Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:57:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:41:47 AM

Technical issues with Skype have made it impossible for our Remote DJ's to sign on for their Broadcasts on VRCRadio.com

Kevondo's LIVE! show is unaffected and will contiue as scheduled 10 AM EST Mon-Sat

VRCRadio.com has 2 new DJ's ready to Debut . Those inaugural Broadcasts are also on hold until a solution is implemented.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 12:53:01 AM

At this point in time, I would just like to point out the Ignored User Cleanup Script in my signature. It allows you to completely remove posts by ignored users and I'm currently working on getting it to pull them out of quoted text, as well. Check the link; there are screenshots! Cheesy

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:02:30 AM

Technical issues with Skype have made it impossible for our Remote DJ's to sign on for their Broadcasts on VRCRadio.com

Kevondo's LIVE! show is unaffected and will contiue as scheduled 10 AM EST Mon-Sat

VRCRadio.com has 2 new DJ's ready to Debut . Those inaugural Broadcasts are also on hold until a solution is implemented.

Are they able to using Google Hangouts?

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:20:46 AM

why does it always turn out to word-war?
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:24:53 AM

elmer, you don't have to worry too much about sounding like a jerk. To even the simplest of mind among us, you ARE a jerk. And sound like one on every post, to boot. The fact that you are a bagholder trying to pretend that nothing has happened here, only reinforces the evidence, by the way.

A 5 year-old could have -and probably has- you fooled, just catering to your blind greed. And it will happen again. And again.... Nevertheless, you will continue convincing yourself that you are actually somewhat intelligent. Oh well...

Yes, you are probably one of the simplest minds on here and I'm not really too worried about what you think of me so it's all good.  You don't exactly seem to be much of a people person yourself but you do appear to be deficient in a lot of categories so it's not just interpersonal intelligence that you seem to be lacking.  

You say bagholder like it's such a big deal but what you don't seem to realize is that I wear that badge with honor because I'm not a daytrader like you.  I'm investing in the future with my VRC and I didn't buy it with the intention of quickly flipping it.  I bought it to hold for a long and possibly protracted swing.  Didn't you read the Jesse Livermore quote that I posted earlier?  I pity you for the fact that your reading comprehension must suck.  Also, I don't have to convince myself of anything intelligence related and I know that you probably suffer from the Downing effect because from where I stand, your lack of articulation combined with your frequent emotional, childish outbursts puts you at the lower half of any intellectual bell curve.

Say what? I mean I understand what you say, I am aware of what you are trying to say... and the answer is no.

ROFL he responds with "and the answer is no" every time he cannot answer and he knows he is wrong. He did the same to me Smiley.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:29:56 AM

elmer, you don't have to worry too much about sounding like a jerk. To even the simplest of mind among us, you ARE a jerk. And sound like one on every post, to boot. The fact that you are a bagholder trying to pretend that nothing has happened here, only reinforces the evidence, by the way.

A 5 year-old could have -and probably has- you fooled, just catering to your blind greed. And it will happen again. And again.... Nevertheless, you will continue convincing yourself that you are actually somewhat intelligent. Oh well...

Yes, you are probably one of the simplest minds on here and I'm not really too worried about what you think of me so it's all good.  You don't exactly seem to be much of a people person yourself but you do appear to be deficient in a lot of categories so it's not just interpersonal intelligence that you seem to be lacking.  

You say bagholder like it's such a big deal but what you don't seem to realize is that I wear that badge with honor because I'm not a daytrader like you.  I'm investing in the future with my VRC and I didn't buy it with the intention of quickly flipping it.  I bought it to hold for a long and possibly protracted swing.  Didn't you read the Jesse Livermore quote that I posted earlier?  I pity you for the fact that your reading comprehension must suck.  Also, I don't have to convince myself of anything intelligence related and I know that you probably suffer from the Downing effect because from where I stand, your lack of articulation combined with your frequent emotional, childish outbursts puts you at the lower half of any intellectual bell curve.

Say what? I mean I understand what you say, I am aware of what you are trying to say... and the answer is no.

ROFL he responds with "and the answer is no" every time he cannot answer and he knows he is wrong. He did the same to me Smiley.

Actually it is a bit embarrassing to ha to explain this to you because it shows just how little you know of... anything, really. But the phrase was probably coined by the unforgettable James Stewart in The Johnny Carson Show, I believe, and it is meant to convey, with a touch of very fine humor, that what you  are saying is simply nonsense.

Which applies to you fully, by the way, hence why you got it also.
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:30:21 AM

At this point in time, I would just like to point out the Ignored User Cleanup Script in my signature. It allows you to completely remove posts by ignored users and I'm currently working on getting it to pull them out of quoted text, as well. Check the link; there are screenshots! Cheesy

Nice job bro, I am researching JSON code lately and have some reading material to get through this weekend. I already know a bit, prob not as much as you but hoping to help with the wallet.
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:33:27 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 01:50:39 AM by lootz

Yes, you are probably one of the simplest minds on here and I'm not really too worried about what you think of me so it's all good.  You don't exactly seem to be much of a people person yourself but you do appear to be deficient in a lot of categories so it's not just interpersonal intelligence that you seem to be lacking. 

You say bagholder like it's such a big deal but what you don't seem to realize is that I wear that badge with honor because I'm not a daytrader like you.  I'm investing in the future with my VRC and I didn't buy it with the intention of quickly flipping it.  I bought it to hold for a long and possibly protracted swing.  Didn't you read the Jesse Livermore quote that I posted earlier?  I pity you for the fact that your reading comprehension must suck.  Also, I don't have to convince myself of anything intelligence related and I know that you probably suffer from the Downing effect because from where I stand, your lack of articulation combined with your frequent emotional, childish outbursts puts you at the lower half of any intellectual bell curve.

Actually it is a bit embarrassing to ha to explain this to you because it shows just how little you know of... anything, really. But the phrase was probably coined by the unforgettable James Stewart in The Johnny Carson Show, I believe, and it is meant to convey, with a touch of very fine humor, that what you  are saying is simply nonsense.

Which applies to you fully, by the way, hence why you got it also.

No I dont watch TV barabass, but I am happy you found a quote that you feel people like you will understand Smiley
I totally understand why you are embarrassed btw its ok to feel ignorant sometimes, if I may maybe you should stop watching the dumb box and do something more productive like research stake weight Tongue

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:49:26 AM

I have listened to Doug on the "radio" basically mumbling for an hour (enough of the bio details, we already know them like the palm of our hand, ok?) without saying anything of any significance that hasn't been said, posted and commented ad infinitum. And a bunch of the usual common places: "Get the word out", "VRC will make their (people) lives easier"....

And that stayed in my mind: In what way/s will VRC possibly make anyone life easier? I have answer number one, of course, and the reason why I bought in in the first place. But it is... funny,m for lack of a better word, at this stage in the game, to want to sell on the idea of VRC as something that in any way can make anyone's life "easier". Much as I try to avoid it, it is just BULL SHIT!

Truth is no crypto currency, not Bitcoin not any other alto can make anyone's life easier that just ignoring they exist and continue using the credit cards or the cold hard cash. Why this idiotic euphemism by which using VRC would make anyone's life easier? Is it assuming people are complete idiots and they don't immediately realize that, among many other things, -all negative and/or dangerous, from fraud to outright robbery, not to mention the lack of warranties, instability and easy to lose-, they will have to endure an extremely steep learning curve before they get any use of digital currencies and, WHEN THEY DO, they will practically not get any advantages compared to fiat?

How are you going to sell the idea of VRC to anyone if you approach it to begin with under the falsest  of premises? Digiotal currencies don't make anyone's lives easier. Digital currencies are a number of things, none of which c an have the word "easy" attached to it. They are, on the other hand, quite complicated. Exceptionally volatile and dangerous. You can lose your money, all of it, at any given moment just because. Of you can lose all of it because if someone steals your last model android, or you dump it in the pool, or the toilet, you just lost your money, right there... unless you have copies on other devices, which is ANYTHING but easy or uncomplicated. Your bank, on the other hand, has your money quite accessible and you dont even need to remember your password, it can be reset in the simplest of ways. And it is safe and it is insured by the government. How you compare those for "easy"? Come on!

But who cares, right? Prepare a radio interview? Nah, I'll improvise. I'll nail it anyway. Mumbling a bit? so did Marlon Brando, repeating myself and boring people to the brink of suicide, hey how can they not get the vibe, the underground energy, the excitement...?

You know what makes people invested in VRC presently turn their lives to be easier? To push in that sell button. Which they are doing massively and probably prompted by your absolutely unfounded "enthusiasm".

Sheeeeesh!
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:54:12 AM

Polls are open again boys http://www.vericoinish.com/index.php/veri-useful/2014-03-12-16-16-30/the-fud-list

Remember it is for people who speak   FEAR, UNCERTAINTY, and DOUBT

Last months winner was BoBsurplus
Happy Polling
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:19:30 AM

Ohhh man do I have some good news for Vericoin here!! I gotta do about a hour of work here real quick, then I'm going to spend about 20 minutes typing out what is going on - but just for a quick recap:

I got Vericoin a booth at the MN State Fair coming up for the date 8/30/14. It was $1,000 to get the booth for the day - I was able to make a trade off that got us the booth for 5 hours were we can pretty much do/say what ever we want. My hope is that the community will pull through huge for this and we can have some stuff to hand out, give out free VRC, whatever we think is best. I'll be able to get the VRC logo/website up on their website and it should also be attached to a lot of the press going out. Anyway, more to come Wink

Edit: Unlike Wizrig, I actually pull through when I say I'm going to do something Wink
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:38:27 AM

Ohhh man do I have some good news for Vericoin here!! I gotta do about a hour of work here real quick, then I'm going to spend about 20 minutes typing out what is going on - but just for a quick recap:

I got Vericoin a booth at the MN State Fair coming up for the date 8/30/14. [...]

Awesome news! Check your forum private messages!

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
Shinraven

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:44:34 AM

why does it always turn out to word-war?

it turns into this mess because many users flat out don't respect each other. This is an open forum and regardless of the person's they should be able to express it. It does tun ugly once you hear " hey you are an idiot.. blah blah"

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:58:04 AM

A unmoderated Forum attracts a lot of people looking for attention, you won't find half the negitivity and FUD on other coin forums. It can be rather trying at times when people use this forum as their personal soap box, plus the amount of traffic that comes through here makes it very tempting for the attention seeker.

Shinraven

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:23:24 AM

I have listened to Doug on the "radio" basically mumbling for an hour (enough of the bio details, we already know them like the palm of our hand, ok?) without saying anything of any significance that hasn't been said, posted and commented ad infinitum. And a bunch of the usual common places: "Get the word out", "VRC will make their (people) lives easier"....

And that stayed in my mind: In what way/s will VRC possibly make anyone life easier? I have answer number one, of course, and the reason why I bought in in the first place. But it is... funny,m for lack of a better word, at this stage in the game, to want to sell on the idea of VRC as something that in any way can make anyone's life "easier". Much as I try to avoid it, it is just BULL SHIT!

Truth is no crypto currency, not Bitcoin not any other alto can make anyone's life easier that just ignoring they exist and continue using the credit cards or the cold hard cash. Why this idiotic euphemism by which using VRC would make anyone's life easier? Is it assuming people are complete idiots and they don't immediately realize that, among many other things, -all negative and/or dangerous, from fraud to outright robbery, not to mention the lack of warranties, instability and easy to lose-, they will have to endure an extremely steep learning curve before they get any use of digital currencies and, WHEN THEY DO, they will practically not get any advantages compared to fiat?

How are you going to sell the idea of VRC to anyone if you approach it to begin with under the falsest  of premises? Digiotal currencies don't make anyone's lives easier. Digital currencies are a number of things, none of which c an have the word "easy" attached to it. They are, on the other hand, quite complicated. Exceptionally volatile and dangerous. You can lose your money, all of it, at any given moment just because. Of you can lose all of it because if someone steals your last model android, or you dump it in the pool, or the toilet, you just lost your money, right there... unless you have copies on other devices, which is ANYTHING but easy or uncomplicated. Your bank, on the other hand, has your money quite accessible and you dont even need to remember your password, it can be reset in the simplest of ways. And it is safe and it is insured by the government. How you compare those for "easy"? Come on!

But who cares, right? Prepare a radio interview? Nah, I'll improvise. I'll nail it anyway. Mumbling a bit? so did Marlon Brando, repeating myself and boring people to the brink of suicide, hey how can they not get the vibe, the underground energy, the excitement...?

You know what makes people invested in VRC presently turn their lives to be easier? To push in that sell button. Which they are doing massively and probably prompted by your absolutely unfounded "enthusiasm".

Sheeeeesh!

i am going to do my best to read through this.

1) never tell a dev he is mumbling, kinda disrespectful don't you think ? The man clearly is addressing concerns, upcoming ideas

2) Would VRC / Crypto make anyone's life easier??? Did you really just ask that ? ok get this, ever since you and I were born, there was a monetary system established. Unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, or seriously busted your ass to be fortunate to go to school, pay off your debts, get a decent gig you will still carry massive debts. Now look at it globally, we are lucky to live in the States or in some modern countries, now think how hard it is for a working person sending money back home to their family in some 3rd world place. They get hit with massive fees, ( insert your fav money transfer company here ) Yes to you  2/5 bucks might not be anything but in some parts of the world that is their salary for One day !  Crypto would make it easier indeed, little or no fee, fast transfer using cell phones, computers etc. I won't get political about the feds. You can research on that yourself.- as for people just using credit cards, yes they see the convenience however we all know most people are not responsible with money..they buy thing they don't need or can afford, more debts, more problems....But credit cards are very convenient and practical.

3) it is not about selling the idea, it is about educating the public. As of now crypto currency is hardly known to the general public, i would not call them idiots as you put it, they simply lack the knowledge. Before they can trust this crypto system, they must see the value, in this case speed, convenience, lifestyle, security and benefits ( read above how one can send money to family) Btw this is not just a VRC issue, it is crypto as a whole that has this image issue. Now toss in the dozens of pump and dump coins, hacks, theft, fud etc. It does not help to get anyone new to come into crypto. We are too busy attacking this coin, or that coin and missing the big picture.  Yet once in a while you get a team of smart folks who actually show their faces, chat with people, upfront and have great ideas and have delivered on most.. however there is work to be done, I agree with you on that.

4) Everything you mentioned about the banks is convenience, infrastructure which as i said has already been in place before you were born. however it is not perfect, look at it as whole system, it is flawed.. again i wont get political.

5) The devs getting on radio, hang outs etc is to stay in touch with us, let us know hey we are not running off, we are still working with you guys. They give hints on what they are up to, considering this is after all a competitive market with a moving target as deadline, it is not fair to expect them to tell you hey we will deliver XYZ on this date and when /if they miss it...here comes the FUD squad with pitch forks. Do know they are working on new features.

I can see at times you mean well, hell you even give good ideas at times. You have the right to be concerned as you mentioned you have purchased some VRC, so as an investor I respect you. Likewise I ask of you the same toward the Devs and other members here..

Man this is my longest post..similar to your style hehe  Cheesy. Seriously, just be respectful and help out if you can, contribute ideas etc.

tazmania

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:31:26 AM

long ass post

Good fucking points. Why would someone want to go through the effort to acquire VRC and then make a purchase. Most people don't care about being even somewhat anonymous. And you can easily lose all your money and it isn't even your fault since all it takes it a large hack and they dump it all.

Right now just BTC because so many people are deep in it will last. It's up to the devs to add on to BTC but they gotta go slow to not mess anything up or make it worse.

For another coin to take over 2nd place needs to be really good. Coins like Ethereum and VIA may have a shot. It gives people a purpose to check it out and invest and use and not just gimmicks.

yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:33:58 AM

why dont you guys take out your low sell orders - drive the price up
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:48:35 AM

Spread the word of VRC!!

So as I briefly mentioned in my post above - I was able to get Vericoin a booth at the Minnesota State Fair coming up on 8/30/2014. For those east coaster/west coasters (people outside of US) that think "well that's pretty lame" - I gotta say; our state fair is one of the biggest events in the Midwest. On any single day they will have 100,000-200,000 people come through with really solid days hitting 225,000+. The fair goes on for 2 weeks and the most popular days statistically are always the final Saturday/Sunday. So with that in mind I made sure to lock down the booth for the final Saturday from 11am-4pm. It's 100% locked down. We have the booth, we have the day/time.

The booth will be part of what's call "MN World Fair 2023". Which is an organization that is trying to raise money/awareness to win the bid to have Minnesota host the 2023 World Fair (I had no idea that was still a thing). So in having the 2023 Expo they are looking for tech-related companies and groups to help sponsor the event. In order to get the booth, I either had to fork over $1,000 or get 6 people to help volunteer a shift during the day for the Expo group itself. So at the end of the day I made some quick phone calls and got 7 of my friends to all join in and help out. Why 7 you ask? Well we need to throw the Expo booth itself 6 people to work for them plus we need another 2 of us at the event actually representing Vericoin. So all in all there are 8 of us that are going to volunteer our afternoons to help support the cause.

With that being said, while my other 6 friends are all helping the 2023 Expo people my buddy and I will do whatever we can to help spread the word about Vericoin. We're going to be there for 5 hours with literally tens of thousands of people walking by. And yeah... I guess at this point we're open for ideas.

My B job in life is to represent large companies and big events as a brand ambassador, so fortunately I do this kind of thing all the time. I love talking to people and I love being social - so I think this is going to work out well.

At this point my initial thought is to hopefully raise some VRC from the community, so we can hand out whatever we are able to raise. Possibly get some VRC stickers (which I know PNosker mentioned he would send over) maybe even some VRC t-shirts. To be honest, for the dev team - I would say this would fall into the category of possibly a big enough event 1 of 2 of you would be interested in flying out here? I mean no joke - there will literally be a quarter million people there throughout the day.

So at this point I'm 100% open to any suggestions/ideas/comments. I have that VRC donation address below, which a few of you have been kind enough to donate to. Its unfortunately an old bittrex account that I don't really use (i'm more of a mintpal kind of guy) but I don't like the fact keeping the coins hot. I would have given out my personal wallet address but I don't want to co-mingle funds. So any thoughts on that would be great too.

Last thought real quick. Over the next few days I will be getting the VRC logo and website up on the official Expo 2023 website. Not only to spread the word but to hopefully instill trust within the community that I'm not just pulling some quick BS move *cough coughWizrig cough*. 100% of what gets donated will get passed out that day. I won't take a penny. All together my friends and I will be donating about 40 hours of our time - and I'm really just happy to do this because aside from owning a lot of VRC, I think it will be a fun day Smiley

tl;dr - Vericoin booth at MN State Fair in a couple weeks.
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:11:08 AM

long ass post

Good fucking points. Why would someone want to go through the effort to acquire VRC and then make a purchase. Most people don't care about being even somewhat anonymous. And you can easily lose all your money and it isn't even your fault since all it takes it a large hack and they dump it all.

Right now just BTC because so many people are deep in it will last. It's up to the devs to add on to BTC but they gotta go slow to not mess anything up or make it worse.

For another coin to take over 2nd place needs to be really good. Coins like Ethereum and VIA may have a shot. It gives people a purpose to check it out and invest and use and not just gimmicks.

I care enough to use anon, fuck the banks. I am done with this government good intentions. I believe many middle class people like me are also done with bullshit banks and taxes. So I have no Idea what you are saying when you say most people.
You talking FUD ?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:12:26 AM

Spread the word of VRC!!

So as I briefly mentioned in my post above - I was able to get Vericoin a booth at the Minnesota State Fair coming up on 8/30/2014. For those east coaster/west coasters (people outside of US) that think "well that's pretty lame" - I gotta say; our state fair is one of the biggest events in the Midwest. On any single day they will have 100,000-200,000 people come through with really solid days hitting 225,000+. The fair goes on for 2 weeks and the most popular days statistically are always the final Saturday/Sunday. So with that in mind I made sure to lock down the booth for the final Saturday from 11am-4pm. It's 100% locked down. We have the booth, we have the day/time.

The booth will be part of what's call "MN World Fair 2023". Which is an organization that is trying to raise money/awareness to win the bid to have Minnesota host the 2023 World Fair (I had no idea that was still a thing). So in having the 2023 Expo they are looking for tech-related companies and groups to help sponsor the event. In order to get the booth, I either had to fork over $1,000 or get 6 people to help volunteer a shift during the day for the Expo group itself. So at the end of the day I made some quick phone calls and got 7 of my friends to all join in and help out. Why 7 you ask? Well we need to throw the Expo booth itself 6 people to work for them plus we need another 2 of us at the event actually representing Vericoin. So all in all there are 8 of us that are going to volunteer our afternoons to help support the cause.

With that being said, while my other 6 friends are all helping the 2023 Expo people my buddy and I will do whatever we can to help spread the word about Vericoin. We're going to be there for 5 hours with literally tens of thousands of people walking by. And yeah... I guess at this point we're open for ideas.

My B job in life is to represent large companies and big events as a brand ambassador, so fortunately I do this kind of thing all the time. I love talking to people and I love being social - so I think this is going to work out well.

At this point my initial thought is to hopefully raise some VRC from the community, so we can hand out whatever we are able to raise. Possibly get some VRC stickers (which I know PNosker mentioned he would send over) maybe even some VRC t-shirts. To be honest, for the dev team - I would say this would fall into the category of possibly a big enough event 1 of 2 of you would be interested in flying out here? I mean no joke - there will literally be a quarter million people there throughout the day.

So at this point I'm 100% open to any suggestions/ideas/comments. I have that VRC donation address below, which a few of you have been kind enough to donate to. Its unfortunately an old bittrex account that I don't really use (i'm more of a mintpal kind of guy) but I don't like the fact keeping the coins hot. I would have given out my personal wallet address but I don't want to co-mingle funds. So any thoughts on that would be great too.

Last thought real quick. Over the next few days I will be getting the VRC logo and website up on the official Expo 2023 website. Not only to spread the word but to hopefully instill trust within the community that I'm not just pulling some quick BS move *cough coughWizrig cough*. 100% of what gets donated will get passed out that day. I won't take a penny. All together my friends and I will be donating about 40 hours of our time - and I'm really just happy to do this because aside from owning a lot of VRC, I think it will be a fun day Smiley

tl;dr - Vericoin booth at MN State Fair in a couple weeks.

Very commendable and on behalf of the part of the community that really appreciate honest efforts, thank you. You should be getting paid for this -as well as your friends- but since there's no money and you guys are willing to do it, plas, plas, plas. kudos and , again, thank you.

If is a huge pity, though, that the timing could not possibly suck more: Any donation now will be at 5 cents of a dollar per VRC -while only a few weeks back it was 4 times as much. And yes, shirts costs 4 times as much too. And they are VERI needed for the event should look great with lots of giveaways... that I don't know if the community, and the devs, are willing to donate.

For visitor only handouts will work in terms of getting any attention. So I would suggest paper wallets -no time for electronic ones that should be massively available by now-, with at least 400-500 VRC to give away to visitors picked up at random, like 10 or 20 or whatever you can afford with the donations received. And hand outs, of course of printed information. You guys need to wear T-shirts with the logo and give away as many as available, as well as the wallets. And talk not just to random people but make some kind of brief (well prepared!) "intro to digital currency/VRC" to bunches of people, tens, hundreds if possible. In groups!

And, of course, video of as good quality as you can, and photos likewise so they are uploaded to the social networks and edited up in a fast paced youtube video on the fly. Beyond that, do as many local interviews as possible, maybe some press article in the local paper/radio/tv channel.

Now, this is an opp for the community to show the real strength by actually doing something practical, tangible and that, at the very least, is going to bring a bunch of new people interested in digital currencies and, hopefully, in VRC. You deserve kudos, again, for the effort and hopefully the response will be generous enough to make of the event a real hit after so many misses.

Best luck and thanks again!
Pages: « 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: