Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:51:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO without whitepaper  (Read 7583 times)
isaqyomex1 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:53:53 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 05:30:22 AM by isaqyomex1

Personally , I don't think there should be an ICO without whitepaper. The whitepaper bridges the gap between an investor and a company. Can we say a ICO without a whitepaper is a scam? Or what can you say about an ICO without whitepaper
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:40:58 PM

I'm guessing you mean that the project doesn't have a whitepaper and they have a bounty campaign going? As a investor, I wouldn't say it's 100% a scam project because of this, but I would be very curious and would be watching its development before investing into it.
kuzawi

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:45:31 PM

You need to ask to devs if a whitepaper will coming since some project starts the Bounty real soon.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:04:45 AM

Personally , I don't think there should be a bounty without whitepaper. The whitepaper bridges the gap between an investor and a company. Can we say a bounty without a whitepaper is a scam? Or what can you say about a bounty without whitepaper
Are you idiot? The whitepaper is an important part to give the more explanation about the future roadmap, development, technical details and many more. I can say that is really important. With or without the whitepaper and it can be turned into a scam anytime. Where are you from dude?
evelyne.theresia1

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:09:17 AM

Of course bounty without whitepaper should 100% SCAM Project.
Why? Where you see the roadmap, the team, devs, and where the project going to.

My recommendation for you, NEVER JOIN BOUNTY THAT HAVE NO WHITEPAPER!
Vampirepro

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:09:41 AM

It would be a bit unfair to call it a scam just because you don't have a white paper, but have to be very careful, how would you know their goals, ideals, and plans without the white paper? Besides the technologies involved and how they will work? they may release the bounty early to raise funds faster, but a project so quick to release the bounty without a white paper is very suspicious.
daniel08

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:19:11 AM

For me as a investor and a bounty hunter a bounty campaign without a whitepaper is obviously a scam . Because whenever i participate in an ICO as a investor and a bounty participant i always looking for their whitepaper to be able to interest me to invest in their project. Whenever the whitepaper of a project suit my interest i immediately invest in their project. And i believe that a good project has a good whitepaper and has a good team and good community.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
Rosemarie Carizo

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:26:30 AM

Yes for me without whitepaper in a bounty is absolutely a scam because some of bounty hunters and investor's before they want to join bounty or they invest in any bounty they read first the whitepaper for them to know if that bounty is good .
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:40:07 AM

Personally , I don't think there should be a bounty without whitepaper. The whitepaper bridges the gap between an investor and a company. Can we say a bounty without a whitepaper is a scam? Or what can you say about a bounty without whitepaper
Are you idiot? The whitepaper is an important part to give the more explanation about the future roadmap, development, technical details and many more. I can say that is really important. With or without the whitepaper and it can be turned into a scam anytime. Where are you from dude?
Without white paper no one can trust the project because information about the plan for it is unknown and investors even bounty hunters back out easily. White paper is really important because it provides the everything about the project that can make investors to support it. It has to provide by the team before while the development is on going to see if it is becoming successful.

Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:42:35 AM

Yes for me without whitepaper in a bounty is absolutely a scam because some of bounty hunters and investor's before they want to join bounty or they invest in any bounty they read first the whitepaper for them to know if that bounty is good .
Exactly, so if those people behind that project really want to succeed on their ICO they must work for their whitepaper. Also it is important to have a roadmap or future plan for tha project so the investors can expect something on the project you are working with. Don't invest on the ICO without reading the Whitepaper, this is one of the most important part of the ICO.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:52:08 AM

It's quite true that a bounty ICO project without a whitepaper is not directional, however we cannot generally regard it as scam because some of them would later come with a whitepaper. But we should take note that a clear whitepaper is very important in the life of any bounty.
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:52:38 AM

Some of them are scams, but many projects don't have a whitepaper, simply because it may not be in their current priority or budget.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:00:13 AM

What kind of mund had the team to run a public bounty unprofessional way. Not well prepared, it seems the purpose is to scam . A project runs a bounty to attract community and have an investor so if a project just only run bounty without any whitepaper, it will consider a shit. Stay away and find a best one.
marn6767

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:05:30 AM

WhitePaper not is the aim of fraudulent projects. This can not be explained further. You definitely should not invest in such projects and participate in bounty programs. Otherwise you can do serious damage
luckyFF

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:06:57 AM

A project without a white paper is obviously a scam. A white paper is a very important thing to let people know what the project is doing, what the goal is, and what problem to solve.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:11:00 AM

That's a very big risk if the ICO project don't have any whitepaper to their project because if you are the investor you don't know where they are going especially the roadmap. So for me without whitepaper is absolutely a scam, like you said and i agree on that.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 01:13:21 AM

I've only come across one project that didn't have a whitepaper and the whole ico website looked like it was done by a 6th grader.
Scams will at least copy and paste (plagiarize) another projects whitepaper to give the illusion that they are real.

The #1 rule for bounty hunting is to only do a bounty that you would invest real money into.
Would you ever invest in something that doesn't even have a whitepaper?

That's like buying a car that doesn't have wheels...

The reason that you hear so many stories of people getting scammed in bounties is because a lot of these bounty hunters join multiple programs at once.
With so many things to manage they don't take the time to vet the bounty program and end up picking some that suck.

quality over quantity, that is the only way to go about doing it.

drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:14:33 AM

That’s one of the main key for someone to invest on a ICO. Clearly it’s a scam for icos without the whitepaper and roadmaps. They have nothing to bring to you when and it’s not luring the investors if they have no whipepaper.
tunglong

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:17:20 AM

Hello, I agree with you, The whitepaper bridges the gap between an investor and a company. If the ICO without whitepaper, we don't know what they do, what they provide, how they work... So that ICO is truly scam! Please don't do invest in the ICO which don't have the white paper.
pprun

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:19:40 AM

For me bounty without whitepaper is simply the team are lazy. Whitepaper is the basic tool in order to understand the project easily providing whatsoever that necessary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: