Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:08:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260003 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:44:52 AM

האם אתה הולך לתת ללקוחות את ההזדמנות כדי לבטל והחזר לפני המשלוח מאז החומרה היא לא ממש עד spec. אם אתה משלוח השבוע אנחנו צריכים לדעת ביצועים בפועל עכשיו.

Google translate version:
Are you going to give customers the opportunity to cancel and refund before shipping since the hardware is not quite up to spec. If you are shipping this week we need to know the actual performance now.

Could you please use English if posting in this section. If English is difficult for you, please post with both your original language and at the very least a google translate copy (it seems Google translate does a fine job with Hebrew).

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:51:53 AM

The source was English, he/she used google translate to Hebrew for some reasons.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:53:07 AM

Okay, must have been for impact... and that explains why the translation was perfect in reverse.  Embarrassed

-ck
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:58:12 AM

האם אתה הולך לתת ללקוחות את ההזדמנות כדי לבטל והחזר לפני המשלוח מאז החומרה היא לא ממש עד spec. אם אתה משלוח השבוע אנחנו צריכים לדעת ביצועים בפועל עכשיו.

Are you going to give customers the opportunity to cancel and refund before shipping since the hardware is not quite up to spec. If you are shipping this week we need to know the actual performance now.

Could you please use English if posting in this section. If English is difficult for you, please post with both your original language and at the very least a google translate copy (it seems Google translate does a fine job with Hebrew).

Absolutely, sorry to break the rules. Spondoolies is based in Israel so i thought it polite to ask potentially difficult questions in hebrew. I see politeness is not highly regarded here so i will ask in english from now on.>>>

Spondoolies,
You were unable to meet your promises of hardware performance and promised more info in two days; that info has not been supplied. Now you say you will ship and then provide info, that's not good enough, you need to tell purchasers how bad/good the performance and efficiency degradation is before you ship and give an opportunity to refund or you are no better than any of the other pre-order scams.

EDIT: I understand running a new business is difficult and when things dont work out its even tougher. You will always do better by being upfront and communicating promptly. keep up your efforts and communicate more, it would be nice to see you succeed.

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:59:34 AM

Absolutely, sorry to break the rules. Spondoolies is based in Israel so i thought it polite to ask potentially difficult questions in hebrew. I see politeness is not highly regarded here so i will ask in english from now on.>>>

Spondoolies,
You were unable to meet your promises of hardware performance and promised more info in two days; that info has not been supplied. Now you say you will ship and then provide info, that's not good enough, you need to tell purchasers how bad/good the performance and efficiency degradation is before you ship and give an opportunity to refund or you are no better than any of the other pre-order scams.

Once again, we'll release all the info soon, before shipping. Including our compensation plan.
If you have specific issue with your order, you're welcome to email sales@

Edit:
When I've used "couple of days" in the original posting, I've meant few days, not literally couple.

Guy

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:03:46 AM

I misunderstood your intent, sorry. I'm going way offtopic here so apologies for the diversion but you're actually far more likely to offend someone using a language you're unskilled in.  (The sarcasm regarding politeness in your response did not go unnoticed...)

-ck
grn

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:04:08 AM

Spondoolies,

Once again, we'll release all the info soon, before shipping. Including our compensation plan.
If you have specific issue with your order, you're welcome to email sales@

Edit:
When I've used "couple of days" in the original posting, I've meant few days, not literally couple.

Guy

read my edit

grn

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:05:55 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 05:46:27 AM by grn

I misunderstood your intent, sorry. I'm going way offtopic here so apologies for the diversion but you're actually far more likely to offend someone using a language you're unskilled in.  (The sarcasm regarding politeness in your response did not go unnoticed...)

Good->Cheers!

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:06:37 AM

EDIT: I understand running a new business is difficult and when things dont work out its even tougher. You will always do better by being upfront and communicating promptly. keep up your efforts and communicate more, it would be nice to see you succeed.

We're communicating. We don't want to give inaccurate information. Stabilizing new system and new firmware takes time. Stress testing the systems also takes time.
I repeat my original request, please be patient.

Guy

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:13:18 AM

I see a lot of posts with varying degrees of correct and incorrect electrical advice

Please realize these miners are built to be hosted in an industrial environment. Before you plug these in consult an electrician and make sure to get permits/inspection for any work done.

I you dont follow my advice and burn your house down (quite probable) your insurance will be void when they find out how the fire started (fact)

These are not home miners like bitmain are, they really need to be in a data centre. A cost you must have calculated on your pre-purchase ROI analysis.

well in my case just putting up what I'm doing on my elec system in my basement with safeguards..etc....so I'm not telling anyone to do what I am doing
but am telling folks why and what steps I've taken to do what I am doing in my basement (20 amp circuits isobar surge protection etc)

anyway again my stuff what I am doing 'illustrative' purposes only....(or context for LOL when my house burns down by not hosting per say)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:50:27 AM

We're communicating. We don't want to give inaccurate information. Stabilizing new system and new firmware takes time. Stress testing the systems also takes time.

Guy
You can only do your best.  Everyone is sure that's what you are doing.  So, that is what we have.  Can't wait to receive them whenever they come.  It's a shame they don't appear to measure up to their original spec.  We'll all have to find a way to make up for the shortcoming going forward. 

Keep working hard - we will too.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:44:09 AM

This company's rating has changed in the relaunched manufacturer trustworthiness thread.

hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:21:25 PM

I think if we can expect anything here, it should be high expectations.

My history with SP-Tech has been with the slow/slow corner May batch of the SP10.

Even when they got less than the best chips, they still got the ASICs to perform at or above
1.4TH/s with Zvisha's hard work and top notch firmware upgrades.  Both of my SP10s from
May are at or above 1.4TH/s and hashing as solid as they come.  You cant ask for better support
than what Guy and his team provides.

I have my hopes up and fingers crosses for some good news here in the next few days.
Thanks again for the excellent support as always guys!

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:31:24 PM

I have just peeked into my fuse box and it says that the circuit breaker for the mains sockets is 32A.

You need to know the amperage of the circuit breaker where you connect the SP30 to, or each of the power supplies. Not the main breaker.

Ok so also, I would need to buy separate circuit breakers for each SP30?
Would you have any good recommendation from e-bay maybe?
I appreciate your help. I'm not very electric savvy

myself in USA I simply have 1 220v circuit wired with 12avg wire rated at 20 amps with a 20 amp 220v double pole breaker and of course the 220v plug at the wall...to do so
into an ISOBAR Euro4 version surge protector 4 volt....here off amazon..I have 3 total 220v plugs/circuits and an isobar euro4 on each one...

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-EURO-4-International-Protector/dp/B00006HZ4M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406427314&sr=8-3&keywords=euro+4

it is cheaper then a PDU and works for my needs...

this was easy to do because in my case it is in the bsmt near the panel..so what the heck overkill....1 power supply of the 2 on the sp30 will be plugged
into the above 20amp breaker/20 amp socket/indv 220v euro4 isobar for each 20amp line/breaker (again this model eruo4 at 220v because the sp30 comes
with cords that work for this)

YOU DO need however to purchase the 220v cord from the power outlet to the euro4 isobar..(it has interchangeable cords) the euro4 comes with the
same type of cord as the sp30 miners will come with...not the one that goes from the 220v isobar to the plug in the wall..you need to match (see below)

below is cords that come with the sp30 and the isobar euro4 above (at least the end that does not plug into the sp30 power supply that can be a different type)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MG9F78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

below here is the 3 220v cords from the isobar4 4 surge protector to the plug on the wall...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093WFT5C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so yeah way over kill but....should work fine 3 circuits using 3 euro4 isobars...1 for each power supply on the sp30 and 1 for the KNC Titan if/when it comes

again overkill but what the heck...as to the tripplite isobars ...well they have saved my butt before so better safe then sorry...
and again cheaper then a PDU

(silly hobby I could have got a bass boat and it probably would have sunk....with my luck anyway..go figure....toys..toys...toys...)

Searing

Thank you for your advice.
It looks like Isobar is a very good solution. I just nee to buy 230v version (United Kingdom) and also relveant UK socket cables.

Guy

I sent you e-mail about voltage over a week ago but you have not replied...

Also could you please ellaborate on:

"Please realize these miners are built to be hosted in an industrial environment. Before you plug these in consult an electrician and make sure to get permits/inspection for any work done...
...These are not home miners like bitmain are, they really need to be in a data centre. A cost you must have calculated on your pre-purchase ROI analysis. "

JWU42
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:14:31 PM

I am glad I haven't been following this closely or else I would have been more pissed off by now  Angry

whonesta

Activity: 379

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:37:02 PM

I am glad I haven't been following this closely or else I would have been more pissed off by now  Angry

Better than being pissed-on I suppose Wink

Oh wait your waiting on a SP30, need a towel?  (8.09575 BTC spent - 5292GH/s in hand & running NOW) <-- Bit more for your Wheaties..
JWU42
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:50:46 PM

Oh wait your waiting on a SP30, need a towel?  (8.09575 BTC spent - 5292GH/s in hand & running NOW) <-- Bit more for your Wheaties..

Thanks - that helps  Grin  Wink  Cry

RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:54:24 PM

(8.09575 BTC spent - 5292GH/s in hand & running NOW)
How much kW? What height of 19'' rack space would it take? (Answer with U number or centimeters or inches.)
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:19:36 PM

Better than being pissed-on I suppose Wink

Really...Did you get SP30 already... Huh

Proof...like pics, hashing...etc will be appreciated... Wink
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:02:40 PM

8.09575 BTC spent - 5292GH/s in hand & running NOW

Is the answer  12x Antminer S3 ? (Then you must also consider the price of power supplies)
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: