Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:17:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO without whitepaper  (Read 7584 times)
jyotsna060278

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 05:49:54 AM

The projects without whitepaper or roadmap is certainly prone to be scams as it proved in many projects in the past 2-3 years. We should be very careful to invest in such ICOs or should remain away from such projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DesertOasis3

Activity: 144
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:53:45 AM

Personally I would 100% ignore any project that cannot even produce a whitepaper before they begin crowdfunding. This is a crucial step to inform potential investors of at least the intent and metrics of the project. If this simple document does not even exist then I would stay well away.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:02:31 AM

You should never invest anything in a project without seeing the whitepaper first. One of the most important things in the whitepaper is the Roadmap for development, without seeing this how can you know that you are not investing in a project that do not plan to produce anything for 1 or 2 years? Also there will be important definitions of the project scope and the distribution of tokens. Always read and understand a whitepaper first

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:04:02 AM

Personally , I don't think there should be an ICO without whitepaper. The whitepaper bridges the gap between an investor and a company. Can we say a ICO without a whitepaper is a scam? Or what can you say about an ICO without whitepaper
I will ignore any project that don't have a whitepaper because o don't want to invest in something unknown. Whitepaper is a very important thing for the project because it explain what the project are trying to do and that can make investor more certain about their investment.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:23:42 AM

Personally , I don't think there should be an ICO without whitepaper. The whitepaper bridges the gap between an investor and a company. Can we say a ICO without a whitepaper is a scam? Or what can you say about an ICO without whitepaper

I agree with you a whitepaper is much more important for an ICO which help investor to know about that project which they want to invest which also help to grow up an ICO.

ICO with out Whitepaper it's looks like it's scam!
aioc

Activity: 2884
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:30:31 AM

Why would not create a whitepaper, this is a big proof that the project is legit and all the details about the project are all here, this is the blue print of the project if they don't have time to create one then we have no time to look at their project, this is very important for any project aside from the composition of the team.

mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:53:25 AM

ico without whitepaper it seems that it is very unlikely because of the whitepaper they can read the project plan they want to emulate and can make the investors become confident with the existing ICO so it's better that ICO should have its whitepaper.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:01:46 AM

The Whitepaper of the project must be present, because the idea of ​​the project, its technical analysis, capabilities, value for investors and users, a road map - all this is contained in the main document of the project - White Paper. In fact, this is the charter of the project. ICO without whitepaper is nothing.
Nata2017

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:06:16 AM

I think that the project must provide a white paper. In another case, there is absolutely no confidence in this project. How do you even deal with this project without documents and information?
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:08:55 AM

I think that whitepaper is important document where the idea of the project is described, if it is not described anywhere than it is difficult to figure out whether the project is good. So I do not think that such project will have success, and most probably it is scam.

AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:17:49 AM

For me it is suspicious, and I can say that there are not so many ICOs without whitepaper. When I saw this project I go through IcoGuide.com and almost all projects listed there have the document.
bogdasha07

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:21:48 AM

For me it is also important to see white paper before making any conclusions about the project. It is a real must-have.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:33:59 AM

Thats a clear example of a cam projects and theres nothing to think twice,how can a ICO be recognized and be called a legitimate project if even white paper they cannot provide?only fool will buy their reason if ever there is,never engagd with that lousy team and project because for sure they will only victimize people around hre
iamsediii

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:36:33 AM

Without whitepaper it's look like malicious project because the team they don't have plans and roadmap when developing the ICO. After ICO, they don't know what is the next step to do. So that the whitepaper is the most important before you start to developing the project.
Laxus215

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:43:08 AM
Merited by Saint1990 (5)

White paper is an important instrument that helps business explain themselves to people about what problem they are solving, how they are solving that problem what is the time line to achieve the same. they also address the business issues, showcase their products and prototype and can also outline a competitive solution for the same. There are few things to be considered before going to the conclusion whether the ICO is scam or NOT
1) Sometimes ICOs start developing community and marketing without whitepaper take example of https://icodrops.com/tari/, it doesn't mean this project is scam. Sometimes projects are under development too.
2) Don't trust all projects with good whitepaper, Go deeply and check for information like stage of the project. Check is they have working prototype, Codes, and partnership. Check also whether Venture capital are supporting projects, sometimes VCs also supports project from early stages.
3) Activities in Blockchain related events & conference.

nekorakoeora

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:45:39 AM

somehow it's a bit dubious to me. ICO without whitepaper will make a job without having a clear concept and purpose. up to now, I've always found using whitepaper and it made us know what is supported. If no whitepaper will probably be questioned as well but if it can produce then it doesn't matter.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:51:57 AM

It is unthinkable that an ICO is without a whitepaper. Whitepaper plays an integral part of the ICO's project.  Investors would like to invest in a project with a good team that has an engineering experience to launch a tokenized project.  I believe that ICO's that do not have whitepaper has less chances of reaching its deployment as a utility.
Suharjo

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:54:47 AM

ICO without a whitepaper is not entirely a scam, but investors become less convinced if it is not accompanied by a whitepaper. because for a potential investor, a whitepaper is essential to provide more explanations about the roadmap, future project development, and more.
f12345

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:57:02 AM

There are almost no universal truths when it comes to token issuance and Initial Coin Offering (ICO) events but here’s one: every one has a white paper.
The trouble is there is no standard, universal structure, or best practice when it comes to these documents.
After launching benjaCoin, I was struck by the range of questions and comments we received. We heard that we were too technical and not technical enough. We were asked about how we’re getting Nike into cryptotokens, and whether we think the movie The Fan should be rebooted. Questions and comments all over the map.
Based on that experience and my involvement in subsequent projects, here’s a list of questions that should be answered and things that should be standard in any white paper you’re considering:
Juggernautbtc

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:04:21 AM

I agree with you. If the team can not allocate money to write a whitepaper, which is a very important part of the project, then you can not think about success. I try to skip such projects, in any case, you will not lose much.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: