Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 [646] 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
Wreathy

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:03:17 AM

RW Stott

we dont need to know about shadow coin here you sure your not lost?.

Can you answer my question posed on that thread. ?.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knox203

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:06:31 AM

Guys, if you feel misled about the staking numbers -- I mean no offense -- but that's your own fault. Every POS coin I've seen uses a calculation that includes coin age to determine the network "stake weight". This does not exactly equate to an accurate number for total coins in stake. This is an inherent function of Proof of Stake technology. This is however a good opportunity for the VRC devs to introduce a way to show an accurate number of actual coins in stake.
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:38:50 AM

Every other POS coin shows stake weight as coins staking in there wallets. Correct me if I'm wrong please!

No, every POS coin shows stake weight as the stake weight, with coin age factored in.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:42:05 AM

Hi guys,

I have been reading about all the traded coins in the last few weeks at the bitcointalk threads. The community support for VRC is simply amazing. Finally, I decided to jump in and completed my first VRC buy transaction at Bittrex. Thanks for creating this great crypto coin!
Btw, I am based in Luxembourg and would be more than happy to promote VRC here.

Glad to have you part of the community Wink The more people like yourself the better off we will become!
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:46:54 AM

Guys, if you feel misled about the staking numbers -- I mean no offense -- but that's your own fault. Every POS coin I've seen uses a calculation that includes coin age to determine the network "stake weight". This does not exactly equate to an accurate number for total coins in stake. This is an inherent function of Proof of Stake technology. This is however a good opportunity for the VRC devs to introduce a way to show an accurate number of actual coins in stake.

It's just one of those things that got carried over from the original wallet code. Nobody's really had any reason to give any attention to it until now. VeriCoin seem to be the only coin with such a large percentage of owners staking their coins and that thrust the Network Stake number into the spotlight. I bet a lot of other devs will end up releasing updated wallets, too. Cheesy

One thing that I'd like to see in the wallet is the stake weight of my own coins. Perhaps as a replacement tooltip when I mouse-over the number of coins that are currently staking.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Morb

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:00:46 AM

I was just reading Matthew Bonari's very interesting article on vericoinnews, (http://vericoinnews.info/latest-news/stakeholder-confidence-milestones-and-blockchain-analytics/), and was wondering if it would be possible to elaborate on why the accumulation is a good thing.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:09:06 AM

I was just reading Matthew Bonari's very interesting article on vericoinnews, (http://vericoinnews.info/latest-news/stakeholder-confidence-milestones-and-blockchain-analytics/), and was wondering if it would be possible to elaborate on why the accumulation is a good thing.

Jump in IRC many people will answer your question there
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:11:09 AM

I'm not an expert by any means but from a wallstreet point of view - when you see "insiders" accumulating stock it's often a green flag as a buying signal. The fact that those who hold the top % are already heavily financially invested yet they continue to invest more money into the company (or in this case, the software/idea/coin) it typically means there are good things to come. Usually the top % holders have the first take at inside information - I.E they know whether good things or bad things are in the foreseeable future.

So the point being - if you see top Vericoin holders buying more Vericoin, that means they are confident it's going to go up in value. Visa versa if you see top coin holders selling out - it's usually a sign that they know things are falling apart. It's not 100% always that way but it's probably a 60/40 or 70/30 to be true.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:42:00 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 04:03:12 AM by barabbas

I am not sure what your question is referring to. Accumulation is one thing and big percentage numbers of coins staking or otherwise locked up in wallets, is another entirely. Since no accumulation is taking place in VRC -the top 100 wallets added 20,000 coins the past week, according to some research done and post here-, I believe you are referring to the fact that up to 80% of the total amount of Vericoins is currently in wallets outside of the esxchanges and mostly staking.

This is VERI good and...VERI bad. The good is because is reinforces the strength of the blockchain and, de facto, makes it almost impossible a 51% attack. Also on the VERI good side, it shows  the confidence and commitment of the main stakeholders, which are staking their coins instead of trading them for a bit of profit like traders/speculators do. Additionally, reducing the number of coins available for trading, theoretically, will make the coin scarce and new buyers will have to pay more... this is being proven completely wrong by the market since VRC has been, and so far remains, in a downward spiral with great selling pressure taking the price to the lowest levels since launch... at which levels currently remain. So much for scarcity!

And this is VERI bad because, by definition and purpose, crypto currencies are made and design to be SPENT, not saved or kept. In fact, that only 20% of the entire float is available for trading, severely limits the actual usability of the coin in the real world. Since the valuation of the coin is so minimal, and, subsequently, the market cap total is so modest, this "accumulation" is imperative to protect the vulnerability of the coin to 51% attacks... as we show recently when only 8 million coins would have destroy the coin instantly. Naturally, if VRC ever reaches a valuation 5, 10, 100 times higher than current levels, it would be much more costly for an individual or a group to perpetrate a 51% attack and therefore the importance of the % of coins staking or otherwise away from the exchanges, will diminish exponentially.

Let me give you another scenario possible: With 20 million of it's 27 total million coins, in individual wallets, if anyone were to buy ALL the 7 mill available coins (an "investment" of $340,000 at current price), the actual trading of the coin will cease, it's price go to zero almost immediately and the stakers would have exactly that, ZERO value in their wallets. The coin would effectively be dead.

So this amount of staking is not healthy, obviously, or pricewise efficient. Much less is needed to maintain the blockchain and prevent the possibility of a 51% attack... any group could easily "buy" enough for very little money right now, effectively destroying the coin.  A bit of a situation, indeed, if prices remain or, worse yet, if they go any lower.

Of course if they go lower, no one will have any interest in VRC, much less in liquidating it.
Morb

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:47:17 AM

I am not sure what your question is referring to. Accumulation is one thing and big percentage numbers of coins staking or otherwise locked up in wallets, is another entirely. Since

What I meant to ask is if someone who actually knows what they're talking about could answer.  That ain't you.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:51:01 AM

I am not sure what your question is referring to. Accumulation is one thing and big percentage numbers of coins staking or otherwise locked up in wallets, is another entirely. Since

What I meant to ask is if someone who actually knows what they're talking about could answer.  That ain't you.

What are you trying to clarify? Why it's a good thing top coin holders are accumulating?
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:59:30 AM

What are you trying to clarify? Why it's a good thing top coin holders are accumulating?

I think your previous reply is what he was looking for. You did a nice job explaining it.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Morb

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:03:08 AM

Your explanation was fine, thanks.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:05:51 AM

What I meant to ask is if someone who actually knows what they're talking about could answer.  That ain't you.

That was a misspost, obviously. Your subsequent one is pure, raw idiocy and therefore do not consider my answer at all directed to you but more towards anyone that has some doubts about what this "staking fever" can mean. Any kind of response whatsoever from you will be immediately dismissed, so fuck you, ok?
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:12:18 AM

What I meant to ask is if someone who actually knows what they're talking about could answer.  That ain't you.

That was a misspost, obviously. Your subsequent one is pure, raw idiocy and therefore do not consider my answer at all directed to you but more towards anyone that has some doubts about what this "staking fever" can mean. Any kind of response whatsoever from you will be immediately dismissed, so fuck you, ok?

I'm not trying to troll you, I'm just very curious to to ask... How old are you really? Where in the world do you live? And what do you do for a living? I completely understand this is the internet and you can easily lie in answering those questions. Could you just PM me the truthful answers to those questions and I won't share them if you don't want me to.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:25:54 AM

I'm not trying to troll you, I'm just very curious to to ask... How old are you really? Where in the world do you live? And what do you do for a living? I completely understand this is the internet and you can easily lie in answering those questions. Could you just PM me the truthful answers to those questions and I won't share them if you don't want me to.

Don't worry it's just barabbass...our resident autistic super troll. We think he was abused in the lab where he was created, that's why he has a tendency to lash out at others. We're still trying to train him not to shit where he eats but we're still working on it...
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:17:01 AM

Don't worry it's just barabbass...our resident autistic super troll. We think he was abused in the lab where he was created, that's why he has a tendency to lash out at others. We're still trying to train him not to shit where he eats but we're still working on it...

I completely get the troll in barabbas - I troll enough myself on the internet to respect what he is doing but man... at some point I really just want to know more about him. He trolls SO HARD on this forum - I want to learn more about him as a person. I do hope he answers me.
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:26:29 AM

I completely get the troll in barabbas - I troll enough myself on the internet to respect what he is doing but man... at some point I really just want to know more about him. He trolls SO HARD on this forum - I want to learn more about him as a person. I do hope he answers me.

me too.. curious about barabbass.. he does really seem like an intelligent person with a beard..
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:30:31 AM

me too.. curious about barabbass.. he does really seem like an intelligent person with a beard..

Like I said... if he would be honest with his answers I would love to know: age, geographic, and profession. He could either be a 13 year old from CA, USA who is going to Summer school. Or a 55 year old banker from Switzerland who got his MBA in economics... The jury is still out.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:41:14 AM

Other crypto currency coins that are currently valued higher than Vericoin (in no particular order)...
- Primecoin
- Quart
- Bytecoin
- Stellar
- Feathercoin
- Monacoin
- Zetacoin
- Neutrino
- Namecoin
- Mastercoin

I mean seriously for a second. All any coin is - is a software. To transmit money. People seriously find Quart! Fucking Quart!! A more valuable software program, without any active develpoment team mind you, a more sophisticated and valuable software program than Vericoin? It just blows my mind. 
Pages: « 1 ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 [646] 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: