Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:44:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:57:04 PM

LOL, sold them all? I wish that was the case. I have over 3.5M emc2 in my bag! If its so easy to update then site then why did Christine say a few days ago that the site was ready and just needed content?HuhHuh? WTF?Huh its been worked on for months and just now they realize content is needed.. What a joke.

So next time you think I'm just trying to bring the coin down please think again. I'm trying to encourage change that will forever better the coin. The problem is you guys are all good with it staying the same...

Its fucking sad!!

Now its time to get ready, start my day and end up at the bell center tonight to watch my beloved Habs get their ass's kicked again. At lesst there's going to be beer!

Grin

bob... you are a classic example of an irrational investor..
obviously you are entitled to speak your mind, but it seems like you don't even realize the negative the effect that your comments are having on your own investment.
whether you like to admit it or not,  you are an insider and a large investor and that carries a significant amount of weight and responsibility within the community.
You may think that you are just trying to save the furniture but in the meantime you have set fire to the house.

if not for everyone else's sake then for the sake of your own investment please take your very public spat offline and direct it to those who need to hear it privately.
you aren't doing anyone any good by trying to force change through airing dirty laundry.

Your Sincerely...
 Alphi, Some guy who invested in this coin.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

if one side of that coin says "science" then the other says "ignorance".
because every coin has 2 sides you know.
the real coin doesn't have to have "science" written on it
but put into it's dev't, as it wows with such doge

I think you've been smoking too much dope doge buddy...

cant quite figure out if you are trying to be poetic or just asking people to switch to dogecoin.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
In-Disguise-VPN

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:18:45 PM

Hi Dear Administrator and Owner EinsteiniumCoin Currency.

I Have Business Proposal For You -
We have Anonymous VPN Service and Partnership 30% to all pays your client.
We Add Your Currency - EinsteiniumCoin to My VPN Service.
We have all CryptoCoin money in our vpn service site.

Our Anonymous Vpn Service is Here - http://in-disguise.com/

We want add banner or stick on your Site - With Your Referral Url - You have 30 % all payments your clients.
http://einsteinium.org/
With Your Referral Url - You have 30 % all payments your clients.

Please Contact me, i want to talk with you for advertise.

E-mail: manager@in-disguise.com
Jabber: In-Disguise-VPN@jabber.org

Please Add my Contact - I Very Want Talk With You and have business with you!!!
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:26:26 PM

EMC2, like all CCs is fundamentally rooted on science, the evidence being:  the satashi paper, the algorithm, and the block chain; furthermore, it is also supported by science, the evidence being: the miner's taxing scheme, the wormhole, and the actual donation to scientific advancement.  

Although the science of literally creating money from nothing is open source and available to copy it isn't the science end of it that has the critical problems, it's the nonscience (nonsense) side of it with the overwhelming majority of problems, the side fraught with scams, wholesale theft, and hype.    

As for EMC2, before launch faith and hope was essentially all there was, after launch the two gave way to actual performance, as the performance record compiled the CC's character formed creating for it a level of cryptocurrency community trust (based on track record).  When performance dropped it wasn't because of any of the science, or even the standing plan, it was the arbitrary execution of the plan, the overmilking of the cash-cow, the cold shoulder given to miners seeking to improve, the lack of actual transparency, the failure of the magic memo to revitalize market value, and the last straw was the 'long-term focus' BS.  

The problem was with the nonscience side of things -- the science proves that too.

wow you really do live in a bubble don't you...

firstly:...the satoshi whitepaper is not a peer reviewed scientific document it is a theoretical white paper written by one or a group of interested parties. Theory may be the basis for scientific experimentation in some cases but theory itself is not science, its theory.

secondly: the crypto economy was not founded by OR developed by scientists, it was a grass roots movement built on ideology (beliefs) and economic theory and to some degree it is still very much influenced by ideology.

thirdly: the fact that a bunch of scientific wanna-be do gooders built their entire business funding model on this so called "science" and it is not working very well is clear evidence that it is not in fact a scientific experiment but nothing more than a social experiment.

forthly: just because something Funds scientific research does not make it fundamentally science based.. if that were the case then all governments in the world would be rooted in science (instead of just plain rooted) because they are the some of biggest organizations that fund scientific research.

fifthly: taxation is scientific evidence? that's news to me...  Grin

you may choose to believe that just because something has big words like wormholes and epochs which are used completely out of context that it has something to do with science but in reality it is nothing more than creative marketing and the colorful application of "science fiction".

you may be emotional and you may have some good points about what should be done to improve the situation but the mere fact that you are not able to step back and look at things objectively proves that you are not looking at it from a "scientific" perspective.

so please stop trying to make this an argument about Science vs so called "NonScience" because if it was then you wouldn't even be here making silly irrational comments. You would have simply accepted the results and then moved on to the next experiment.

Markets are all about confidence and human emotion they are all about putting a bunch of the most irrational people together and hoping that they can somehow divine the true value of something..

Science is about producing predictable, quantifiable and repeatable results. Crypto currency, on the other hand, is not.. its about making money and/or furthering an ideological agenda.

personally I like the idea of harnessing the power of irrational and greedy human beings for the sake of funding projects that further human development. that is why I still own some EMC2.. but I don't for one second pretend to myself that every coin I buy is based on a purely rational, logical and cold calculated formula...

Clearly your narrow view of what science is is facilitating your prejudicial perspective.   If cryptocurrency is not based on science what is it based on ART?  

Ideology and belief are NOT foundational they are simply inspirational they only serve to motivate.  The SCIENCE is the part that is sound and able to be duplicated; it also is the part that serves as the foundational structure to build on.

The Satoshi paper was, and continues to be, peer reviewed, was publish and is constantly republished, and graduated from theoretical to practical.  Moreover it was reproduced numerous time in various ways EMC2 is one such way.

Just because the "social experiment" side of EMC2 failed has nothing to do with the science of EMC2 as a CC, the intent of the program, or the actual donations provided to scientific endeavors.  As I have indicated earlier EMC2's failure is primarily due to the overmilking of the cash-cow as well as the overhyped marketing; neither of which as anything to do with the science sides of the coin.

Just because they screwed up in execution doesn't mean they had a bad plan.   The plan and the coin are viable both simply need help.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:59:59 PM

obviously you are entitled to speak your mind, but it seems like you don't even realize the negative the effect that your comments are having on your own investment.
whether you like to admit it or not,  you are an insider and a large investor and that carries a significant amount of weight and responsibility within the community.
You may think that you are just trying to save the furniture but in the meantime you have set fire to the house.

if not for everyone else's sake then for the sake of your own investment please take your very public spat offline and direct it to those who need to hear it privately.
you aren't doing anyone any good by trying to force change through airing dirty laundry.

Your Sincerely...

I can't agree more, very wise words,

mdtspain, another guy who invested in this coin.
mami24

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

http://img495.yukle.tc/thumbs/2439Adsiz.jpg

Error

Does not update ..
Einsteinium-qt-1.1  loaded Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Essokinesis

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:56:25 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 09:38:36 PM by Essokinesis

Error

Does not update ..
Einsteinium-qt-1.1  loaded Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Come to the IRC Channel for help #EinsteiniumFoundation. If you do not have a IRC Client use this link: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation
Armis

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:44:30 PM

Your Sincerely...

I can't agree more, very wise words,

mdtspain, another guy who invested in this coin.

Hold the fort!

How many times does one need to have the 'private' discussions before they qualify for public airing?
How many quiet questions of concern must be expressed by various individuals, regardless of coin holding size, before the matters of concern are addressed?
How many different people must be be verbally assaulted by the EMC2-can-do-no-wrong bandwagon before the bandwagon charts a new course?

The fact of the matter is, when things started to go in the wrong direction people quietly said:'ah, I don't think you should do that', the response was 'we got this don't worry'.
When things went further in the wrong direction, people spoke up about it, the common response was: "don't worry we're addressing that"
When things got ugly, the cheerleaders told us the 'low prices were good, we should view it as an opportunity to buy more, have faith, and believe in the vision',
and now that EMC2 is barely breathing you are asking for decorum and private hashing?   Rubbish!

EMC2 has indicated on numerous occasions the notion of complete transparency.  I contend that if there was full transparency before the crash, NOTHING said now by anyone would be a surprise or negatively effective.  

It is highly probably that EMC2 will have traveled from 900 to 90 sat in just 5 weeks, why in the world do you want that swept under the rug?
How in the world do you not see that as mismanagement?  If it went the other way around you would be justified in praising management, even though you knew in the back of your head it was a bubble.

Instead of leadership pulling the EMC2 reigns in a better direction they're asking for bigger blinders; what a shame.

Do you STILL think 100+ EMC2 is a good thing? 
Do you want a higher value for EMC2?
Do you realize that it is more likely that EMC2 will hit 50 sat before 600 sat if nothing substantive is done?

ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:14:34 AM

im gonna buy back into emc2 around 50 sats because unfortunately it probably will be there soon...

This thread lately just has bad vibes
spyro

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:00:31 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 03:56:56 AM by spyro

Updates?

ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:57:34 AM

50 Satoshi maybe, but it will rebound as soon as the developers will start a good job. The only question is when
spyro

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:54:20 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 03:56:48 AM by spyro

Any updates?

Armis

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:30:06 PM

It seems clear to me that the core EMC2 team members/creators are from an academic background, they know nothing about promoting a coin on the internet and have done a poor job on this side since the beginning as we can all see.

The only thing EMC2 have done on this side is a low quality press release which they actually thought would drive the price up (you can see this a few pages back. note to team: a waste of money).

I think we are all missing the key point here. EMC2 is officially a non-profit organisation. It was a coin intended to be adopted by the wider community, the foundation setup the base and that's all they needed to do. They all have full time jobs so we can't blame them too much for the lack of updates.

I have faith in EMC2 and know the price will rebound, just look how much work has been put into it. Forget all the petty gossip in the previous posts. The development of the coin speaks for itself.

I can openly say I don't like how the EMC2 team have handled things recently, but their greater purpose makes me want to continue supporting this coin - even if some members of the core team are stubborn know-it-alls (aka academics) - this can be forgiven.

It's time to build the community. And if I have it my way, it won't have any of the core team members. Bob, you are more than welcome - I think I can see where you have been coming from in posting this publicly to kick other team members asses into gear (even though since your posts the price has fallen x10... this is to be expected, the market is too weak due to lack of market activity promotions).

If any investors/community members would like to help EMC2 go down in history, reach out to me via PM.
Only contact me if you are dedicated. We can shoot some ideas around and make history.

It's time to take this coin into the community and away from the poorly organised team (full time jobs, fair enough - but not really a good enough excuse).

Only a fool or a god forgives an offender while still being attacked.  

Can someone set this straight, who is Dennis Brause? Is he the one responsible for development on the coin?
Do we only have 1 developer (on the core infrastructure behind EMC2?)

Who is in the team now? Bob said the homepage team is invalid, is the team at the start of this thread also invalid?

From the Foundation Staff list, everyone's role seems a bit of a joke.

Christine Paluch – Scientific Liaison (christine@einsteinium.org)
              David Black - Chief of Public Relations (david@einsteinium.org)
              Dennis Brause – IT-Infrastructure
              Eduard Milea - Lead Web Developer.
              Ryan Wright - Marketing and Communications (ryan@einsteinium.org)

I'll take a leaf out of Bobs book and dissect each role, being harshly honest.

Scientific Liaison? Sending a few emails to give the project money? Seems a little silly.
Marketing and Communications? Nothing I've seen.
Chief of Public Relations? Doing a poor job here.
Lead Web Developer? Good, but as bob said no updates in months

Obviously each member has done more than their role title, but the titles seem a bit stupid if no one is doing their job correctly. Set rules and throw people out who are inactive for 1+week and get someone new in.

So much potential....

Marketing and Communications? "Nothing I've seen." actually it is very likely you have seen "Ryan Wright - Marketing and Communications (ryan@einsteinium.org)" work numerous times, with and without identification.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:12:10 PM

im gonna buy back into emc2 around 50 sats because unfortunately it probably will be there soon...

This thread lately just has bad vibes

That is exactly my intention....Millions
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:13:46 PM

Let's put EMC2 back together, it's worth it. Nothing is easy, a long travel is ahead of us. Let's do this  Grin
spyro

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:50:33 PM

Can someone confirm the max supply of EMC2? Did I read it was changing?

Essokinesis

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:54:26 PM

Let's put EMC2 back together, it's worth it. Nothing is easy, a long travel is ahead of us. Let's do this  Grin

Hey come to the IRC Channel so we can talk about what we can do as a community to help Einsteinium. The IRC Channel is #EinsteiniumFoundation. If you do not have a IRC Client use this link: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 06:56:47 PM

The Day 1 EMC2 Pool, still proud of it:

https://emc2.suprnova.cc

The Day 1 EMC2 Pool
Steady and fast Payouts
Heavy Load approved
Straum+VDiff
Fast US and EU Connections
Over 500MH/s in the Pool
Wallet 1.1 !
Promo: 0 % fee - try us !

Safe against fake shares!

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Essokinesis

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:25:23 PM

Hey its Essokinesis! I am one of the ops at the #EinsteiniumFoundation IRC Channel. We are trying to help promote community growth by making the IRC Channel a place of information and help. We are doing a huge giveaway so please come stop by. If you do not have an IRC client please use this link. - https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation - Also please come check out the other features the EMC2Bot has other than being a tipbot. Here are some of the new features !wormhole - tells you whether we are in a wormhole event or not, !profit - profitability calculator, !worth - tells you how much a specific amount of Einsteinium is currently worth.
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:17:14 PM

Just to answer a few questions before rumors get out of hand.

#1. No, the coin count is not changing. If the community and new development team decide that it should change for some reason, I will let you all know first.

#2. Yes, there will be new updates as soon as we get a grip on the new changes of direction (still solidifying).

#3. We NEED a new coin developer and we are willing to give a large bounty to anyone willing to take on the role. I'm personally not wealthy by any means so I can't offer monetary compensation right now. The dev should be ethical and willing to build the coin in the name of helping science while simultaneously improving coin price through reasonable support of the coin itself.

#4. My personal role in marketing and promoting the coin has taken a backseat until we can guarantee that we can follow through with our plans with new development and direction. I don't want to push something that is in bad shape and I would rather give you guys the good news when we start to make the turn around.

#5. There is no possible way we can discuss all the changes and ideas we are formulating behind the scenes out in a public forum, I just want you guys to know we are not dormant. Once there is solid news that's when transparency will be given. We do have plans, but until we know they can be executed without fail I will not leak or hype potential changes. Transparency = What we have done and what we will do. If we don't know the exact course (lack of dev) I feel it would be a disservice to talk about potential new algorithms, wallet updates, and codebase changes. I will give the word to you guys as soon as the pieces fall into place. I'm sorry, but we do not have public meetings on public forums. That being said, we do meet up daily in our instant private chat to talk about issues raised here and possible new direction.

#6. If you have a question, please direct it toward me and I will go to the team and give you the full answer.

#7. Those who have pointed out the fundamental flaws in the coin concept are generally right. You are not being ignored.

Promotion will kick up drastically after the pieces begin to be put together. We will be looking to give bounty rewards to new members willing to help the team. Honestly, to promote the coin in its current state would not be very wise until our new website is online and we get a new dev on-board. I really want to give you all some positive news.

Also, I personally have plans to resurrect EMC2 in a big way. If this new plan is confirmed by the team (with dev backing) I will be the first to bring my concept to everyone's attention. Einsteinium is not dead, it's being rebuilt now in a stronger and better way.

I promise to be here more frequently to answer your questions and concerns. You can contact me directly here on bitcointalk, in our IRC channel, through email, or even Skype. Thank you for your time.

IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation
Email: ryan@einsteinium.org

- Ryan Wright

Developing the future of crypto.
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: