Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:16:15 AM

http://dcebrief.com/taiwan-could-be-seeing-a-digital-currency-boom/

This article makes me question whether it would be possible for PayPal to accept digital currency? What would the pros and cons be? I can immediately knowledge that one downfall would be the involvement of a third party, and fees for those transactions. The positive thing would be that by accepting Bitcoin and DNotes, PayPal would encourage consumers to accept digital currency as a real currency.

It's absolutely possible for PayPal to accept digital currency, every vendor or money services company has all the tools needed to do so. PayPal would likely charge fees, but it would be up to the user whether they want the ease of use PayPal might provide or feel comfortable managing their own digital wallet. However, if PayPal does accept digital currency, and doesn't compete by lowering fees for digital currency transactions and making it easier to use, other companies will jump at the chance to acquire those customers PayPal would lose.

I appreciate that DNotes doesn't take an adversarial approach to big business. Most of the world will prefer the easiest options, even if it does cost some fee. They need crypto to stay in the game and relevant, and crypto needs them to reach the masses.

Thanks, Bergman. That is the correct observation. We are committed to being respectful to everyone. That may be one of the trade secrets why DNotes and its communities have been able to accomplish so much in such a short period of time. We are very focused in problem solving and "mind our own business", avoiding the destructive consequences of dramas that have ruined so many other cryptocurrencies.

Paypal, banks, debit and credit card companies are here to stay for a long time. They will be the gateways and conduits in many of our future financial services. We will compete fiercely based on our strengths in certain areas but must cooperate where we can find common grounds and mutual benefits in other areas. Constructive business philosophy is important to business success. We are sincerely committed to represent our industry in the best of light, helping to build much need trust and respect. What is good for our industry will be good for everyone. There has never been a better opportunity for common people with little means to join force in working together for the better good of mankind.   

Bergman - I did not think about the fact that companies like PayPal need crypto to stay relevant. What an eye-opening statement Smiley

Kris, Bitcoin, DNotes or digital currency in general, and the Blockchain technology collectively will be causing a paradigm shift of seismic proportion that will be difficult to ignore.

Free market forces always weed out those who are too slow to response and adapt. The Internet technology revolution should an eye-opener for those who are not so sure what a disruptive technology could do. I trust that Paypal is well aware of that. Like many major banks, they will not just stay on the sideline and watch. They will participate in ways that serve their interest best.

Paypal will be forced to lower fees or they will be squished out by someone or some company that is willing to charge less. Companies who take credit cards, paypal, debit cards etc are tired of huge monthly fees just for accepting these are methods of payment. This is a HUGE cost for companies and specifically a huge cost to small businesses when the business volumn may not be large enough to get the "big company" volumn discounts.  Larger companies who can negociate large discounts because of volumn are at an advantage over small businesses who pay a higher price for accepting credit cards, simply because they do not have the volumn. When a credit card processor approaches a business they ask "What is your volumn of sales per year?". I ask what does that matter? If you don't do enough and are too small you are accessed a higher rate. Which in turn penalizes small business.  Who employs the most workers.... small business. That is why I have stated before the credit card companies and banks are making out like fat rats and they are doing it electronically, which is basically all automatic. And yes I know a person has to take care of the electronic portion of this. The credit card companies employ "customer service people" not people to transfer money around from the consumers account to the businesses account when a purchase is made. We all have had the customer service rep that we cannot understand as well. They are paying them peanuts.  As you can tell this is something that is personal as I see money snatched from my account each month for providing a service to "their" client.  Isn't that something, they sell the service to the consumer, the use of a credit card, then sell the service to me to accept that card, then charge my business for their customer using their service and if the consumer does not pay on time they charge them interest and a late fee.  They have got it made and have sold each of us on the idea.  Just think if crypto currency takes off... oh how I look forward to that day.  By the way my business accepts Bitcoin and DNotes as method of payment and for any small business out there I suggest they get with it and begin accepting it as well.  Just think if even at the beginning it is 5 to 10 percent who utilize digital currency and it grows from there.  The credit card thieves would feel the pinch. Another problem is the consumer does not have any idea (most generally) that the business gets charged for them to use that card. To the consumer it is free. Cannot wait until the day that most pay with digital currency.   
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:26:47 AM

This article makes me question whether it would be possible for PayPal to accept digital currency? What would the pros and cons be? I can immediately knowledge that one downfall would be the involvement of a third party, and fees for those transactions. The positive thing would be that by accepting Bitcoin and DNotes, PayPal would encourage consumers to accept digital currency as a real currency.

It's absolutely possible for PayPal to accept digital currency, every vendor or money services company has all the tools needed to do so. PayPal would likely charge fees, but it would be up to the user whether they want the ease of use PayPal might provide or feel comfortable managing their own digital wallet. However, if PayPal does accept digital currency, and doesn't compete by lowering fees for digital currency transactions and making it easier to use, other companies will jump at the chance to acquire those customers PayPal would lose.

I appreciate that DNotes doesn't take an adversarial approach to big business. Most of the world will prefer the easiest options, even if it does cost some fee. They need crypto to stay in the game and relevant, and crypto needs them to reach the masses.

Thanks, Bergman. That is the correct observation. We are committed to being respectful to everyone. That may be one of the trade secrets why DNotes and its communities have been able to accomplish so much in such a short period of time. We are very focused in problem solving and "mind our own business", avoiding the destructive consequences of dramas that have ruined so many other cryptocurrencies.

Paypal, banks, debit and credit card companies are here to stay for a long time. They will be the gateways and conduits in many of our future financial services. We will compete fiercely based on our strengths in certain areas but must cooperate where we can find common grounds and mutual benefits in other areas. Constructive business philosophy is important to business success. We are sincerely committed to represent our industry in the best of light, helping to build much need trust and respect. What is good for our industry will be good for everyone. There has never been a better opportunity for common people with little means to join force in working together for the better good of mankind.   

Bergman - I did not think about the fact that companies like PayPal need crypto to stay relevant. What an eye-opening statement Smiley

Kris, Bitcoin, DNotes or digital currency in general, and the Blockchain technology collectively will be causing a paradigm shift of seismic proportion that will be difficult to ignore.

Free market forces always weed out those who are too slow to response and adapt. The Internet technology revolution should an eye-opener for those who are not so sure what a disruptive technology could do. I trust that Paypal is well aware of that. Like many major banks, they will not just stay on the sideline and watch. They will participate in ways that serve their interest best.

I think the vast majority of "money changers" are baffled by the blockchain and digital currency. Most of them have no idea what either one really entails.  I think we will see a lot of different reactions, most being a result of still thinking in a "fiat" way. I think it may take them quite some time to "get it".

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:29:49 AM

Paypal will be forced to lower fees or they will be squished out by someone or some company that is willing to charge less. Companies who take credit cards, paypal, debit cards etc are tired of huge monthly fees just for accepting these are methods of payment. This is a HUGE cost for companies and specifically a huge cost to small businesses when the business volumn may not be large enough to get the "big company" volumn discounts.  Larger companies who can negociate large discounts because of volumn are at an advantage over small businesses who pay a higher price for accepting credit cards, simply because they do not have the volumn. When a credit card processor approaches a business they ask "What is your volumn of sales per year?". I ask what does that matter? If you don't do enough and are too small you are accessed a higher rate. Which in turn penalizes small business.  Who employs the most workers.... small business. That is why I have stated before the credit card companies and banks are making out like fat rats and they are doing it electronically, which is basically all automatic. And yes I know a person has to take care of the electronic portion of this. The credit card companies employ "customer service people" not people to transfer money around from the consumers account to the businesses account when a purchase is made. We all have had the customer service rep that we cannot understand as well. They are paying them peanuts.  As you can tell this is something that is personal as I see money snatched from my account each month for providing a service to "their" client.  Isn't that something, they sell the service to the consumer, the use of a credit card, then sell the service to me to accept that card, then charge my business for their customer using their service and if the consumer does not pay on time they charge them interest and a late fee.  They have got it made and have sold each of us on the idea.  Just think if crypto currency takes off... oh how I look forward to that day.  By the way my business accepts Bitcoin and DNotes as method of payment and for any small business out there I suggest they get with it and begin accepting it as well.  Just think if even at the beginning it is 5 to 10 percent who utilize digital currency and it grows from there.  The credit card thieves would feel the pinch. Another problem is the consumer does not have any idea (most generally) that the business gets charged for them to use that card. To the consumer it is free. Cannot wait until the day that most pay with digital currency.   

Thanks, Grandmama. The fact of the matter is, a very large number of business owners struggled just to survive and to stay in business, in fear of not being able to find a job if they close down their business. They are also concerned, as often the case, that many family members and friends who worked for them would loose their jobs too.

Credit cards fees, high charge-backs, and very high credit card interest (up to 30%) are significant operating expenses of small businesses. When survival is at stake, with no better options available, no matter how frustrating, one accepts what is available to stay in business.

Small businesses in America and around the world need help in the form of alternatives that offer other form of payment options that are far less costly to conduct business.  DNotes is committed to be that available options. We want to do even more and are genuinely concerned about their underfunded retirement. CRISP For Retirement and CRISP Employee Incentive Benefits are designed for small business owners and their employees. Working with small business owners, including women small business, will soon be our area of focus.
KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:33:07 PM

STANFORD UNIVERSITY COURSE COULD GROW BITCOIN COMMUNITY, SAYS PROFESSOR

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stanford-university-course-grow-bitcoin-community/

Omg! This is great!!!

"If we can start turning out 100 students a year who are experts on Bitcoin, this will really start growing the community quickly which should lead to exciting new technical advances in the future."
 -Professor Joseph Bonneau

So when will high schools, better yet, middle schools start to teach on the subject??
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:59:48 PM

STANFORD UNIVERSITY COURSE COULD GROW BITCOIN COMMUNITY, SAYS PROFESSOR

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stanford-university-course-grow-bitcoin-community/

Omg! This is great!!!

"If we can start turning out 100 students a year who are experts on Bitcoin, this will really start growing the community quickly which should lead to exciting new technical advances in the future."
 -Professor Joseph Bonneau

So when will high schools, better yet, middle schools start to teach on the subject??

Yes, this is good news! Speaking of school, I have three currently in elementary school and they watch me when I go on exchanges and do buys/trades. I am already getting them started down the path of digital currency. I show them their CRISP for Kids savings and they see how it grows. They truly are very interested in it and how money is sent "through the air" as they say. You can never start them too early.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:11:54 PM

This is a very interesting article in which the blockchain is one of six mega-trends identified by the World Economic Forum that will lead the transition to a more digital and connected world.

World Economic Forum Survey Projects Blockchain 'Tipping Point' by 2023

http://www.coindesk.com/world-economic-forum-governments-blockchain/

The Six Megatrends  from the report "Deep Shift: Technology Tipping Points and Societal Impact"

As a foundation to its work, the council sought to identify the software and services megatrends which are shaping society, and their associated opportunities and risks.

People and the internet - How people connect with others, information and the world around them is being transformed through a combination of technologies. Wearable and implantable technologies will enhance people’s “digital presence”, allowing them to interact with objects and one another in new ways.

Computing, communications and storage everywhere  -  The continued rapid decline in the size and cost of computing and connectivity technologies is driving an exponential growth in the potential to access and leverage the internet. This will lead to ubiquitous computing power being available, where everyone has access to a supercomputer in their pocket, with nearly unlimited storage capacity.

The Internet of Things  - Smaller, cheaper and smarter sensors are being introduced – in homes, clothes and accessories, cities, transport and energy networks, as well as manufacturing processes.

Artificial intelligence (AI) and big data  - Exponential digitization creates exponentially more data – about everything and everyone. In parallel, the sophistication of the problems software can address, and the ability for software to learn and evolve itself, is advancing rapidly.  This is built on the rise of big data for decision-making, andthe influence that AI and robotics are starting to have on decision-making and jobs.

The sharing economy and distributed trust  - The internet is driving a shift towards networks and platform-based social and economic models. Assets can be shared, creating not just new efficiencies but also whole new business models and opportunities for social selforganization.  The blockchain, an emerging technology, replaces the need for third-party institutions to provide trust for financial, contract and voting activities.

The digitization of matter  - Physical objects are “printed” from raw materials via additive, or 3D, printing, a process that transforms industrial manufacturing, allows for printing products at home and creates a whole set of human health opportunities.

"The World Economic Forum (WEF) has identified blockchain technology as one of its six mega-trends in a new report broadly aimed at outlining the expected transition to a more digital and connected world."

It is certainly interesting, but should not be much of a surprise to us. From my prospective, if the six were ranked by magnitude and world changing implications, it should be the leader of the pack.

I think you are right Dyna, it may take some time for people to recognize the implications.

"The sharing economy and distributed trust" - This is a very broad title, encompassing all of cryptocurrency, blockchain, and then some. This should positively be at the top of the list.
KristinaHD

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:40:12 PM

Scotland Urged to Create its own Digital Currency

http://dcebrief.com/scotland-urged-to-create-its-own-digital-currency/

This sounds like a great suggestion, but if Scotland decides to use that advise and create its own digital currency, wouldn't they be giving up some amount of control? Is there any way a government authority could gain information or control of the currency? Take Greece for instance. They basically shut people out of their own bank accounts, allowing them only to withdraw a certain amount per day. Is that at all possible with Cryptocurrency at all?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 10:32:42 PM

This sounds like a great suggestion, but if Scotland decides to use that advise and create its own digital currency, wouldn't they be giving up some amount of control? Is there any way a government authority could gain information or control of the currency? Take Greece for instance. They basically shut people out of their own bank accounts, allowing them only to withdraw a certain amount per day. Is that at all possible with Cryptocurrency at all?

I'm sure they could adopt an existing digital currency, create a new digital currency with full control, or create a new digital currency with zero control and fully decentralized.

Probably not, depending on where they stored their coins, and how they are handled. They set a limit after closing the banks and people went on a dash for cash withdrawing from ATM's.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 10:55:22 PM

I'm sure they could adopt an existing digital currency, create a new digital currency with full control, or create a new digital currency with zero control and fully decentralized.

Probably not, depending on where they stored their coins, and how they are handled. They set a limit after closing the banks and people went on a dash for cash withdrawing from ATM's.

It's important to note money or creation of money is not an inherent government function.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:49:14 PM

It's important to note money or creation of money is not an inherent government function.

Thanks Bergman,

I'm going to consider making room for that point in my next article - more in a passing manner, since it is difficult to go into everything and substantiate it without things becoming really loooonnnng.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:51:12 PM

From a technical standpoint, can Scotland create its digital currency? Absolutely. Is that the best option for the nation? Absolutely, not. I have made several posts on this subject previously and may want to expand on this subject at another time.

It was a long day for me yesterday; driving 2 hours to attend a meeting and  3 1/2 hours to come home. Fortunately, it was a great meeting with one of the top players in Blockchain technology. Quite an impressive young man in areas covering Blockchain technology, strategies and general business issues.

I will be extremely busy the next few days but will check in when I have a chance.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:12:14 PM

Thanks Bergman,

I'm going to consider making room for that point in my next article - more in a passing manner, since it is difficult to go into everything and substantiate it without things becoming really loooonnnng.

Understood. I do encourage you to post expanded comments. One global digital currency, as a supplement or alternative, for everyone to participate, including nations, is the best option and in the best interest of everyone. We envision that digital currencies will not replace national currencies but supplement them, especial to make the movement and the transfer of money and digital assets of value significantly more efficient and transparent. Additionally, it provides a viable option or alternative for those who strongly believe that the citizens of the world should have the alternative to be in control of their hard earned dollars and not be at risk of loosing them due to unfavorable political decisions.
KristinaHD

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:15:06 PM

From a technical standpoint, can Scotland create its digital currency? Absolutely. Is that the best option for the nation? Absolutely, not. I have made several posts on this subject previously and may want to expand on this subject at another time.

It was a long day for me yesterday; driving 2 hours to attend a meeting and  3 1/2 hours to come home. Fortunately, it was a great meeting with one of the top players in Blockchain technology. Quite an impressive young man in areas covering Blockchain technology, strategies and general business issues.

I will be extremely busy the next few days but will check in when I have a chance.

Alan, GET SOME REST!!! Your meeting sounds interesting. I would have like to be a fly on the wall for that one...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 02:41:09 PM

http://dcebrief.com/in-cryptocurrencies-we-trust-evaluating-the-impact-on-exchange-and-value-in-a-trustless-system/

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:50:54 PM

Thanks Bergman,

Understood. I do encourage you to post expanded comments. One global digital currency, as a supplement or alternative, for everyone to participate, including nations, is the best option and in the best interest of everyone. We envision that digital currencies will not replace national currencies but supplement them, especial to make the movement and the transfer of money and digital assets of value significantly more efficient and transparent. Additionally, it provides a viable option or alternative for those who strongly believe that the citizens of the world should have the alternative to be in control of their hard earned dollars and not be at risk of loosing them due to unfavorable political decisions.

I feel inclined to agree with you Alan,

After hitting 1800 words (which I plan to cull a few hundred) and having realised I need to expand on key points further and add in a key point I didn't explicitly explain, I now think I'll need to split into two articles. This is of course, after I already split my original topic into three articles, and then one of those articles, is now being split into two, but no biggie.

I'll let the community contribute towards potential titles for participation huh? Feel free to modify the following titles any which way.

"The Story You Aren't Being Told; How Fiat Money Causes Inequality"

[huge topic - but Fiat money sends money upwards - central banking works for only a select elite who don't contribute anything to the economy, they merely counterfeit money / are the first to spend it at everybody else's expense].

Crypto blows Fiat out of the water.

followed by:

"Fix Inequality Causes Not Symptoms; The Lack of Diversity Among The Academic Elite"

[Academics are overwhelmingly ill-disposed to free-markets, and nearly all studies are carried out by sociologist professors who perpetually spout the same nonsense that focuses on fixing inequality after the fact - by redistributing wealth from productive citizens who earn wealth fairly, rather than fixing the cause - the way fiat money sends wealth upwards by design to a wealthy elite who earn it illegitimately. The only word for it is theft. Fixing this will nip a lot of the inequality issue in the butt, and it won't affect people who earn exorbitantly high wages fair and square nor business entrepreneurs one bit.]

Lemme know your thoughts Smiley

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:24:17 PM

Thanks Bergman,

After hitting 1800 words (which I plan to cull a few hundred) and having realised I need to expand on key points further and add in a key point I didn't explicitly explain, I now think I'll need to split into two articles. This is of course, after I already split my original topic into three articles, and then one of those articles, is now being split into two, but no biggie.

I'll let the community contribute towards potential titles for participation huh? Feel free to modify the following titles any which way.

[huge topic - but Fiat money sends money upwards - central banking works for only a select elite who don't contribute anything to the economy, they merely counterfeit money / are the first to spend it at everybody else's expense].

followed by:

"Fix Inequality Causes Not Symptoms; The Lack of Diversity Among The Academic Elite"

[Academics are overwhelmingly ill-disposed to free-markets, and nearly all studies are carried out by sociologist professors who perpetually spout the same nonsense that focuses on fixing inequality after the fact - by redistributing wealth from productive citizens who earn wealth fairly, rather than fixing the cause - the way fiat money sends wealth upwards by design to a wealthy elite who earn it illegitimately. The only word for it is theft. Fixing this will nip a lot of the inequality issue in the butt, and it won't affect people who earn exorbitantly high wages fair and square nor business entrepreneurs one bit.]

Bold headlines, great topics. Perhaps a positive spin is in order, if you are trying to inspire people and spread the word about digital currency and it's benefits.

Decentralize Your Wallet; Digital Currency Creates Financial Equality Worldwide
Financial Equality is Within Our Grasp; Bitcoin Leads the Way
(Should provide a good segue to informing people there is more than just bitcoin as well.)

Thinking about the other one... Maybe later today. 
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:42:35 PM

Thanks Bergman,

followed by:

"The Story You Aren't Being Told; How Fiat Money Causes Inequality" - I really like this title as is, and it is a good subject to cover.  I think this is an issue that most people are totally unaware of and in order to adopt digital currency, they need to learn why it is a better choice than fiat.  But I wouldn't use the word counterfeit if we are trying to make nice with these people. lol 

"Fix Inequality Causes Not Symptoms; The Lack of Diversity Among The Academic Elite"  This article will be awesome!  I hate when bandaid solutions are applied to anything, especially because it is usually broken beyond repair.  How will cryptocurrency fix this inequality, where fiat (and the old fix-it bandaids) failed?  Looking forward to it!!

A couple of suggestions for the title:

Inequality Needs To Be Addressed At It's Foundation; The Lack of Diversity Among The Academic Elite

Fix Inequality At It's Foundation (or Source?); The Lack of Diversity Among The Academic Elite

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:58:25 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 03:32:09 PM by Dyna

It is cool that we can now quote our own DCEBrief as the link source. However, it is the statement below that caught my attention. Purchase DNotes Over The Counter, has always been on our wish list. Obviously, someone already beat us to it.

There will come a day, when every cash register or point of sales is also a DNotes ATM where DNotes can be purchased. Imagine, how convenient it is when someone paying at the gas station can say “I like $10 worth of DNotes sent to my retirement account.” Under funded retirement, or no retirement at all is a massive global problem. We all need to rethink how we can help ourselves and others by taking little steps on a disciplined and regular bases. Our political leaders should join force with us to encourage creative savings habits.

One would ask why can't we do it now? The answer involves very costly and complicated compliance, reporting, and licensing issues, and every state has different requirements (48 out of 50 states). Just as bad, there is a serious lack of legal guidance.

Taiwan is actually one of the few places in the world Bitcoin can be purchased over the counter.”

Taiwan Could be Seeing a Digital Currency Boom

Executive Brief

The law of unintended consequence could be about to strike the Taiwanese government. At the end of September PayPal, the popular payment service, will prevent Taiwanese residents from sending or receiving funds from other Taiwanese PayPal users, due to recently introduced legislation. The legislation was brought in to better control virtual money flow, and the PayPal situation was just one result of the wording.

However, while most Asian countries including Taiwan continue to warn consumers of the danger of digital currency, Taiwan is actually one of the few places in the world Bitcoin can be purchased over the counter. This, combined with the legislation affecting the traditional fiat based payment services, could result in a rise in digital currency use in the near future.

Read the full story below.

Governments around the world never seem to lose their desire to control the financial system and how people use and move their money. That might not be so problematic if they were at least careful about the implementation of their ideas, but that is not always the case. Recent legislation in Taiwan designed to facilitate digital money transfers through the existing networks between citizens specifically excludes the use of third party processors. Why that exclusion was implemented is not clear; however, the result of that action is very clear indeed: beginning at the end of September, PayPal users in Taiwan will not be able to send money to other Taiwanese PayPal users.

This is so that PayPal itself, the popular payment service, remains compliant with local laws. Taiwanese will still be able to use their PayPal accounts to send money abroad or make international payments, but not to people in their own country. Yes, that does sound like something went horribly wrong during the crafting of that legislation if that is the outcome. Sadly, that is indeed the outcome.

However, while the government of Taiwan – like most governments in Asia - is anything but friendly towards digital currency, focusing on the potential weak links in exchange and wallet providers, Taiwan does remain one of the few places in the world where Bitcoin can be purchased over the counter. In that regard, Taiwanese are better prepared than people in most nations for a potential shift to digital currency. More restrictions on financial movement (PayPal is built within the traditional fiat system after all) may have the unintended consequence of speeding Taiwanese popular acceptance of cryptocurrency.

This seemingly never ending desire to control all aspects of financial movement could very well be the driving force for the widespread adoption of digital currencies as we move forward. While privacy and other benefits have attracted many so far, the need to keep control of our own money is a much more powerful driving force for most people. Could this be the start of the widespread adoption of digital currency many have hoped for?

Source: DCEBrief - http://dcebrief.com/taiwan-could-be-seeing-a-digital-currency-boom/
Sept. 25, 2015
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 02:48:53 PM

All, one way I was thinking of to promote DCEBrief on social media is infographics. They typically get a lot of traction on social media. It could be based on statistics surrounding an article, or even independent of an article on DCEBrief, or an explanation of an idea or system. If you have ideas, please let me know.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 05:48:27 PM

All, one way I was thinking of to promote DCEBrief on social media is infographics. They typically get a lot of traction on social media. It could be based on statistics surrounding an article, or even independent of an article on DCEBrief, or an explanation of an idea or system. If you have ideas, please let me know.

Just wanted to add, it doesn't matter if it's bitcoin related, or even blockchain related, that may even be preferable for the intended purpose. Anything digital currency related will work.

Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: