Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 [640] 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
Morb

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:08:34 AM

I'm pretty sure he meant that if you've been in the crypto market since that time that you'd know firsthand that the prices can and will fluctuate pretty wildly and that VeriCoin in particular seems to have come under attack from outside forces ever since it first began to rise.  He's right, though, as is evident by the stolen MintPal coins, the MintPal DoS attack, the attacks on the VRC nodes, the overly aggressive, downward moving sell walls which seem to occur most often during times of extremely low volume (when the markets are the least liquid and hence, more easily manipulated), the increasing levels of FUD, etc.  As I told someone yesterday, it almost seems as if someone is painting the tape in a downward direction while spreading FUD in order to scare prospective investors away, but of course that is only speculation on my part and at this point has not been proven.  It probably sounds too tinfoil-hattish to some but I've seen it before, though, when I actively traded tech-stocks during the dot-com bubble of the late 1990's and today's usual suspects seem to look and act almost exactly the same as the ones back then.  It got so bad at one point that some of the more aggressive bashers of that time (like Janice Shell) eventually got sued (see: http://www.secinfo.com/dPx8x.64.htm ).
[/quote]

It's nice having someone like you around.  You offer perspective and insight, and you have yet to type out LOL, which earns you quite a few points there alone.

I agree with all of your points.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:17:04 AM

vrc be just fine, just keep buying... you won't regret it...

Wink

it is clear that there has been well organized influence on the market since the start of vrc's rise on june 1st and that hasn't changed...

everythings working towards a bigger picture and an end game of making vrc a top coin.

if u are newer to crypto and were not around for the shenanigans of the btc or ltc boom dont fret... we've seen all this before...

WTF this coin does with the boom of BTC and LTC 10 months ago?
LoL Guys, this nonsense is getting ridiculous :-) We read many hardcore cheerleading and ridiculous hype in this thread already, it doesn't work anymore.

I'm pretty sure the meant that if you've been in the crypto market since that time that you'd know firsthand that the prices can and will fluctuate pretty wildly and that VeriCoin in particular seems to have come under attack from outside forces ever since it first began to rise.  He's right, though, as is evident by the stolen MintPal coins, the MintPal DoS attack, the attacks on the VRC nodes, the overly aggressive, downward moving sell walls which seem to occur most often during times of extremely low volume (when the markets are the least liquid and hence, more easily manipulated), the increasing levels of FUD, etc.  As I told someone yesterday, it almost seems as if someone is painting the tape in a downward direction while spreading FUD in order to scare prospective investors away, but of course that is only speculation on my part and at this point has not been proven.  It probably sounds too tinfoil-hattish to some but I've seen it before, though, when I actively traded tech-stocks during the dot-com bubble of the late 1990's and today's usual suspects seem to look and act almost exactly the same as the ones back then.  It got so bad at one point that some of the more aggressive bashers of that time (like Janice Shell) eventually got sued (see: http://www.secinfo.com/dPx8x.64.htm ).

Don't worry about my background in crypto, even this is not my primary business, but I have been buying bitcoin since it was $10 well before the LTC boom, I am having good trades like viacoin which returned already more BTCs than my loss on vericoin - so the vericoin failure is not end of the world, still it's veri unfortunate. Which bothers me and was a new situation for me this transparent team presentation that I completely misread, I thought transparency and honesty of the devs equals to top coin which is obviously not the case. The honesty is not good enough - delivery is still required.  Also it was new to me the the involvement of the scammer wizrig & co & dev coordinated pump & dump, in bitcoin trade we don't have such nonsense.

I don't agree and don't believe anyone is pushing the price down, there is just not enough buy support for vericoin.
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:18:15 AM

It's nice having someone like you around.  You offer perspective and insight, and you have yet to type out LOL, which earns you quite a few points there alone.

I agree with all of your points.

Thank you.  Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:23:34 AM

YAY add webay to my hater club, so stupid to cry about something that the Devs have no control over, don't you think if they could magically control the price they would make 1 VRC = 100 BTC

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
aragoon

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:29:38 AM

No more whining or threats.
Any person who puts money into crypto does so at their individual risk. The warnings on the pack are clear. Technological development area. Very risky. Wild West. No rules. No insurance. No police. No customer services desk. No refunds. Take responsibility for your individual decision. Win - good.  Lose - live with it. No nanny state
Too many enemies to count. Parasitic, manipulative traders and whales with delusions of self worth and not enough sense to keep the host alive. Paid fudsters. Greedy, fickle, lazy speculators who fail  to do due diligence and then have temper tantrums if it doesn't go well. AWOL devs. Scams.
Knee jerk reactions to posts instead of considered responses. Ugly, immature language, insults and abuse, even threats.
It's Wall Street but worse. It's what people do with freedom and power.

VRC  looks very like it got screwed by deliberate attacks. Everything was fine, devs (imho genuine guys with real talent but swimming with pirhana ), strong community, on time for deadlines, real results. Then suddenly it became radioactive. Truly a shame.

This coin, the devs and community deserve better than that and the show ain't over yet. So sell up or hang on but don't whine and above all, don't threaten decent people.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:30:43 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 02:41:50 AM by altcoinUK

Instead of constantly whining about it, I think it would be better if those of you with weak hands would just get it over with and dump so that those of us who are in it for the longer term, who still like the overall fundamentals of VRC can scoop up some cheaper coins.  

Even it's clear that people like me who invested hard cash into this thing didn't bring the price to 9K, and perhaps it is understandable I could have comments about what is happening, still you are absolutely right, I shouldn't wonder here about the situation and just better to drop the thing on bittrex. I would take on your offer, so could you please put a 50 BTC buy wall and I will let you have the cheap coins.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:43:29 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 03:07:16 AM by ELMER_FUD

vrc be just fine, just keep buying... you won't regret it...

Wink

it is clear that there has been well organized influence on the market since the start of vrc's rise on june 1st and that hasn't changed...

everythings working towards a bigger picture and an end game of making vrc a top coin.

if u are newer to crypto and were not around for the shenanigans of the btc or ltc boom dont fret... we've seen all this before...

WTF this coin does with the boom of BTC and LTC 10 months ago?
LoL Guys, this nonsense is getting ridiculous :-) We read many hardcore cheerleading and ridiculous hype in this thread already, it doesn't work anymore.

I'm pretty sure the meant that if you've been in the crypto market since that time that you'd know firsthand that the prices can and will fluctuate pretty wildly and that VeriCoin in particular seems to have come under attack from outside forces ever since it first began to rise.  He's right, though, as is evident by the stolen MintPal coins, the MintPal DoS attack, the attacks on the VRC nodes, the overly aggressive, downward moving sell walls which seem to occur most often during times of extremely low volume (when the markets are the least liquid and hence, more easily manipulated), the increasing levels of FUD, etc.  As I told someone yesterday, it almost seems as if someone is painting the tape in a downward direction while spreading FUD in order to scare prospective investors away, but of course that is only speculation on my part and at this point has not been proven.  It probably sounds too tinfoil-hattish to some but I've seen it before, though, when I actively traded tech-stocks during the dot-com bubble of the late 1990's and today's usual suspects seem to look and act almost exactly the same as the ones back then.  It got so bad at one point that some of the more aggressive bashers of that time (like Janice Shell) eventually got sued (see: http://www.secinfo.com/dPx8x.64.htm ).

Don't worry about my background in crypto, even this is not my primary business, but I have been buying bitcoin since it was $10 well before the LTC boom, I am having good trades like viacoin which returned already more BTCs than my loss on vericoin - so the vericoin failure is not end of the world, still it's veri unfortunate. Which bothers me and was a new situation for me this transparent team presentation that I completely misread, I thought transparency and honesty of the devs equals to top coin which is obviously not the case. The honesty is not good enough - delivery is still required.  Also it was new to me the the involvement of the scammer wizrig & co & dev coordinated pump & dump, in bitcoin trade we don't have such nonsense.

I don't agree and don't believe anyone is pushing the price down, there is just not enough buy support for vericoin.

I wasn't worried about your background in crypto.  I was merely reiterating/reinterpreting for you what Arsène Lupin said, which you seemed to have misinterpreted and then called it nonsense.

Also, I think it's a bit early in the game to be calling anything a failure.  I'm not happy with the price either but I've used it as an opportunity to greatly reduce my overall dollar cost average because from what I see, VeriCoin is still in its early stages of development.  I think one would have to be pretty shortsighted to actually believe that it's a failure at this point. 

Resunta

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:46:21 AM

Any person who puts money into crypto does so at their individual risk. The warnings on the pack are clear. Technological development area. Very risky. Wild West. No rules. No insurance. No police. No customer services desk. No refunds. Take responsibility for your individual decision. Win - good.  Lose - live with it. No nanny state
Too many enemies to count. Parasitic, manipulative traders and whales with delusions of self worth and not enough sense to keep the host alive. Paid fudsters. Greedy, fickle, lazy speculators who fail  to do due diligence and then have temper tantrums if it doesn't go well. AWOL devs. Scams.
Knee jerk reactions to posts instead of considered responses. Ugly, immature language, insults and abuse, even threats.

VRC  looks very like it got screwed by deliberate attacks. Everything was fine, devs (imho genuine guys with real talent but swimming with pirhana ), strong community, on time for deadlines, real results. Then suddenly it became radioactive. Truly a shame.

This coin, the devs and community deserve better than that and the show ain't over yet. So sell up or hang on but don't whine and above all, don't threaten decent people.

Amazing post. Thank you for this.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:58:18 AM

+1,000,000,000

Yuzu

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:03:45 AM

Everything you've said is soooo right.  Just spot on.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:04:22 AM

Looks like we're done here.

I should've seen this coming with the immaturity shown by the devs and the teacher's pet Socal.

Hope you guys enjoy the fact that I'm a BROKE student(you devs certainly can't relate) and I've lost $1500. Hey, how much is a plane ticket to Jersey? I'll bring my golf clubs too and Pat can decide which one I use to break his knee-caps with.

Consider this a lesson learned. NEVER invest money that you can't afford to lose.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:06:30 AM

One of the very few actually buying: Just got my full (modest) order filled under 9k. People still dumping hands over fists.

The project, with the devs totally absent for all intents and meaningful purposes, is lacking direction and, above all, achievements. No one outside of the fully stretched VRC community, sees any future in this project, the same way they don't in BC. By the time Doug is back from vacation, his hobby project might easily have lost another couple of digits. Nature of the beast. Anyone seeing any reason, any real reason at all for a rebound any time soon? I didn't think so. Neither do all those dumping quite massively every single day...

So they dump and move to projects perceived as having one.

That simple.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:10:30 AM

One of the very few actually buying: Just got my full (modest) order filled under 9k. People still dumping hands over fists.

The project, with the devs totally absent for all intents and meaningful purposes, is lacking direction and, above all, achievements. No one outside of the fully stretched VRC community, sees any future in this project, the same way they don't in BC. By the time Doug is back from vacation, his hobby project might easily have lost another couple of digits. Nature of the beast. Anyone seeing any reason, any real reason at all for a rebound any time soon? I didn't think so. Neither do all those dumping quite massively every single day...

That simple.

How come you didn't buy Litecoin instead?  It's down to $5.60 right now.  I'm just curious as to why you'd want to buy an alt in which you seem to hold it's devs in such low esteem.

Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:11:48 AM

That simple.

But yet you still continue to have your modest orders filled.  Thank you for your support.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:23:01 AM

+1,000,000,000

Since you still believe in the fundamentals of this project which is really good and I am sure you are correct about that, and you have offered me the opportunity to buy my coins, will you put the 50 BTC buy order at bittrex or not? By putting the 50 BTC buy order you would do not only hype making with a new nick, but could act and show real support for the coin and most importantly you could have my cheap coins what you wanted.
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:32:19 AM

+1000

I could not have said it better. Crypto as a whole is the wild west indeed. So many traps, so many risks, yet once in a while you will find a nugget. Honesty these devs are talented and genuine, hence all the hate & attacks you see. we will get through this.
webay

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:36:36 AM

Looks like we're done here.

I should've seen this coming with the immaturity shown by the devs and the teacher's pet Socal.

Hope you guys enjoy the fact that I'm a BROKE student(you devs certainly can't relate) and I've lost $1500. Hey, how much is a plane ticket to Jersey? I'll bring my golf clubs too and Pat can decide which one I use to break his knee-caps with.

Wow that's a bit harsh dude.

Sorry you lost money with this, but IT IS CRYPTO!! Most people lose money, especially now. Have you seen the trends?? Just look at Mintpal, its a sea of red..

I'm just having a bit of fun here adding some humour to a shitty situation, I don't mean anyone any real harm.

Making threats of violence is not on..

Making funny pictures on the other hand, golden =P
Not a legitimate threat, as $1500 is a lot to me, but was merely vacation money for next year. Figured I'd try to turn it into several future vacations.

Now, for people who lost real money, like $20k+, I'd be a little worried coming back home if I'm a transparent dev right now on fucking vacation while my $8mil coin turns to nothing in a month.
webay

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:45:18 AM

One large red flag for me was the devs touting "record stake figures" while the staking transparency system has been broken for who knows how long. Almost like we're being strung along here. And I'm sure many of the optimistic ones are those who got in at under 1000SAT and sold off large chunks at high prices. I'd be throwing water on the fud too if I were them.
BitcoinPorn

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 03:51:32 AM

Not a legitimate threat, as $1500 is a lot to me, but was merely vacation money for next year. Figured I'd try to turn it into several future vacations.

Now, for people who lost real money, like $20k+, I'd be a little worried coming back home if I'm a transparent dev right now on fucking vacation while my $8mil coin turns to nothing in a month.

No one should ever invest more than they can afford to lose.

The only people who are going to lose anything on Vericoin are the day traders and people thinking big things are going to happen in a short time so sell at a loss. 

Long term is the only way for a serious coin, Vericoin is very serious and is still early on in it's life.

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:52:11 AM

+1,000,000,000

Since you still believe in the fundamentals of this project which is really good and I am sure you are correct about that, and you have offered me the opportunity to buy my coins, will you put the 50 BTC buy order at bittrex or not? By putting the 50 BTC buy order you would do not only hype making with a new nick, but could act and show real support for the coin and most importantly you could have my cheap coins what you wanted.

If you can find someone that's willing to gift me 50 BTC then I'd be happy to buy them but otherwise, we're both out of luck because my entire cryptocurrency portfolio is only a fraction of that as I tend to put a much larger portion of my money into tangible assets (i.e. precious metals) than I do virtual ones.  

Either way though, it sounds to me as if the fallacious argument that you're trying to make is based upon a false dichotomy (aka a false dilemma).

Pages: « 1 ... 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 [640] 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: