Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:12:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:36:23 AM

I'm also curious.. Will there be some marketing soon or are we waiting for a more stable product? Such as a permanent fix..
Best regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:42:41 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 07:59:33 AM by 5000Bitcoins

After the stable version released, we need some marketing activity I think.
Any plan about this? Not so many people know xcr atm. Smiley

"Build it and they will come."

That being said, I posted a discussion thread, although met with low interest I will keep updating it with solid new info in other section of community (alternative currencies) because it don't get pushed to 2nd page in 2 seconds, and is not filled with as many trolls as ANN section, just to get some discussion and invite new forgers.

That being said, I am still of belief supernet is a good suppliment for both snet and Crypti, and will bring some marketing in itself, transactions for forgers to fee and a stronger network, exposure to new developers and general interest in product. I will think of other things to do marketing myself, I hope someone can make a windows forging video for starters, the process itself is very simple that's just what I want to showcase, that you don't need $8000 of mining hardware to be able to earn on the network expanding and increasing in value.  Smiley

I think the real marketing can begin when we have custom made blockchains then we need to make a strong push to get developers to build on top of it, businesses and customers willing to try the innovation out and see it for what it is. I want strong userbase, happy forgers, healthy network. These my three keypoints and I will do my best to fill them, since I am not tech I cant contribute to other things. I believe by doing so, we need to try unorthodox and different methods aswell as adapt constantly to stay viable, as not to say compete against ETH who get self fulfilling marketing, even they have not shown product but have been slowly hyped since January, my point being we need to be different to make our innovation heard, and be willing to have openminds in expanding.

I think and what I posted in my thread as discussion points https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=821046 are good grounds for discussion but also as marketing.
Then again I am not tech so what I need is elaboration in these points to form a deeper understanding hence why I started discussion about it.

#1 Node.js vs Java or other protocols?
#2 Mining vs forging?
#3 PoS vs forging?
#4 Elaboration on in which fields CMB technology can be useful, and to what levels the technology can reach
#5 CMB vs other equivalents?

being my points of discussion, aswell as marketing it's pros and cons and weigh them against other alternatives to show XCRs power.
Because for someone who's not deep into tech, there needs simpler explanations, just like when I stumble upon bitcoin it took me months to realize what even blockchain technology can do , and many people explaining in different simple and indepth ways and I am still learning everyday different things it can do, such needs CMBs to market and understandable, so aswell can pitch it to businesses and VCs and normal people, to understand it's ultimate use & innovation.

In start it will have just tech people, but imagine in a years time a company building their whole business on top of CMBs, or any other blockchain tech.
It can disrupt existing billion dollar businesses, with simple escrows, bills, deals or whatever rule you want to apply to it or aim to achieve
For it to happend, needs to display functionality and usage in different/unorthodox ways to reach end customer and really make a difference.
But all starts by getting noticed in the very scene we are in, then we can intercept other infrastructures, as such I believe supernet will be of mutual benefit.
Because when CMBs rolls out we are first on market and that's our advantage over ETH, since they got the huge IPO advantage.
If we don't do what we can to stay viable, XCR will not persay "lose" because of it, we can always get free marketing from ETH if they suceed (like btc and ltc), but if we are first in showcasing the strengths of CMBs, we can be 1ST and compete & overcome money advantage, otherwise it will be harder, but not impossible.

Now I don't say they are the same projects, they are very different, but at first glance for someone outside it may seem so, and businesses/customers will be more reluctant to try out a project who's raised a few mil and have some media coverage, so I stand my view that we need some unorthodox marketing and openness to try out different things to achieve our goals, maybe we are aiming at a certain market today, but in a months time we realize we need to penetrate another market with CMBs innovations, f.ex.

I think advantage is being able to adapt, in constantly changing cryptomarket, ETH devs will probably be scared to touch code like BTC devs, with as many eyes on them as they have one wrong step nearly kills project, whilst we can be the hardworking underdogs willing to try out everything in power to suceed
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:04:46 AM

I invested in the SuperNET pre-sale and hope it does well. I have corresponded with jl777 on possibly integrating it into a coinbox project a group of us are working on. I consider anonymity and privacy in commerce to be a very important feature, though it is not our main focus in Crypti. Integration of Crypti in SuperNET is being considered, but improving scalability for the Crypti network has been the overriding priority of late.

I very much agree with the philosophy of working with other projects towards a synergistic improvement in progress.

I shot you a PM
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:50:50 AM

Think we should be open for any type of cooperation. I would very much like Crypti working together with other projects like Storj and integration with SuperNet could also be useful in the long run.
BTW, nice to have you in community 5000Bitcoins, it seems you can contribute to Crypti. Keep us informed on your thoughts and ideas.
LetMeKnow

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:55:16 AM

Quoted from J1777 post above:

Anyway, I am glad 5000bitcoins is open minded enough to actually learn about SuperNET before making any decisions. Does any other network allow routing to an address without any node actually knowing its IP address (without broadcasting)? This is just one feature of SuperNET and it is continually being improved.

I dont think that James realizes that Crypti is not meant to be in any way an anonymous network.  Crypti is to have VERIFIED MERCHANTS. The process is still in debate for verification, but it will be complete enough so that a user will be absolutely sure who they are sending their coins to, and they will have an opportunity to call back the transaction within a certain time limit.  There is even plans for in-wallet escrow services.  

I like the idea implementing a verified merchant accounts in a way that buyer knows exactly who is sending money to. That said there is one issue i would like to adress. If buyer knows merchant Crypti account he knows all merchant transactions and therefore income generated, via blockchain. I dont think any merchant would actually want that. So some kind of anon has to be implemented to make this work.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 09:16:56 AM

Quoted from J1777 post above:

Anyway, I am glad 5000bitcoins is open minded enough to actually learn about SuperNET before making any decisions. Does any other network allow routing to an address without any node actually knowing its IP address (without broadcasting)? This is just one feature of SuperNET and it is continually being improved.

I dont think that James realizes that Crypti is not meant to be in any way an anonymous network.  Crypti is to have VERIFIED MERCHANTS. The process is still in debate for verification, but it will be complete enough so that a user will be absolutely sure who they are sending their coins to, and they will have an opportunity to call back the transaction within a certain time limit.  There is even plans for in-wallet escrow services.  

I like the idea implementing a verified merchant accounts in a way that buyer knows exactly who is sending money to. That said there is one issue i would like to adress. If buyer knows merchant Crypti account he knows all merchant transactions and therefore income generated, via blockchain. I dont think any merchant would actually want that. So some kind of anon has to be implemented to make this work.

I don't see why it would be a problem for merchants to have people able to check how much they take. It wouldn't be showing their profits or necessarily which items were being sold, which might be more sensitive, just purely their turnover.
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:32:34 AM

I don't see why it would be a problem for merchants to have people able to check how much they take. It wouldn't be showing their profits or necessarily which items were being sold, which might be more sensitive, just purely their turnover.
It's actually a huge problem. For a business privacy is paramount, much more than to an avarage individual. Transparency is not good for business.

Just one example: Let's say I'm running a succesful shop built on crypti, selling amazon gift cards. When somebody else have the same idea, the first thing they do is check out the competition. How much business they do? That much? Let's do it then. Also, let's get in touch with their costumers and offer them a 10% discount to try us out. If crypti will have  messaging built in, this would be trivially easy.
LetMeKnow

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:44:43 AM

It's actually a huge problem. For a business privacy is paramount, much more than to an avarage individual. Transparency is not good for business.

Just one example: Let's say I'm running a succesful shop built on crypti, selling amazon gift cards. When somebody else have the same idea, the first thing they do is check out the competition. How much business they do? That much? Let's do it then. Also, let's get in touch with their costumers and offer them a 10% discount to try us out. If crypti will have  messaging built in, this would be trivially easy.

Certainly transparent transactions are not good at all. That is why anonimity will have to be implemented to secure info on accounts .
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:16:34 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 12:37:24 PM by 5000Bitcoins

Just one example: Let's say I'm running a succesful shop built on crypti, selling amazon gift cards. When somebody else have the same idea, the first thing they do is check out the competition. How much business they do? That much? Let's do it then. Also, let's get in touch with their costumers and offer them a 10% discount to try us out. If crypti will have  messaging built in, this would be trivially easy.

I agree and disagree, while I'm not an authority on the question I do run my own business.

Just cuz you replicate someones idea and give a better price, it does not necessarily mean that you will be succesful.

Transparency means that the customer will get the best price or service he desires. Many who will have bought products from first seller, will not switch to second, just because he offers a slight discount compared to the first seller, because the customer is already satisfied with the first.

On the other hand;
As you can look, many companies, you can check Apple vs Xiaomi, Xiaomi gains huge marketshare in China because they can evade international laws by doing Apple replicas (barely making effort in differating themselves from Apple, even end presentations with "One more thing...") it kind of mirrors what decentralized marketplaces will be like in my opinion

Decentralized marketplaces and people selling peertopeer will not care for brand, or who sell it, but just sort for the cheapest price possible, the guy who can keep the lowest costs on places like OpenBazaar will ultimately win the marketshare, although who's first/uptime of business matters. In many cases, competitors who sell items cheaper than yourself, go out of business faster than you, just because they don't profit good. So while you can look at what others offer, and try to gain an edge by offering it cheaper you may walk into a trap.

That being said; the features are up for discussion, and what supernet can bring to the table can also cater to if a customer wants anon or not.
Thing being, that Crypti was never meant for anon, but can adapt, but will also want merchant accounts because it will bring legitimacy to outside actors.
It should not be too much emphasis on the matter as you put it, in my opinion, because todays customer (especially in crypto-related sections) are not stupid, it's not as simple as to browse other sellers and try to short them, because most of the surviving and long time sellers will already have factored in what customer is willing to pay, how much you can go up and down in price depending on situation, etc and come to the most competitve efficient solution.

In short, it will only sharpen competition, give best experience to customers aswell as put pressure on sellers to deliver topnotch, to top prices, but let's not kid ourselves that sellers will be wanting to be in the buy/sell business just to sell products for no profit at all, and that will be sole factor of deciding what price market is willing to sell for, and buy for. It can be a huge industry, and certainly in future won't probably cater to most european sellers, since chinese can always do it cheaper, and profit they can agree to is smaller than costs of business in eu/us.

But the sole point of decentralized marketplace is to create the best price, buyer and seller regardless of country. Whether it's anon or not.

Then I agree to that businesses needs some sort of privacy, but what you sell and buy a product for regardless is with relatively ease for a customer to find out, I can find what most products range buy and sell for, but what is really much harder to figure out is what deal merchant has to get them, and in a decentralized marketplace what deal you have as a merchant to get your products is where the true value lies, and no matter if I figure out I can short your price, maybe the other merchant has a better deal with his contact anyway, and if there's transparency on contact he probably wont chose you over him even if you offer him a slightly lower price, because of length of partnership/ not being able to know how reliable you are, and will hurt first merchant by delivering to you. etc etc.

In short it is a rough business, what's good is best product, best price, best delivery and customerbase wins it.

Also merchant registration can work as a suppliment to decentralized markets, whereas legit sellers sign up and get marketing in the process if buyers are browsing through merchants to see what area, goods, legitimacy, uptime, delivery times etc.
Whilst we should consider the possibility of implementing a anon feature to cater to those individuals who don't want govn to know what they buy.

Let's not forget the majority of the people on this earth really just want to buy stuff, and don't care if NSA look that they buy giftcards for Subway on internet

LetMeKnow

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:56:47 PM

I think pricing is not the biggest issue here.
You see i own an online shop and if my competition would be able to study my income and link it to my sales promotion activities, discounts, customer base, new product launches, etc... well you got the point. Thats just not acceptable for me.

Anyway, we should open thread at Crypti blog and propose some solutions for issues like this.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:10:37 PM

Just one example: Let's say I'm running a succesful shop built on crypti, selling amazon gift cards. When somebody else have the same idea, the first thing they do is check out the competition. How much business they do? That much? Let's do it then. Also, let's get in touch with their costumers and offer them a 10% discount to try us out. If crypti will have  messaging built in, this would be trivially easy.

Certainly transparent transactions are not good at all. That is why anonimity will have to be implemented to secure info on accounts .

Point #1  When I buy on Ebay, I can see the past transactions of the seller.  That has been an acceptable part of Ebay since the beginning.

Point #2  The blockchain will not show the profit of the merchant.  It will only show the transaction amount.  Not every transaction results in PROFIT.  I learned that the hard way... I had my own business for 30 years

Point #3  Merchants will not be handling EVERY SALE thru the XCR blockchain, and therefore their total sales cannot be known, just like on Ebay.

Point #4  You have assumed that the VERIFIED MERCHANT will be locked into one wallet address for eternity.  The code for this has not been developed yet, so I am just speculating that a VERIFIED MERCHANT will be able to generate new wallet addresses and have them linked to his VM account. 

LetMeKnow

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:06:46 PM

Point #1  When I buy on Ebay, I can see the past transactions of the seller.  That has been an acceptable part of Ebay since the beginning.

Point #2  The blockchain will not show the profit of the merchant.  It will only show the transaction amount.  Not every transaction results in PROFIT.  I learned that the hard way... I had my own business for 30 years

Point #3  Merchants will not be handling EVERY SALE thru the XCR blockchain, and therefore their total sales cannot be known, just like on Ebay.

Point #4  You have assumed that the VERIFIED MERCHANT will be locked into one wallet address for eternity.  The code for this has not been developed yet, so I am just speculating that a VERIFIED MERCHANT will be able to generate new wallet addresses and have them linked to his VM account.  

I was more talking about merchants that has their own websites and online stores. And as i understood before, merchant will have only one XCR adress so that was my assumption.

Hmm, but as you mentined now - merchant being able to generate many adresses would actually solve this.
informer

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:15:05 PM

Are the prices now lower than the original IPO? Looks like it.

Someone dumped 22000XCR on Cryptsy to drop the price to 550.  It is still 1004/913 on Bter.

Even there 913 is just hitting the IPO prices. 

Yes, but dont confuse PRICE and VALUE. 

I left a standing order on Cryptsy, I thought too low, for a couple thousand coin for a couple weeks cause someone keeps doing this every couple of weeks/month. Putting another order up today. Waiting on the next sucka.

~informer

informer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:19:09 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 05:36:07 PM by informer

OK, need some help guys. Using the official crypti guide:

https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/install.md

Which you guys know I've installed successfully many times. On my linux AWS t2.micro, i've re-installed and ran it many different way and still get the same outcome. I've tried restarting app.js, i've tried deleting logs.log and restarting. deleting blockchain.db, deleting both blockchain and logs. Every time it results in the same thing. When I go to the web wallet I see this screen over and over. The only thing that changes is the block number its on and when it gets to the last one it starts over.

I once saw the login screen briefly but then it went back to the loading screen. Any ideas?

Can someone please update the blockchain.db.zip here?

http://downloads.crypti.me/blockchains/blockchain.db.zip

~informer

Boris has already been working on trying to get the blockchain sync working better without requiring you download the version from the site. Right now we are seeing this same problem on some of our tester team who had been on testnet for days with no issues, so it isn't just you. We will post an update as soon as we have a fix available but I will pass on a note to see if they can help you in the meantime.

Any updates updates on this issue? I woke up today and opened my wallet to a login screen. Logged in successfully only to find it's still syncing:

after stop/wait/start app.js I'm back to a loading screen.

~informer

Litoshi

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:36:50 PM

Which you guys know I've installed successfully many times. On my linux AWS t2.micro, i've re-installed and ran it many different way and still get the same outcome. I've tried restarting app.js, i've tried deleting logs.log and restarting. deleting blockchain.db, deleting both blockchain and logs. Every time it results in the same thing. When I go to the web wallet I see this screen over and over. The only thing that changes is the block number its on and when it gets to the last one it starts over.

I once saw the login screen briefly but then it went back to the loading screen. Any ideas?

~informer

Boris has already been working on trying to get the blockchain sync working better without requiring you download the version from the site. Right now we are seeing this same problem on some of our tester team who had been on testnet for days with no issues, so it isn't just you. We will post an update as soon as we have a fix available but I will pass on a note to see if they can help you in the meantime.

Any updates updates on this issue? I woke up today and opened my wallet to a login screen. Logged in successfully only to find it's still syncing:

~informer

Dont confuse SYNC with DOWNLOAD.

The FIRST time you install the node, it has a blockchain.db file that it SYNCS to the network, then DOWNLOADS the blocks written since the blockchain.db file was updated.

The NEXT TIME and all other times you start the node, it SYNCS the blockchain.db file in your C:/CryptiWallet directory to the network, and then DOWNLOADS the newest blocks to catch up.

I know that it APPEARS that the node is downloading again, and I pointed this out during testing.  I would have added a text to explain this on the node, but the coders feel that since XCR has attracted the smartest users on the net, that they would understand the diff between SYNC and DOWNLOAD.

As for that little grey sync block at the lower right corner, that should show up for every block after the forging winner is chosen.  The temp algo for the forging allows each node to think it has won the forging contest.  Once the blockchain has the real forging winner recorded, your node must update its blockchain.db.  Should only take a few seconds. 

diba?

informer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:41:43 PM

http://downloads.crypti.me/blockchains/blockchain.db.zip

~informer

~informer

Dont confuse SYNC with DOWNLOAD.

The FIRST time you install the node, it has a blockchain.db file that it SYNCS to the network, then DOWNLOADS the blocks written since the blockchain.db file was updated.

The NEXT TIME and all other times you start the node, it SYNCS the blockchain.db file in your C:/CryptiWallet directory to the network, and then DOWNLOADS the newest blocks to catch up.

I know that it APPEARS that the node is downloading again, and I pointed this out during testing.  I would have added a text to explain this on the node, but the coders feel that since XCR has attracted the smartest users on the net, that they would understand the diff between SYNC and DOWNLOAD.

As for that little grey sync block at the lower right corner, that should show up for every block after the forging winner is chosen.  The temp algo for the forging allows each node to think it has won the forging contest.  Once the blockchain has the real forging winner recorded, your node must update its blockchain.db.  Should only take a few seconds.  

diba?

This is a linux node. I do understand the difference between sync and download. But that last note about syncing for the winner is new information for me. But yet still, it didn't change for half an hour.

~informer

Litoshi

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:29:08 PM

This is a linux node. I do understand the difference between sync and download. But that last note about syncing for the winner is new information for me. But yet still, it didn't change for half an hour.

~informer

If it does not change for that long, and the blockchain does not show any updating, you may have to reboot.

I run it on windows7, and I had a recent problem with running out of RAM.  I had the node running on this computer, along with FIreFox and the usual AntiVirus Norton.  WIth 4GB of RAM, I usually have 400MB or so unused.  Well, I was watching a long video on YouTube (3 hours).  I guess it filled up the RAM, because about 6 hours later, I checked my node, and it had stalled.  Resource and network check showed the node was not communicating.   Since the node was sucking 800MB of my RAM, I assume my system either closed it or it crashed when trying to grab more RAM. 

informer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:38:55 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 07:44:21 PM by informer

Since the post above I've launched a t2.medium, installed crypti, synced and it's forging already. First try, no restarts or anything. Just run and gun. But I can't justify running a t2.medium at today's price.

It's using about 2GB's of the available 4GB RAM.

Every 2.0s: free                                        Tue Oct 14 18:23:35 2014

total          used          free            shared    buffers     cached
Mem:       4046804    1967228    2079576        340     114312     774772
-/+ buffers/cache:    1078144    2968660
Swap:            0          0          0

And about 30% CPU usage on the 2 CPU's

Seems like the current build is a resource hog. My Digital Ocean Droplet of similar size seems to be afflicted with the same issues as the AWS t2.micro. I'm not complaining, just sharing.

~informer

informer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 07:29:26 PM

I see we can't transfer our XCR from Cryptsy at the moment:

"Our wallet is currently offline while we perform system maintenance."

~informer

Litoshi

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:23:58 PM

I see we can't transfer our XCR from Cryptsy at the moment:

"Our wallet is currently offline while we perform system maintenance."

~informer

It has been like that for several weeks.  I sent 1200CXCR from there early September to my win wallet........ its still not there. 

Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: