Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:35:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:33:30 PM

I've not been following VRC all that closely...but I've been waiting to get into a few other alts recently (vrc and or cloak). It seems that its lower than its ever been, which is confusing. Can anybody tell me what is actually going on (or correct me if you can)

I know of the MintPal fiasco, then the devs decided to roll back (fork?) the blockchain...which some people dont like (it suggests they could do this in the future/bail out exchanges?)...but apart from that what else is going on?

I thought the work in progress seemed solid, or is another coin doing the same...but better...or is it really down to the decision after the hack?

Genuinely interested, thanks for any honest (non biased) answers.

Cheers

The decline has nothing to do with Mintpal, no one with investment money cares about the Mintpal hack. Investors fed up with the lack of progress and dump the coin. The dump would not matter at all if it would have some interest in the coin, the main problem is that there is no interest in vericoin at all. Actually, it is understandable, because other altcoin projects are progressing nicely and promise more ROI.

I am sure it is a temporary thing, and the very capable Vericoin devs will fix this situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:39:34 PM

I've not been following VRC all that closely...but I've been waiting to get into a few other alts recently (vrc and or cloak). It seems that its lower than its ever been, which is confusing. Can anybody tell me what is actually going on (or correct me if you can)

I know of the MintPal fiasco, then the devs decided to roll back (fork?) the blockchain...which some people dont like (it suggests they could do this in the future/bail out exchanges?)...but apart from that what else is going on?

I thought the work in progress seemed solid, or is another coin doing the same...but better...or is it really down to the decision after the hack?

Cheers

The decline has nothing to do with Mintpal, no one with investment money cares about the Mintpal hack. Investors fed up with the lack of progress and dump the coin. The dump would not matter at all if it would have some interest in the coin, the main problem is that there is no interest in vericoin at all. Actually, it is understandable, because other altcoin projects are progressing nicely and promise more ROI.

I am sure it is a temporary thing, and the very capable Vericoin devs will fix this situation.

you shoulda have sold @40, 30 or 20 k, it seems you got some big headache there  Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:40:48 PM

Cheers

Well if the lack of progress is the problem in a 2month old coin than i should sell my fathers car  and buy vericoin right now because if we have lack of progress now than what acctually you will call the next releases of the devs than ? Overattached programming?.. next weeks will be very exciting stay tuned.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:42:20 PM

Cheers

Well if the lack of progress is the problem in a 2month old coin than i should sell my fathers car  and buy vericoin right now because if we have lack of progress now than what acctually you will call the next releases of the devs than ? Overattached programming?.. next weeks will be very exiting stay tuned.

that is because people think after spending 1 btc in an altcoin they will be millionairs after 1 month

/edit

btw 40.000 btc for alot of promises... i will release ethereum 2.0 or 3.0? soon  Roll Eyes

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:44:27 PM

Cheers

Well if the lack of progress is the problem in a 2month old coin than i should sell my fathers car  and buy vericoin right now because if we have lack of progress now than what acctually you will call the next releases of the devs than ? Overattached programming?.. next weeks will be very exiting stay tuned.

that is because people think after spending 1 btc in an altcoin they will be millionairs after 1 month

And many of those actually lose even that 1 btc.
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:44:49 PM

There seems to be a bit of confusion between what a "market" and an "exchange" ( add to both the "decentralized" adjective and you have the "magic" wand), are.

If we are talking the former (market), there are plenty of examples of FAILED marketplaces already, both within the platform of coins and out of them. The idea of a crypto-based ebay, as opposed to Pay-Pal based Ebay, simply doesn't work. Decentralized, even less. Period. Forget it, file, destroy. Never think about it again.

If we are talking about an "exchange" where you can trade crypto for crypto and fiat for crypto and viceversa, we already have several quite established, one partial (Coinbase, only BTC for fiat and viceversa) and one full out (Cryptsy). Now, it seems to me when the adjective, the "magic wand") is added, we are referring to an underground market and/or exchange... and that's just an absurd pipe dream with no viability whatsoever nor practical purpose.

Yes there was -and I understand there still is- Silkroad. And yes, it was/will be put down again and again. There's simply no future in it and, definitely, not for a coin which is bent in reaching mass mainstream adoption and operate within the laws.

So please lets leave the jerking off off the forums and concentrate efforts in what's plausible, doable, effective AND susceptible of actually being use, hopefully by a growing part of the general population. Distracting the devs with "magic wands" that will never be viable is simply counter productive.

And, once again worth repeating: There's no direct fiat integration without real world, costly LEGAL authorization. Nor there's need for it: Go to Cryptsy and you have it already made.

The price -only concern of posters here, really- will move not on absurd hype about future "magic wand" releases, but on seamless working of current ones and signs of progress toward mainstream adoption. That's job 1.

And VRC is doing an extremely POOR job of it, by the way... partly, I believe, because of those constant, never-ending distractions.

Go to merchants and offer the obvious strength of VRC: 20 million (roughly 80% of all coins) coins staking meaning thousands of not just potential but SURE customers when they can buy YOUR products and services with VRC. Just like the community is staking in amazingly huge numbers at the request of the devs, they would purchase those goods and services when prompted to do so and allowed to do so. One thousand, two thousand customers are, can be, the strongest customer support any medium/small business can have. A very desirable customer base for business of ANY size. The adoption WILL happen... if offered properly.

But no one is doing that. No one at all. It is, obviously, much easier to post here asking for "magic wands" on which to unload the bags.

Once again, nature of the beast... and reason why, mainstreamwise, crypto is at a stalemate. Just like VRC.

-First of all it sounds great. Just offer merchants to accept VRC. Why should they not take LTC or Dogecoin or oh wait.. Just Bitcoin? Why not just pay with VeriBit? All these coins are much more mainstream while VRC is very special. On top they are very stable compared to VRC. It will take a long time until a customer even had heard about VRC. Offering VRC to merchants would skip at least 3 steps for my understanding.

Exchange:
You don't understand the advantage of a true decentralized exchange don't you? Cryptsy has a bad reputation under the community. Mt.Gox stole/lost Million of $ worth of BTC as well as FIAT. Mintpal got robbed. Poloniex got robbed several times. BTC-e could be closed over night because nobody knows where or what they really are.
What's the problem about these exchanges? Yes they are centralized. These exchanges will always have trouble securing assets. A true decentralized exchange would take out all this risks. You could still lose your assets if somebody steals it from you. But this is your own fault in the end.

Markets:
I agree with you, it's really hard to create a p2p Market. But who says it has to be shady and underground style? I think you misunderstood what p2p in the end stands for. It doesn't many illegal, criminal or underground. There will be rules for sure in a successful Market for sure to prevent illegal activities like it happened on Silkroad. And Silkroad was also centralized.

Read what Ethereum is and understand why the dev team already collected over 14 Million $ in Bitcoin. And they haven't even shown a working product. And people still buy Ethereum in a presale like mad.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:45:55 PM

Cheers

Well if the lack of progress is the problem in a 2month old coin than i should sell my fathers car  and buy vericoin right now because if we have lack of progress now than what acctually you will call the next releases of the devs than ? Overattached programming?.. next weeks will be very exiting stay tuned.

And many of those actually lose even that 1 btc.

true story  Grin

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:46:28 PM

Cheers

you shoulda have sold @40, 30 or 20 k, it seems you got some big headache there  Cheesy

The size of the headache is getting less, it is only 300K vericoin already, but it is still more a brain tumor than a headache :-))
Reavon

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:54:19 PM

I would ask our big investors to colaborate a little and figure out a marketing plan for our coin . If you arnt already do, just my .02 vrc

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:16:18 PM

Hi guys.

How do you go about finding out how many vrc are staking? Is there a command for the wallet?

Cheers

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:33:27 PM

I would ask our big investors to colaborate a little and figure out a marketing plan for our coin . If you arnt already do, just my .02 vrc

This is exactly what people started asking for in the Quark thread 6 months ago. Where is QRK now? Exactly where it was six months ago.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:34:51 PM

Hi guys.

How do you go about finding out how many vrc are staking? Is there a command for the wallet?

Cheers

You can roll-over the Vericoin icon like this:

Also you can use this link: http://vrcstake.ticonerd.com/
ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:39:45 PM

Hi guys.

Cheers

You can roll-over the Vericoin icon like this:

Also you can use this link: http://vrcstake.ticonerd.com/
cheers  Smiley

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

melfrecords

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:21:09 PM

My wallet is stuck synchronizing at (currently) 2206 blocks remaining. I am facing this sync issue since a few days.

My config file contains the 5 supernodes and I just added 'addnode=107.170.140.210', but this makes no difference.

Any recommendations to solve this sync issue ?

Thanks in advance.

you're probably better off asking in the irc channel.  eventually someone will help you in there.

Sad Sad Sad
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:51:35 PM

My wallet is stuck synchronizing at (currently) 2206 blocks remaining. I am facing this sync issue since a few days.

My config file contains the 5 supernodes and I just added 'addnode=107.170.140.210', but this makes no difference.

Thanks in advance.

you're probably better off asking in the irc channel.  eventually someone will help you in there.

Sad Sad Sad

Yes the IRC is much more helpful and civilized then this thread but to answer your question you may have to delete everything in your appdat/roaming/vericoin folder EXCEPT for your wallet.dat file, make a back up of your wallet.dat file and restart the wallet if that doesn't help repeat the process BUT before restarting the wallet make sure you uninstall the wallet from C:/programfiles (x86)/vericoin and then reinstall the wallet from vericoin.info

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:00:04 PM

OMG! Is it a bird? A plane? No!... Someone actually bought some VRC!!!!!!
melfrecords

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:03:19 PM

Thanks in advance.

Sad Sad Sad

Yes the IRC is much more helpful and civilized then this thread but to answer your question you may have to delete everything in your appdat/roaming/vericoin folder EXCEPT for your wallet.dat file, make a back up of your wallet.dat file and restart the wallet if that doesn't help repeat the process BUT before restarting the wallet make sure you uninstall the wallet from C:/programfiles (x86)/vericoin and then reinstall the wallet from vericoin.info

Thanks for the suggestions mate! I will surely try these steps.

Smiley
Reavon

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:23:00 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 07:36:41 PM by Reavon

This is exactly what people started asking for in the Quark thread 6 months ago. Where is QRK now? Exactly where it was six months ago.

Well if comparing coins we do. Than lets mention dogecoin .
They did marketing and it worked , i dont say we should do it now.
But later when our coin is more loaded with cool features like decentralized exchange.

Let me explain you how good marketing would work than.
First of all i want you to  understand how bad coinbase bitpay and co is for crypto.

The idea of Bitcoin was to decentralise money so everyone can have his own vault of value at home and nobody but your self can access it.
It turned out bitcoin transactions are to slow to work good in real work applications , so bank like institutions where created like bitpay where bitcoin transactions where made instant by dealing them centralised in a inner ledger and promising costumers to give them their bitcoin back when ever they want. But as long as those customers keep bitcoins on those exchanges and use the instant transaction service , they dont trade bitcoins to each other. They trade a promise from bitpay. And do you know a promise from bank is worth? Right . shit.

So in order to use real valued stuff we need to use cryptocoins to send each other value without any middlemen AND it should be fast. We dont need crypto exchanges  , we need nerdy tricky stuff to swap that directly without a middlemen involved.

Several centurys ago bank did that shit with gold , what coinbase and bitpay do with Bitcoin and thats how fiatmoney was created the biggest scam in human history!!! Enslavement.

If we let them do it again people soon will wonder hmm... Why again we use bitcoin trusts? ? Its the same fiat shit again.
So to prevent this we need to be able to put a blockchain above bitcoins blockchain which is faster doesnt consume so much power and is as safe as bitcoin. And i want vericoin to be that blockcain above bitcoins and we are doing the right stuff in the right direction with veriBit.

As soon as we have a decentralised exchange, vericoin can ensure merchants they can recive fast transaction vericoin due to buisness hours and than if they feel safer with bitcoin convert their vrc on the dec-ex into bitcoin and simontaniously give vrc for those who want buy with fast transactions tommorrow .Win Win and no bitpay scammer bastard is needed. With smart contract we could even help the goverment by ensuring contracts that would fucking lead our all economy in a new age where we have less law suits about this shit. We tax payers would safe soooooo much money and no inflasion anymore.

So what i want to say is . bitcoin really is Gold and but we need something fast as cash and vericoin can be its cash . we as a cryptocommunity , and i am not speaking only for vericoin right now, need to prevent to get scammed by banks again keep our crypto on our own usb sticks.

So pls devs make that happen ! Free the world once again from scammers (banks) and i am sure satoshi nakamoto would be proud of you.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
                ████████████
                                                ██
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:23:28 PM

Cheers

IMO the roll back was a huge setback to this coin, now given their options at the time... roll back vs double spends or worse. I think they chose the lessor of two evils.

But it brings up the question, could other devs for other coins roll back the block chain as well? This could be a HUGE trust issue when dealing with insidious devs.

Also it appears the wikipedia page for VRC has been deleted due to poor sources. It was done late last month, this could be corrected as soon as possible.

Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:16:27 PM

There is a big big demand to get an exchange in which assets are not steal able. Neither by the people running the exchange neither by hackers. The single point of failure hurt a lot of people. There is no exchange I am currently trusting. Mt. Gox, Poloniex, Mintpal and other have proven again and again there will also be a point of failure. In the end it doesn't matter if a Government, an admin or an Hacker creates this situation where assets are gone.

You are absolutely right in emphasizing the importance of a blockchain 2 app, you are also absolutely right that the devs should forget all meaningless features and focus on the blockcain 2 function and it would be great if you could get this message through to the DEVs. Personally I think a decentralized market place, like a next decentralized Ebay that uses vericoin would be significantly bigger than a decentralized exchange, plus as users would trade with vericoin in the decentralized market place the demand for vericoin and consequently the price would sky rocket. Having said that, obviously the decentralized exchange would be great as well. Basically, any applications would be great that can be labelled as a blockhain 2 application.

Step:
1.) Create a base the exchange could operate on. Possibly a unique Blockchain 2.0 ? I am not sure if a decentralized exchange could even operate on the current blockchain.
 2.) Create the exchange. Just a simple test version integrated into the Vericoin Wallet to find problems.
  3.) Make the exchange accessible over the browser. Create an Veri-exchange only Wallet
   4.) Add Altcoins

That's the main issue, how to achieve step 1.
For example Bitcoin use the OP_RETURN output in the transaction so you could say the bitcoin blockchain supports smart contracts in that sense. It seems to me the VeriCoin raw transaction could have OP_RETURN output as well so it is possible to build blockchain 2 apps on the top of that. At least my understanding was that the bitcoin devs suggest to use the OP_RETURN output and build blockchain 2 features top on that, but I could be wrong. Other projects like Viacoin take a different route and uses existing infrastructure like Counterparty which make sense too. I am sure that will work for them. If I would be the dev I would take the Ethereum route so it would be a contract entity and that could create messages instead of the transaction or collection of the transaction is the contract. In this case I guess you would need a ledger for the contracts, but wouldn't have to mess with the blockchain.

Either way lots of development, but I am sure the talented VeriCoin devs can manage that. If they need help the community could put together a 60-80K fund to hire peoples.

Seems like many are in favor of blockchain 2. Lots of positive requests past few days, keep it up guys !  Cheesy Similar to the roadmap, it would be a good idea to list all the community feature request so that the devs can have a clear outline. We will help move this coin forward. In the long term, decentralized exchange would be ideal, I no longer trust any exchanges with my coins, I buy / trade, move them out to my wallet asap.

Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: