Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:57:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260003 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:54:15 PM

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp30-yukon-september-batch-1

6TH, 2500w is what it says, but using Guy's figure of 2700w that's still 0.45w/GH -> 0.67w/GH which is a 40% increase.

This affects the running costs, profitability and lifetime of the machine, and should also be considered when deciding compensation.

Exactly.  I've speced big data center in Washington and paid for tons of it with the plan of .5 w/GH which puts profitability in the green for 12 months.  Forget about a discount on the price, with the new power figures - I am clearly in the red.  

With an adjustment on price only, Spondoolies shortcoming and failure to meet spec caused my datacenter to get into the red.  That is not fair compensation.  Margins on mining operations are very thin these days.  A reduction in price doesn't account for electricity spent on lifetime shortcomings.  Fuck.  

The project penciled out nicely - until the new power figures ruined the whole plan.  Price reduction won't help.  That efficiency loss has to be made up somewhere else.  

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:54:43 PM

... I bet the co. knew there would be issues with hardware ...
Not true. We got nasty surprise.

Sorry, should have been more clear, what I meant was the fact that you had No Refund Policy from the start, you guys are smart engineers and most likely expected some sort of issues with the hardware, you could only do so much with simulation software etc. so your company decided not to issue refunds as a company policy, I did not mean that you knew about this issue.
No refund policy is the industry standard and boilerplate terms of sale.
As I've explained many times in the thread before, unless there will be a catastrophic event, we'll do right by our customers.
(I fully understand that I won't get 100% of the customers satisfied, but we do plan to be in the miners selling business for a long time)

I would have love to avoid taking pre-orders and sell only from stock. Unfortunately, we can't do it.

Guy

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:56:13 PM

Bla Bla Bla

Didn't we already settle that you're not a customer ?

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:00:01 PM

What I meant was no refund for the total purchase, the hashrate is off by 25%, I understand that there could be electronic issues but deal is a deal and they should offer full refund along with compansation they will be offering and let the buyers decide.

Since they announced that they will match the $/Gh paid you must be crazy to want/ask for a full refund now. My GB members got 0.83$/GH for August delivery. Why would you refund that when the miner should be shipping soon (1-2 weeks)? Still can't get a better offer.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 11:01:13 PM

Only 60% worse.. no biggie.
Jimmothy, wait to October. Actually, in mid August we'll get two (slightly) better wafers.

Anyway, I must say that I admired your patience in the last week  Smiley

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:01:25 PM

Bla Bla Bla

Didn't we already settle that you're not a customer ?

^^^
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:09:54 PM

Jimmothy, wait to October. Actually, in mid August we'll get two (slightly) better wafers.

I noticed you expect the "fixed" batch will still be 30% worse than expectations. Does that mean the fab is not entirely to blame?

Also will you be giving compensation for the extra power consumption as well as the lower hashrate?
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 11:14:30 PM

I noticed you expect the "fixed" batch will still be 30% worse than expectations. Does that mean the fab is not entirely to blame?

Also will you be giving compensation for the extra power consumption as well as the lower hashrate?
We preferred to give lower estimation. There is still 10% diff that we still can't explain based on the slow ASICs results. We'll know when we get the fast batches.
Compensation will be discussed with the customers. As I wrote, the key factor will be $/GHs ratio.

Guy

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:36:44 PM

The electrical code in North America limits a continuous load on a 15A/120V circuit to 80%, or 12A. That's 1440W. Using 2 of these circuits gives you 2880W.

Can the SP30 be configured to run within this limitation? And, if so, how? And what will the resulting hashrate be? The original spec was 2400W; now it is 3kW ... very relevant to those with 15A/120V circuits.

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:42:12 PM

The electrical code in North America limits a continuous load on a 15A/120V circuit to 80%, or 12A. That's 1440W. Using 2 of these circuits gives you 2880W.

Can the SP30 be configured to run within this limitation? And, if so, how? And what will the resulting hashrate be? The original spec was 2400W; now it is 3kW ... very relevant to those with 15A/120V circuits.

You really really shouldnt run these on 110. Your giving up potentially 5-10% hashrate minimum, and not to mention 3-4% less overall efficiency on 110 vs 220.

I do have to say I am very pleased with how this was handled in a professional manner, + 1 to SPtech.
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:46:54 PM

You really really shouldnt run these on 110. Your giving up potentially 5-10% hashrate minimum, and not to mention 3-4% less overall efficiency on 110 vs 220.
If they would have been 2400W, then it wouldn't be a problem. But 3kW is. At least for some people.
Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 11:50:10 PM

Well, I don't really have a problem with the low hashrate itself if we get a compensation for the lower hash rate. However, with the equal power consumption I assume the price is still ~$290 per month in the hosting datacenter, and that's looking like a bit less of a good deal now.. And I'm basically forced to host it still because of import VAT.

I have a question though, Spondoolies, but it's not urgent so feel free to ignore it if you are too busy. If we are interested in the gen3 chips this winter, can we get a compensation in the form of a future discount coupon? If so, can its value be higher than the pure $ compensation (as you'll earn back some of it anyway)?

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 11:51:08 PM

If they would have been 2400W, then it wouldn't be a problem. But 3kW is. At least for some people.

Our recommendation for the 110V users is to host. There are very good options available: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0

hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:03:47 AM

What I meant was no refund for the total purchase, the hashrate is off by 25%, I understand that there could be electronic issues but deal is a deal and they should offer full refund along with compansation they will be offering and let the buyers decide.

Since they announced that they will match the $/Gh paid you must be crazy to want/ask for a full refund now. My GB members got 0.83$/GH for August delivery. Why would you refund that when the miner should be shipping soon (1-2 weeks)? Still can't get a better offer.

Then offer to buy me out at the BTC price I paid for my miner.
I want out of this damn BTC mining game and this 2TH/s short speed is not going to work for me.

A partial refund today only gets me a small amount of my money back now as an interest free loan.
Being that short on hashing speed loses me mining income EVERY MONTH.
Honestly, I want a full refund, this Group Buy has turned into a huge headache for me.
I think I had a guarantee on this SP30 from you as well when I paid for my SP30.

My opinion of an option.....

1. Full refund
2. A second SP20 at a VERY LOW cost to make up for shortage of hash rate.

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:12:35 AM

I want out of this damn BTC mining game and this 2TH/s short speed is not going to work for me.

A partial refund today only gets me a small amount of my money back now as an interest free loan.
Honestly, I want a full refund, this Group Buy has turned into a huge headache for me.
I think I had a guarantee on this SP30 from you as well when I paid for my SP30.

1. Full refund

Guy,

Please PM me to take a spot in the earlier group buy for the customers that want a refund. I will buy the miner with the new discount to be offered.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:14:09 AM

Still better than an over 300% miss for AM gen3 chips.

Why do you always tell a complete pack of lies about AM?

Declaration: Before physical chips are out and fully tested, all specs/dates/data are for reference only and subject to change.

Specification
Process node: 40nm
Package type: QFN64 8mmx8mm (with another option of QFN64 7mmx7mm possible)
I/O: Standard SPI protocol with clk, in, out and cs.
Rated Hashrate: 12.8GHash/s per chip, with a wide range of overclock/downclock options
Rated Voltage: 0.72V, recommended voltage range is 0.55V-1V
Power Consumption: 0.2J/GHash low voltage, 0.35J/GHash rated voltage

As you can clearly see AM didn't promise anything.

Brief Answers to Shareholder Questions

5) What is the status of gen 3.1 (shipping to customers, I think?)? How much does it help with energy usage -- do we have final chip performance numbers yet?
All shipped chips are gen 3.0 ones. What we had chosen for 3.1 helps with energy usage at 10% range and has some performance degrades. The final chip performance number is about 0.7W/G at 0.78V and 320MHz. Below that voltage we have less power draw and less speed.

0.35 J/Gh * 300% = 1.05 J/Gh.
If you can't tell the truth or do basic maths, why should anyone trust you?

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:14:53 AM

1. Full refund

Not again the full BTC refund after BTC increased in value and with a no refund policy in place...

And it's not 2TH/s short. It's 0.9TH/s short. Most of the people bought a 5.4TH/s miner. The increase to 6TH/s was an added bonus afterwards.

You will get your paid SP30 don't worry and if you don't like it then eBay and Marketplace sub forum are your best friends.

Edit:
1. Full refund

Guy,

Please PM me to take a spot in the earlier group buy for the customers that want a refund. I will buy the miner with the new discount to be offered.
To remove any doubt when you say "Guy" you are referring to hardhouseinc, not to SP-Tech, right?

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:15:55 AM

1. Full refund

Guy,

I might be interested too if there is a second person who wants out of the GB.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:20:10 AM

Still better than an over 300% miss for AM gen3 chips.

Why do you always tell a complete pack of lies about AM?

I was quoting the full system power draw, but you are right. It's not a 300% miss, it's just a 100% miss (or it's 200%?)

BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:20:57 AM

1. Full refund

Not again the full BTC refund after BTC increased in value and with a no refund policy in place...

And it's not 2TH/s short. It's 0.9TH/s short. Most of the people bought a 5.4TH/s miner. The increase to 6TH/s was an added bonus afterwards.

You will get your paid SP30 don't worry and if you don't like it then eBay and Marketplace sub forum are your best friends.

Edit:
1. Full refund

Guy,

To remove any doubt when you say "Guy" you are referring to hardhouseinc, not to SP-Tech, right?

I meant SP-Tech. But RoadStress if any group buy member wants a refund please PM me. I will take their place. Yes SP-TECH missed the specs and they have agreed to compensate and went ahead to meet the delivery schedule.

Compared to the new KNC. I will say no more
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: