Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 11:11:31 PM

This may be too late for Halloween this year, but with so many children coming right to your door, it would be cool to hand them a little DNotes "treat" with a brief description.  I'm pretty sure a paper wallet would get tossed, but a promo code to claim the DNotes when they registered at the Vault should work.  A brief explantaion of what a CRISP is may get the parent's attention.  Attaching a couple of candies to it should get the kid's attention.  Grin

Next year??

Note:  If you put it in a bag with the candy, you can tell the kids there is digital money in the bag!

I love this idea!! Remember those genesis coins a while back. Now that would be cool to give people. Could preload 100 DNotes onto them. Hopefully they wouldn't get tossed, but having something hard and physical other than a paper wallet would be an excellent way for people to become aware. This could be a good idea even if we just send out a few coins to selected individuals that could help us promote DNotes. I know I have 3 of the coins and they are very nice!!!

Fun idea, I would give them out, but make sure you include the treats as well Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 11:23:44 PM

Thomas wrote an interesting article today "Will Blockchain Be Able to Verify Your Degree?", where Holberton is using Blockchain technology to verify graduates degrees and combat fake degrees. "For digital currency and the underlying technology of the blockchain this is a significant step, the use of the system to combat fraud once again highlights the security and trustworthiness of the technology. " Very well said! http://dcebrief.com/will-blockchain-be-able-to-verify-your-degree/

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:29:22 AM

Thomas wrote an interesting article today "Will Blockchain Be Able to Verify Your Degree?", where Holberton is using Blockchain technology to verify graduates degrees and combat fake degrees. "For digital currency and the underlying technology of the blockchain this is a significant step, the use of the system to combat fraud once again highlights the security and trustworthiness of the technology. " Very well said! http://dcebrief.com/will-blockchain-be-able-to-verify-your-degree/

Blockchain technology is reminding us of the dot com era. We will be hearing a lot about it. Below is another one:

Australian Securities Exchange 'Considering' Blockchain Technology

The Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) is seriously considering replacing its current clearing and settlement system with blockchain technology, reports claim.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, ASX CEO Elmer Funke Kupper said blockchain technology could help cut the cost and time associated with its Clearing House Electronic Subregister System (CHESS).
The CEO added:

"We are looking at what we can do to bring end-to-end efficiencies, and we have people looking very closely at blockchain to see if we can create efficiencies for our clients, investors and companies."
He continued: "We're thinking about whether there are smarter ways to do things – to remove a lot of administrative costs and reconciliation costs from the back end of investment banking and broking, and this is where blockchain could be potentially quite helpful."

The upgrade of ASX's clearing and settlement system is expected to begin by the end of next year.
Crypto in Australia

Funke Kupper's comments come after the National Bank of Australia and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia – which is experimenting with Ripple's technology – joined distributed ledger startup R3CEV's project, which seeks to develop standards to spread the use of blockchain technology within the wider financial industry.

The news also follows reports that various banks in Australia had decided to shut down the accounts of bitcoin operating businesses in the country. The closures are currently being investigated by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/australian-securities-exchange-considering-blockchain-technology/?utm_content=buffer31f07&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:25:26 AM

The implications of this are massive! Getting better and better each day.
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:53:11 AM

Hi Team and Community! Its been awhile since i've said hi! I love to see great ideas always in the works. Remember you can always give Dnotes Birthday gifts! I just gave some out the other day for a Bday present. So i was walking around with a bitcoin shirt on for the first time the other day at a gun show. I had a vendor actually stopped me to ask if Bitcoin actually is a fast transaction and was curious about it. I told him yes then immediately told him about Dnotes and Alan and his past as CEO of Dauphin Tech instead. I thought is was kind of cool. Vendors taking interest in bitcoin and its transaction speed. I just want to bring the idea up as a little idea-refresher as to having some Dnotes shirts someday or even bumper sticker. So when people who are curious can jump out of the crowd and get a personal face to face response. One other idea i just had is a printable card. If people are willing to print a few business cards on standard printer paper with a brief description and how to find more info. They can carry them for those times the topic comes up. The paper may be a little beat up after being in a wallet but its still something you give to them to check out. When it sits on there table and stares at it for a week or month he or she may actually remember to go check it out and possibly get involved!

Just my couple thoughts for the future some day Grin
dan

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:59:41 PM

Hi Team and Community! Its been awhile since i've said hi! I love to see great ideas always in the works. Remember you can always give Dnotes Birthday gifts! I just gave some out the other day for a Bday present. So i was walking around with a bitcoin shirt on for the first time the other day at a gun show. I had a vendor actually stopped me to ask if Bitcoin actually is a fast transaction and was curious about it. I told him yes then immediately told him about Dnotes and Alan and his past as CEO of Dauphin Tech instead. I thought is was kind of cool. Vendors taking interest in bitcoin and its transaction speed. I just want to bring the idea up as a little idea-refresher as to having some Dnotes shirts someday or even bumper sticker. So when people who are curious can jump out of the crowd and get a personal face to face response. One other idea i just had is a printable card. If people are willing to print a few business cards on standard printer paper with a brief description and how to find more info. They can carry them for those times the topic comes up. The paper may be a little beat up after being in a wallet but its still something you give to them to check out. When it sits on there table and stares at it for a week or month he or she may actually remember to go check it out and possibly get involved!

dan

Hi Dan, it's nice to hear from you.  Good call on the birthday gift!  We should all be giving out even little gifts of DNotes, or at least let everyone know how they can get the free ones! Wink  One of the ladies on CryptoMoms gave DNotes for her office Christmas gift last year and with the DNoteVault available now, it will make giving so much simpler.  One thing I like about tangible things like shirts, bumper stickers, cards, etc, is that they are really good ice breakers.  As you said, people will come up to you, and this time they would be asking "What is DNotes?"  I would be interested in buying a few of these things if someone decides to go with this idea.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 02:03:05 PM

dan

Hey Daniel, good to hear form you again. Great ideas, and thank you for spreading the word.

The fast transaction time hasn't been a very hot topic in promoting digital currency, but still an important one, and it is interesting that the vendor questioned it specifically. With a globally accepted digital currency, you could turn inventory and re-buy within minutes. Waiting days or weeks in some cases, which is typical with many payment processors, is a fairly large hurdle for small business. Especially with high price inventory items.

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:10:23 PM

Massive may be the wrong word, not strong enough! We are just scratching the surface of what the blockchain can do. It may be hard to imagine, but I think the blockchain will have a greater impact on society than the internet! There are SO MANY ways the blockchain will be used, mostly undiscovered. It will change the way we do biz, and change the way we live our lives, and especially impact the "huddle masses" (in a good way).

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:23:59 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 04:40:46 PM by Dyna

dan

Hi Dan,

Delighted to see you. I know that you are one of my many fans who read most of my posts quietly. Those are great ideas. I trust that someone is taking notes.

We are doing extremely well, though one may think otherwise looking at the stead decline of DNotes price. It has been a tough choice for me to cut down my time posting on our forum and monitoring the price of DNotes. Instead I have been spending my time in responding to potential partners around the world. We are preparing for an exciting 2016. We have built a very solid foundation to take DNotes to the next level. It is no longer possible to tell others everything that we are doing, so I am beginning to use a brief quote as follows:

Quote from Alan Yong:

Trust in financial services is an immensely valuable brand. It must be built step by step with integrity over a sustained period of time so that others can witness the delivery of promises made and gain confidence over the course of time. DNotes’ core mission is to be the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It is intended to supplement national or fiat currencies worldwide; not replace them.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:32:37 PM

Massive may be the wrong word, not strong enough! We are just scratching the surface of what the blockchain can do. It may be hard to imagine, but I think the blockchain will have a greater impact on society than the internet! There are SO MANY ways the blockchain will be used, mostly undiscovered. It will change the way we do biz, and change the way we live our lives, and especially impact the "huddle masses" (in a good way).

Smokey

True. But many will be disadvantaged in their business model by stripping the "currency" out of the Blockchain.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:43:55 PM

Smokey

True. But many will be disadvantaged in their business model by stripping the "currency" out of the Blockchain.

The currency, or mining reward in this regard, is what drives a truly decentralized blockchain. I'm sure there could be some valid uses, but for the most part they are ripping out the most valuable feature and saying "we don't need this".
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Started reaching out to potential influential guest posters for DCEBrief, for the mutual benefit of promoting DCEBrief as well as the individual. if you have anyone in mind that you would like to hear from or feel like would be a good fit, let me know.

Also, plan to have a section dedicated to guest authors, much like the existing list of authors.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:31:20 PM

Started reaching out to potential influential guest posters for DCEBrief, for the mutual benefit of promoting DCEBrief as well as the individual. if you have anyone in mind that you would like to hear from or feel like would be a good fit, let me know.

Also, plan to have a section dedicated to guest authors, much like the existing list of authors.

Excellent idea. "Guest authors" could be a very popular segment of DCEBrief, providing mutual benefits to both parties.
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:57:40 PM

This may be too late for Halloween this year, but with so many children coming right to your door, it would be cool to hand them a little DNotes "treat" with a brief description.  I'm pretty sure a paper wallet would get tossed, but a promo code to claim the DNotes when they registered at the Vault should work.  A brief explantaion of what a CRISP is may get the parent's attention.  Attaching a couple of candies to it should get the kid's attention.  Grin

Next year??

Note:  If you put it in a bag with the candy, you can tell the kids there is digital money in the bag!

I love this idea!! Remember those genesis coins a while back. Now that would be cool to give people. Could preload 100 DNotes onto them. Hopefully they wouldn't get tossed, but having something hard and physical other than a paper wallet would be an excellent way for people to become aware. This could be a good idea even if we just send out a few coins to selected individuals that could help us promote DNotes. I know I have 3 of the coins and they are very nice!!!

Fun idea, I would give them out, but make sure you include the treats as well Smiley

That is a great idea. As the young are normally those to teach on the up and coming new stuff.  They will be the ones to carry it on in the future.
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:59:53 PM

Excellent idea. "Guest authors" could be a very popular segment of DCEBrief, providing mutual benefits to both parties.

That is a good idea as well. Give new perspectives and will indeed provide mutual benefits to all involved. DCEBrief is another one of those things that is gaining attention with more and more people coming into contact with the information.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:57:37 AM

In particular, aiming to get one of the people on this new "cooperation panel" with major stakeholders would be an excellent idea. They all love blockchain and crypto - so they'll see it as a net benefit for the community, rather than an article for personal self-interest (payment).

Those are the types of people that are the most motivated, and require the least convincing to get on board. The people motivated by payment will always be late to the party, because by the time the money - or ability to pay it - exists, the industry has already handsomely rewarded the early adopters - who were the motivated ones not motivated by personal gain in the first place. Kind of weird isn't it? The material rewards go to those who value it less, and elude those who value it more by this reasoning (which doesn't apply in every case).

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:33:46 AM

Here's another interesting blockchain application. I really don't like the part about a car repossessing itself, though:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115482/visa-bitcoins-blockchain-to-turn-cars-into-mobile-wallets?ref=45
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:48:21 AM

Also, here is one of DNotes' competitors: http://www.neucoin.org/en/

This coin has a lot going for it in terms of people behind it, big ideas, vision for mainstream integration.

Major weakness so far: way too stringent account verification procedures (it's almost as bad as Xapo!). Clearly there is a lot to be gained by requiring some verification to prevent fraud. However, many people are drawn to cryptocurrencies because of the ability to "bank" anonymously, and really, to be able to set up shop with a wallet without having to go through a lot of paperwork. I think the cryptocoin which will truly rise to the top will be one that strikes the perfect balance between sufficient verification, or such that can ultimately be convenient (such as voluntarily linking a wallet to a Facebook account for transactions within Facebook), and also maintains the ability to get up and running and fully functional with very little hassle within minutes, which means to a certain extent being able to do business anonymously.

Big problem with Xapo and apparently Neucoin: the need for a cellular phone. It's true that lots of people have cell phones so any good cryptocoin should be able to be handled completely with a cell phone. However, for those who don't have cell phones (or at least the *right kind* of cell phones), making sms verification mandatory just to have a fully functional account is going to cut out a significant number of people. So for the time being, at least, there should always be options which don't require owning a cell phone. But yes, for those who have them and want to use them, it's totally fine and wonderful to have optional 2FA. 2FA also works with tablets, so even people without cell phones can use it.
alt19

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:11:41 PM

estimated supply over the next 10 years?
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:28:26 PM

estimated supply over the next 10 years?

Hi alt19 and welcome to the DNotes forum.  The charts on your site will be a huge help to investors as they compare different cryptocurrencies.  I'm on my way out for the day so didn't have a chance to check all the returns on DNotes, but the one year return is over +130%  (not -32.82%).  http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php 

Good luck with your project!! Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: