Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:28:01 PM

The p2p nature of crypto means getting DNotes into the hands of young students in rural Chinese provinces should be possible with but 1 computer with internet access in each locale, or even smart phone with nearby satellite connections. These charitable donations could be held long-term until maturity where they could really make a meaningful impact on students' lives. I can see another alternative where CRISP for charity accounts can be made on behalf of rural Chinese children who do not have access to internet. These accounts could be managed by a partner charity group who could release the funds when the DNotes are either spendable locally in China, or could be sold in stages on the open market for resources that would make massive changes to their quality of life in their villages. All we would need would be the names of children, and somebody prepared to create the accounts and make the deposits. Each name for a child at each village could be given a rather generic name [Name][Location][Birthyear] at an auto-generated e-mail address with 1 - 10 DNotes automatically deposited via a script that requires only the children's names.

Form with Name, Village, Birthyear and associated charity [World Vision / Foreign Brothers etc]

Example:

TeeGeeWellington1988@ForeignBrothers-DNotesVault.com
DYNAChicago1946@Oxfam-DNotesVault.com

These could be managed by the partner charities who would probably also quite like the exposure having their charity name associated with these future children's successes. The e-mail that helps identify different students with similar names and birth years will also act as an advertisement. From there it's just leaderboards (grouped by charity) etc. We could try and get a program running where DNotes community / company contributes 50 cents for every dollar that the charities give us to invest in crypto on behalf of students in the future up to a set maximum. It would make their money go even further.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:49:02 PM

The p2p nature of crypto means getting DNotes into the hands of young students in rural Chinese provinces should be possible with but 1 computer with internet access in each locale, or even smart phone with nearby satellite connections. These charitable donations could be held long-term until maturity where they could really make a meaningful impact on students' lives. I can see another alternative where CRISP for charity accounts can be made on behalf of rural Chinese children who do not have access to internet. These accounts could be managed by a partner charity group who could release the funds when the DNotes are either spendable locally in China, or could be sold in stages on the open market for resources that would make massive changes to their quality of life in their villages. All we would need would be the names of children, and somebody prepared to create the accounts and make the deposits. Each name for a child at each village could be given a rather generic name [Name][Location][Birthyear] at an auto-generated e-mail address with 1 - 10 DNotes automatically deposited via a script that requires only the children's names.

Form with Name, Village, Birthyear and associated charity [World Vision / Foreign Brothers etc]

Example:

TeeGeeWellington1988@ForeignBrothers-DNotesVault.com
DYNAChicago1946@Oxfam-DNotesVault.com

These could be managed by the partner charities who would probably also quite like the exposure having their charity name associated with these future children's successes. The e-mail that helps identify different students with similar names and birth years will also act as an advertisement. From there it's just leaderboards (grouped by charity) etc. We could try and get a program running where DNotes community / company contributes 50 cents for every dollar that the charities give us to invest in crypto on behalf of students in the future up to a set maximum. It would make their money go even further.

Excellent, suggestions, TeeGee. There are a lot of things we can do. I like to wait for more feed back before I share my vision.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:01:04 PM

I received many emails from around the world every day. Here is one I love to share with you and welcome your feed back. You might remember that the only CRISP program we have not launched is "CRISP For Charity". It has been delayed for strategic reason. We wanted to wait for the most opportune time, like almost everything else we do. Positioning is the key word to our over-all strategy, hence our highly scalable building blocks that are strategically linked. This could be another classic case of the DNotes' difference. If it works out, DNotes can be one of the key drivers for their success. Can you imagine the possibilities? Love to have your inputs.

Email From Nathan:

Hello Mr. Yong,

Thank you for connecting with me. From your summary, you have given great devotion to alternative currencies, this is a topic that I intend to give a large dedication of my life to. Perhaps we can find common ground to learn from each other. Hope you have a great day,

Nathan

Co-Founder
Foreign Big Brothers
2014 – Present (1 year)Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China
As of today, we have a full length film being edited for public distribution. Join us in anticipation of the release soon to come.

The Foreign Big Brothers is a project that aims to bridge the gap in education around the world, starting in rural China. We are five brothers from 5 countries spanning four continents around the world, united by our common desire to make a resonating impact for a better world.

We have decided to pursue the opportunity of creating a TV show in China. The first step in our goal to bridge the gap in education for Children around the world has been to find a school in rural China, go to them to discuss their needs, gather needed resources, and to return to the school for a transformation. The weekend of April 24-27, 2015 marks the first successfully completed transformation at Dalishan Primary school, located in the mountains around Longyou, Zhejiang Province, China. This transformation is a good step for the school, the volunteers, and shows a bright future for all the children who have yet to be reached.

In order to accomplish this change we have met with officials from the Zhejiang Government, University, and TV channels;visited the local school; and received permission to make the change. We utilized the logistics systems available, Taobao, to gather resources, and hired the help of some locals to assist our team of volunteers with supplies and expertise at the distant school.

Thank you for all the kind support from the volunteers, the locals, and all who support us by word or deed. May you have a great day and give a little brightness to the world.

Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have any questions, observations, insights, or have any particular interest in supporting our efforts here in China or abroad, please feel free to contact me via WeChat at 18506571713. or on the Linked-in messenger system. My American phone is now available 260.415.6845

Every time I hear about a charity like this, I always think about how DNotes could benefit them.  I love these types of charities that operate at a grass roots level so to say, as opposed to the ones with 80 - 90% administration costs, with little left over to help their cause.  Just imagine what they could do with donations of DNotes that are held in a timed send contract, or set for release in 5 years like the CRISP for Retirement.  Even a small donation of $5 or $10 worth of DNotes now (or when CRISP for Charity launches), could be worth a significant amount in a few years.

Good luck to Foreign Big Brothers and I hope we can be a big help to you with our CRISP For Charity when it launches! Smiley

Thanks, Chase. There are hundreds of "grass roots" charity organizations. This one stands out because they are also education oriented, involving children of early stages in their education. I am personally very committed to help alleviate global poverty at the grass roots level starting with children at early ages. This is one among many things, that motivate me to put in long hours everyday.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:00:16 PM

I received many emails from around the world every day. Here is one I love to share with you and welcome your feed back. You might remember that the only CRISP program we have not launched is "CRISP For Charity". It has been delayed for strategic reason. We wanted to wait for the most opportune time, like almost everything else we do. Positioning is the key word to our over-all strategy, hence our highly scalable building blocks that are strategically linked. This could be another classic case of the DNotes' difference. If it works out, DNotes can be one of the key drivers for their success. Can you imagine the possibilities? Love to have your inputs.

Email From Nathan:

Hello Mr. Yong,

Thank you for connecting with me. From your summary, you have given great devotion to alternative currencies, this is a topic that I intend to give a large dedication of my life to. Perhaps we can find common ground to learn from each other. Hope you have a great day,

Nathan

Co-Founder
Foreign Big Brothers
As of today, we have a full length film being edited for public distribution. Join us in anticipation of the release soon to come.

The Foreign Big Brothers is a project that aims to bridge the gap in education around the world, starting in rural China. We are five brothers from 5 countries spanning four continents around the world, united by our common desire to make a resonating impact for a better world.

We have decided to pursue the opportunity of creating a TV show in China. The first step in our goal to bridge the gap in education for Children around the world has been to find a school in rural China, go to them to discuss their needs, gather needed resources, and to return to the school for a transformation. The weekend of April 24-27, 2015 marks the first successfully completed transformation at Dalishan Primary school, located in the mountains around Longyou, Zhejiang Province, China. This transformation is a good step for the school, the volunteers, and shows a bright future for all the children who have yet to be reached.

In order to accomplish this change we have met with officials from the Zhejiang Government, University, and TV channels;visited the local school; and received permission to make the change. We utilized the logistics systems available, Taobao, to gather resources, and hired the help of some locals to assist our team of volunteers with supplies and expertise at the distant school.

Thank you for all the kind support from the volunteers, the locals, and all who support us by word or deed. May you have a great day and give a little brightness to the world.

Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have any questions, observations, insights, or have any particular interest in supporting our efforts here in China or abroad, please feel free to contact me via WeChat at 18506571713. or on the Linked-in messenger system. My American phone is now available 260.415.6845

Yes, this is perfect and just in time for 2016. I believe the launching of the CRISP for Charity could be a tremendous turning point for DNotes. If China sees what DNotes is accomplishing, I believe the market will wake and actually notice what is going on in the cryto world, especially with DNotes. As you put so perfectly it will be a key driver for their success, but it will definitely be a DNotes success story as well!

Marc, you are spot on. 2016 is looking to be a fantastic year for DNotes. If all goes well there will be many international projects DNotes will be participating in. China will be a significant part of it.

The vast majority of people, even within our industry, don't quite understanding that DNotes is much more than a digital currency. It is a trusted global digital currency with its own ecosystem, designed to be self sufficient, and self sustaining. To understand the true value of DNotes, one must understand that it is a completely integrated system built with a business model that would support massive global expansion and the expect appreciation of its currency value. It is not merely hoping for mass acceptance of DNotes one day, but built into its long term strategic plan for mass acceptance one day.

No digital currency can assume that it has reached a level of mass acceptance without the participation of China or without the full participation of women. Consequently, CryptoMoms is a vital and an integral part of our system.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 08:58:10 PM

All, below is the writers guide. Ken has been a huge help, with his writing experience and brainstorming ideas. Please provide any feedback and suggestions.

Summary
DCEBrief is not a news aggregator that merely reports dry facts, but instead provides an analysis of news and facts as it relates to digital currency, explaining why certain news and trends are important to the industry.

DCEBrief always looks at the positive aspects of a story and does not believe in negative media or attention as a means of gaining readership.

DCEBrief has no interest in attacking governments, banks, or others whose cooperation will be essential at some level if digital currency is to succeed. While it is perfectly acceptable to question those entity's policies with respect to digital currency, the tone of that criticism should be one of respectful disagreement wherever possible.

Every news story should be able to address one of several relevant issues:
How this topic positively impacts digital currency
How this topic promotes or otherwise furthers public acceptance of digital currency
How this topic promotes public awareness of digital currency
How this topic promotes usability of digital currency

Key Beliefs that DCEBrief articles should not go against:
DCEBrief is respectful of all individuals and groups, their ideas, and projects.
Digital currency will play an important role in our future and is a benefit to mankind.
Blockchain is a revolutionary technology that will forever change the way data is stored.
Digital currency is a new paradigm, it requires a new perspective that is not strictly adhering to existing social economic systems and theories.
Healthy regulation designed to protect consumers with minimal impact on technology and innovation is ideal.

Common misnomers to avoid:
Digital currency is not a good vehicle for nor does it promote criminal activity, such as money laundering and illegal purchases, all digital currency transactions leave a trail that can be followed. It is used by criminals, just as any other currency, because it is not directly tied to a financial services account.
Digital currency transactions do not identify individuals on the blockchain. "Accounts at a money service business or financial institution can certainly be linked to identity, but the individual coins (or coin subunits) themselves cannot be."
Digital currency theft has not been the result of an inherent technology flaw. The thefts or hacks have been the result of improper management of the currency.

Keywords to use in articles:
Digital currency
Bitcoin
Cryptocurrency

KC

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:31:40 PM

All, below is the writers guide. Ken has been a huge help, with his writing experience and brainstorming ideas. Please provide any feedback and suggestions.

Summary
DCEBrief is not a news aggregator that merely reports dry facts, but instead provides an analysis of news and facts as it relates to digital currency, explaining why certain news and trends are important to the industry.

DCEBrief always looks at the positive aspects of a story and does not believe in negative media or attention as a means of gaining readership.

DCEBrief has no interest in attacking governments, banks, or others whose cooperation will be essential at some level if digital currency is to succeed. While it is perfectly acceptable to question those entity's policies with respect to digital currency, the tone of that criticism should be one of respectful disagreement wherever possible.

How this topic promotes or otherwise furthers public acceptance of digital currency

DCEBrief is respectful of all individuals and groups, their ideas, and projects.
Digital currency will play an important role in our future and is a benefit to mankind.
Blockchain is a revolutionary technology that will forever change the way data is stored.
Digital currency is a new paradigm, it requires a new perspective that is not strictly adhering to existing social economic systems and theories.
Healthy regulation designed to protect consumers with minimal impact on technology and innovation is ideal.

Digital currency is not a good vehicle for nor does it promote criminal activity, such as money laundering and illegal purchases, all digital currency transactions leave a trail that can be followed. It is used by criminals, just as any other currency, because it is not directly tied to a financial services account.
Digital currency transactions do not identify individuals on the blockchain. "Accounts at a money service business or financial institution can certainly be linked to identity, but the individual coins (or coin subunits) themselves cannot be."
Digital currency theft has not been the result of an inherent technology flaw. The thefts or hacks have been the result of improper management of the currency.

Digital currency
Bitcoin
Cryptocurrency

I think you've done a wonderful job with that overview. It will be very useful for ensuring that we all stay within the bounds of DCEBrief's editorial vision. Take a bow!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 11:27:21 PM

Summary

Digital currency
Bitcoin
Cryptocurrency

I think you've done a wonderful job with that overview. It will be very useful for ensuring that we all stay within the bounds of DCEBrief's editorial vision. Take a bow!

Only after you Ken, it was only possible with your help and I appreciate it. You are a very humble guy.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:32:42 PM

Summary

Digital currency
Bitcoin
Cryptocurrency

Here it is ^ to a well deserved team! Smiley We can not tell others what to do but we can certainly show them DCEBrief's editorial vision with a different twist.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 12:24:05 AM

A bit late in the day, but worth the wait.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-the-california-legislature-and-the-future-of-cryptocurrency-regulation/

Wyattwhynot

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:34:00 AM

Email From Nathan:

Hello Mr. Yong,

Nathan

Co-Founder
Foreign Big Brothers

Every time I hear about a charity like this, I always think about how DNotes could benefit them.  I love these types of charities that operate at a grass roots level so to say, as opposed to the ones with 80 - 90% administration costs, with little left over to help their cause.  Just imagine what they could do with donations of DNotes that are held in a timed send contract, or set for release in 5 years like the CRISP for Retirement.  Even a small donation of $5 or $10 worth of DNotes now (or when CRISP for Charity launches), could be worth a significant amount in a few years.

Good luck to Foreign Big Brothers and I hope we can be a big help to you with our CRISP For Charity when it launches! Smiley

I am in complete agreement with all that has been said so far.  If a CRISP program is established within major countries of the world it would not only nurture those involved with the actual charity, but DNotes itself. From where I stand I can only fathom beneficial and impressive outcomes. This is incredibly exciting and I cannot wait to send proper congratulations.     
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 02:04:26 PM

Here is the best DCEBrief social media contest image I came up with. Tried to keep a professional style that fit DCEBrief's colors and theme. Love it or hate it, let us know.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:04:23 PM

Email From Nathan:

Hello Mr. Yong,

Nathan

Co-Founder
Foreign Big Brothers

Every time I hear about a charity like this, I always think about how DNotes could benefit them.  I love these types of charities that operate at a grass roots level so to say, as opposed to the ones with 80 - 90% administration costs, with little left over to help their cause.  Just imagine what they could do with donations of DNotes that are held in a timed send contract, or set for release in 5 years like the CRISP for Retirement.  Even a small donation of $5 or $10 worth of DNotes now (or when CRISP for Charity launches), could be worth a significant amount in a few years.

I am in complete agreement with all that has been said so far.  If a CRISP program is established within major countries of the world it would not only nurture those involved with the actual charity, but DNotes itself. From where I stand I can only fathom beneficial and impressive outcomes. This is incredibly exciting and I cannot wait to send proper congratulations.      

Thank you, Wyattwhynot. I am impressed that you have a strong understand of what DNotes and its supporting units, the ecosystem are all about. Like our industry peers, we could have just created DNotes, the digital currency and let it takes its course, for better or for worse. Its purpose would be limited and its chances of success would be quite low. We believe that there is a better way.

Conceptually, it sounds great to have a totally decentralized trustless system. That is the strength of digital currency and we firmly support that. It is ingenious that by using a highly innovative consensus system, the Blockchain technology enables anyone using a phone or a computer, with internet connection to transfer digital currency, digitized asset or document to any one worldwide without the oversight of any central authority. The transaction is perfected in minutes between the two parties, without the need to even know the identity of one another, at nearly zero cost. Its transaction is recorded in the public ledger, time-stamped, not reversible but traceable for anyone to verify. This technology is simply amazing and will have world changing implications.

Uniquely different about DNotes is our believe that there needs to be a third party with an invested interest and commitment to protect and promote the currency, DNotes, without which it is just like any digital currency, including Bitcoin. This may explain, that in spite of the big money behind Bitcoin, and the massive amount of publicity, both positive and negative, Bitcoin has been struggling to gain mass acceptance and seems to be settling to be just a speculative trading commodity.

Learning from the pitfalls of Bitcoin, the DNotes' team and its communities have been working very hard since the beginning to build DNotes as a trusted brand with a purpose to be a global currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It has meticulously built up its own ecosystem block by block, to be highly scalable and strategically linked so that, at the most opportune time, any unit can be geared up rapidly to meet global demand. Additionally, our business model of a for profit company partially owned by DNotes will be of major significance as the driver of future growth, providing fundamental value in support of the currency increasing value.

We plan to work closely with multiple international charity organizations, and will be delighted to work closely with the Foreign Big Brothers. DNotesVault is designed with charity funding in mind. Imagine the ease for anyone to sponsor a student by signing up for an account at DNotesVault and send $12 worth of DNotes (1,200 Dnotes) timed-send at $1 or 100 DNotes per month, over twelve months, to sponsor one student. The student is credited 100% of the amount with the potential of significant future appreciation.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:05:37 PM

Here is the best DCEBrief social media contest image I came up with. Tried to keep a professional style that fit DCEBrief's colors and theme. Love it or hate it, let us know.

Looks great. Excellent job.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:48:27 PM

Good stuff,

So are people to e-mail separately for each article, a list of all the networks they shared through?

I.e. - I an article on FB, LinkedIn and G+, I provide all three of my profiles, and then 30 DNotes? + 3 entries?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:06:02 PM

Good stuff,

So are people to e-mail separately for each article, a list of all the networks they shared through?

I.e. - I an article on FB, LinkedIn and G+, I provide all three of my profiles, and then 30 DNotes? + 3 entries?

Thanks TeeGee, I would leave that up to the user. One big batch explaining what they did, or individually send an email for each article. I will process them manually, probably once a week.

I will have a message here on the forum I can link to with further details and clarification of the process.

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:15:47 PM

Very good items. writen in a high pro shape. I think this section should have 2-3 more items, and the all 4-5 items should be shorter - as a focused  brief. very good - I would even say--- impresiv

Good morning all, here is the digital currency weekly recap.

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 10-11-2015

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-10-11-2015/

Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 05:12:48 PM

Very good items. writen in a high pro shape. I think this section should have 2-3 more items, and the all 4-5 items should be shorter - as a focused  brief. very good - I would even say--- impresiv

Good morning all, here is the digital currency weekly recap.

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 10-11-2015

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-10-11-2015/

Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks Mati! Appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 05:43:27 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 12:23:31 PM by DNotes

25,000 DNotes DCEBrief Social Contest.

10 DNotes for each social action up to 10,000 DNotes total payout.

Each social action also counts as an entry toward the following prizes:
  • 1 5,000 DNotes randomly selected winner.
  • 5 1,000 DNotes prizes for the top 5 sharers.
  • 5 1,000 DNotes randomly selected winners.

Rules:
- Email contest@dcebrief.com with your entries including a link to your social profiles and DNotes address by 11/20/2015.
- You may send all of your entries in one email or send an email as you each time you share an article.
- You may only share each article once per social media account.
- Creating additional social media accounts to gain more entries into the contest is strictly prohibited.
- Posting entries here in the forum will disqualify your entries from the contest, and is against the rules of this forum, please be sure to email your entries to contest@dcebrief.com.

Note: You may share any number of our articles, each share counts for the DNotes award and the prizes.

KC

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:54:58 PM

Rules:
- Email contest@dcebrief.com with your entries including a link to your social profiles and DNotes address by 11/20/2015.
- You may send all of your entries in one email or send an email as you each time you share an article.
- Creating additional social media accounts to gain more entries into the contest is strictly prohibited.
- Posting entries here in the forum will disqualify your entries from the contest, and is against the rules of this forum, please be sure to email your entries to contest@dcebrief.com.

"Creating additional social media accounts to gain more entries into the contest is strictly prohibited."

sigh... so ... three days of wasted effort and 5,000 fake social media accounts later ... and NOW you tell me?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 06:59:58 PM

Rules:

"Creating additional social media accounts to gain more entries into the contest is strictly prohibited."

sigh... so ... three days of wasted effort and 5,000 fake social media accounts later ... and NOW you tell me?

Lol sorry bud, should have warned you.

Pages: « 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: