on when/how PvP occurrs.

You can use the extra movement funding generated by playing the local PvE content to place more money on the battlefield for PvP content. EX: PvE content costs 1 HUC summed in
movements (100 moves), so use that to further put money on the battlefield = possibly pay for itself. People pay to be entertained, then become engaged to reclaim some of that
money.

Allow muting of chat, or at least hiding the box/window.

Why are we rewarding people for killing players who have collected no money anyways? That just incentivizes one person to spend money killing newbs. Newbs don't want to lose
money or be attacked. They just want to play around for a little bit. It's a game so why punish the newbs? Why not take the kill reward of people holding no money and allocate
it to something better .. like a PvE environment or just randomly scatter it (or a percent of it) on the field? Or Why not use this money to pay for masternodes (all or a % of
the money from newb only kills can go directly to them) which can host different maps?

Another thought on multiple maps - Decrease rewards by half, and have two playable maps. Decrease by a third, have three maps ... etc.. But somehow find a way to balance
populations on all maps.

I'd love to see a plain explanation of what this game is in relation to it being a cryptocurrency.

A way to easily observe the ending location of my chosen hunter. Maybe just his name on the overlay so I don't have to sort out which line belongs to which hunter.

Not trying to be too critical. This seems really cool.

What are the kill radiuses? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5011248#msg5011248

Logical movement puzzles that only reward the player collateral on local maps. Limit 'x' players, each contributing collateral on 'death' or loss. Like minesweeper with 2-8
players. Wrong move = player death, where other player(s) can pick up that players collateral. Player with the most steps without dying gets a prize.

How do I take care of my players when I sleep? They just seem to die and I lose money. I can't play 24 hours a day, so how do I stop losing every time I sleep?

Betting based on gameplay.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5038255#msg5038255 - this isn't a solution, it's a half-measure. you realized that people would be dealing with a tragedy of
the commons and presented a lackluster solution, and then you made it cost them money. Who would deal with that? Not very many people based on where you're at today! Should
have just made more area for people to be on. Attacking instead of suicide bombing would move this from a logic puzzle to a real game. Yes, there will be more people on the
board, but if you make more boards for people to be on, have more 'disasters' which can just be a PvE encounter that kills your player if you're AFK too long (like an animal
kills your hunter - but represented on the map, and your player can 'attack' or the 'npc' can attack your player.

I want to play this, but I want to play a game, not whatever this is. game definition.

Yes - you're looking for funding: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5041217#msg5041217

You've made resources too scarce for the amount of people playing. More coins of much smaller denominations are needed to keep the random oracle collection method. Randomized
coin spawns combined with local hotspots will be a much more fun model to play. Having more than one spawn location/color would be fantastic too. Maybe a multicolored
collection zones scattered throughtout the map where you can collect a certain % of your holdings without having to risk the entire run home and lose everything because 1000
asshats are camping your spawn zone waiting for just your one guy? Take the % sacrificed and place it in random spawn spots on the map, in very small denominations (like an
entire order of magnitude smaller than you're currently working with.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5089952#msg5089952 - forever unanswered/not commented on.

Take a look at the text chat in ducknote/darknote.

advertising - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5132439#msg5132439
      TODO
A) Organize our How To guides to help new users easily become a part of our community and play the game.
B) Direct relationships with website owners for Ad Space & Guest Posts
C) Signature advertising bought from active users, Building a good relationship with these users and keeping them happy for an extended period
D) Article Marketing to capture keywords related to Huntercoin, And Bitcoin gaming using Article sites such as EzineArticles
E) Press releases will be done by directly networking and establishing good connections with blog owners
F) Branching into a larger niche such as entertainment websites and broadcasting quality articles to larger groups, Providing the incentive of earning money and the knowledge
to do so.
G) Huntercoin Apparel coupled with T-Shirt Giveaways, Targeting high profile humans Smiley
H) Contact Game reviewers & Game related websites to get Huntercoin reviewed and posted on gaming websites.
I) Promotional art needs to be created, Several designers have been found pending funds

Resources are just way too scarce. I'm not complaining about scarcity in general, actually I support that. I'm complaining that by playing this game I will actually lose more
money than mining on my celeron. At least with my celeron I can earn .00000001 HUC. By playing the game, I've lost almost 100 HUC now! Insane!

You can tell me to adapt here, but it's the game that must adapt to me, becase the way I'll adapt is by settling for the single 1 Mikhail from my celeron, set it to mine and
then eventually forget about your coin. And rightfully so, because I was the one who adapted. The game must now adapt to me to be worth something. The balls been in your court
for a long time now, many months sadly.

Oh, my sincere condolenses to parents of Mikhail Sindeyev, followers of this coin and anyone who knew Mikhail. Now I see what happened with this coin. Such a brilliant idea
this was at the time, only to be seemingly put the rest at the same time as its creator.

snailbrain - "the browser (and mobile device) based Huntercoin is at a very early stage of planning atm, don't hold your breath Smiley the ui/map etc is all easy... it's the
exchange style login/security (and rawtransaction stuff?), multiple daemons(?), infrastructure etc which i will need to find a lot of help on...
if anyone has experience with this and can help, there could be $$ in it for you Smiley " - what ever happened to this idea?

is it possible to use ring signatures/ZKP's(zerocoin) to obsure blockchain movement in a situation where you would be competing for a telepod reward, in order to allow turn-
based gameplay and get away from block-based gameplay? Movement away from the step-funcitonal gameplay is crucial in interfacing with the human player - who does not
experience a step-based reality. Again, the game must adapt now.

decentralized mmo integration where there exists a marketplace where you can purchase/trade mmo currencies using this coin as the base currency? Like nxt asset exchange where
the mmo currencies are assets on this chain. People can purchase mmo money using this currency and recieve that in their games. this would require working with game developers
to ingegrate this client into their game and somehow use this currency for in-game purchases. totally remove the credit/debit card from the equation. Mine some of this
currency or trade for it for some means .. then use an asset exchange to purchase in-game currency that can be used in a game. there's thousands of games and it would be an
easy selling point for both cryptocurrencies and the game to make it a point that your in-game currency can be used to purchase other currrencies. Full-scale integration could
be achieved. example: I get archeage gold, and go to the huntercoin asset exchange. someone holds an asset that allows you to use your in-game currency to trade directly for
huntercoin. You can then do whatever you would like with your huntercoin, even trade it for fiat. So someone farming gold in archeage has an available and accessible channel
in which they can have full control over the value that they create in game. People are willing to pay too! there's a reason you can buy in-game currencies for real fiat
dollars, and that should be capitalized on with huntercoin. imagine a game currency engine that can bring the free market to games like world of warcraft, counterstrike,
runescape, path of exile, diablo. This can be the infrastructure that ties them all together.

full on reskins are needed. have a scifi theme, a western theme, military theme, anything you would like. Just so that the game can appeal to more than people who are adverse
to the current theme (which I've no real idea what it is - it seems like some kind of japanese styled pre-nintendo game oriented around collecting resources. So basically
japanese warcraft on the atari. We could have space invaders warcraft on the atari. Maybe someone new would be interested. Binding of Isaac seems to have a style too, heaven
and hell and what not. need to evolve with the present technology. technology has evolved since february, but this has largely stayed the same. It's DOTA style, so let's move
toward a DOTA style game. First step needs to be getting away from the 1 movement per block gamepay. I think that can be done with multisig and telepod rewards, and
masternodes hosting individual games. DOTA games are huge, like league of legends is what this seems most like.

Network statistics like BBR, and a nicely detailed emission graphics with full timeline. Also, add the tables for additional insight and planning for investors right on the
main website.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5291227#msg5291227 - AFK detector. instead of flagging them, just return them their coins, minus their 4%. It's insane to not
let people sleep, or even admit that human beings have the absolute requirement to sleep.

Think this has already been mentioned before - lightweight game clients that you can run without the blockchain on your local computer. Possibly interfacing with a masternode
if you decide to use the idea from darkcoin, or just any trusted server in general.

I can guarantee lots of people would rather play for hours just to earn 1 Mikhail than ever risk losing 10 HUC in 5 minutes.

snailbrain - "The purpose of Huntercoin is Human mining. " - I wasn't aware of how literal this could be taken. It seem that the only way to earn coins and not lose them is by
actually 'mining humans' and not by 'mining coins as a human'. It seems the quote has been twisted unacceptably.

"snailbrain - This is huntercoin, how it is now. --- but, it wouldn't be impossible to have a teleporter which teleports you to another map.. " beautiful thought!! Why stop at
map, how about a totally different game?

snailbrain - "diablo3 and other games - those virtual currencies become worthless and inflate, also can be hacked (duped), not decentralized, creator can jsut create 1billion
coins, not cryptographically safe, not deflationary, no provably fair" - not if they can be secured and implemented properly as side chains to huntercoin or assets on an
exchange, etc. I think it's cryptographically possible to get this stuff into a game.

Questions like these can't be ignored: "So will we be able to have a game where you can do more than 1 move per block? let’s say you can do as many moves as you like, they are
happening in your local client, then those multiple moves get broadcast every block? (not necessarily in the current game but just in general)

Also could we mine huntercoins with different games? Could we have a car racing game where 8 users are grouped in a race (against the clock not each other because blockchain)
and the winner gets a % of a block reward? Or however many users complete a lap since the last block each get a % of the block reward per lap? Or a race starts 5 seconds after
a new block and whoever is furthest down the track gets a % of the next block reward when the block is mined, things like that that.

What about chess? User is assigned to a team and proposes moves, the teams move is decided by a vote that happens between every second block (because 2 teams) so move by move
is happening block by block, eventually all members on the winning team get a % of a block reward. Or many one on one games happening simultaneously with the winners getting a
% of the block reward. " https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5562525#msg5562525

snailbrain - "Whether there are a lot of bots or not.. in the end, if the value increases or more people start to play, the game will be much more competitive." indicates that
you think that competition is good. I think you fail to realize that overcompetition is totally unhealthy and bad for your future, as the past few months have shown. the
overcompetitive atmosphere present in this game is stifiling its innovation. make it less competitive either directly or indirectly and you will see the project flourish. Do
this by somehow logically spreading oout the players so the humans have to interface with less people, or dilute the thing they are competing for and spread it out over a much
larger logical area. Only two solutions I see. personally I think if you do both this will come back with a roaring vengeance the will rival some of the best crypto comebacks
to date. I've seen it happen just recently - BBR from 17k satoshi to over 100k satoshi. If they can do it you guys can too! You can have everyone competing for a doorknob, or
you can have everyone competing for pieces of a doorknob. If it's a free doorknob, thousands will try to get it but only one can get it. When one person out of thousands win
you're gonna have much less than thousands coming back for the second round. if you have those same thousands of people competing for parts of the same free doorknob, then
your chances of multiple winners increases by a lot. this chance will correlate mathematically with the ratio in which the same people will come back for a second round.

snailbrain, to promote the coins, do the following steps:

1. increase the speed of the game, because many of my friends would like to play, but it is very time-consuming
2. popularization of the coin, which for mining is not necessary to use expensive video cards and other hardware. It requires minimal cash outlay to start.
3. introduction of affiliate programs to attract more players count.

1. Speed of game will not increase. This is fixed and how it was designed. Faster will cause serious problems, and it needs to be hard work and time to get coins.
2. Mining is fine, if it is not how it is now, then the coin can die easily. The way it is should ensure a long life (merged mined with both scrypt and sha256)... . And no
matter what algorithm or mining technique you use, eventually (if the coin is valuable) people with $$ will always have more hashpower than the others.
3. What do you mean? who pays? how will it work?

1. speed of the game will increase, or this game will not survive. You said "Survival is more important than pump and dump - at least for me". well, it's beyond pnd and now
you need a faster game. might be a lot of work but so is anything that's worth it.

Snailbrain - you could wrap any graphics type engine around huntercoin if someone wanted, make it 3d..

like Mithrilmans client.. he's using the same sprites/map graphics,  if he wanted it could be real time 3d with mouse look.. but still you'd only be able to move 1 block at a
time

probably possible to make a spacehulk/heroquest game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwOBxoaiJfU

---
Maybe in the future when internet bandwidth / computing power is magnitudes higher, 1 Chronon may actually be closer to 1 Earth Chronon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronon
Then you could have a realtime game / universe / matrix
This decentralized universe would be without God "

What happened to this vision? ^^^^^ what about worldforge.org? Why are you making pizza auctions when you should have Steam game auctions!!! Now that's something I'd buy with
my HUC!

Also note that much of what I've talked about isn't possible unless microtransactions are capable of scaling, which is seems you're working on with blockchain pruning. Pretty
much all of this rests on the ability of the chain to be pruned. Because I've read you're working on making that happen I haven't said much about that.

Also, what's up with the insane RAM usage? surely this little game isn't using 3 GB of ram! Is it? What kind of DB implementation are you using no wonder there were so many
posts about people running out of memory. Ouch. Yeah if you're gonna wrap a game around this you're probably gonna need some serious DB implementation refinement. Unless
pruning might take care of that too? I don't know, you guys are the programmers after all so look into it I guess. A game will need that ramspace you're using to run your
client .. gonna need to find a way to balance them.

"snailbrain - same for namecoin..
namecoin is based on bitcoin 0.3.x, and huntercoin is based on namecoin...

if you have 30k$ you can pay for the rebase if you want.. or spend a year doing it Cheesy

it has been suggested about removing the irc lookup in the past.. probably will be done with the reimplementation onto libcoin" - has this been done yet at all?

"there is nothing that will or can be done. Bots were mentioned in the OP of huntercoin thread since way before release and on release..
Nothing can stop bots, it's inevitable that bots will be able to do anything that a human can (swim, eat, breath, die). "
I think there is though - you can limit their population, or at least play with the probability that a human will have to interact with 10 or 100 of them in a specific time
period. 100 might be too many, but 10 might be just right. Also, you can increase the bar for which a bot needs to have intelligence that a human can match more easily than a
computer. Also, you can disincentivize both parties. The bot cares only for making the incentive, whereas the human's incentive may be both defeating bots and collecting
'incentive' to begin with. I propose changing the title of the thread to "Huntercoin - Not totally bot-mined crypto currency" Cheesy

"Of course it is. The price of a coin is usually directly connected with the cost needed to generate it. Now that tons of coins are going to people who do little or no work,
and spend no time playing.....expect coin prices to continue to plummet. Why would they hold out for higher prices when they spent basically no money or time to gain them?

worrying too much Smiley
.. "
- worrying too little Sad

random poster - "I don't think it would be a bad thing to add captcha after ever 10 moves or something... Some way to make it more difficult."
 spam protection is paramount to
keeping this a human-mined currency and not a "not currently totally bot-mined" one. I don't think that captchas are the way to solve this because that can be subverted, but
I'm sure some fantastic developer somewhere has the answer to this one. I don't have it, so you should take this question to as many people as possible.

mithrilman - "huntercoin source code is opensource, every operation are clearly visible (stored on block), no way to limit that" - not necessarily. look into ring signature
adn ZKP's, you should be able to obscure your movements to allow for queueing ahead of time or what not.

"It is literally impossible to stop bots. " but not impossible to evolve the playing field in which they interface with at a rate that a human can outpace until healthy co-
existence is achieved. You have not achieved a healthy co-existence, and are far out of balance. You can also make bots ubiquitous. But, then the currency drifts further and
further away from being human mineable as you move toward mining with complicated algorithms - no different than a graphics card mining sha or scrypt Smiley I think you all suffer
from a lack of distinction. When you allow bot mining, you are just really algorithm mining. It's no different than making another useless mining algorithm like x13 or x99 ..
etc .. you get the point. Just because your algorithm controls a bot on a game doesn't mean that the human isn't adapting. You're making it a "not currently totally bot mined"
game and not a human mined one. It's no different from asking a human to compute one hash of the sha algorithm or scrypt algorithm on paper. Possible? Yes. But Bitcoin don't
go and lie to you and say that bitcoin is human mineable. You either lie or don't understand the situation people are presenting you with. Then you go and reward someone who
made this 'bot algorithm' 90% of the coins and leave only 10% for the users of both sha and scrypt algorthms. Shows me how far you actually favor cryptography. If you were to
complicate the 'bot algorithms' to a level where I'd feel comfortable giving them 90% as opposed to the scrypt/sha algos then I could see it rewarded properly. But fact is
some dude probably wrote some of these 'bot algorithms' in their basement in a day, while scrypt/sha took years to vet and create! the audacity here! then you say 'oh well
there's no way to stop the bot algorithm' .. insanity. make it possible! or at least make it seem possible!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg5705889#msg5705889

Mithrilman - "Implemented progressive path composition!!" - awesome! I can't wait to try this out!

I never did see a proper simple to understand explanation of the fork around mid March. Just an update. That was sorely needed. I can guarantee you that's why a lot of people
jumped ship right there. They wanted to know what happened and all you did was cram a solution down their throat and said 'carry on nothing to see here'. Sorry for the
harshness, just my thought is all Sad Monero/Boolberry teams did a fantastic job of detailing the situaion to non-programmers when the Monero chain got attacked and forked
about a month ago. You did a good job at keeping people updated, but failed on the delivery of the solution is all. Keep that in mind if it ever happens again maybe?

"10 HUC to create a player, and the random disaster could kill it at any time? No way. I do NOT recommend upping the new player fee by 10x.

why? post opinion and let me know

10 huc, disaster,+ expiry, will make it expensive to control 5000 hunters and have them just sit there doing nothing afk....

It would play best controlling less...
10 HUCs is an approx price - though it will prevent map being overcrowded at this time.

Think about it some more..

p.s. are you the one controlling the 7k bots? Cheesy
p.s. increasing price,  also may mean we increase amount of hunters per team (note it will still be more expensive than is now).

There is a balance needed - price is too low to create a team atm" - I think this is a good start at a spam filter, keep up with it. Next step: bigger/different maps you can
teleport to, and spreading out the resources and randomizing the resource spawns. You should also couple this with the ability to easily 'reclaim' your hunter. 10 HUC is an
entire block after all. . it's crazy to lose it due to having to sleep with nowhere safe to put it. don't tell me to make a team. team natured attempts at pools can't really
be made because it just doesn't work. look where you're at right now, is it happening 8 months lateR? change the implementation so it has a chance to happen. incentivize it
better by giving people the chance to protect their assets.

snailbrain - "Get more friends to play with you.
Someone who is using 1 GPU to mine bitcoin, isn't going to get many bitcoins..." - but they also don't provably lose bitcoins because they only have one GPU card. Completely
the opposite actually, their total bitcoins always goes up until they sell! Not true in the game Sad You should make it true! This will take your coin from zerosum to netsum
mentality. You're creating wealth out of nowhere, and then people buy this wealth only to lose it to mostly bots. It just isn't making sense or catching on. You can choose to
implement a blockchain-based 'betting' system where people can wager that they won't lose 10 HUC, and on death they lose those 10 HUC .. while also requiring 10 HUC to create
a hunter (so 20 total) and then have 10 out of that 20 go back to you. Or the player can choose to 'bet' 0 HUC, and only use the 10 collateral HUC you require now to use a
character. Maybe you can allow different 'games' or 'maps' to be played based on the amount a player is willing to 'bet' and possibly adjust the 'rewards' on that map
accordingly to the amount that you require the 'bet' to be at? Incentives to bet could be given - not sure what they are maybe you guys can think of one? I Don't know - just a
wild idea here. Maybe tie it with this idea of yours : "The basics are:
If the cost per general is too low, the risk is too low, so the map will be packed (probably by a bot master)
by limiting the amount of people on the map, it should be more about intelligence/strat/skill than pure numbers." where you should also add 'time involved' to the list of
int/strat/skill. Time involved can be used to make it a more human experience. I see this idea as implementing a type of PoS on top of your PoB (proof of bot Cheesy) and PoW
reward structure. Maybe I'm talking more about a dPoS style than a PoS - I don't know enough about dPoS yet but maybe you can build it?

snailbrain - "If someone wants to stop playing, all they need to do is go to bank area, self destruct and bank the coins (not as good as sleep though)." OH! now i feel dumb, I
wish this was made more clear when I was playing the game. I had to read through May 29th of posts just to find this out Sad

So far, it's only really been the last 58 pages of this entire thread that I've seen real discussion happening. Something good seems to be taking root now that the pressure's
off.

domob - "Once I read a post mentioning that the HUC client acts as a perfect coin-mixing service due to dropped coins, etc. This however necessitates having to actually play
the game to benefit from the service. What if all it required was for a person to "deposit" whatever amount of HUC he/she wanted in the game, and then just as easily withdraw
them back? Upon a deposit, the coins get mixed with the main pool of coins on the map, including coins belonging to the players actually playing, and if the user wants to take
those HUC back, all he/she needs to do is withdraw them back and you will have a fresh amount of HUC.

This might need a slight overhaul of the payment system, whereby a player would need to "charge" his playing time rather than deposit money on a one-off basis for a permanent
player. If a player deposits HUC and clicks on "start playing", the timer starts running and the payment made becomes part of the main pool. If there is any playing time left
over, the player can decide to stop playing and withdraw whatever HUC he/she has left plus any amount won. Likewise, for those who simply want to use the coin-mixing service,
all they would need to do is deposit the money without clicking on start, and withdraw the same money after the mix has occurred. I think HUC is the only coin which can afford
having a central mixing service due to its very nature as a game. The only centralization occurring here is the temporary "holding" of the coins of people playing

While a nice idea, I don't see how this would be possible for now.  The problem is that there must be some kind of verifiable link between deposit and withdraw (to make sure
that noone can withdraw more than they deposited), and this link can be used to undo the mix.  I actually think that even the game in its current state, if you play it, is not
too great as a coin mixer - mixing would mean to create a lot of generals, kill them off somehow, and collect their coins with different players (ideally on a different
wallet).  But presumably either this procedure is very tedious and bears a lot of risk that other players collect the coins instead, or it must be done in a very obvious way
so that the mix isn't really of any use.

However, if there are good ideas how to facilitate coin mixing inside of Huntercoin's game, I'm definitely interested in that!" - I believe this can be achieved with darkcoins
masternodes, which can be utilized in this manner. Coupled with my idea of having different 'games' or 'maps' being hosted across different masternodes .. you might have an
explosive idea. is it possible?

Music! Games need music compatability! Imagine if the music in my signature was playing over and over again? Well, maybe just songs 1-4 would be good to hear over and
over agian while I'm playing this game! Cheesy Just me though, I'm sure you all have your own favorite music. Personally I'd kick a little more ass for sure if I had some fun
chiptune/8-bit blasting in the background of this game. Maybe change the wallet GUI skin every song or something to a nice picture to accent the game and music? Cheesy

I do see a good usage of bots - use them to creat NPC characters. But this would require some kind of story so there's not an immediate incentive to obliterate them with a
bomb and take their money. Following that track - you can work out a chat client to interface with the npc across the blockchain to do things. Maybe have them offer 'quests'
that they can track your progress on and offer you HUC as a reward! Don't know if that's the greatest idea but it sets up a story for this game .. to move it away from just
PvP content and introduce something with PvE. I don't think this would need a hardfork to try out - someone can just code a bot that does this. Mithrilman's post here gave me
this idea: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg7765420#msg7765420

mithrilman brilliant post - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg8019714#msg8019714 - this one needs to be rehashed because I think it's something important that
got skipped over and pushed to the back of peoples minds. Don't let the thought stay there.

snailbrain - "It cannot compete with WoW/Everquest etc, or even a basic RTS, what is the point of it being in the chain?"  - I think it can. use the new technologies that have
been developed in the past few months, pay attention to jl777's supernet and telepods in bitcoindark. I think this can be tied very well into your currency. Sorry if i seem
repetitive here, but the freedom to free a transaction from the blockchain cryptographically and in the way that was described could take the variable unknown funciton to the
next order of magnitude?

snailbrain - "I'm pretty sure that no one would play huntercoin if they didn't thnk there is a chance that their hucs will one day be worth something." I think youre right,
but your wording is off base: people will play any game that could potentially and provably (cryptographically) earn them money. Especially if that game is free and reasonably
fun. Also, the fact that the value that's created or collected in playing the game is just a mindblowing concept to me.

redbeans - "I was thinking around 100.  Make the big guys in the middle come back to the wallet more often.  Give others a chance to steal their coins more often.  I think it
could balance things a bit more.

I realize its not top priority, but maybe something to talk about more once other bugs etc are sorted out." - this is an awesome idea to fight bots and give more power to
humans, because someone can code a bot to just hold all the coins ever and never give you a chance to get them. Greedy bot problem. While I'm not againt one person getting
lots of money, I am against the idea that that same person can just write another bot algorithm to camp every single coin spawn spot on the map which should be random and
basically make it impossible for one person to ever get coins. Not only that - the human will forever lose coins and lose their will to compete. That is crucial and needs to
be protected. Bots have infinite will to compete because time has been factored from their equation. A humans will to compete is severely limited by this and its not
factorable unless bots were ubiquitous. maybe that's the direction this should go in though .. but again .. then the currency isn't human mined, it's algorithm mined.

Maybe most of what I'm describing can go to this 'Chronokings' that I keep reading about. Not sure the status of that.

Maybe ant colony bot algorithms are good for this game, but I think there needs to be >1 game on this blockchain. Not because it's bad now, because it doesn't accurately
describe the demographic you're wanting to market to - everyone. It's a part of a whole, the first part of the whole, but not the whole in itself. I think in the absolute
lease this coin can be a compendium of libraries of bots that can solve any specific logic-based game in the most absolutely efficient way possible. You'll need more than one
game for that though. Maybe try Chess next? Cryptographically rewarded chess would be badass.

What I see in HUC is the ability to usher in an era of unhackable MMO's where in-game items or experience or cash can all be attributed to this currency or one closely tied to
it. One where we don't need Battleye clients or anti cheat engines because things of value in a game are cryptographically secured by an asset related to this coin, or
directly related to this coin itself (colored coins?). In that era, the theft of games themselves won't matter as the true value will be cryptographically proven in the
content of the interactions a player makes in the game. Each player could be a stake holder in a company. They could sell their in game items or experiences to people for real
money and it can be controlled entirely by a free market. Demand for items or currency won't run out so long as new content continues. A total revolution of the gaming
industry could be in order. But maybe this view is too big for this coin. Maybe this viewpoint is best left to currencies that are not gaming engines, and instead are best
left to just regular currencies? I just don't know. Even better, you can probably get some of the people that integrate this client into their game to also have it allocate 5%
of the graphics card to just mining this coin while a game using this coin is being played. Insane hash power security.

In short, as I read through the whitespace in this thread .. these are the ideas I found either partially formed or never fully mentioned. Some might be mine originally, but
this post was made from going through your entire thread and writing what came to mind. I think what you have right now it something great, and if it never changes that's fine
with me. I'll hold the little bit of HUC I've got now and maybe run the client once a week or so for the next couple months before I forget about it in the ever present debt
slavery that is my life. Eventually, I'll totally forget about what you guys have here and that will be sad. But it will be a welcomed one, as it would have just been an idea
that really wasn't meant to be. Again, I don't know the future .. it's up to you guys to decide what that is. I've shared what I think your future can be, and that's about all
I can do for you Smiley . I wanted to post these thoughts before I forgot to post them to you, because in the very least you've all earned an outsiders perspective.

Anyways, just know that I'm not angry so if any of this seemed angry to you I'm sorry and I didn't mean it to come across that way. More inspired is what I am. I don't
consider you guys a company and me a customer. It's an open source project, and this is how I can contribute besides playing the game. I bought just enough to play the game
comfortably ~2k HUC. I could buy a lot more, but I'm not in a rush I guess. Apart from this, I can post here a few times but in all honesty I don't have much to contribute.
Blockchain-based game currency engines are a fantastic idea IMO and even if nothing changes from here I'll be satisfied with what you guys came up with. See you guys out on
the field!

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:47:05 AM

big post..

I'll read fully later..

I will also reread my posts which probably contradict themselves many times Smiley

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 08:57:44 AM

Pleaseee no inflation! That would fucker up my long term vision of the coin Tongue

Good post and welcome!

billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:32:43 AM

Pleaseee no inflation! That would fucker up my long term vision of the coin Tongue

Good post and welcome!

I will read that long post later, I agree with bay though.  Add inflation and I will be done.  I advise OP of long post to play a little more.   I really do not think there are many  if any aggressive bots playing.  There are mostly gathering bots.   If you are being killed it's by humans.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:14:04 AM

oh my, I've an headache now that i read all the post, i understood that you have noted your thoughts while you were reading the entire thread, but for a reader this post is weighty and there is a risk that some of your content get lost in the process of keeping reading Tongue

I will just reply to points moved thoward client implementations/features

I don't remember all and quoting this post is almost impossible while I'm @ work, anyway i have to say that while i agree on your will to contribute to the cause of huntercoin, i invite you to try my client and then i'm sure you'll change some of your ideas, here's why:

preamble: within my client i can do almost what i want, adding every feature worth to be added, but it would be valid only for my client and not qt, except some features that could be added right into the daemon logic (so in blockchain).
My client isn't the official one, even if i think it somehow should be considered so, because gives a much better first impression to the coin to new users then QT version.
Actually we can say that QT version isn't improving in a GUI/features perspective because domob is busy on the core implementation (much more important at the moment!) and anyway i'm not sure about the upgrade that the QT game client will receive over time, i don't expect big changes on it (but i could be wrong).
AFAIK snailbrain team is focused on Unity client (web/phone) so i think their effort are focused on that implementation. I imagine a future where my client will be chosen for desktop usage, and Unity client for mobile but who knows...

1) you asked a way to build complex path: there is already
multipath already exists since months, it has been one of my first addition to the client (with current version, select the hunter you want to move, then hold CTRL and right click on the map, to add a destination point to your route, while if you hold SHIFT and right click somewhere, you set a straight path to that point), then recently even QT wallet allow that, using the CTRL key too (if i'm right, i don't use qt since March Cheesy)

2) you asked for music
this is something i'm working on, actually with very low priority (tons of things to do... can't imagine) anyway I've already added a retro style music to the "Synchronization Screen", and I'll add other sounds in the future (i wanted to add a depressing music during disaster, etc...) and the idea to have a playlist to play is fine (theorically could even be possible then to setup a market for users to sell their music for HUCs, could be a nice service, more on user's market later)

3) you asked to not die while you are afk, or to compete with bots, etc..
I've already implemented my firsts behaviours, that are attachable to any hunter and give automatic movements and decisions abilities. I've a shared vision like snailbrain of the future of the game, where players command their armies assigning them "tasks", allowing them to act according to their chained behaviours but having the ability to manual move them whenever you want
I've already implemented the skeleton of this, in my client you can already assign behaviours and take control whenever you want (http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/News/10)
Current behaviours are just "passive", they don't defend hunters from attacks, or attack anyone, but it's just a matter of time, I'll add new behaviours over time and I'll give the chance to anyone to code their own and sell on market

note about market i talked about.
I want to try to create a financial ecosystem around huntercoin, where you can sell features for HUCs and so use HUCs to buy features.
Behaviours is an example, but even what you called "theme" could be sold (people could create their own graphics following my constraints and specifications and sell them on market), or music/sounds, etc...

P.S.
I liked the idea of having some BOTs behave like NPC, i already thought that and wanted to talk about this in the future but since you mentioned that, here it is:
I could create some special behaviours that anyone could attach to their hunters, and this will transform such player (just for my client users of course) in something different (as graphics) then others and will start acting the way they are supposed to behave.
Imagine if you buy a behaviour called "Barbarian" that's rapresented by a big angry guy that in berserker mode try to kill whoever is near him, etc...
this kind of behaviours could be run by anyone who wants to give some depth to the game, could even carry some coin, and could even be much more, because I'd like to experiment an idea i've in mind: a kind of advertising in game, but not an harmful one in term of invasiveness, but a funny one... Imagine if i find someone that wants to sponsor it's website, activity, etc..., he then will run my client, running a special behaviour that will talk about it's activity (but i don't want to waste blockchain space, so chat messages will be visible on a separate channel, like my server implementation) that will show text messages right over the map, and the incentive for players will be to kill him to stop him "spamming" around its message, finally collecting its loot

That special behaviour will have constraint as it couldn't stand still near spawn areas but have to move to the center of the map, etc... and will require the sponsor to spend let say 5 HUCs per block, or something like that, to keep that behaviour alive and i could send some of the spent money as a bonus to people who killed him, etc... could be funny and interesting to test
I can add anything i want... the only problem is... time Smiley (and graphics content, i suck at that)

Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: