Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:22:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:30:48 PM

I think you need at least 20 coins in 20 years. That is already a good investment, you just have to save at least 1 BTC per year and when time will come you will become millionaire or very poor. That's just the two possibility but we have to be positive, we must be in the bright side.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:00:21 PM

I think you need at least 20 coins in 20 years. That is already a good investment, you just have to save at least 1 BTC per year and when time will come you will become millionaire or very poor. That's just the two possibility but we have to be positive, we must be in the bright side.

That is why it is much better to earn bitcoin and keep on rolling it til you reach your number of bitcoin goal..It's a lesser stress in our old age..If bitcoin price maintain at its position, then it is good for our retirement and if it drops, atleast it is not the whole money from our pocket that was gone...
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:08:42 PM

To be safe, get two Bitcoins.

lol i agree with this. in 20 years 2 bitcoin may be worth 2,000,000$ and to me a 2m retirement fund would last if you plan on retiring at 60 and living untill 75 or whatever. specially if you have another income coming in still from ssi or whatever it may be

safe side get 5
That is not easy. Just imagine if in the first year of your retirement the Bitcoin price will be $700. If you have 5 BTC that same as $3500. I guess you will spend this $3500 in the first year. The next year you will do not have anything.

I'm also thinking this and I think its gonna be very hard for them to be honest, its not as easy as the most people are thinking.
You also would first need to invest a lot to retire with the bitcoin and I do not think its reachable.
silentkiller

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:19:43 PM

what if bitcoin died before you retire and you have collected 200 btc on your diferent wallets, what will you do?
the most important is to invest your money on a legit investment ,while the rest put it on the bank. dont rely on bitcoin about your future, we couldnt even know if bitcoin will last for a long time.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:28:51 PM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
its same as predict your future in 20 years later,of course its hard to answer how much you should have bitcoin for retire in 20 years,bitcoin alwyas have fluctuate price,this is why i or some people can predict how much bitcoin for retire in 20 years.

Yeah as the bitcoin continues to fluctuate nothing can be predicted precisely. In my opinion its good to earn as much possible and in 20 years time you will have certain number of bitcoin. Try yourself to be comfort with those bitcoin.
How can you say that bitcoin is not a reliable currency and will be replaced by any other currency? Do you have any proof for that or only your prediction as a rumor against it? Bitcoin wil have a future and will be a global currency in the future.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:06:26 PM

It totally depend on the strength of the bitcoin if the bitcoin remain strong as it is now then he should have about more than 100 bitcoins and if the value of bitcoin will not come to a high value and the price started to drop down then he should need a million of bitcoins.
Yes, you are true but still we have to think about that what will be the price of bitcoin at that time!! Will bitcoin have a value at that time or people will leave it? Will at that time everywhere there bitcoin be used or people will adopt any other fluctuating currency?
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:28:03 PM

It totally depend on the strength of the bitcoin if the bitcoin remain strong as it is now then he should have about more than 100 bitcoins and if the value of bitcoin will not come to a high value and the price started to drop down then he should need a million of bitcoins.

100 bitcoin is a good amount, because we do not know, will be in the range of what the price in 20 years.

In 20 years, the price of bitcioin will be at least $100,000. So 100 bitcoin will make that $10 million.

lol it's highly unlikely that prices could reach $100,000. in fact we will be difficult to reach $10,000.
you can see the price movement at any time or every year, always no change and difficult the price back to $1,000.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:58:04 PM

what if bitcoin died before you retire and you have collected 200 btc on your diferent wallets, what will you do?
the most important is to invest your money on a legit investment ,while the rest put it on the bank. dont rely on bitcoin about your future, we couldnt even know if bitcoin will last for a long time.

Well hopefully that isnt the scenario, where you still hold 200 btc lol.

I`m sure prior to the still collecting 200 btc, you`ll check your prices before so it doesnt end up being a entire loss scenario. As for the concept of bitcoin dying before you retired, at this point its hard to pinpoint.

You`ll notice the price is still climbing after all those events in the past what bitcoin has been through and its still here.
CrimBit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:07:02 AM

don't save your money only in bitcoin for your retirementday.
everything can happen, better to save some in fiat for your retirement day.

I save arround 0.1-0.2/month and arround $50-$70 too per month
so im ready for bitcoin rise or fail.
Hatuferu
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:16:54 PM

That seem to be a good plan, you are saving bitcoin but do not risk all your money at it. Maybe mine base on my earning from day job and sideline here in this forum, I am saving at least 0.05BTC per month. Not that big but I am expecting a huge return in the future to come.

████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:15:43 PM

That seem to be a good plan, you are saving bitcoin but do not risk all your money at it. Maybe mine base on my earning from day job and sideline here in this forum, I am saving at least 0.05BTC per month. Not that big but I am expecting a huge return in the future to come.

That is better that risking everything in a form of an online money. Better have something that you could touch. Dont pick to put it in banks too there is also some risks there. You could hold it and your risk would just be robbery which just happened sometimes and a fire.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:14:23 PM

I think in that much time you do not need a large amount of bitcoin as the price of bitcoin is increasing and you will earn much higher amount
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:29:14 PM

I think in that much time you do not need a large amount of bitcoin as the price of bitcoin is increasing and you will earn much higher amount
Lol you are still need a large amount of bitcoin to be reach and retire in your job.. if you have 50 btc for me its enough i can live in long life.. because i can start my own new business.. and i can hired people to manage my business.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:45:02 PM

If you can get a lot of income on BTC you can retire early and enjoy life early. Just invest what do you think you can afford to lose since nothing is sure in the future.
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:02:15 PM

bitcoin better have a lot of the little right. we need bitcoin very much for the next 20 years. is the same as a squirrel foraging before winter, we also have to like it, but we save is bitcoin so that later we can enjoy it

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:14:55 PM

If you can get a lot of income on BTC you can retire early and enjoy life early. Just invest what do you think you can afford to lose since nothing is sure in the future.

Don't think too long with bitcoin, just imagine it will survive only for next 5 years and work accordingly and try to collect as much as you can before that, sell at the peak and enjoy luxury retired life.
Hatuferu
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:44:15 AM

Don't think too long with bitcoin, just imagine it will survive only for next 5 years and work accordingly and try to collect as much as you can before that, sell at the peak and enjoy luxury retired life.
That's a good advise of yours, I am also currently doing it, I set aside an amount from my day job salary and dedicate it for bitcoin purchase only, I will save it for at least 10-20 years and hope for a positive result.

████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:59:05 AM

20 years is a little too distant in the future to predict how much BTC you'd be needing. And that is without even considering if BTC is still around by that time. If it is, there must have been some kind of stability when it comes to price movement, much like what the dollar is today. Price movement would really dictate how much of something you will be needing in the future.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:05:07 AM

20 years is a little too distant in the future to predict how much BTC you'd be needing. And that is without even considering if BTC is still around by that time. If it is, there must have been some kind of stability when it comes to price movement, much like what the dollar is today. Price movement would really dictate how much of something you will be needing in the future.

Exactly, the price is the one that would dictate how much we will need..The only sure is that we need more bitcoin if we want to rely in it in the future.. never fully entrust your future to bitcoin, if possible, save your profit from bitcoin to fiat..
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:11:20 AM

nice thing is that after you have been retired you can still make a good amount of profit with trading to give yourself some extra income. at least, that's what i will do when retiring. i can't sit back and not try to make money where i can. it's something in me that makes me constantly look for ways to increase my income. being lazy is no option for me.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: