Bitcoin Forum
October 10, 2026, 10:20:26 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 502 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1153891 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chilly2k
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:06:44 AM
 #1901

Note the diff in usernames, I'm not him, but...

"Expression of Religious Freedom: Invisible Pink Unicorn"

Wtf.
I've maintained a pretty tough skin as far as this thread goes.....up until now. This attack upon the Invisible Pink Unicorn is going too far.

LMFAO...   Good one.

dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335



View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:58:11 AM
 #1902

if i dont have much coins about 60 only...is it impossible to stake it right?

No, it's still possible.

At the moment, the network stake weight is around 280k. So your 60 is 1/4667 th of the total.

That means you can expect to earn 1 CLAM every 4667 minutes or so.

That's once per 77.77 hours, or 3.25 days.

Luck plays a huge part, but that's the kind of staking frequency you can expect with 60 CLAMs.

Sounds about right, I have like 85 and staked two in a bit less than a week.

I just checked 'getstakinginfo' again. The network weight reported has gone up 10%:

before:    "netstakeweight" : 281163.55080207,
after:     "netstakeweight" : 317170.45397439,

So clearly any estimates I make will be just that. The network weight itself is just an estimate, based on how long the last bunch of blocks took to find, and their difficulty.

It's not possible to know the real network stake weight - just like it's not possible to know the global Bitcoin hashrate. All we can do is estimate it based on the network difficulty.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SuperClam (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002


CLAM Developer


View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 07:11:30 AM
 #1903

Note the diff in usernames, I'm not him, but...
"Expression of Religious Freedom: Invisible Pink Unicorn"
Wtf.
I've maintained a pretty tough skin as far as this thread goes.....up until now. This attack upon the Invisible Pink Unicorn is going too far.

Prospect, for your reading pleasure:
Wikipedia - List of Spiritual Traditions
Wikipedia - Invisible Pink Unicorn



Maybe you would prefer if we declare you the global authority on what constitutes the "serious", "one true" faith?

Would it make you feel less uncomfortable if we let you censor and pick favorites among the list?



You appear to have either missed, or willfully ignored, the entire point of CLAMspeech.

You are encouraged to read:
EFF, reddit, Internet Archive Comments on the NYDFS BitLicense
Specifically, "III. The BitLicense Proposal Licenses Speech, and Must Respect the Well Established Legal Limitations on Prior Restraints".



So far two Charities now accept CLAM. I personally believe that both of these are OP worthy!  
______________________________
The widely known SeansOutpost now has a CLAM address that we can all donate to.  
x9RFmWHjGXDgUqpXz6jTxp6XVHFcjkfjQb
Proof of ownership:
12/26/2014
Just-dice troll box
22:14:09 (412848) <SeansOutpost> KK, Sean's Outpost CLAM address is... [x9RFmWHj]
(Seans will not be able to add the address publicly until they all vote it at a board meeting. Adding it to the OP will be one of the only ways ppl can find it.)
______________________________
Dabs has been a member of the Bitcoin community for some time and I've always been personally impressed with him + he just comes off as a fuck of a guy.  He runs a food charity in the Philippines.
xGyiXkSUzGLmaCYr9FtnEALGzx1RdvKTXc
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300631.0

Created a new section in the links area; added the above two charities.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
rocoro
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:06:59 PM
 #1904

My last 7 stakes were "generated but not accepted" - shown in the transactions section,  you have to look there for it doesn't show on the main screen.

Seems staking this coin has become too difficult / not viable.

Are any solutions to this in the works?

Deathwing
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1329


Stultorum infinitus est numerus


View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 02:31:19 PM
 #1905

Really cool coin, with the support of Just-Dice. I see a potential.
almightyruler
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1092


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:05:49 PM
 #1906

My last 7 stakes were "generated but not accepted" - shown in the transactions section,  you have to look there for it doesn't show on the main screen.

Seems staking this coin has become too difficult / not viable.

Are any solutions to this in the works?



This seems a bit odd. I checked back 100 stakes and there has not been a single orphan. Doesn't sound right if you've had 7 in a row.

Now that I look more closely, none of the 368 transactions in my list - the majority being stakes - are showing as an orphan, or 0 confirmations. I wonder if I'm just lucky, or whether the text-only daemon is suppressing them for some reason.
dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335



View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:35:14 PM
 #1907

My last 7 stakes were "generated but not accepted" - shown in the transactions section,  you have to look there for it doesn't show on the main screen.

That sounds like your clock is wrong.

Can you check it against an accurate source and confirm that it's off by more than a few seconds?

Also, can you provide the block hashes and timestamps? I'll check the JD logs to see if we saw the blocks, and if so why we rejected them.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
rocoro
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:35:58 PM
 #1908

My last 7 stakes were "generated but not accepted" - shown in the transactions section,  you have to look there for it doesn't show on the main screen.

Seems staking this coin has become too difficult / not viable.

Are any solutions to this in the works?



This seems a bit odd. I checked back 100 stakes and there has not been a single orphan. Doesn't sound right if you've had 7 in a row.

Now that I look more closely, none of the 368 transactions in my list - the majority being stakes - are showing as an orphan, or 0 confirmations. I wonder if I'm just lucky, or whether the text-only daemon is suppressing them for some reason.

Well, they were not really right in a row.. but close.  I will try to post a screenshot soon

Edit: screenshot.. 


The greyed-out ones are them...  there were a couple more down the list further too.


rocoro
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:44:33 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 05:03:06 PM by rocoro
 #1909

My last 7 stakes were "generated but not accepted" - shown in the transactions section,  you have to look there for it doesn't show on the main screen.

That sounds like your clock is wrong.

Can you check it against an accurate source and confirm that it's off by more than a few seconds?

Also, can you provide the block hashes and timestamps? I'll check the JD logs to see if we saw the blocks, and if so why we rejected them.


Thanks, I'll try to check my clock too!

Edit:



Should clock be ok now?



548845
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:03:14 PM
 #1910

Hi guys,

New to alt-coins here.

May I ask a few things?

How can one mine for CLAMS?

Also, if I understand correctly:
I import the private key to one of my BTC wallets that had coins in it once in the CLAMS wallet, and I receive CLAMS for free?
Or does that not work anymore?

Sorry I only read the OP, I didn't go through the whole thread, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks  Cheesy

 
picolo
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500



View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:11:45 PM
 #1911

Hi guys,

New to alt-coins here.

May I ask a few things?

How can one mine for CLAMS?

Also, if I understand correctly:
I import the private key to one of my BTC wallets that had coins in it once in the CLAMS wallet, and I receive CLAMS for free?
Or does that not work anymore?

Sorry I only read the OP, I didn't go through the whole thread, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks  Cheesy

 

Private keys to get CLAM still work. You can dig them on the just-dice chat too. You get coins with a Proof of Stake
BayAreaCoins
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4648
Merit: 1404


AltQuick.com Owner


View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 05:25:13 PM
 #1912

Hi guys,

New to alt-coins here.

May I ask a few things?

How can one mine for CLAMS?

Also, if I understand correctly:
I import the private key to one of my BTC wallets that had coins in it once in the CLAMS wallet, and I receive CLAMS for free?
Or does that not work anymore?

Sorry I only read the OP, I didn't go through the whole thread, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks  Cheesy

 

There isn't traditional mining.

You earn your CLAMS through digging them off BTC, LTC or DOGE addresses that were in use May 12th 2014.  You can still use your old miners to mine other coins, sell for BTC and then purchase CLAM.  

This is both helpful for BTC and CLAM.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - A Bitcoin-based exchange for Altcoins, Signet, & Bitcoin Testnet (no fiat, stables, or KYC) - PGP D2F6EB9E127D75D6F994BA5F6862DDA3084922EE
BayAreaCoins
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4648
Merit: 1404


AltQuick.com Owner


View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 05:27:54 PM
 #1913

New service

https://bleutrade.com/

Bleutrade has listed CLAM this morning for the following markets:

BTC / CLAM
BTC / LTC
BTC / DOGE
CLAM / USD
CLAM / HTML5

Bleutrade is a startup focused on cryptocurrency exchange based in Brazil, Porto Digital (Recife/Pernambuco), a leading technology hubs in Latin America known as the brazilian Silicon Valley. Our goal is to be one of the most secure, fast and stable cryptocurrency exchange in the international market , providing the best user experience.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - A Bitcoin-based exchange for Altcoins, Signet, & Bitcoin Testnet (no fiat, stables, or KYC) - PGP D2F6EB9E127D75D6F994BA5F6862DDA3084922EE
548845
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:29:12 PM
 #1914

Hi guys,

New to alt-coins here.

May I ask a few things?

How can one mine for CLAMS?

Also, if I understand correctly:
I import the private key to one of my BTC wallets that had coins in it once in the CLAMS wallet, and I receive CLAMS for free?
Or does that not work anymore?

Sorry I only read the OP, I didn't go through the whole thread, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks  Cheesy

 

There isn't traditional mining.

You earn your CLAMS through digging them off BTC, LTC or DOGE addresses that were in use May 12th 2014.  You can still use your old miners to mine other coins, sell for BTC and then purchase CLAM.  

This is both helpful for BTC and CLAM.

Stupid question:
My BTC addresses are much older than that.
I suspect it still works right?

And from what I have read on one of the OP's posts, it is OK for me to empty them before I import the private key right?

Many thanks  Cheesy
BayAreaCoins
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4648
Merit: 1404


AltQuick.com Owner


View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 05:32:36 PM
 #1915

Stupid question:
My BTC addresses are much older than that.
I suspect it still works right?

And from what I have read on one of the OP's posts, it is OK for me to empty them before I import the private key right?

Many thanks  Cheesy

Always be sure to empty the wallet of BTC, LTC or DOGE before claiming your CLAM.

It can be as old as it possibly could as long as it was funded on May 12th 2014 Cheesy.

So be sure to move the coins to a safe place prior to digging and once you dig consider the address compromised.

GL Smiley

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - A Bitcoin-based exchange for Altcoins, Signet, & Bitcoin Testnet (no fiat, stables, or KYC) - PGP D2F6EB9E127D75D6F994BA5F6862DDA3084922EE
rocoro
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:33:23 PM
 #1916

Hi guys,

New to alt-coins here.

May I ask a few things?

How can one mine for CLAMS?

 

You supposedly can Stake / mint new coins from the client.  

But recently, I have been getting "generated but not accepted" ..
due to I think too much competition / difficulty to stake.

So if you have a small amount,  you might not be able to stake.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4648
Merit: 1404


AltQuick.com Owner


View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 05:44:48 PM
 #1917

New service

https://bleutrade.com/

Bleutrade has listed CLAM this morning for the following markets:

BTC / CLAM
BTC / LTC
BTC / DOGE
CLAM / USD
CLAM / HTML5

Bleutrade is a startup focused on cryptocurrency exchange based in Brazil, Porto Digital (Recife/Pernambuco), a leading technology hubs in Latin America known as the brazilian Silicon Valley. Our goal is to be one of the most secure, fast and stable cryptocurrency exchange in the international market , providing the best user experience.

I haven't tried these folks out yet, but will later today.

Any other feedback would be great.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - A Bitcoin-based exchange for Altcoins, Signet, & Bitcoin Testnet (no fiat, stables, or KYC) - PGP D2F6EB9E127D75D6F994BA5F6862DDA3084922EE
chilly2k
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:54:50 PM
 #1918

New service

https://bleutrade.com/

Bleutrade has listed CLAM this morning for the following markets:

BTC / CLAM
BTC / LTC
BTC / DOGE
CLAM / USD
CLAM / HTML5

Bleutrade is a startup focused on cryptocurrency exchange based in Brazil, Porto Digital (Recife/Pernambuco), a leading technology hubs in Latin America known as the brazilian Silicon Valley. Our goal is to be one of the most secure, fast and stable cryptocurrency exchange in the international market , providing the best user experience.

I haven't tried these folks out yet, but will later today.

Any other feedback would be great.

   I've been on there about 6 weeks, so far they have a stable system.  Lower trade volume but it is improving. And they have a very good API.  Data seems to be real time not delayed.   

rocoro
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:59:35 PM
 #1919

New service

https://bleutrade.com/

Bleutrade has listed CLAM this morning for the following markets:

BTC / CLAM
BTC / LTC
BTC / DOGE
CLAM / USD
CLAM / HTML5

Bleutrade is a startup focused on cryptocurrency exchange based in Brazil, Porto Digital (Recife/Pernambuco), a leading technology hubs in Latin America known as the brazilian Silicon Valley. Our goal is to be one of the most secure, fast and stable cryptocurrency exchange in the international market , providing the best user experience.

I haven't tried these folks out yet, but will later today.

Any other feedback would be great.


Looks interesting,  thanks for pointing it out

548845
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:13:21 PM
 #1920

Stupid question:
My BTC addresses are much older than that.
I suspect it still works right?

And from what I have read on one of the OP's posts, it is OK for me to empty them before I import the private key right?

Many thanks  Cheesy

Always be sure to empty the wallet of BTC, LTC or DOGE before claiming your CLAM.

It can be as old as it possibly could as long as it was funded on May 12th 2014 Cheesy.

So be sure to move the coins to a safe place prior to digging and once you dig consider the address compromised.

GL Smiley

I though as much  Wink

Thanks  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 502 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!