Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:42:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 [915] 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 12:57:07 AM

I like the new layout. You can add a little bit more color.
Was this forum script developed from scratch or did you use a open source solution? I am wondering coz I am looking for a similar script for an own project.

Please help test the new forums: https://forum.nem.io/
Smiley

BTW, anyone else going to the New Context conference Monday/Tuesday?
(or the secret VIP party?)

The new forum uses discourse Smiley

We are still working on importing the old forum, so for now, just test it.

The mobile app will be opened up for everyone to test once we are happy with the user experience. We are just tweaking the design some, so please wait.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:18:21 AM

It will be towards 100 soon.

It's an established crypto, innovative, with a rock solid dev team that makes meaningful progress consistently if you follow the development.

It's down a little, and the perfect time to buy. The mobile app is in testing now. Plus much more going on.

Much more than a forum switch lmao.

I keep hearing of this app and keep requesting proof but nothing. Takes not 2 minutes to take a screenshot and upload it.

After a year, all of a sudden the NEM devs are lying?

I don't think so. Are the people testing it lying too then I guess?

That would be a first, on both levels

Then whats the harm in posting a pic?

Everything they say they do. I'm not worried. Proof in screenshots can be good for confidence of a new coin and an unestablished dev team.

Makoto and the rest of the team are trustworthy and have class. They have always delivered before, and they surely will again this time.

And they are working on other things as well. NEM is a solid investment, and sits at a very attractive entry point atm.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 01:47:02 AM

It's an established crypto, innovative, with a rock solid dev team that makes meaningful progress consistently if you follow the development.

It's down a little, and the perfect time to buy. The mobile app is in testing now. Plus much more going on.

I keep hearing of this app and keep requesting proof but nothing. Takes not 2 minutes to take a screenshot and upload it.

After a year, all of a sudden the NEM devs are lying?

I don't think so. Are the people testing it lying too then I guess?

That would be a first, on both levels

Then whats the harm in posting a pic?

Everything they say they do. I'm not worried. Proof in screenshots can be good for confidence of a new coin and an unestablished dev team.

Makoto and the rest of the team are trustworthy and have class. They have always delivered before, and they surely will again this time.

And they are working on other things as well. NEM is a solid investment, and sits at a very attractive entry point atm.

I would encourage anyone to join telegram or slack Smiley
I don't have the link to join slack, but maybe someone can post it?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:56:37 AM

Here you go https://nemslack.herokuapp.com/
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:20:22 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 03:33:13 AM by Sword555

I'm trying to find out what makes NEM unique other than proof of importance? The multisig? So I know other factors come in play. It has great developers, huge team, XEM set aside for development etc.

I'm saying what does it have now.
I know NEM is in beta. What will it have in it's V1?
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 03:54:57 AM

does anybody with bot skills want to help further integrate Telegram and Slack. We have a few important channels in Telegram other than redteam, that would be nice to integrate, like the tech channel, or a channel for translation or website feedback and later we will need one for the mobile app and maybe a couple of others.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 04:15:58 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 11:39:02 AM by jabo38

I'm trying to find out what makes NEM unique other than proof of importance? The multisig? So I know other factors come in play. It has great developers, huge team, XEM set aside for development etc.

I'm saying what does it have now.
I know NEM is in beta. What will it have in it's V1?

Right now so far the NEM devs have been the first ever to make time syncing among nodes of a P2P network, first to institute Eignentrust to make sure nodes don't cheat, first to make POI, the first to do multisig notifications on blockchain, the first to do delegated harvesting, and a few other features.  

These were all things that other platforms hadn't done for their base platform of 1.0 features to make sending and receiving a "coin" safe.  

The current update you want is that the devs are finishing out the 1.0 features with things like having N of M multisig already working on the testnet.  

Other crypto's had a reputation of making 1.0 tech long before NEM, but NEM is the first time in my opinion it has been done right.

The focus now is to turn to 2.0 tech.  A lot of other platforms have already done 2.0, but nobody has done it right and well.  I'm looking forward to seeing just how the devs take something kind of done elsewhere first and do it well.  

The projects that they have announced publicly and that will be included in V1 are Smart Property Tiles,  Smart Contracts, Decentralized Exchange, Integration of multisig into to further NEM features, and quick node syncing tech.  

I'll go ahead and state here that I fully expect and know work is being done on projects above and beyond this, and will be presented later.  

I know BTT really wants updates and full outlines, but much of the work will be tight lipped while in development, but not completely tight lipped.  The list I just wrote is pretty extensive list of things to do.  

After a while, people will notice that NEM devs have a fully solid history of delivering very solid tech and will take notice.  NEM is a long game and the first steps have been taken.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 04:24:41 AM

There was a new testnet version released on the testnet a couple of days ago 6.37,  NEM devs are hard at work.  Check Github. 

mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 05:00:02 AM

Sorry but NEM wasn't the first to have time sync, emunie has had it for over two years but I agree with the rest of your post.
NASdaq

Activity: 304

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 05:00:14 AM

Have the sockpuppets makoto passed been paid yet? I haven't noticed any big dumping, so must be hodlers, or payments haven't gone out yet
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:23:21 AM

Yeh, I agree with you. I am convinced that the next release will bring thinks up which pushes the price. Currently, most are still disappointed about the bad communication and the lack of fixed release times.

ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:56:34 AM

Yeh, I agree with you. I am convinced that the next release will bring thinks up which pushes the price. Currently, most are still disappointed about the bad communication and the lack of fixed release times.

The problem is that they are very good developers, but unfortunately the worst in crypto marketing without ideas and concept!

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
Abou Talha

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:04:42 AM

45 sats...
I think it will go under 40 sats.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:30:57 AM

The problem is that they are very good developers, but unfortunately the worst in crypto marketing without ideas and concept!

Aren't you getting bored of saying that ? What on earth is anyone supposed to market right now ? I'm confident there will be apropriate marketing when there is something to tell people.
It's not all on the devs and the rest either. You have an idea ? Speak out and request funding instead of sitting in this thread naging.

You got any examples os successfull marketing campaings ? I mean where anything longer term came out of it ? I'd like to see them.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 11:42:57 AM

Sorry but NEM wasn't the first to have time sync, emunie has had it for over two years but I agree with the rest of your post.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.  Thanks for the correction, I'll have to word my statement more carefully next time to more clearly differentiate that NEM is the first to do it on a live network. 

ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:49:21 AM

Aren't you getting bored of saying that ? What on earth is anyone supposed to market right now ? I'm confident there will be apropriate marketing when there is something to tell people.
It's not all on the devs and the rest either. You have an idea ? Speak out and request funding instead of sitting in this thread naging.

You got any examples os successfull marketing campaings ? I mean where anything longer term came out of it ? I'd like to see them.

As i said some weeks ago, NEM is now a third/fourth row coin in most peoples toughts... If an effective marketing would have operated immediately, would be different, because to supply this immage now would be very very difficult...

I am not a marketing expert, but that there is no marketing for NEM is understanding anyone. The best example is this bitcointalk forum.. right, here are many trolls but anyone interested in cryptocurrencies is looking here, and if he see many active other active threads, and this very inactive threads, is obvious that he will opt for another... And now don't come out we have telegram, slack, forum and so on.... If you are only interested, but not invested, you don't go to register on telegram, forums ... only to look what NEM guys are discuting there!!! Having an big active bitcointalk thread IS FUNDAMENTAL, even if there are some trolls, they are anyway and anywhere..
We should try anything to get on btc38 CNY markets, there the volume is very very high for every coin traded there... If made some requests, but but it must be much more..

everyone sees fall of NEM and noted that devs does nothing will stay away... this not should be a trolling contribution, but someone has to say it

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

45 sats...

Week hands will regret later. I personally like it. For example the drop of bitcoin offered me a chance to buy a higher amount...
Maybe I can get also get a little deeper in nem.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:42:36 PM

Bad development, but when you believe into the success of XEM, this is the perfect time to increase your XEM stock Wink Otherwise, sell your XEM.

45 sats...
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:39:46 PM

As i said some weeks ago, NEM is now a third/fourth row coin in most peoples toughts... If an effective marketing would have operated immediately, would be different, because to supply this immage now would be very very difficult...

I am not a marketing expert, but that there is no marketing for NEM is understanding anyone. The best example is this bitcointalk forum.. right, here are many trolls but anyone interested in cryptocurrencies is looking here, and if he see many active other active threads, and this very inactive threads, is obvious that he will opt for another... And now don't come out we have telegram, slack, forum and so on.... If you are only interested, but not invested, you don't go to register on telegram, forums ... only to look what NEM guys are discuting there!!! Having an big active bitcointalk thread IS FUNDAMENTAL, even if there are some trolls, they are anyway and anywhere..
We should try anything to get on btc38 CNY markets, there the volume is very very high for every coin traded there... If made some requests, but but it must be much more..

everyone sees fall of NEM and noted that devs does nothing will stay away... this not should be a trolling contribution, but someone has to say it

While it seems like having a big and active Bitcointalk profile is fundamental, that isn't exactly the case.  There are only about 3 or 4 projects of crypto platforms that are really doing interesting things above and beyond Bitcoin.  I'd mention Ripple/Stellar, NXT, Bitshares, Dash/Monero (in my opinion in that order).  All of these also mostly live off of BTT, but still remain some kind of presence here.

What does live on BTT is a ton of pump and dumps.

In reality it is very hard to manage a complex project with lots of people working on lots of areas in a single purpose thread.  What is easy to do is to make a pump hype thread as a single purpose thread.  On some level everybody intuitively knows that.

While I agree with you that a lot of people coming into crypto end up here on BTT, the smart ones will not live here.  It is full of pumpers/dumpers/FUDsters. 

And when it comes to marketing there are tons of coins doing better marketing than NEM, but to be fair they are only marketing false hope and pump talk.  Coins like Paycoin and all the Paycoin look-a-likes have come in and promised radical changes become worth A LOT and faded away into obscurity. 

Instead NEM has the completely opposite approach than most of the threads on BTT.  We are marketing what we have.  While other platforms hype up things that won't be built for a year or two if that at all, they are really selling grand promises.  We are making no promises and working hard and when we get good features finished, then we will announce it here and start marketing elsewhere.  It is very different from how things are normally done in crypto so it feels strange to most people and they are a bit panicky at the moment because main devs or core marketers aren't coming in here saying, "you buy now and you be rich man with nice car next year".   

NEM is long game.  I keep on saying it and people keep on getting panicky.  That is their loss. 

arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:55:28 PM

I really don't understand why people keep banging on about marketing at this point in the game. What are you going to market?? XEM is in its' infancy, there is little more to market at the moment other than a working wallet for pretend money. Wait until we see some features released and services can build on the platform. Only then will XEM begin to rise to reach it's potential. Then marketing will have an  impact.

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
Pages: « 1 ... 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 [915] 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: