Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297647 times)
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:51:02 PM

I am fully expecting an update by the end of September, but I was secretly hoping we would have something by today since it's 6 months since Octocoin launched.  Cry

yeah, surely by the end of Setptember....

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:52:22 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 11:12:17 AM by LeFiste

I am fully expecting an update by the end of September, but I was secretly hoping we would have something by today since it's 6 months since Octocoin launched.  Cry

or maybe OCTOber  Grin

EDIT: Maybe you guys are interested in this ANN too (free stakes available). Would be nice if you write LeFiste as referral above your post if you claim a stake.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768796.0

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 06:09:21 PM

I am fully expecting an update by the end of September, but I was secretly hoping we would have something by today since it's 6 months since Octocoin launched.  Cry

or maybe OCTOber  Grin

EDIT: Maybe you guys are interested in this ANN too (free stakes available). Would be nice if you write LeFiste as referral above your post if you claim a stake.

that's a possibility....... you know in politics when they use the term October Surprise? well maybe the devs are intentionally running it out to finish things so they can post a huge October Surprise lol.

SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:45:04 AM

or maybe OCTOber  Grin

that's a possibility....... you know in politics when they use the term October Surprise? well maybe the devs are intentionally running it out to finish things so they can post a huge October Surprise lol.

Didn't we say something similar about August as it was the 8th month?

Maybe "don't blink" is literal, we should all tape our eyelids up for 8 days, that'll do it  Grin

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
wartywarlock

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:17:57 AM

or maybe OCTOber  Grin

Didn't we say something similar about August as it was the 8th month?

Maybe "don't blink" is literal, we should all tape our eyelids up for 8 days, that'll do it  Grin

I heard if 8 of us do this, stand in front of 8 mirrors, chanting "Octodev" 8 times, he'll appear. Totally legit, you can't make this stuff up.

On the cereal side of things tho, it won't be long. Also it looks like instead of a new ASIC unit, we will be getting cloud based replacement. Good for our electric bills, but also bad because for now we can't point that towards Octo Sad maybe when Fusion comes through with the octo multipool, our hosts will add it to the list (GAW).
joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:51:45 AM

Maybe this?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-The-Psychic-Octopus-for-World-President/114917025223298
SquidsIn

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:47:23 PM

Didn't he die a couple of years ago?

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:00:35 PM

awwwww  Cry
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

Yes, he was waiting on a response from the Devs. LOL. Kidding.
he-man

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:36:22 PM

https://twitter.com/PaulCryptopus hes alive!

Donate if you like he-man Wink

8bgxSh44Gx9fHtn5AKnWXEuVz9vgvfgREd
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 09:04:58 PM

you guys are killing me today! i needed the laughs lol... long live 888!

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 07:37:01 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 09:51:01 PM by bholzer

The 888 devs have missed our last two calls with FusionHash... which was slightly concerning... but I just got word that they will be acquiring FusionHash and all of their assets this month for an undisclosed sum. Not sure what that will mean for the in-development Murraycoin Scrypt multipool (not that most of you are concerned about that) but I'm assuming that's good news for their proposed hash rental services as well as the Scrypt-N/X11/X13 GPU OctoCoin pool. Also, the OctoCoin crew appears to be operating under the business name "Alliance of Angels" based on the acquisition paperwork - I'm planning to dig into that a bit more to see if it answers any lingering questions as this is the first time I've seen that business name. Interesting times...

Edit: as anybody who has Googled "Alliance of Angels" has surely realized by now, this is an Angel group in Seattle (which I am aware of and simply didn't make the connection when I glanced at the paperwork today). It's possible this group, whom I believe are invested in OctoCoin, are the ones acquiring FusionHash (and not the OctoCoin team themselves). I have a lot going on and I guess I was under the impression "OctoCoin" was acquiring FusionHash and not just OctoCoin investors. Not that any of this is insanely important at this stage... but I don't want to be spreading incorrect information.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:24:40 PM

The 888 devs have missed our last two calls with FusionHash... which was slightly concerning... but I just got word that they will be acquiring FusionHash and all of their assets this month for an undisclosed sum. Not sure what that will mean for the in-development Murraycoin Scrypt multipool (not that most of you are concerned about that) but I'm assuming that's good news for their proposed hash rental services as well as the Scrypt-N/X11/X13 GPU OctoCoin pool. Also, the OctoCoin crew appears to be operating under the business name "Alliance of Angels" based on the acquisition paperwork - I'm planning to dig into that a bit more to see if it answers any lingering questions as this is the first time I've seen that business name. Interesting times...

http://www.allianceofangels.com/

... we believe in our entrepreneurs. interesting.

Halo top 10 active angel group? hmmm

http://www.crunchbase.com/organization/alliance-of-angels

http://www.angelresourceinstitute.org/halo-report/

peterw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:03:34 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 10:39:38 PM by peterw

Does anyone know if this account was set up by the devs?

https://twitter.com/OctoEuro

Edit: Just noticed it says that it's a Fan Community. Gah. Not progress.
SquidsIn

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:04:55 PM

Edit: as anybody who has Googled "Alliance of Angels" has surely realized by now, this is an Angel group in Seattle (which I am aware of and simply didn't make the connection when I glanced at the paperwork today). It's possible this group, whom I believe are invested in OctoCoin, are the ones acquiring FusionHash (and not the OctoCoin team themselves). I have a lot going on and I guess I was under the impression "OctoCoin" was acquiring FusionHash and not just OctoCoin investors. Not that any of this is insanely important at this stage... but I don't want to be spreading incorrect information.

Thought I'd heard that name before, courtesy of bitcointa.lk (which keeps deleted posts)...

SquidsIn said: ↑
Devs...

It might be an idea to change the title of this thread again...

It could be interpreted as "Don't Blink, may hard fork" for anybody who doesn't know the history and that the hard fork has passed without incident. This may cause some confusion / uncertainty as to the future of Octo.
I've been staring at that subject since the day they modified it thinking the same thing Grin

Based on what I know now, something tells me if it's still there it's by design. I swim in some of the same circles as these guys (Alliance of Angels) and was also the one that connected them with FusionHash. I have personally met two of the guys and I've heard rumors regarding who a third team member is. If true, I assure you this guy wouldn't let a detail like that slip by undetected.
bholzer, Jun 21, 2014 #2423

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 10:15:46 PM

Thought I'd heard that name before, courtesy of bitcointa.lk (which keeps deleted posts)...

Devs...

It could be interpreted as "Don't Blink, may hard fork" for anybody who doesn't know the history and that the hard fork has passed without incident. This may cause some confusion / uncertainty as to the future of Octo.
I've been staring at that subject since the day they modified it thinking the same thing Grin

Based on what I know now, something tells me if it's still there it's by design. I swim in some of the same circles as these guys (Alliance of Angels) and was also the one that connected them with FusionHash. I have personally met two of the guys and I've heard rumors regarding who a third team member is. If true, I assure you this guy wouldn't let a detail like that slip by undetected.

FYI, I was asked by one of the OctoCoin devs to delete that post (which is why I deleted it at the time shortly after making it). No explanation as to why... but of course I complied.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
SquidsIn

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:46:30 PM

Devs...

FYI, I was asked by one of the OctoCoin devs to delete that post (which is why I deleted it at the time shortly after making it). No explanation as to why... but of course I complied.

I wonder if they'll ask me to remove it?

Sorry, didn't mean to imply any shenanigans on your part, just that it's becoming apparent that there's a lot more to whoever is behind this coin and a lot more more going on behind the scenes than has ever been discussed in this forum.  I still find it curious that FusionHash and Octocoin have been sharing infrastructure, or at least an IP address for a long time but both parties have always maintained the illusion(?) of a less incestuous relationship. 

The quiet in here is fueling my paranoia / crazy conspiracy theories.  I am genuinely trying to figure out whether all of this is good or bad and if a conspiracy theory were to prompt a transparent admission/denial/reaction from the devs letting us know where we all stand then that would be ideal

SquidsIn

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:08:42 PM

Soooooo, here's a crazy conspiracy theory...

A bunch of Angel investors sees some good money being made in crypto-currency, spots an opportunity to make a fast "buck" by buying a shit load of GPU's and setting up an industrial scale commercial mining farm.  Back in April when this all started there were very few of these around and what there was would have been smaller scale and/or largely SHA-256 focused.  There's money to be made in Scrypt where there's a massive explosion in Litecoin cloned shitcoins and ASICs won't be around for months yet (oh, the benefit of hindsight).

The Angel investors set up a mining pool to gain some community trust and credibiity before they start renting out their hash power.  They create a coin (or maybe more?) which they can hype and pump and create demand for hashes.  They even dream up some use cases and utility for it, after all, they're going to make so much money they'll be able to invest some in projects for their coin that will make them even more.

fast forward a few weeks, those pesky Chinese have gone and cracked Scrypt ASIC's, the bottom starts to fall out of the market for Scrypt mining with GPU's as the returns no longer justify the running costs, bang goes the hash rental business.  We have already heard something about this which lends credibility to at least this part of the crazy conspiracy theory.

The investment made by the Angel Investors is never going to yield a return and consequently there are no funds to develop their coin ideas and market them, development continues (we hope) but at a much much slower pace.

Told you it was crazy Grin

Sorry guys, excuse my cynicism at this juncture but unless there's a dramatic turnaround pretty damn soon then we're flogging a dead horse here.  If I turn out to be wrong on that then I'll be happy to come to Vegas, wear an Octo-Pussy t-shirt and hang my head in shame.

SquidsIn

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:21:37 PM

Soooooo, here's a crazy conspiracy theory...

A bunch of Angel investors sees some good money being made in crypto-currency, spots an opportunity to make a fast "buck" by buying a shit load of GPU's and setting up an industrial scale commercial mining farm.  Back in April when this all started there were very few of these around and what there was would have been smaller scale and/or largely SHA-256 focused.  There's money to be made in Scrypt where there's a massive explosion in Litecoin cloned shitcoins and ASICs won't be around for months yet (oh, the benefit of hindsight).

The Angel investors set up a mining pool to gain some community trust and credibiity before they start renting out their hash power.  They create a coin (or maybe more?) which they can hype and pump and create demand for hashes.  They even dream up some use cases and utility for it, after all, they're going to make so much money they'll be able to invest some in projects for their coin that will make them even more.

fast forward a few weeks, those pesky Chinese have gone and cracked Scrypt ASIC's, the bottom starts to fall out of the market for Scrypt mining with GPU's as the returns no longer justify the running costs, bang goes the hash rental business.  We have already heard something about this which lends credibility to at least this part of the crazy conspiracy theory.

The investment made by the Angel Investors is never going to yield a return and consequently there are no funds to develop their coin ideas and market them, development continues (we hope) but at a much much slower pace.

Told you it was crazy Grin

Sorry guys, excuse my cynicism at this juncture but unless there's a dramatic turnaround pretty damn soon then we're flogging a dead horse here.  If I turn out to be wrong on that then I'll be happy to come to Vegas, wear an Octo-Pussy t-shirt and hang my head in shame.

If it's any consolation Angel Investors.... I paid out $5000 for 3 Gridseed blades which 3 months later are now selling on ebay for less than 10% of what they cost, they were down to 50% within a couple of weeks.  I bought them to mine Octo, the price didn't matter because I was accumulating a large stash which was going to make me a fortune.  true story.  and also why I'm out of crypto as soon as I can sell the other 3 shitcoins I'm holding which, thankfully, do at least have some volume.  On balance I will just about break even over the 9 months I've been involved.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 12:09:46 AM

Does anyone know if this account was set up by the devs?

https://twitter.com/OctoEuro

Edit: Just noticed it says that it's a Fan Community. Gah. Not progress.

It never hurts to have fans Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: