Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:06:17 AM

I will start with a few key points, I could go into detail on many of these issues, but I will try touch on points without going into depth to much at this time.

I think VeriCoin started to go wrong months ago when the game plan was hatched on these forums to gain interest in VeriCoin. If my research at the time was correct the push came for price movement, over core development. At this point is when we started talking about "who is dev 3" roadmaps, and other things generally building a high level of speculation into the coin.

Now, for "x" reason this coin couldn't stop going up for a little over a week, and it was all based on upcoming events, and not released products. At this point. The market gave VeriCoin credibility, You, and the other 2 developers offered something refreshing to many investors, a look into who you where as a person. The market rewarded VeriCoin for what it stood for, and where it was going. Many of us felt the team was honest, and has integrity. Which I feel is 100% accurate today, and why I think this coin can be a winner under proper leadership and guidance.

At this point, IMO. Time seems to verify that we became the target of the get rich quick crowd at our own doing. They quickly realized that you offered something unique and valuable in crypto. A capable team putting out great releases, with the credibility to match. You can see it all to clearly that this coin was manipulated by outsiders, some of which gained the trust of developers, and through that trust, gained the trust of many community members, who they in turn took advantage of for fast profits.

I think at this point, our best bet, as a coin is to say what vericoin is. and what it isn't. A nod to what barb said and that we need to be the good guys, its the only unique feature you may even have in crypto, with first mover advantage, and a incident with MP that didn't kill the coin. If harnessing that energy properly it may be able to propel VeriCoin back to great heights.

To do this I would suggest taking down future roadmaps, getting rid of roadmaps alltogether. Work on more personable pages for the team, for the extended team as well. Figure out a vision of where VeriCoin is in the future, how its successful, and how it gets there.

What do you want the vericoin culture to look like years from now? Start getting those pieces in place. If the community is this strong with 3 devs, and some loosely affiliated community helpers, imagine what a coordinated suite of capable team members would do to confidence in the coin? What about pushing VeriLeaders to be public representatives available through skype and other avenues, I would do it, more than willing. What about helping out all of crypto, instead of carving out a niche. "The good guys" Right? We can support coins and services. Rather than compete. If we cannot put out a better product, by leaps and bounds, let others waste precious time and resources, while we figure out where we can add value to virtual currencies. Making second rate products, making to many products, and leaving things half done will never bring us advantages over coin "x"

VeriCoin needs to streamline what it is. Things that are done, need to be done well from the community projects, to developer projects. Communication during times of significance like this between key investors, and product/service leaders is key to being successful. We can create value that we may have overlooked before being complacent in good times. Now we know that promising things, for the sake of keeping momentum is not the way to go about things.

IMO, we should try a strategy related more closely with finding a vision for vericoin, and putting pieces in place to grow our vision. Do it with the same positive attitude, and integrity that you, and the team have shown through this process and IMO VeriCoin will be rewarded.

I Hope we can start bringing some more sense to what vericoin was, and is. So we can refocus our energy on what will make vericoin overtake bitcoin. We won't beat bitcoin in any technological race, give up that now. You need to beat bitcoin the only way it can be beat, and its a outside chance. We need to be the first to welcome regulation and a face for people to invest in.

Think Winklevoss twins and the upcoming Virtual Currency ETF. We have 6-18 months to make a impact on the only 2 people that matter IMO in crypto right now for us. We have developers in NJ, they are in NY. We are honest, and they will need to diversify. Think how many coins will not meet requirements for that ETF. We need to be one of the coins positioning for this. Take the good guy approach, get us to be the first regulated virtual currency and investors will be rewarded in the end.

If you want me to be more specific in regards to a question Doug, please respond here, or in PM if you wish to discuss this further there.

Impressively unbiased analysis and interesting approach and opinions. I would like you to PM me suggestions that are specific that we can move forward with. This is a nice overview. Thank you.
+1

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

C'mon. .eat my buy order  Roll Eyes
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:11:35 AM

I will start with a few key points, I could go into detail on many of these issues, but I will try touch on points without going into depth to much at this time.

I think VeriCoin started to go wrong months ago when the game plan was hatched on these forums to gain interest in VeriCoin. If my research at the time was correct the push came for price movement, over core development. At this point is when we started talking about "who is dev 3" roadmaps, and other things generally building a high level of speculation into the coin.

Now, for "x" reason this coin couldn't stop going up for a little over a week, and it was all based on upcoming events, and not released products. At this point. The market gave VeriCoin credibility, You, and the other 2 developers offered something refreshing to many investors, a look into who you where as a person. The market rewarded VeriCoin for what it stood for, and where it was going. Many of us felt the team was honest, and has integrity. Which I feel is 100% accurate today, and why I think this coin can be a winner under proper leadership and guidance.

At this point, IMO. Time seems to verify that we became the target of the get rich quick crowd at our own doing. They quickly realized that you offered something unique and valuable in crypto. A capable team putting out great releases, with the credibility to match. You can see it all to clearly that this coin was manipulated by outsiders, some of which gained the trust of developers, and through that trust, gained the trust of many community members, who they in turn took advantage of for fast profits.

I think at this point, our best bet, as a coin is to say what vericoin is. and what it isn't. A nod to what barb said and that we need to be the good guys, its the only unique feature you may even have in crypto, with first mover advantage, and a incident with MP that didn't kill the coin. If harnessing that energy properly it may be able to propel VeriCoin back to great heights.

To do this I would suggest taking down future roadmaps, getting rid of roadmaps alltogether. Work on more personable pages for the team, for the extended team as well. Figure out a vision of where VeriCoin is in the future, how its successful, and how it gets there.

What do you want the vericoin culture to look like years from now? Start getting those pieces in place. If the community is this strong with 3 devs, and some loosely affiliated community helpers, imagine what a coordinated suite of capable team members would do to confidence in the coin? What about pushing VeriLeaders to be public representatives available through skype and other avenues, I would do it, more than willing. What about helping out all of crypto, instead of carving out a niche. "The good guys" Right? We can support coins and services. Rather than compete. If we cannot put out a better product, by leaps and bounds, let others waste precious time and resources, while we figure out where we can add value to virtual currencies. Making second rate products, making to many products, and leaving things half done will never bring us advantages over coin "x"

VeriCoin needs to streamline what it is. Things that are done, need to be done well from the community projects, to developer projects. Communication during times of significance like this between key investors, and product/service leaders is key to being successful. We can create value that we may have overlooked before being complacent in good times. Now we know that promising things, for the sake of keeping momentum is not the way to go about things.

IMO, we should try a strategy related more closely with finding a vision for vericoin, and putting pieces in place to grow our vision. Do it with the same positive attitude, and integrity that you, and the team have shown through this process and IMO VeriCoin will be rewarded.

I Hope we can start bringing some more sense to what vericoin was, and is. So we can refocus our energy on what will make vericoin overtake bitcoin. We won't beat bitcoin in any technological race, give up that now. You need to beat bitcoin the only way it can be beat, and its a outside chance. We need to be the first to welcome regulation and a face for people to invest in.

Think Winklevoss twins and the upcoming Virtual Currency ETF. We have 6-18 months to make a impact on the only 2 people that matter IMO in crypto right now for us. We have developers in NJ, they are in NY. We are honest, and they will need to diversify. Think how many coins will not meet requirements for that ETF. We need to be one of the coins positioning for this. Take the good guy approach, get us to be the first regulated virtual currency and investors will be rewarded in the end.

If you want me to be more specific in regards to a question Doug, please respond here, or in PM if you wish to discuss this further there.

Impressive !

+1
fullintegrity

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:17:18 AM

wallet not working, not able to transfer coins to even get out. just spins out of sync, amazingly not cool, last transfer i had was 7/9. Any ideas to get to sync? Thanks

1Lfx2Dv69BUgs5v18LtcLqFYKuiJvhxPYh
MAD945

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:31:37 AM

wallet not working, not able to transfer coins to even get out. just spins out of sync, amazingly not cool, last transfer i had was 7/9. Any ideas to get to sync? Thanks

Is your wallet up to date?
parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:32:54 AM

Roll Eyes
warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:33:35 AM

wow its simply just a war zone here ,theres no hope for this thread ,its purely counter productive... no wonder the price isn't healthy.. say what u will,blame it on who ever you like, the devs, the this ,the that. this thread is hurting vericoin no matter how u look at it...

congrats

This thread has nothing to do with the price.  The market is controlled by whales and there not in this coin.  New investors with new money is needed outside of BTC how to do that is turn cash into Vericoin until then until some news comes out that makes the whales want to pump this coin then its just going to keep on with the slow bleed.  Its a sad state but thats crypto. If you notice there only about 3 FUDers saying what ever they say writing books in each post.  I don't understand their agenda but what ever.  Just hope this coin goes to the value it deserves cause the price of this coin reflect the shitty state of crypto.
ereborltc

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:48:39 AM

best comment I've read on this thread in a long time... hope you guys are talking Smiley

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:00:44 AM

Like I have said before a million times. I have been saying the same things for months, to no avail.

Thankfully, Buy4Crypto -now- GETS it. Better late then never.
MAD945

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:13:53 AM

Like I have said before a million times. I have been saying the same things for months, to no avail.

Are you fucking kidding me?
ereborltc

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:23:45 AM

see the positive response he got? you should take example from how he worded himself..

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:07:41 AM

see the positive response he got? you should take example from how he worded himself..

The devs needed a few more punches to be almost KO. They got them, hence the response.

Meaningless, you'll see.

ereborltc

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:24:44 AM

The devs needed a few more punches to be almost KO. They got them, hence the response.

Meaningless, you'll see.

it was a great post , summed it all up pretty nicely and had good input, hope it wasn't meaningless...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:03:51 AM

Meaningless, you'll see.

it was a great post , summed it all up pretty nicely and had good input, hope it wasn't meaningless...

The post wasn't. The repercussions will be.
Arsène Lupin

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 07:37:24 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 07:55:08 AM by Arsène Lupin

http://i58.tinypic.com/2z9bb7o.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/280r334.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/e9jlti.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/e8v3o4.jpg
ereborltc

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:41:58 AM

what? lol ^^^

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:43:07 AM

aaaaaand.....Huh??

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:48:04 AM

Quick question for you...when do you think Crypto Currency will become mainstream?

He answered your questions perfectly...let me clarify it for you!

1. No bailouts...as in no big banks being bailed out for breaking the law, No Hyper-inflation...20% decrease in buying power a year with USD, No Fees or Much less and No Conterfeiting...as in fraud.

So you prefer 80% decrease in buying power a month?? Please explain because I can´t believe you´re so retarded

USD has been decreasing for over +50 years...this currency has only been around for 3.5 months my friend, I'm not worried! This market is volatile, bitcoin is a prime example of what can happen.

Your $100 USD dollars today would be worth $10 in 1950

Now this is A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM, here, when people as smart as a hammer pretend to offer "lessons".

No, the US dollar hasn't been "decreasing for over +50 (sic) years..." the US dollar's VALUE has been decreasing for over 120 years. In my raw paper I briefly (and accurately), I explained this in layman's terms with three separate period/examples. Still, this idiot manages to confuse the issue enough to make it meaningless.

And then, the kicker: "Your US 100 dollars today would be worth $10 in 1950" which not only is an illiterate way to write but also confuses even more the subject not only because what's written is absurd but because, even when ordered grammatically in a correct manner (as in "$10 in 1950 would have bought what today costs $100"), it is a fallacy. Not true at all. The internet is full of detailed research into the matter and no, in the last 65 years the dollars has NOT lost 90% of it's value as this individual implies, not even close to that.

Therefore, an argument otherwise significant and valid -again, as posted in the WVD pamphlet-, gets idiotically diluted when presented in such clumsy and lying manner.
ereborltc

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:56:24 AM

why u so angry?! lol

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:04:29 AM

aaaaaand.....Huh??

I think you're meant to read the Trollbox conversation about an 'Angel Investor'.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Pages: « 1 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: